Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare pictures 1

+65
MaskedLion
Bella
Princess
Helen
SwedishSoprano
AngelOfMusic325
The White Half-Mask
PMB1034
BeautyUnderneath
Abhorrent Face
ravnquest1
Klavirista
FutureOnTheWestEnd
ChandelierCrystal
MajesticPhantom
Molina
meglett
Vicomtesse de Chagny
ladygodiva
LisaL
Maya
PhantomAngel777
London-Phan
TheFinnishPhantom
IamErik771
Phantour
Loettchen
Freyalise
LadyCDaae
ML6
justin-from-barbados
vmkwinner
TheMaskedLion
Madame Giry
starryeyed
Amberly_Nichole
Rebecca
PhantomJT
Mandrake
Cape Twirl of Doom
MasqPhan
Phantom on a Budget
aussiephan
fondestgreeting
Becky
phantomgirl110
HDKingsbury
SenorSwanky
Phantomlove
Callie Daae
AngelofMusic
Christine's Shadow
ChorusGirl
Phantom Cat
EarlFan
phantom10906
Raphael
MlleMusique
Paula74
Viscountess
littlelotty004
Miss von Krolock
operafantomet
Scorp
Admin
69 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Empty Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  ladygodiva Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=16296208022&set=a.16292708022.38067.15708483022

Lana English and Andre Schartz

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:01 am

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we33coverRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we32castRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we31hnblRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we30slavegirlsRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we27div
1. The purple cover. It looks more blue here in real life. It is PURPLE. And glossy. And I'm not a fan.
2. Cast list on the opening page.
3. Rohan Tickell as Piangi. One of my favourite Piangis! Didn't realize the costume had such orange sleeves.
4. Sofia Escobar, Anna Forbes and the ballet girls. I had to mirror this one.
5. Various from Angel of Music/Little Lotte.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we29griffithjacksonRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we28inbox
6. Phillip Griffith and Ellen Jackson is probably the ultimate long-timers in the West End production. I love that they're depicted together in the new brochure. Nice nod.
7. Will Barratt, Gareth Snook, Barry James and... I wanna say Kate Batter?

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we26mirrorRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we25boatRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we24jojRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we23scottRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we22motnRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we21bride
8. Fantastic mirror shot! Love the appearance of JOJ.
9. The boat scene with Sofia Escobar and JOJ. I really don't like these photos, nor the layout.
10. Another lovely shot of JOJ.
11. Scott Davies has gotten his picture WITH name in the brochure. Well deserved.
12. JOJ and Sofia Escobar.
13. I love this mirror bride photo.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we20sofiaRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we19mask
14. and 15. Various Christine-and-the-mask photos from STYDI. Nice ones.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we18primaRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we17giryRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we16giry
16. Various from Magical Lasso/Notes. Note the bald Buquet.
17. Anna Forbes in "Notes".
18. Cheryl McAvoy in "Notes".

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we15wendyRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we14sofiaRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we13rooftopRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we12angel
19. and 20. A double spread of Wendy F. and Sofia E. in "Il Muto", with various smaller pictures under.
21. Will Baratt and Sofia Escobar in the rooftop. Love his alert look.
22. JOJ on the golden angel. Wish this photo was better, like the previous brochure.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we11notesRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we10rehRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we7ponrRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we6jojsofiaRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we5unmask
23. Sofia Escobar in Notes II. Too few full-length shots of this pose...
24. Don Juan Rehearsal, right before Piangi sings- Love the various expressions here!
25. Love!
26. This one is also cool.
27. Unmasking. Sofia Escobar reminds me of Katie Knight Adams here.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we9djtRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we8djt
28. Wendy Ferguson and the cast in "Don Juan Triumphant".
29. Passarino and Don Juan in "Don Juan Triumphant".

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we4sofiaRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we3jojRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we2dollRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_we1lasso
30. Sofia Escobar in wedding dress.
31. JOJ on the throne. Alas this turned out blury. But the picture is kinda blury to begin with.
32. The mirror bride doll on the throne.
33. Will Barratt, Sofia Escobar and John Owen Jones.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks, love to see the brochure pics up.

Blonde Raoul, looks so....Swedish, lol.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:12 pm

His wig isn't so blonde as it appears in those pictures. It seems to have blonder ends and more ginger(ish) roots in real life, quite close to his natural colour.

Also operafantomet I agree with most of your comments, except the AIAOY one. I do like his alert look but I think there's just something odd about how small the picture looks in the brochure and how half his face is covered by Sofia's. This isn't my favourite brochure, not by far, which is a shame because it's a really good cast featured.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

starryeyed wrote:Also operafantomet I agree with most of your comments, except the AIAOY one. I do like his alert look but I think there's just something odd about how small the picture looks in the brochure and how half his face is covered by Sofia's. This isn't my favourite brochure, not by far, which is a shame because it's a really good cast featured.
Well, I agree. As I wrote in the "Souvenir Brochure" thread, I'm not too impressed by the picture quality and the choice of motifs in this brochure. I like that someone has looked at the London with "new eyes", so to speak, but it's a hit-and-miss. Some pictures are interesting, but a surprisingly large amount is either blurry, or from a strange angle, and not... well, the best picture choices overall. I much prefer the three previous brochures.

BUT I love the fact that they DO make new brochures for new casts. My biggest fear is that they'll make a "definite" anniversary brochure and stick to it forever, like in the US.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 pm

I would hope that they've been photographing each new cast for so long that they wouldn't think to stop it now. I don't see why they should, I think London is the one place where even "Non-regulars" can be swayed away from buying a brochure if it isn't the cast they are seeing.

Also, they did do a 21st Anniversary brochure but then changed that so you'd hope that would show they won't stick with an anniversary one after the next brochure.

I both love and hate the current brochure. It's nice to see a change but as you say there is something about the quality of most of the pictures. I like that they have inserts of The Dancing Shephard, Wardrobe Mistress etc but I think the pictures of the main cast aren't that great on the whole. I do however like the Little Lotte one.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

operafantomet wrote:7. Will Barratt, Gareth Snook, Barry James and... I wanna say Kate Batter?

It's definately Kate Batter. I wish they'd have a full length picture of Mme Firmin, so I can see the dress! It's one of my favourite costumes in the show.

27. Unmasking. Sofia Escobar reminds me of Katie Knight Adams here

I can see the resemblance.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I've not got the new brochure yet, I'll probably get it to add to my collection. Wendy's Il Muto dress is very bright. I remember it being a bit greener when I saw her in October. Maybe it's just the lighting. I love the picture of Cheryl McAvoy. I don't think I've seen her as Giry. I thought I had, but I'm not so sure now.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Mme Firmin has the most amazing dress in the show in my opinion. I don't know why I just love all the little details it has, I think it's a crime that on stage it's obscured by that pesky box.

And you may have seen Cheryl as Giry, there's something about that picture that makes her look different from she does on stage. You can tell it's still her in the picture but there's also something a bit off about it at the same time.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Helen wrote:It's definately Kate Batter. I wish they'd have a full length picture of Mme Firmin, so I can see the dress! It's one of my favourite costumes in the show.
Thanks for confirming! In return, Madame Firmin galore in the enclosed link. There's two different West End versions there, plus several from other places in the world. I love the Vegas one! And, not surprisingly, the Copenhagen one.

http://potocostumes.webs.com/hannibal/madamefirmin.html
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:23 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Helen wrote:It's definately Kate Batter. I wish they'd have a full length picture of Mme Firmin, so I can see the dress! It's one of my favourite costumes in the show.
Thanks for confirming! In return, Madame Firmin galore in the enclosed link. There's two different West End versions there, plus several from other places in the world. I love the Vegas one! And, not surprisingly, the Copenhagen one.

I love the Rachel Spurrell picture in that gallery. There's also a cool one of her sitting actually on the stairs. There's also a lovely Alison Connell headshot (not publicly available though) but it only shows you the detailing at the top half of the bodice of course. Yay for Mme Firmin pictures.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:35 am

operafantomet wrote:

Thank you so much! The dresses are so beautiful. The picture of Rachel Spurrell is my favourite.

And you may have seen Cheryl as Giry, there's something about that picture that makes her look different from she does on stage. You can tell it's still her in the picture but there's also something a bit off about it at the same time.

It probably was her I saw then.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:12 pm

http://platzer-twinimages.photoshelter.com/gallery/Phantom-of-the-Opera-25th-Anni-Jan-2006/G0000rEmWTgK9E0g/P0000_P4P0VHg7Bs

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:13 pm

http://platzer-twinimages.photoshelter.com/image?&_bqG=0&_bqH=eJzL8q10dnEP9EiOdEwsNSnxLg5Mq6oKyDRPtXS1MrQwtjI0MABhIOkZ7xLsbFuQkZhXkp.rBubFO_q52JYA2aHBrkHxni62oSCVucZRhZUe5cXBFiZq8Y7OIbbFqYlFyRkA0e8gxg--&GI_ID=

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:07 am

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Onangelfromflyer
This is from a pretty recent London flyer. It features pictures of Gina Beck and Ramin Karimloo. Is it safe to assume this is Karimloo? It sure looks like him. I love the odd, bright colours in this one. The angel figures are wonderfully lit with green. I also like how the Phantom almost looks directly into the camera.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:30 am

Yes it's Karimloo. Needless to say it's been photoshopped to death since with David Shannon and -- I think -- JOJ.

Agreed that the current London brochure isn't too great. A lot of the shots are blurry and I was surprised at the lack of shots from the journey to the lair, considering that is widely considered to be the most beautiful scene to watch. The photographer for this one was Michael Le Poer Trench, Cameron Mackintosh's partner, who usually photographs all of the Les Mis productions. He's never photographed Phantom before.

Justin D -- that shot of the Korean set is amazing! I love full shots like that.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:13 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:Back to those noce Korea pics, to anyone who has seen it, did Korea (in both productions) use the 'aussie' deformity or the standard one?
The Korean productions seem to have used the set from the aussie, later wlrod / asian tour sets and odd looking mask, so was wondering if they also used the strange looking deformity in Korea.

The deformity was non-standard in the recent production. I would describe it as more extreme. Does that sound like the Aussie one? I've never seen it, so I can't say if they're the same.
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  CountessDeChangy Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:15 pm

I like the new brochure. I like all the new shots because there not something you see all the time and it's a nice change. I also really like the cover, I think it's beautiful! lol I like a little change every now and again.

I have a requst, does anyone have any scans of Ramin as Raoul and the Phantom from the brochures? and any rare backstage or on stage pics of Sierra? And, anything of Kristi Holden or Andrew Ragone from the Vegas production?

Please and thank you! Laughing
CountessDeChangy
CountessDeChangy

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:09 am

http://www.thecyberdojo.com/art/before_us_coloured.png

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=earl+carpenter+as+pahtnom+images&view=detail&id=2E419B6454B56CF1147D4D6BD6AD75F16C146F46&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR&qpvt=earl+carpenter+as+pahtnom+images

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 am

CountessDeChangy wrote:I have a requst, does anyone have any scans of Ramin as Raoul and the Phantom from the brochures?
I poosted a bunch of those a while back:
https://desertedphans.forumotion.net/t2p870-rare-pictures
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Pictures from The UK tour in Manchester October 1993, with Dave Willetts, Lisa Hull (Josie Walker) and Mike Sterling.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester7Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester1Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester6Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester8
1. Valda Aviks in Hannibal.
2. Lisa Hull (I assume) after "Think of Me".
3. Lisa Hull and Lucy Potter*. Very rare to see a darkhaired Meg, especially in Europe.
4. Lisa Hull and Dave Willetts in Final Lair. I like her profile.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester5Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester2Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester4Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_manchester9
5. Josie Walker (I think) in "Think of Me". Love the tiara.
6. Dave (OMG!!) Willetts in the iconic pose. I've only seen a cropped version of this in the past.
7. Red Death. I assume it's Willets, but I'm not sure.
8. Lisa Hull and Mike Sterling in Final Lair.

*Fun trivia: Lucy Potter also starred in the 2004 POTO movie, as one of the ballet dancers. A slavegirl costume from the movie is labeled with her name: http://entertainment.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7020&Lot_No=49428
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Scorp wrote: The photographer for this one was Michael Le Poer Trench, Cameron Mackintosh's partner, who usually photographs all of the Les Mis productions. He's never photographed Phantom before.

He took most of the photos from the Viennese production. (And the photos in the Vienna brochures are really blurry..)

TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:40 pm

TheFinnishPhantom wrote:
Scorp wrote: The photographer for this one was Michael Le Poer Trench, Cameron Mackintosh's partner, who usually photographs all of the Les Mis productions. He's never photographed Phantom before.
He took most of the photos from the Viennese production. (And the photos in the Vienna brochures are really blurry..)
HE is responsible for those? That explains... a lot. Did the do the ones in the German languaged "Complete Phantom" book as well? Those seems to be of much better quality. I always wondered how they could have so grainy pictures in the brochure and so good pictures in the book. But if the book pictures is of another photographer than the brochure ones, it makes sense.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:00 pm

operafantomet wrote:
TheFinnishPhantom wrote:
HE is responsible for those? That explains... a lot. Did the do the ones in the German languaged "Complete Phantom" book as well? Those seems to be of much better quality. I always wondered how they could have so grainy pictures in the brochure and so good pictures in the book. But if the book pictures is of another photographer than the brochure ones, it makes sense.

I believe the photos of the Vienna book (Some refer them to the "Vienna opening pictures", some of them are the chandelier covered in auction, Masquerade with the ensemble on the stairs, Phantom on angel, etc.) are mostly by different photographer. The Il Muto ballet pic is surely by MLPT, I saw him credited on Raimund Theater's site.
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Empty vegas photos

Post  ladygodiva Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:22 pm

I am not sure if these are really rare but here goes:

Anthony Cirvello, Kristi Holden

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm311212800/nm0188266

Andrew Ragone, Anthony Cirvello, Kristi Holden

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3440541952/nm0188266

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4128407808/nm0188266

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1040550144/nm0188266

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2482341376/nm0188266

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:35 am

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_colbythomasslaveRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_colbythomaswishingRare pictures 1 - Page 32 Th_colbythomaswedding

Colby Thomas, queen of narrow waist! Shocked OK, so the tailoring of the early Hamburg costumes is in a class of its own. But still.... That IS one narrow waist.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 Stevebarton

"The photo is of Steve Barton sub stage receiving his last London drenching. My hands being too wet with the holding of the sponge I handed my camera to Paul the stagehand to take this shot.

The ritual of sponging Raoul was all because of "
that shirt", as it had become known in the Wardrobe department... Steve was a perfectionist, and thus, like most never happy about a particular item of costume (...) His argument was on the following lines: "How come I jump off a bridge and into a lake, then only to reappear a few minutes later bone dry?!". We kind of lost count of how many "shirts" of varying design and differing materials were made, tested and rejected during the first few weeks of the shows opening. Cotton did not look wet, so polyester was tried, that did not look wet enough. Next along was satin: deemed to fluffy, silk gave little added benefit.

Having run out of materials, it was time to supplement the "shirt" with one with slits and cuts in it to give the audience an impression that the man had indeed gone for a swim. But, Steve felt it just looked like an old rag. Poor Rose the Wardrobe Mistress was at her wits end, and had a mountain of other costumes to attend to. Having reached a stalemate, and I being in charge of his costumes suggested "pouring a bucket of water over the bum". To my shame this was met with utter silence, until Rose exclaimed "FINE!!". (...) So it was back to the original shirt, cotton being best suited for this type of "lake special effect"., along with slits and cuts incorporated into this shirt to complete the impression. And it worked, the man also benefiting from a nice cooling down, which is something I believe is still done to this day*."

(Markus Tylor, Steve Barton's dresser, and also photographer. Picture and anecdote is from his picture catalogue "The Phantom of the Opera, The first year backstage". Stuffed with rare photos and funny stories!)

*Everywhere except Vegas, which use a special fabric of some sort appearing wet from a distance... I think.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:44 am

I will now add "Person Who Gets to Sponge Down Raoul" to my list of dream jobs. Wink

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 pm

I think some of these have already been shown, some look new to me

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-500150_162-1194339-7.html?tag=page

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Wanted: pictures of various West End leads from the past.

Carlottas: Sandra Dugale, An Lauwereins
Megs: Marina Stevenson, Natasha Knight, Amanda Light
Andrés: Peter Land, Richard Halton, Leo Andrew, Charles Shirvell
Firmins: Anthony Raffell, Bill Homewood, David Delve, Bruce Montague

Anyone who can help me out with these? ESPECIALLY Leo Andrew as André.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 am

Rare pictures 1 - Page 32 90
Michael Bulman and Rosemary Ashe, London 1989 or 1990.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next