Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 1

+46
IamErik771
JW89
FutureOnTheWestEnd
London-Phan
justin1976
justin-from-barbados
LadyCDaae
PMB1034
Trilby
Cape Twirl of Doom
Aled_Boyo
sas
Viscountess
auctioneer
Josephine
MasqPhan
ML6
MlleMusique
Becky
Mandrake
The White Half-Mask
Callie Daae
MCfan
phantomgirl110
Rebecca
phantom10906
AngelofMusic
Lycanthrope
Phantomlove
Clare
Miss von Krolock
TGITPC
Helen
carlottawannabe
orange_peas
SenorSwanky
Christine's Shadow
Paula74
THEFISH<3
EarlFan
Raphael
Scorp
HerMajesty
starryeyed
Phantom Cat
operafantomet
50 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

The London production 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: The London production 1

Post  London-Phan Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Sorry I'll clarify Scott Davies is NOT being promoted. Nor does he want to be therefore didn't audition, it is a brand new Phantom I know that much.

I'm actually quite suprised that he would have to audition to be principal, seeing as though he's been principal before and that he's the current standby. I find it weird that they would make him audition.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:21 pm

I do like the Scott/ Gina/ Simon combination as they seem to work with each other very well.

It's certainly a combination that I'd like to see, but I don't think it'll happen. I've seen Gina with both of them, but not at the same performance.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm

You never know Helen, you might, David Shannon is off a lot these days (and that's not intended as a criticism, just a statement.)

Also slightly o/t but there is a new guy in the box office of Her Majesty's who is the rudest individual I've ever encountered. I am not usually one for complaining but I certainly did after encountering him.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Sorry for the double post but I felt this granted it's own seperate post.

I can confirm that WILL BARRATT will play the role of Raoul from September.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:07 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Sorry for the double post but I felt this granted it's own seperate post.

So thats who you were talking about the other day? I here he's very good. I want to know who the phantom is going to be. Very Happy
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:35 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I can confirm that WILL BARRATT will play the role of Raoul from September.

Yay! Great news! Very Happy
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:49 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I can confirm that WILL BARRATT will play the role of Raoul from September.
Wow, that must be one of the few times an US is bumped up to lead role directly. At least at HMT. But I loved his portrayal in December, and I'm positive he'll be just as good when doing the role full time.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:33 pm

dolly-ry wrote:

That's brilliant news. I'm so pleased for him. Any news on who his Christine will be?

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:37 am

Well Lauren Samuels from Dorothy got down to the final two (!) but I am hearing Sofia Escobar (I will say this is in NO way confirmed, but it's what I've been hearing from a few reliable people...)

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  PMB1034 Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:46 am

dolly-ry wrote:Well Lauren Samuels from Dorothy got down to the final two (!) but I am hearing Sofia Escobar (I will say this is in NO way confirmed, but it's what I've been hearing from a few reliable people...)

I bloody knew it! All of a sudden, in Lauren's last couple of weeks on Over The Rainbow, Andy started going on about what a lovely soprano voice she had got and how they'd missed it before...I turned to my Mum and said "he'll be eyeing her up for Christine in Phantom or LND".
PMB1034
PMB1034

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 am

PMB1034 wrote:
dolly-ry wrote:Well Lauren Samuels from Dorothy got down to the final two (!) but I am hearing Sofia Escobar (I will say this is in NO way confirmed, but it's what I've been hearing from a few reliable people...)

I bloody knew it! All of a sudden, in Lauren's last couple of weeks on Over The Rainbow, Andy started going on about what a lovely soprano voice she had got and how they'd missed it before...I turned to my Mum and said "he'll be eyeing her up for Christine in Phantom or LND".

*Nods* believe me so did I! Although I was starting to think maybe for the sequel as he kept saying she was "mature" etc as well. Funnily enough she never got the role as they said she was too young!

ETA: KATY TREHARNE is staying on as UNDERSTUDY Christine. Must say I'm a bit gutted she wasn't at least promoted to alternate!

ETA: Brian McCann SECOND COVER Phantom and Swing.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:46 pm

OK does Scott have any other dates in the summer besides 30 June to 10 of July or whenever it was? Don't think I have the time to go during those dates...

Is there any reason then as to why David Shannon is off so much? Is he off more or less than Ramin was? (And exactly why was Ramin off so much -- was it the back/neck problems or whatever they were or was it a certain sequel standalone show that was distracting him?).
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:40 pm

dolly-ry wrote:ETA: Brian McCann SECOND COVER Phantom and Swing.
The Atlanta Braves catcher? Laughing
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Brian Mccann was 1st cover Piangi when Ramin was phantom wasn't he? I think he's in Rocky Horror at the minute. Hope its not long until we find out whe principal phantom is.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Scorp I think Scott may be on August 26th. I'm uncertain but it springs to mind.
And I'm unsure why David is off so much to be honest, it's become a running joke in the cast and Ramin had back/neck problems but then he got "extra holidays" (his words not mine) from the "lovely people at CamMac's office" (his words not mine) to concentrate on the sequel.

Yes, Brian McCann was first cover Piangi and is indeed in Rocky Horror at the minute!

By the way, this is another "unconfirmed" Wendy Ferguson as Carlotta.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:20 pm

dolly-ry wrote:
By the way, this is another "unconfirmed" Wendy Ferguson as Carlotta.

Really? I loved her Carlotta when she was in the show before, but I saw her many times. I was hoping for someone new or for one of the understudies to get promoted. I'd like to see Brian McCann as the Phantom. I saw him play Piangi once, I remember he had a great voice.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  PMB1034 Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:12 am

Just out of interest; does anyone know, is Scott picking up most of the slack or has Stephen John Davis done many recently?
PMB1034
PMB1034

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Scott's been picking up the slack, SJD hasn't been on in a while. I also know of times when Scott has been somewhere else and David has went off between matinee and evening and Scott still has to go in, I find that mental, wouldn't it be simpler to send SJD on then?

Also Helen, I'd have loved an understudy Carlotta to get promoted but Melanie is leaving and I'm unsure on Nicola but have we ever heard of a second cover getting promoted? (If anyone finds an example I'll genuinely be excited to hear about it.)

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  PMB1034 Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:31 pm

I adored Melanie. Perhaps didn't quite milk the part for all the comedy but nice set of pipes. Cheers for the info dolly-ry...I so look forward to your posts! Yeah that does seem mental, especially since SJD always seems well recieved and very capable from what I've heard and he's already IN THE BUILDING. Hope he gets another crack before cast change,
PMB1034
PMB1034

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 am

So cast list might look more or less like this:

Phantom: ?
Phantom standby: Scott Davies
Christine: Sofia Escobar
u/s Christine: Katy Treharne
Raoul: Will Barratt
Carlotta: Wendy Ferguson

I'm VERY happy about Sofia Escobar, I must say. Never got to see her live, but stuff I've seen and heard of her has impressed me a lot. And she is so cute! Though I must say I half suspected Julia Möller's name to show up soon. Didn't she express a desire to do the role in West End?

Not very thrilled about Wendy Ferguson rumours, on the other hand... I will admit she is good in every way, but I think she has too thunderous voice and role portrayal, with no sense of humour (in her portrayal, that is). There is little delight and charm in her Carlotta, which I find crucial. I wasn't too sad when she left the show some years ago, but it never occurred to me that she might return...

Dolly-ry, thanks a bunch for keeping us updated!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:24 pm

I've been sitting on this piece of info for a while (don't get excited it's not actually related to anyone coming into the show, sorry) but I can now say that before going to America Simon Bailey will be in Passion at the Donmar Warehouse from September 10th - November 27th (I think, I'll check the dates it runs.) If you can, you should definitely head along to see this - really recommended.

Actually, now you mention it operafantomet about Wendy F I agree. I loved her voice, but she really was a Carlotta I sort of disliked if you get me. I loved her yet, I didn't like the character, she definitely doesn't play with the comedy which is a shame.

I've never seen, nor heard Sofia Escobar so cannot comment but a friend of mine absolutely loved her a few years ago.

ETA: Yes the dates I posted were correct (that is a feat for me.) Other confirmed cast members for Passion include David Thaxton, Elena Roger and Scarlett Strallen.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:11 pm

operafantomet wrote:
I must say I half suspected Julia Möller's name to show up soon. Didn't she express a desire to do the role in West End?

I'd love to see her play Christine. I don't know if she has expressed a desire to play the role in the West End, but it's something I'd like to happen.

Not very thrilled about Wendy Ferguson rumours, on the other hand... I will admit she is good in every way, but I think she has too thunderous voice and role portrayal, with no sense of humour (in her portrayal, that is). There is little delight and charm in her Carlotta, which I find crucial. I wasn't too sad when she left the show some years ago, but it never occurred to me that she might return...

I understand what you mean. She was the first Carlotta I saw, and for a long time, was the only Carlotta I'd seen. I did enjoy her portrayal, but I didn't have anyone to compare her to (the movie doesn't count!) I wonder what I'll think of her now that I've seen other actresses play her. I'm not surprised to see her back, Phantom seems to be a show that actors return to.

I've been sitting on this piece of info for a while (don't get excited it's not actually related to anyone coming into the show, sorry) but I can now say that before going to America Simon Bailey will be in Passion at the Donmar Warehouse from September 10th - November 27th (I think, I'll check the dates it runs.) If you can, you should definitely head along to see this - really recommended.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go, but I want to see this.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:01 pm

Sofia Escobar as Christine is confirmed?
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:03 pm

What's Simon Bailey going to be doing over here?
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Touring Senor, and who knows what else... we'll see what comes up. But at this moment in time the only thing confirmed (and announced) is he is touring with his band.

Also, Sofia Escobar as Christine is as good as confirmed.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Touring Senor, and who knows what else... we'll see what comes up. But at this moment in time the only thing confirmed (and announced) is he is touring with his band.

Thanks, someone over on the other site was asking.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:06 pm

No worries Viscountess. Glad to help.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Simon's in Passion?? Awesome! I'm going to see that in September I think; I booked as soon as I heard Elena Roger was going to be in it...lol. Are you going, dolly-ry?
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Yes, Simon is going to be in Passion Scorp, I thought you would like to hear that. He got it quite a while back now actually but after Elena Roger et al were cast. Yes I am indeed going and I have some family going at some point as well. I know a few people who booked up for it.

Slightly o/t but Scorp but how do you get text in italics? I try it and it never works for me Sad

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:31 pm

dolly-ry wrote:

Just to clarify, is that as principal Christine or alternate?

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next