Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 1

+46
IamErik771
JW89
FutureOnTheWestEnd
London-Phan
justin1976
justin-from-barbados
LadyCDaae
PMB1034
Trilby
Cape Twirl of Doom
Aled_Boyo
sas
Viscountess
auctioneer
Josephine
MasqPhan
ML6
MlleMusique
Becky
Mandrake
The White Half-Mask
Callie Daae
MCfan
phantomgirl110
Rebecca
phantom10906
AngelofMusic
Lycanthrope
Phantomlove
Clare
Miss von Krolock
TGITPC
Helen
carlottawannabe
orange_peas
SenorSwanky
Christine's Shadow
Paula74
THEFISH<3
EarlFan
Raphael
Scorp
HerMajesty
starryeyed
Phantom Cat
operafantomet
50 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

The London production 1 - Page 24 Empty Re: The London production 1

Post  Miss von Krolock Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am

Principal
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 am

dolly-ry wrote:Slightly o/t but Scorp but how do you get text in italics? I try it and it never works for me Sad

Yeah, you just do this: [ i ] text you want in italics [ /i ] but without the spaces I put within the brackets. Or just highlight what you want in brackets and hit the I button in the WYSIWYG editor above each post (sort of like MS Word).
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks Senor. Hopefully that worked?

ETA: Yes it did clearly Smile Right, sorry for taking over the thread with italics talk...

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Hey guys, just want to bring this to your attention Simon Bailey leaves 21st August. NOT September 4th.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:16 am

starryeyed wrote:Hey guys, just want to bring this to your attention Simon Bailey leaves 21st August. NOT September 4th.
That wouldn't have anything to do with avoiding a certain psychopath, would it? And I'm asking with the utmost seriousness.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:10 am

Eek! Thanks for the heads up! I will have to see the show before then. So is it supposed to be David during August or does Scott have any dates? Also, is Gina off any time in August? Ideally I want to take my friends to see Scott/Gina/Simon, but David/Gina/Simon should be all right if all else fails.

I imagine Simon leaving slightly earlier is to do with him needing time to rehearse for Passion rather than avoid psychopathic stalkers...or at least I would hope...
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:02 am

Well, talking of stalkers, she has booked tickets for the 4th thinking it's his last night. I do not like to laugh at others misfortune but I'll make an exception for this... Right, sorry, immature moment over. If anyone on here however, has booked tickets thinking it was his last night then I do feel bad for that, but of course the 4th is the "main" cast change anyway. I would have brought it up earlier but it was only confirmed in the past few days.

Anyway, it's because of Passion starting so soon after the 4th that he is leaving slightly earlier. Although, it does also cut out some stalkers at the same time, it's a bit win-win really.

Gina does have time off in August 26th - 28th after Simon leaves. I think Scott is on August 26th (also after Simon leaves) but apart from that no holiday dates from Gina. Of course, David may or may not be ill etc at somepoint so you may get a Scott/Gina/Simon show.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Is Will Barratt going to be starting as principal Raoul when Simon leaves and continue through the cast change?

Anyway, it's because of Passion starting so soon after the 4th that he is leaving slightly earlier. Although, it does also cut out some stalkers at the same time, it's a bit win-win really.

Unless they find out he's leaving early and book for the 21st...

Last edited by Helen on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:49 pm

They live in America, so it's not very economically viable especially as it is quite "late notice" for flights such as that, I am sure they will find out but all they can do is go "crazy" and I am sure that's what they will do. If they then somehow rearrange at massive expense I'll be even more worried about their mental health.

And yes, I believe Will will (ha ha) take over from August 23rd.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:22 pm

OK this stalker thing is REALLY WEIRD. If she lives in the States how often does she fly to London to harass Simon?

I forgot to ask if Rebecca Lock is taking any time off during August...I want to make sure I catch her as well one last time. Anyone know?

Oh and count me in as another who'd love to see Julia Möller do Christine in London. Loved her in London Les Mis; one of my favourite Cosettes.
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:59 am

http://www.broadway.com/shows/phantom-opera-london/buzz/152923/west-end-phantom-welcomes-simon-bailey-back-to-the-opera/

what lovely green eyes

I must admit that mask looks really nice, since the JOJ days the London mask has had way too much forehead for my tastes.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 pm

That is one thing I absolutely love about David Shannon's Phantom. His eyes, you can tell even in that picture are unbelievably striking.

And a few times a year maybe Scorp? I've not really known about her until last November or something like that.

And no, Rebecca isn't taking time off in August, she has added an extra day to her July holiday though so returns a day later.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:29 pm

starryeyed wrote:
And no, Rebecca isn't taking time off in August, she has added an extra day to her July holiday though so returns a day later.

What date is she returning from holiday?

That is one thing I absolutely love about David Shannon's Phantom. His eyes, you can tell even in that picture are unbelievably striking.

He does have gorgeous eyes!

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Okay, I'll admit with all the dates swirling round in my head I can't be sure without double checking but I believe she was set to return the 27th and now returns the 28th? I really should check that out.

And completely agree about DS' eyes. I think that's why he doesn't have many fans, he really needs to be seen up close as he certainly knows how to act but I just don't think it projects that well. But one thing that always stands out is that there is something about the Mirror scene and the lights from underneath that really brings out how striking his eyes are. And deary me, I can't believe I've had such an in depth discussion about someones eyes... we'll leave that there ha ha !

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 pm

starryeyed wrote:Okay, I'll admit with all the dates swirling round in my head I can't be sure without double checking but I believe she was set to return the 27th and now returns the 28th? I really should check that out.

The 27th is a Tuesday if that helps any. I'm going that day and I was really hoping to see her.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 am

She'll be back that day, sorry for the confusion.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  PMB1034 Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:20 am

So SJD announced on Twitter that he's staying on briefly as Standby Phantom, until October 31st, then a new Phantom will join the cast in November. Are we to assume that Scott Davies is going to be principal Phantom from September Cast Change until the Newbie arrives in November?
PMB1034
PMB1034

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:33 am

PMB1034 wrote:So SJD announced on Twitter that he's staying on briefly as Standby Phantom, until October 31st, then a new Phantom will join the cast in November. Are we to assume that Scott Davies is going to be principal Phantom from September Cast Change until the Newbie arrives in November?
I assume so. Seems like they'll have two excellent Phantoms in the stalls that period!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss von Krolock Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:25 pm

I wonder if John Owen-Jones will return to the role in November then? He will be free by then won't he?
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  PMB1034 Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:46 am

Personally, as great as JOJ appeared to be, I'm hoping for someone completely brand-spanking new to the role. I'd really like to see the casting move forward, with someone surprising and unquantifiable, rather than re-living past glories.
PMB1034
PMB1034

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 am

Oh YAY for SJD staying for a little as standby, I really enjoyed his performance when I saw him in the role.

I doubt it will be JOJ just based on what he said when I asked him about this when I saw him in Paris. If any Phantom is to return I would like it to be him though. But someone new would be very welcome.
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:22 pm

PMB1034 wrote:So SJD announced on Twitter that he's staying on briefly as Standby Phantom, until October 31st, then a new Phantom will join the cast in November. Are we to assume that Scott Davies is going to be principal Phantom from September Cast Change until the Newbie arrives in November?

To have Scott Davies as principal would be great, I loved his Phantom and really want to see him again. Heard a lot of good stuff about SJD so would like to see him as the Phantom as well. When it comes to a new Phantom I wish to see someone who might not have been involved with the role or the show before to bring something new in. It's time for that now I think after bringing Scott D and Sofia E back in. Even if they are great it would be nice to see some new faces.
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm hearing from a few people that JOJ is looking more and more likely to return as Phantom as of right now. While it may not be someone 'new,' it's certainly someone excellent. I've seen JOJ do the show many times, and I was never dissapointed. Of course, this info isn't confirmed...but from what I hear, a lot of people believe it to be true. Hopefully we'll hear more over the next few days.

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Yes, Scott Davies is performing September and October.
Also, you know who has found out about someone leaving early. Sorry but I have zero sympathy.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm not a JOJ fan in the slightest, too much shouting.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  Callie Daae Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:I'm not a JOJ fan in the slightest, too much shouting.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who noticed that! His Final Lair scares me! Especially his, "GO NOW AND LEAVE MEEEEEEEEE!!!" Laughing
Callie Daae
Callie Daae

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm glad some people out there aren't JOJ fans, I also thought he was overrated as Valjean. He is good, but certainly not the best I've seen.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Hmm. Interesting points re JOJ. I always found that his performance was consistently strong. Even on a Tuesday matinee, he really digs deep and belts out the money notes, and his final lair was always anguishing. I also think that he has one of the best voices of the Phantoms that we've seen. I've found that a lot of Phantoms have become "shouty" in recent years (even Ramin in the latter part of his run - not to mention McGillin in the States) - maybe more a creative decision by the resident director? Who knows. Still no confirmation that he is indeed our Phantom, though I guess we'll be getting casting information within the next couple of weeks with rehearsals starting (though probably not for JOJ until after October 3).

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 pm

I think it is also a personal preference and tone of voice, yes Howard shouts too and has an unbelievable lisp because of the make-up, but he makes up for it in his tone. JOJ was just too harsh for me, but if he is coming back, then atleast he has a great deal of experience in the role, But I would have prefered someone new.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:57 am

I used to really like JOJ's Phantom. I certainly preferred him to the American Phantoms at the time (mainly Hugh Panaro and Gary Mauer). I still like the sensuality of his MOTN and the raw emotion of his FL (though maybe a little OTT at times with the screaming). But he's no longer quite as golden as I used to view his portrayal.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next