Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Vegas Production

+41
Stephanie
AlwaysChristine
CountessDeChangy
StrangerThanUDreamt
Loettchen
Devon
PhantomsGhost
Bunvendor
MajesticPhantom
providerofgoods
justin-from-barbados
operaphan
vmkwinner
Mme Reyer
LisaL
Phantom on a Budget
TheMaskedLion
Paula74
PhantomofPhoenix
LadyCDaae
ML6
alaron
phantomphan1992
musicalfan
Madame Giry
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
Viscountess
SenorSwanky
Demodiki
Becky
Rebecca
meglett
IamErik771
Christine's Shadow
operafantomet
Raphael
phantom10906
Scorp
phantomgirl110
MasqPhan
Callie Daae
45 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Empty Re: Las Vegas Production

Post  phantom10906 Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:59 pm

operafantomet wrote:"We had the crazy fans who dressed up, people throwing roses at us. It was great.", Anthony Crivello say in an interview.

I just wanna point out that the people in costume were NOT the lipstick-love-letter writing, mist-bottling, stage-sleeping, rose-throwing, crying people...

And hahaha, that is a great summary indeed Raphael! I totally second everything.

I'm gonna post some costume pictures shortly. If anyone protest against being in that bunch of photos, feel free to tell me so and I'll remove it.

Well one of us might have been bottling mist to resell to said phan Razz
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm

phantom10906 wrote: Laughing Well one of us might have been bottling mist to resell to said phan Razz
Hahahahaha, called "Heaven scent"?
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:29 pm

OK, here are photos from the costume night on Friday 31st of August.

The costume night was not an official event, but everyone was welcome to join. The idea was to meet up in the lobby before the show, and get the house photographer to take photos of us in the staircase. That did not happen. However, we took a lot of photos of eachother, until a rather cool usher came and said our awesomeness hindered people from going into the theatre, so if we could please find out seats...? Hahahaha! Most of us sat in the front seats, so it's safe to say most in the cast noticed. But I also think most in the cast knew on forehand that we were there in costume that night.

It was very amusing to see during the show how the poor random theatregoers glanced over at the correct costume when they appeared on stage. I had "Lair Phantom" and "Red Death" in front of me, but unlike some people at the Phan Week some years ago Red Death DID take off his hat and mask...

After the performance we headed out for the lobby where we took a gazillion photos. We were later joined by Brianne Kelly Morgan (Meg) and Michael Lackey (Auctioneer). One of the costume guests had brought along her father and he had a professional camera, so hopefully we'll see some truly high quality photos soon. In the mean time, here are nice snap shots and "party pictures" from the Phantom Theatre lobby at The Venetian:

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_elissa Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_fromsteph2
Elissa, later transformed into Lair Christine as the skirt was given away. FUN photo shoot, and so cool to see the skirt in a full outfit context. The second photo is from Stephanie.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_lilerikelissa
Obviously Lil' Erik had to try on the skirt as well.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_phantomphantom
Then this happened!

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_starprincess
The Star Princess. I love this photo.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_spider
Carlotta's Spider Masquerade costume sneaking up on Creepy Wax Crawford.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_reddeaths
Red Death-ilicious!

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_reddeathphantom
Red Death Phantom and Lair Phantom.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_phantomaminta
Uhm... This is where the party pictures starts...

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_fromstephanie
Masquerade Meg and Star Princess. Masqueradelicious! This photo is also from Stephanie.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_fromsteph
The Il Muto maid/Serafimo.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_fromlindsey Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_donjuanraphael
Raphael in a true Venetian costume, in Rococo style. His dresser is, believe it or not, Don Juan Phantom.

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_donjuanaminta Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Th_creepycrawfordaminta
Oh yeah, I much prefer Don Juan to Creepy Wax Crawford. Cool to take Don Juan/Aminta photos too!

Las Vegas Production - Page 18 Fromgeorgia
One of all of us in the lobby staircase. Got a bit of help from the pro's there... Picture from Georgia. Thanks to Cheryl and her amazing UK tour Degas wig overlapping my hair, it looks like I have the world's longest hair ever...

I never got to take a good photo of the girl at far left and far right. If anyone have any to share, or others I've forgotten, feel free. I'd love to see more pictures here from the costume night!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:21 pm

operafantomet wrote:After the performance we headed out for the lobby where we took a gazillion photos. We were later joined by Brianne Kelly Morgan (Meg) and Michael Lackey (Auctioneer).
Not to mention John Leslie Wolfe (M. André), Kevan Patriquin (stuntman), and Emily Thrasher (Mme. Firmin)!

I seriously wish I'd taken more pictures...

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:14 pm

I hate to ask this here but, what is up with all of a sudden noticing my boobs!? I've seen a few postings where people have been talking about them. One person asking "dear lord, where do they end?" It was a photoshopped picture that I'm not happy with. Mad Not cool. Evil or Very Mad
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:25 pm

meglett wrote:I hate to ask this here but, what is up with all of a sudden noticing my boobs!? I've seen a few postings where people have been talking about them. One person asking "dear lord, where do they end?" It was a photoshopped picture that I'm not happy with. Mad Not cool. Evil or Very Mad
Whaaaaat? You've joined the boobs of doom club? Welcome. It's a strange world, where everyone apparently think them ladies should be discussed in detail because... uh, they're there.

Anyones ass we should kick on your behalf? Suspect
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 pm

operafantomet wrote:
meglett wrote:I hate to ask this here but, what is up with all of a sudden noticing my boobs!? I've seen a few postings where people have been talking about them. One person asking "dear lord, where do they end?" It was a photoshopped picture that I'm not happy with. Mad Not cool. Evil or Very Mad
Whaaaaat? You've joined the boobs of doom club? Welcome. It's a strange world, where everyone apparently think them ladies should be discussed in detail because... uh, they're there.

IM the names. Your entourage has some asses to kick.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 am

Wow -- great photos from Vegas!
Thanks, operafantomet, for sharing them! Very Happy

All the costumes looked impressive, but I esp liked the Red Death costumes, the Star Princess, and Raphael's Venetian costume! Awesome!!! cheers
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:07 am

Raphael wrote:
operafantomet wrote:

IM the names. Your entourage has some asses to kick.

Agreed...please forward the offending names, and it will be resolved.

Back to top Go down

Post  charleygirl Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:52 pm

operafantomet wrote:

So this is the present from Deserted Phans (AKA all of us) to Brianne Kelly Morgan, to thank her for 6 fantastic years and to wish her luck in wherever her future career brings her. Raphael made the perfect card to go with it, and with an amazing effort from Michael Lackey it was hung with the rest of her costumes in her wardrobe before the Friday night show. The full story should probably be told by Brianne herself, but I believe there were tears. Smile

I just wanted to say that the skirt is absolutely gorgeous, and Brianne, you look beautiful. Very Happy
charleygirl
charleygirl

http://www.charleygirl.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Shocked Whoa, no need for that kind of disrespect! Sorry to hear this trouble, Brianne!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:21 am

Review Time!
Phantom:The Las Vegas Spectacular 09/02/12
Moved to Review thread
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  CountessDeChangy Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Was anyone just going up on stage and looking around? I saw alot of people doing that, but I was so..idk what the word is..lol that I just sat there and watched the actors go by.. I wish I had gone on stage!
CountessDeChangy
CountessDeChangy

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom on a Budget Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Most of us went up there and had a good, long look at almost everything. Experience of a lifetime, but very bittersweet. Crying or Very sad
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CountessDeChangy Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 am

I believe I saw you there! I wish I had gone up there..ah well, can't have everything I guess!
CountessDeChangy
CountessDeChangy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:05 am

Anyone else have fun stories from the final week? Please share! I'm still working on my review Very Happy

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:48 am

charleygirl wrote:
operafantomet wrote:

So this is the present from Deserted Phans (AKA all of us) to Brianne Kelly Morgan, to thank her for 6 fantastic years and to wish her luck in wherever her future career brings her. Raphael made the perfect card to go with it, and with an amazing effort from Michael Lackey it was hung with the rest of her costumes in her wardrobe before the Friday night show. The full story should probably be told by Brianne herself, but I believe there were tears. Smile

I just wanted to say that the skirt is absolutely gorgeous, and Brianne, you look beautiful. Very Happy
Thank you, Charleygirl! I feel so great in it! Anea did a beautiful job with it. I'm trying to keep it out of my cat's reach so he doesn't ruin the tassels. So far, so good. Wink Now I guess I need to build my own Hannibal. Shocked I mean, what good is it to have an Elisa skirt with no top. Twisted Evil
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:38 am

meglett wrote:
Thank you, Charleygirl! I feel so great in it! Anea did a beautiful job with it. I'm trying to keep it out of my cat's reach so he doesn't ruin the tassels. So far, so good. Wink Now I guess I need to build my own Hannibal. Shocked I mean, what good is it to have an Elisa skirt with no top. Twisted Evil
Deserted Phans member Raphael was going to say something, but Deserted Phans moderator Raphael gagged him, hog-tied him, threw him in the basement and locked the door before he could do so.

You're welcome.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Neat article about the guy who got parts of the set from Vegas:

http://www.lvrj.com/view/lonnie-hammargren-plans-open-house-to-share-new-art-artifacts-176389551.html

Be sure to watch the video!

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 am

i'm too depressed and jealous and envious to read it
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:37 am

I wish the whole set had gone to someone who could recreate the show for fans for a price. What a pilgrimage that would be! A Phantom fantasy camp.

That should definitely be a project of CamMac/RUG's when the show is over in its original form. Hook up with MGM Studios or Universal or something, or just have it somewhere in NY.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm

It's kind of why, of all places, someplace like NYC should have a broadway/theatre museum. Not that it would be totally Phantom, but it would be nice to have someplace to go that showcases up close aspects of famous/long running shows among other things.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm

That would be awesome. The Theatre Wing should work on that, with backing from major producers and theatre owners.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 am

The idea of a museum like that has been tossed around on a few forums like Broadway World for a while.

I, for one, would love it...theatre and museums are two of my favorite things to begin with.

I know some people have said the concept would only "sell" to hardcore NYC-area theatre fans and not bring in enough tourists, but I think such a museum could attract both...there are enough musicals that are iconic and recognizable to the general public to bring in tourists.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom on a Budget Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 am

I think it might attract both if it was located right in the heart of Broadway. I can't imagine a normal tourist, who has little or no real Broadway knowledge or interest, going out of their way to see a theatre museum. Problem then is finding real estate in the Times Square area for such a place, and I can't imagine how that would be possible these days.

I think it's an awesome idea, but probably not a feasible one.
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 am

Why is the angel that dons the arch 'outside' of the house? That thing is going to get weathered away! The elephant, too! (And some of the backdrapes from Hannibal.)
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:09 am

Based on what I've heard, and since other major pieces were destroyed, that could be part of the reason he got them--not necessarily for preservation. The powers-that-be knew they would eventually be rendered unusable.

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 am

phantomfett wrote:Based on what I've heard, and since other major pieces were destroyed, that could be part of the reason he got them--not necessarily for preservation. The powers-that-be knew they would eventually be rendered unusable.

Oh, thanks for this. I was crushed to see such memorable pieces of theatre lying out in the sun to weather away and fade.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah, we were all in shock when we saw the pics of the set being destroyed. It's too bad none of us were around for the week after the show closed to try and salvage things. They could have made a killing holding a charity auction. The organ alone could have fetched at least $6,000, but instead was cut up and thrown out. Sad I'm glad to see some parts of the set survived, even though they will weather heavily out in the Nevada desert.

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Yeah, WTF? There's gotta be a story behind the decision to destroy the set.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next