Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 1

+46
IamErik771
JW89
FutureOnTheWestEnd
London-Phan
justin1976
justin-from-barbados
LadyCDaae
PMB1034
Trilby
Cape Twirl of Doom
Aled_Boyo
sas
Viscountess
auctioneer
Josephine
MasqPhan
ML6
MlleMusique
Becky
Mandrake
The White Half-Mask
Callie Daae
MCfan
phantomgirl110
Rebecca
phantom10906
AngelofMusic
Lycanthrope
Phantomlove
Clare
Miss von Krolock
TGITPC
Helen
carlottawannabe
orange_peas
SenorSwanky
Christine's Shadow
Paula74
THEFISH<3
EarlFan
Raphael
Scorp
HerMajesty
starryeyed
Phantom Cat
operafantomet
50 posters

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Go down

The London production 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: The London production 1

Post  starryeyed Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:51 am

Thanks guys! Had a lovely couple of days and enjoyed Legally last night and Phantom tonight. Saw Simon after last nights show and it was clear he shouldn't have gone on even last night. Had a very immature stage door experience with Will tonight - guy has such a sense of humour. Great show though. Will write more when I am fully awake. Really taken it out me these past few days. Oh and I would be up for group trip.

ETA: HM's REALLY need to announce understudies before a show, I think I went home still saying "It's Will Barratt, Simon Bailey is off." Then i of course got a reply of "Oh has that boy left?" "No he is just off sick, that's Will Barratt on, he does it when Simon can't" "Oh I didn't know that happened." WHAT? You actually thought that performers performed every single show for the whole of their contract? Sigh. It was rather amusing to see a few people squinting at Simon's picture and thinking "That can't be him." Funnily enough someone had been last year and saw Simon and described him as "better because he looked more French." I gave it some thought, DOES he look French? I couldn't really decide.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Scott Davies will be performing 18th - 20th March. Heads up for you all.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:53 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Scott Davies will be performing 18th - 20th March. Heads up for you all.

YES YES YES YES YES. I want to go. I want to go! Group trip, we must plan. Now!

Unless people fancy seeing the show around the middle of this month...cos I reckon I might need it to recover from seeing LND...
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:00 pm

I can probably do this month, I usually prefer to go on a Tuesday but whatever day anyone else wants... but I am going to do everything I can to get to one of the Scott dates.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:09 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I can probably do this month, I usually prefer to go on a Tuesday but whatever day anyone else wants... but I am going to do everything I can to get to one of the Scott dates.

I'm up for one of the March dates when Scott's on, all of them I think would work for me. Is Tabitha Webb any good (be honest!) or am I better off enjoying the wonderful Gina again?

By the way, I can't say too much about this, but it raises an interesting point so I know I am allowed to say a little bit. Everyone knew Nigel Richards left because he was unhappy, but apparently this was partially down to clashing opinions with the resident directors (incidentally, who are they? Hasn't Laurence Connor left now to work on the Les Mis tour?). I thought I'd raise the point because Hal Prince always says he tries to avoid having cookie-cutter Phantoms in spite of everyone obviously following the basics laid down by Crawford, yet apparently this was one case where poor Nigel apparently wasn't 'by the book' enough. I don't know why I dismissed Nigel's vocals previously, I regret saying that now. It seems from everything I've heard that his acting was very interesting -- especially if it wasn't cookie-cutter -- and I would have been interested in seeing him. I feel especially saddened since in the programme his bio states that his voice teacher had always dreamed he would play the Phantom.
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

I have never fully understand the Nigel situation, I have heard bits and pieces (probably too much that I shouldn't have) and it all sounds rather odd. However, with what you are saying it makes more sense. But there are many actors who I am aware of who have clashed with the resident directors, why was Nigel the only one to fall for it? Laurence Connor has indeed left to work on the Les Mis tour. My mum saw Nigel (and Katy in the one show) and she really enjoyed his Phantom, and I had forgotten about the bit in his bio, I remember first reading that and it upset me but now even moreso.

Interesting bit of info: Looks like we are getting Scott pictures. He was due in last week for the photoshoot but couldn't make it in so it was postponed.

Well, I have never personally saw Tabitha Webb, but Helen has and I am sure she will comment, I think if memory serves me correctly she told me that she had her about tied with Gina, so perhaps we should aim to see someone different?

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Lycanthrope Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Scorp wrote:
By the way, I can't say too much about this, but it raises an interesting point so I know I am allowed to say a little bit. Everyone knew Nigel Richards left because he was unhappy, but apparently this was partially down to clashing opinions with the resident directors (incidentally, who are they? Hasn't Laurence Connor left now to work on the Les Mis tour?). I thought I'd raise the point because Hal Prince always says he tries to avoid having cookie-cutter Phantoms in spite of everyone obviously following the basics laid down by Crawford, yet apparently this was one case where poor Nigel apparently wasn't 'by the book' enough. I don't know why I dismissed Nigel's vocals previously, I regret saying that now. It seems from everything I've heard that his acting was very interesting -- especially if it wasn't cookie-cutter -- and I would have been interested in seeing him. I feel especially saddened since in the programme his bio states that his voice teacher had always dreamed he would play the Phantom.

As I saw Nigel's Phantom, I can definitely state that his Phantom was markedly different - he emphasised the strangeness of the character, and he broke with conventional blocking (MOTN in particular) quite a bit and added unique touches (he actually played the right notes/chords on the organ rather than just mindlessly bashing at it as so many do. That made me extremely happy). He could have become an excellent Phantom - I'll admit that his vocals were strained on the higher notes, which meant that his MOTN was a little underpowering; yet elsewhere his vocals were very impressive indeed, and I *loved* how he sang the title song: probably the best rendition of it that I've seen, to be honest. Both his at times slightly disappointing vocals and the feeling I got that he was slightly under-rehearsed would have disappeared with time as I only saw his fourth performance in the role. It's really a great shame but I've no doubt that Scott is good; I guess it's a case of c'est la vie.

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:08 pm

dolly-ry wrote:
Well, I have never personally saw Tabitha Webb, but Helen has and I am sure she will comment, I think if memory serves me correctly she told me that she had her about tied with Gina, so perhaps we should aim to see someone different?

I do have her about tied with Gina. I can't choose between them, because their Christines are quite different. Tabitha's Christine seems younger and more naive than Gina's. I think both portrayals work well, and I liked both of them. I'd be up for a group trip too! That would be fun.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Helen wrote:
dolly-ry wrote:

I do have her about tied with Gina. I can't choose between them, because their Christines are quite different. Tabitha's Christine seems younger and more naive than Gina's. I think both portrayals work well, and I liked both of them. I'd be up for a group trip too! That would be fun.

Does this mean I should be able to erase those awful memories of Songs of Praise? That's what's put me off seeing her so far. In that case, I'm happy to give her a try and attend the 18th March performance on a Thursday evening...anyone?
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:04 pm

I didn't watch that Songs of Praise video until people started talking about how bad it was and I'll be honest I think that may be what has hindered me from going to see Tabitha.

I'll see if I can make the Thursday, hopefully can.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I didn't watch that Songs of Praise video until people started talking about how bad it was and I'll be honest I think that may be what has hindered me from going to see Tabitha.

I'll see if I can make the Thursday, hopefully can.

Don't live in London, so the only 'experience' I've had of seeing Tabitha was from that Songs of Praise clip. SO MUCH LISPING. But, if she's better than that, well, congragulations for her.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 pm

If people are unsure about Tabitha I'm more than happy to go on a Friday or Saturday night...you can't go wrong with Gina and I always see something new in her acting every time!
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Scorp wrote:If people are unsure about Tabitha I'm more than happy to go on a Friday or Saturday night...you can't go wrong with Gina and I always see something new in her acting every time!

That's because Gina is amazing and can do no wrong.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:07 am

Scorp wrote:
Helen wrote:
dolly-ry wrote:

Does this mean I should be able to erase those awful memories of Songs of Praise? That's what's put me off seeing her so far. In that case, I'm happy to give her a try and attend the 18th March performance on a Thursday evening...anyone?

She was so much better than the Songs of Praise performance. I was a bit worried about seeing her having seen that, but it does her no justice at all. I liked her rendition of WYWSHA in the show, but I do prefer Gina in that song. Overall, I think I prefer Tabitha in act 1 and Gina in act 2.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 am

Helen wrote:

She was so much better than the Songs of Praise performance. I was a bit worried about seeing her having seen that, but it does her no justice at all. I liked her rendition of WYWSHA in the show, but I do prefer Gina in that song. Overall, I think I prefer Tabitha in act 1 and Gina in act 2.

OK, well that's reassuring. I do really, REALLY like Gina though. So I guess it's up to what everyone wants/can do. Since I'd quite like to see Gina opposite an older Phantom, I'm quite keen for 19th March, which should be a Friday. Just realised I can't do 20th March. What do people say to that? Otherwise I guess I'll try out Tabitha and go on the 18th if people would rather go to that...
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:30 am

The Friday may suit me better. I also just remembered about how much Gina loves Scott as Phantom they would probably be a good duo to see, but I don't mind if people want to go on the Thursday.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 pm

dolly-ry wrote:The Friday may suit me better. I also just remembered about how much Gina loves Scott as Phantom they would probably be a good duo to see, but I don't mind if people want to go on the Thursday.

Yeah Gina and Scott sounds like a good duo to me...up for that!
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Right hi jacking the thread with a little mini review. I am sorry I am just going to comment on Stephen and Will... and if anyone else comes into when I talk about them then that is fine.

So with Simon's sore shoulder (shoulder, not neck, even Gina says neck, it is his shoulder sorry I just get really picky at times) I got Will Barratt as Raoul, so with pre-warning of this on the Friday night I was actually considering selling my tickets on well I am glad I didn't to say the least. I also had SJD Firmin so that was an added bonus. It was full cast apart from this, I am sure it was Colin Zammit as Buquet, does he cover that role? Also does anyone know who covers Will's track when he is Raoul, I think he is an older man and I always find it weird when he is the policeman in the pit as I always just think of a young policeman. Anyway moving on.

Will Barratt has improved 100% his range of facial expressions astounded me, he literally used to have one facial expression the whole show which was rather off putting but he has really grown into the role and became comfortable enough to be able to act it. Add to this his gorgeous voice, he definitely became my second favourite Raoul (that I have actually seen- sorry Ryan to bump you down...) on Saturday. His and Simon's voices are very different but I actually can't put one above the other, but Simon's ad libs and his speaking voice just win it for him for me, but it is very close between the two. I also think Will should be the Phantom in a few years, but I would like him to be principal Raoul first.

But speaking of ad libs, you appreciate them more when they aren't there. I really missed even Simon's knocking on the dressing room door, his "I know," and the Final Lair was an odd experience without the usual four extra lines or so Simon likes to add in, I think I realised exactly how much Simon fleshes out the role. I'd love Will to get the same opportunity I really would. Will did flub quite a bit at first unfortunately (and all in Little Lotte) he was really cutting across Gina a lot and stumbling over his lines and when he came back during the Mirror he completely forgot his lines and just knocked on the door frantically... not even a single "Christine!" I also missed the comparing of the notes in Prima Donna. But Will, yes fantastic, it is just a shame Simon and Gina are such great friends so have more natural chemistry.

Will's Masquerade dancing amused me a lot, he doesn't move his arms at all at the very end when they come to the front of the stage just locks them in position bent at the elbows, very amusing. He doesn't DO much in the Final Lair, but the expression on his face during the kiss, it was utterly heartbreaking. I actually told Gina about it later and she demanded I dissect the whole thing completely as she never gets to see it of course and then asked what Simon was like. I like that she genuinely cares what else is going on.

Oh quick note about David he has definitely improved he didn't bore me as much before the Angel as he had done previously, he just needs to work on his MOTN, I don't think he quite "gets it" yet. But he is very quickly improving and that's a good sign.

Now onto Stephen. It was fantastic to see his Firmin but oh how I missed his Buquet. I think we need a Stephen clone for when he needs to be on as Firmin. He really gets the opportunity to show off his voice when he is on as Firmin though and for that I rank him above Barry, but David Lawrence remains my favourite Firmin (who I have seen.) I strangely enough missed some of Barry's little ad libs which I didn't expect to. But Stephen and Gareth had really good chemistry together and bounced off one another perfectly. Unfortunately Firmin isn't a role you get to do much with really so.. I don't have much to say on him. But excellent voice, now to see his Phantom!

And while we are on the subject of SJD I know everyone raves about how he really makes Buquet but can we have some appreciation for whoever plays the Dancing Shephard please? He has really started ad libbing lately and I am loving it. I love how he actually says "Stop! Stop it!" to the orchestra as he knows something is occuring and when they carry on he sort of throws his arms down dejected and goes to run off before the backdrop raises and just stands their and shields a few of the ballet girls.

Sorry this was meant to be mini and I just realised it is very Will heavy... apologies for that.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Is there any role SJD can't do well? Smile

In an interview with Reader's Digest promoting the book version of his excellent website, TheatreMonkey recommends seat H23 as good value for money:

"Have a look at the restricted view seats that are further forward...My favourite is H23 at Her Majesty's in London. There's a pillar you have to peer round but if you lean to one side you can see everything."

(Source : http://www.theatremonkey.com/zzArticledigest.pdf )

So how much is H23 priced at? Can't be bothered to look it up...
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm

I'd be intrigued to see SJD play any role including the female ones.

Wait a minute? Well I am assuming it can't be H23 stalls, so it is H23 dress circle which is priced at £25. I personally would not recommend that seat at all as you miss a lot above the stage and you miss some of the time when people are at the front of the stage (and that was with me sitting in row E once) but I suppose everyone has different opinions. The seat I recommend is A6 grand circle. Don't let the £20 price tag put you off, you literally only miss Raoul and Christine come on during Masquerade, it is a fantastic seat for its price. If you can't get that A4 and A5 are also good I'd assume (wouldn't go any further over though.) Rows B,C,D on that side are also good but seriously A6, it is a steal.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:57 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Right hi jacking the thread with a little mini review. I am sorry I am just going to comment on Stephen and Will... and if anyone else comes into when I talk about them then that is fine.

So with Simon's sore shoulder (shoulder, not neck, even Gina says neck, it is his shoulder sorry I just get really picky at times) I got Will Barratt as Raoul, so with pre-warning of this on the Friday night I was actually considering selling my tickets on well I am glad I didn't to say the least. I also had SJD Firmin so that was an added bonus. It was full cast apart from this, I am sure it was Colin Zammit as Buquet, does he cover that role? Also does anyone know who covers Will's track when he is Raoul, I think he is an older man and I always find it weird when he is the policeman in the pit as I always just think of a young policeman. Anyway moving on.

Will Barratt has improved 100% his range of facial expressions astounded me, he literally used to have one facial expression the whole show which was rather off putting but he has really grown into the role and became comfortable enough to be able to act it. Add to this his gorgeous voice, he definitely became my second favourite Raoul (that I have actually seen- sorry Ryan to bump you down...) on Saturday. His and Simon's voices are very different but I actually can't put one above the other, but Simon's ad libs and his speaking voice just win it for him for me, but it is very close between the two. I also think Will should be the Phantom in a few years, but I would like him to be principal Raoul first.
I'm so glad you liked Will Barrett this time around, he was really impressive when I saw him in mid December. When I saw him, I almost couldn't believe Simon Bailey could be better! But admittedly I ended up liking Bailey more (but for the same reasons as you - the ad libs and the energy he puts into it).

Though, Tomas "Tomas!" Kofod is still my number one... Aaaw, awesome bloke.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Oh Will was fantastic this time around. It was his acting it had certainly improved, I wasn't exagerrating when I said he used to only have one facial expression, I think he was nervous earlier on. I think I need to dig up some of your reviews of Tomas as very intrigued as to what he will be like.

Side note Will will (god that's a tongue twister) most likely be on for tomorrrow's two shows due to a combination of factors, meaning he has performed a lot in January and start of February, he will really be getting into the swing of things now.

Last edited by dolly-ry on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Great to get the reviews from London -- have been missing them recently!

Do hope that Simon will be back on top form soon.

Question for London regulars to consider: do you think that Simon will make a good future Phantom (say in a couple of years)? Seems as though it's a recurring trend for Raouls to graduate to the Phantom role after having spent a couple of years elsewhere. I think Simon could do it. I think he has the right range of voice, physical dexterity, and range of expression. I think he'd be an "angry Phantom," but there have been lots of them in the recent past. What do others think?

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:00 pm

auctioneer wrote:Great to get the reviews from London -- have been missing them recently!

Do hope that Simon will be back on top form soon.

Question for London regulars to consider: do you think that Simon will make a good future Phantom (say in a couple of years)? Seems as though it's a recurring trend for Raouls to graduate to the Phantom role after having spent a couple of years elsewhere. I think Simon could do it. I think he has the right range of voice, physical dexterity, and range of expression. I think he'd be an "angry Phantom," but there have been lots of them in the recent past. What do others think?

Auctioneer, are you in Canada or in London at the moment? Fancy coming for a group trip in March if you're in London?

Hmmm about Simon Bailey as the Phantom. I have no idea. The funny thing is I was expecting not to like his Raoul because I didn't like his Enjolras, and so he completely took me by surprise and he's now probably my third favourite Raoul (after Steve Barton and Tomas (Tomas!) Kofod). I guess it's a possibility. One of my all-time favourite Phantoms, Peter Cousens, was a Raoul beforehand but I much preferred him as the Phantom.

SJD's on for the title role tonight BTW...I can't go, too busy. Sad
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:13 pm

I'd love to go on a group trip, but sadly, I'll be in Canada until early June. It's been great meeting some Phantom loyalists over the last little while, and if there's another group trip around that time, I'd love to go with you all and see the show together.

I have to confess that I'm not the world's biggest Simon Bailey fan, but it's entirely a matter of taste for me. I do recognize his talent - don't get me wrong. I can understand how his "angry" Raoul is a completely valid interpretation of the role, but I just find it a bit too over the top for me. I'd be curious to see his interpretation if he were consciously to decide to "tone it down" a bit just to see what he would do. Might help freshen things up for him, too, if he were to try being a little more vulnerable in the role. At the moment, I feel as though each time I've seen him has been quite similar (as opposed to Ramin, for instance, who grew angrier as the months went by - and then, unfortunately, he stayed that way for his last six months or so). If Simon Bailey were to make a good Phantom, I think that he would have to work on expanding his range of interpretation so as to be able to play the parts where the Phantom is at his most vulnerable seem more plausible. I think he could do it, but I'd like to see him play around with Raoul a bit more. As I said, might keep things fresher for him and his castmates, too.

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:17 pm

auctioneer wrote:I'd love to go on a group trip, but sadly, I'll be in Canada until early June. It's been great meeting some Phantom loyalists over the last little while, and if there's another group trip around that time, I'd love to go with you all and see the show together.

I have to confess that I'm not the world's biggest Simon Bailey fan, but it's entirely a matter of taste for me. I do recognize his talent - don't get me wrong. I can understand how his "angry" Raoul is a completely valid interpretation of the role, but I just find it a bit too over the top for me. I'd be curious to see his interpretation if he were consciously to decide to "tone it down" a bit just to see what he would do. Might help freshen things up for him, too, if he were to try being a little more vulnerable in the role. At the moment, I feel as though each time I've seen him has been quite similar (as opposed to Ramin, for instance, who grew angrier as the months went by - and then, unfortunately, he stayed that way for his last six months or so). If Simon Bailey were to make a good Phantom, I think that he would have to work on expanding his range of interpretation so as to be able to play the parts where the Phantom is at his most vulnerable seem more plausible. I think he could do it, but I'd like to see him play around with Raoul a bit more. As I said, might keep things fresher for him and his castmates, too.

We will have to go over the summer then as well. Smile

Simon Bailey isn't really as 'angry' now as he was at the start. I remember being slightly taken aback by the shouting when I first saw him, but I don't find it that noticeable these days...I think it's been toned down. And compared to Tim Martin Gleason, whom I saw on Broadway (didn't like him, he shouted his way throughout the entire thing, don't understand why Hal Prince likes him so much), Simon's Raoul is a pussycat, LOL.
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:21 pm

That's a good point -- I have noticed the similarities between TMG and Simon Bailey. That being said, what I theorize happened with TMG is that he grew sick of the role (he played it for about seven years, I think!) and was probably trying to wait things out for a crack at Principal Phantom. Of course, this is just my guess.

Re Simon: It's funny, though, since I find the reverse -- because there are usually a few months between my trips to the UK (and, as a result to Phantom), I thought I detected that Simon Bailey had gotten angrier! Of course, it's a question of the individual performances that I saw...but I'm glad to hear that others are seeing more flexibility in his portrayal.

Yes, let's do make a group trip plan for June. Would love to meet you all - though it's likely that we've seen the show together before and not known as much!

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:07 pm

I am going on a Friday in June! I will double check the dates and see if any of you can make it?

I'll reply better to the whole Simon Bailey debate later or tomorrow, I have so much going on today I want to cry but moving on. Simon is in no way as angry as he was when he first started the role, I think I give him the benefit of the doubt that he hadn't seen the show nor researched the role and just didn't know exactly what to do with the character then, but I still don't describe him as he has toned it down. He doesn't stick with one interpretation I can go one time and he's pretty mellow then the next time he's verging on going crazy at times then I go back and he's mellow again. He is more often than not a pretty mellow Raoul now, it all depends, although he is always (unless ill) pretty angry in the Final Lair.

With Simon and Gina sort of bouncing off each other I find she often becomes a tad angrier when he is going for the angry approach. It is most noticeable before All I Ask of You (where I've seen Gina repeatedly batter his shoulders and push him away) and in TEW where she seems to struggle against him and I'll be hones those performances rank within my least favourite performances I have watched...

I am glad he stopped being quite so angry during "Bravo Monsieur" and has adopted a more sarcastic approach, I think it fits him better. Now if he were to be The Phantom... I'd say he would be angry yes, but hopefully angry in the right places and not resort to becoming a psychotic type Phantom. But I'll add more to that later. And this has now become too long and I should really shut the computer off.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Fair enough -- Dolly-ry, you see the show more often than I do, and in fairness, I seem to hit quite a few shows when Simon is off (usually his vacation time). I had noticed that Gina, too, can take the 'angry' approach sometimes when Simon is in full force. I'm glad to hear that there is more variety in his performances than I had suspected. Simon is still quite young and will grow over time.

Glad to hear that Will Barratt is growing into the role. I guess a solid run of being 'on' for Raoul will help there.

And I imagine that Mr Davis is in quite strong form as Phantom. I thought that he was already quite good when I saw him in October, and I imagine that he's only improved steadily since then.

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Sorry Auctioneer I've noticed some of my posts sound a bit "I KNOW what I am talking about" I was just offering an alternative viewpoint. I take on board all your points too, it really does depend what shows you see of course. Everyone is bound to be different each day, we could see it a day apart and have completely different views. It is why I love live theatre.

I imagine SJD is doing good as well, such a shame Scott is out of action at the moment, I would love to see him in the role but will settle for March.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next