Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare pictures 1

+65
MaskedLion
Bella
Princess
Helen
SwedishSoprano
AngelOfMusic325
The White Half-Mask
PMB1034
BeautyUnderneath
Abhorrent Face
ravnquest1
Klavirista
FutureOnTheWestEnd
ChandelierCrystal
MajesticPhantom
Molina
meglett
Vicomtesse de Chagny
ladygodiva
LisaL
Maya
PhantomAngel777
London-Phan
TheFinnishPhantom
IamErik771
Phantour
Loettchen
Freyalise
LadyCDaae
ML6
justin-from-barbados
vmkwinner
TheMaskedLion
Madame Giry
starryeyed
Amberly_Nichole
Rebecca
PhantomJT
Mandrake
Cape Twirl of Doom
MasqPhan
Phantom on a Budget
aussiephan
fondestgreeting
Becky
phantomgirl110
HDKingsbury
SenorSwanky
Phantomlove
Callie Daae
AngelofMusic
Christine's Shadow
ChorusGirl
Phantom Cat
EarlFan
phantom10906
Raphael
MlleMusique
Paula74
Viscountess
littlelotty004
Miss von Krolock
operafantomet
Scorp
Admin
69 posters

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Empty Re: Rare pictures 1

Post  Callie Daae Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:16 pm

I agree, when I read that I was like, "what?!"

It should say, "You Are Not Alone." Or something along those lines...
Callie Daae
Callie Daae

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Anyone have any photos of Piangi from Notes 2/Sitzprobe? I'm pretty low in that department when it comes to costume reference.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Raphael wrote:Anyone have any photos of Piangi from Notes 2/Sitzprobe? I'm pretty low in that department when it comes to costume reference.

R.
Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_ashe2notes-1

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_brochure6-1

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_CARL1

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_DeborahDutcher-2

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_djr2-jp10

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_Helen_Noonan_AUS3

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_mellem-1_large

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_noonandavidrogersmith

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_Patti_Cohenour2

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_romanokaye-1

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_Sarah_Brightman

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_spain4-1

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_strijdom04-1

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_untitled-5
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:09 am

Thank you, Viscountess Smile

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:06 am

Callie Daae wrote:It should say, "You Are Not Alone." Or something along those lines...
I agree, that would have made a lot more sense! But I love the picture. If mostly for the costume and make up details... Wink
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 128485l

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 128485s

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 128485p

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 128485o

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 128485t

Hi all I am new here and was just wondering if anyone had any bigger versions of this pics these are tiny Crying or Very sad There are so beautiful with Sarah, Michael and Steve I would love to see bigger versions Smile Sorry I dont know how to post thumnails Rolling Eyes
Hope I have posted this pics right Embarassed

Last edited by LisaL on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Lisa, I love the pictures that you posted of the original three.

However, Steve's expressions throughout the shoot are hilarious.

But, I still love the guy. <3
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Aren't they so good, I would LOVE to see bigger versions I love you I totally love pictures of OLC and am always looking for ones I haven't seen before!
Aww Steve is a total sweetheart, don't know how anyone could dislike his Raoul, but he does look funny in them pics Smile
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:57 pm

LisaL wrote:https://2img.net/h/i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/lisalawless101/Sarah%20Brightman-Musicals/128485l.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/lisalawless101/Sarah%20Brightman-Musicals/128485s.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/lisalawless101/Sarah%20Brightman-Musicals/128485t.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/lisalawless101/Sarah%20Brightman-Musicals/128485p.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/lisalawless101/Sarah%20Brightman-Musicals/128485o.jpg

Hi all I am new here and was just wondering if anyone had any bigger versions of this pics these are tiny Crying or Very sad There are so beautiful with Sarah, Michael and Steve I would love to see bigger versions Smile Sorry I dont know how to post thumnails Rolling Eyes
Hope I have posted this pics right Embarassed
I think I saw those on eBay once, and that they all came from the same photographer. They look so nice, I wish I had big(ger) versions of them. These are the ones I found in my files:

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Bmancford2
Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Bmancford1
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:13 pm

There beautiful aren't they I love you Wish I could find bigger versions of the them.....here are a few more that I would love bigger versions of!!!

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 SarahBrightmanSteveBartonandMichael

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 1136815a

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 1116205a

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 1136727a
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Empty Rare pictures

Post  ladygodiva Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 pm

the two that you have from ebay are by the photographer Rafael, he was married to Mary Millar the original Madame Giry, Rafael also photographed the rehearsal for phantom, I do have copys of these and when I am able to scan and download I will.

In the early days, if you wrote to Rafael and if you were coming to London to see the Phantom, he and Mary Millar would actually be your host and tour guide, they were wonderful. (I never got to go to London but my friends got to go in the 1986,1987 and 1988.

also, Rafael photographed Dave Willets as well in make-up and mask and costume, I do have copies of these as well like I said, when I am able I will down load

Also the first one above posted by LisaL is a Rafael as well

and many moons ago Rafael offered a limited series of 500 signed by him as he had always done.

and he also photographed Mary Millar standing next to her big size cutout of Mme Giry, Mary Millar looked like a young Jane Seymour, (The Actress)

Last edited by ladygodiva on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more to it)

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 pm

ladygodiva wrote:the two that you have from ebay are by the photographer Rafael, he was married to Mary Millar the original Madame Giry, Rafael also photographed the rehearsal for phantom, I do have copys of these and when I am able to scan and download I will.

In the early days, if you wrote to Rafael and if you were coming to London to see the Phantom, he and Mary Millar would actually be your host and tour guide, they were wonderful. (I never got to go to London but my friends got to go in the 1986,1987 and 1988.

also, Rafael photographed Dave Willets as well in make-up and mask and costume, I do have copies of these as well like I said, when I am able I will down load

Also the first one above posted by LisaL is a Rafael as well

and many moons ago Rafael offered a limited series of 500 signed by him as he had always done.

and he also photographed Mary Millar standing next to her big size cutout of Mme Giry, Mary Millar looked like a young Jane Seymour, (The Actress)

Hi wasn't Mary Millar in a english tv programme called Keeping Up Appearances as Rose??? If its the same person I never knew that she was the orignal Mme Giry!!! Is this her with Janet Devenish??

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 PhotoShoot1
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Empty rare pictures

Post  ladygodiva Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Yes LisaL she was Rose in Keeping up Appearances.

Mary Millar based her Madame Giry accent on Prima Ballerina Tamara Toumanova

Mary Millar was extremely talented.

P.S. yes that is Mary Millar with Janet Devenish

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicomtesse de Chagny Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:44 pm

I know, to think that Rose is Mme Giry is rather strange... I was a little surprised to say the least when I found out, but oh how fun it was to tell all my friends and family. And, of course, the whole 'I've met someone who's met someone who's been on stage with Rose'. XD
Vicomtesse de Chagny
Vicomtesse de Chagny

Back to top Go down

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Empty rare pictures

Post  ladygodiva Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 pm

Yes it is strange that she was Mme Giry and Rose, two extremes, I could go on for days, I never saw Mary Millar Live, I only know her via the CD but she was wonderful, my freinds who have seen her in London told me that her Madame Giry occasionally rubbed her hands as if rubbing on a pain, I don't know if this is part of her on stage or if she or Giry had palsy that made her hands shake. (I have contacted most of my old phantom freinds and I am trying to get them to write in the website, they are less computer savvy than I am,) P.s. if this post needs moved please do

Last edited by ladygodiva on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 am

Here's a bit of a challenge: Anyone have any pics of back of the Il Muto Hairdresser's hand mirror?

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:56 am

Raphael wrote:Here's a bit of a challenge: Anyone have any pics of back of the Il Muto Hairdresser's hand mirror?

R.
I'm not entirely sure this is it, because I have another picture where there's a flowered round thing in his apron and that looks more like a mirror than this.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Ilmutojp

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 London
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:11 am

Raphael wrote:Here's a bit of a challenge: Anyone have any pics of back of the Il Muto Hairdresser's hand mirror?

R.
If I remember correctly, it's used as an "anti powder in face" tool* in some productions, while others use it as a mirror. Recent West End comes to mind as an example of the former. I also think Very Borisova occasionally made a big number out of it, but I don't remember if it was in Hamburg or Copenhagen. Vegas seems to use it as a mirror, and I think that's what's you're after. Anyway, here's what I got:

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_westendmutoRare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_canadamutoRare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_japanilmutoRare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_hamburgstephaniewattmuto
West End, Canada, Japan and Hamburg.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_vegasgeenamuto
Las Vegas

*though these were usually cone shaped in Rococo era, as seen in "Amadeus" and "Dangerous Liaisons".
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:15 am

ladygodiva wrote:Yes it is strange that she was Mme Giry and Rose, two extremes, I could go on for days, I never saw Mary Millar Live, I only know her via the CD but she was wonderful, my freinds who have seen her in London told me that her Madame Giry occasionally rubbed her hands as if rubbing on a pain, I don't know if this is part of her on stage or if she or Giry had palsy that made her hands shake. (I have contacted most of my old phantom freinds and I am trying to get them to write in the website, they are less computer savvy than I am,) P.s. if this post needs moved please do
That is such an interesting detail! It make me so happy to read and hear how the original cast didn't only play their roles, but actually cared for them and loved them.

And please get your friends to join! I've really enjoyed your posts about "pre internet" casts and phandom, it's way too little of that these days.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Oh my god, you guys. All this infomration and pictures I have never seen before are spoiling me like mad!

ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 pm

operafantomet wrote:

R.
If I remember correctly, it's used as an "anti powder in face" tool* in some productions, while others use it as a mirror. Recent West End comes to mind as an example of the former. I also think Very Borisova occasionally made a big number out of it, but I don't remember if it was in Hamburg or Copenhagen. Vegas seems to use it as a mirror, and I think that's what's you're after. Anyway, here's what I got:

*though these were usually cone shaped in Rococo era, as seen in "Amadeus" and "Dangerous Liaisons".

Vegas uses the dome as the "anti powder in face" tool. It's hard to see in that picture, but it is dome shaped. There is a small regular gold hand mirror with a long pink ribbon in the right side pocket that isn't used in the scene. Showing here:
Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Il_mut11
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:10 am

Ah, I stand corrected, then. When I was going through my Phantom reference binder I came across a sketch I'd done of a long-handled hand mirror and assumed that's what was being held in front of Carlotta's face since the shape was similar. Thanks everybody!

meglett wrote:Vegas uses the dome as the "anti powder in face" tool. It's hard to see in that picture, but it is dome shaped. There is a small regular gold hand mirror with a long pink ribbon in the right side pocket that isn't used in the scene. Showing here:
Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Il_mut11

Hmm. Does it look anything like this?

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Hairdresser_port

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:42 am

Raphael wrote:Hmm. Does it look anything like this?
R.

Yes, Officer. That's the mirror.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Argponr
This is the first example I've seen of Christine wearing a rose in her hair for this scene, except the original Australian production. It's a prominent feature in the design, and a wonderful little detail, so I think it's a pity it's so rarely added.

The picture is from Argentina, with Claudia Cota as Christine. Not sure which Phantom she's depicted with, as they had two.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicomtesse de Chagny Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Haha, for some reason I had gotten into my head that rose was common. Well, this explains why there are so many "invisible or forgotten" flowers all around. Laughing
Vicomtesse de Chagny
Vicomtesse de Chagny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:01 pm

operafantomet wrote:
And please get your friends to join! I've really enjoyed your posts about "pre internet" casts and phandom, it's way too little of that these days.

I agree...back in the very early 90s when I'd just gotten internet, the first two things I looked for on-line were The Phantom of The Opera and David Bowie. I was a little No when I didn't find much.

I'm loving your posts, ladygodiva.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 pm

meglett wrote:
operafantomet wrote:

R.
If I remember correctly, it's used as an "anti powder in face" tool* in some productions, while others use it as a mirror. Recent West End comes to mind as an example of the former. I also think Very Borisova occasionally made a big number out of it, but I don't remember if it was in Hamburg or Copenhagen. Vegas seems to use it as a mirror, and I think that's what's you're after.

Vegas uses the dome as the "anti powder in face" tool. It's hard to see in that picture, but it is dome shaped.
Interesting, thanks for clarifying!

Vicomtesse de Chagny, I agree about the rose. It took me a long time to actually notice that the rose only showed up in Australia (original production, that is). When I finally came to terms with that, they re-introduced it in Argentina! However, it isn't in all PONR shots, so I wonder if they just tried it out or if it was a one-time thing.

For other stuff... I came across a site displaying the Phantom's throne + the chandelier, from Toronto. It's the real deal, right? Looks like it, but the pictures are too small for me to tell for sure.
http://www.ceciliabooth.com/props/props.html
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  littlelotty004 Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:20 am

Does any one have any brochure/program photos of Nicky Adams and Megan Kelly?
all I have of Nicky is a point of no return and a wishing pic, and of Megan a wishing pic.
I know Nicky was only an alternate but wasn't Megan a Principle?
littlelotty004
littlelotty004

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:23 am

littlelotty004 wrote:Does any one have any brochure/program photos of Nicky Adams and Megan Kelly?
all I have of Nicky is a point of no return and a wishing pic, and of Megan a wishing pic.
I know Nicky was only an alternate but wasn't Megan a Principle?
Megan Kelly was never principal, but she was alternate for a year in London. Nicky Adams was also alternate in London, in 2003, but she was principal in the UK tour in 1995. For some reason she looked very exotic in the UK tour, moreso than in London.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_wishnickyadamsRare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_wishmegankelly
These are classic "Christine alternate in London" pictures. In the past they were almost always photographed in the blue Wishing dress. I love the collar of the one Megan Kelly wore! Nicky Adams' bodice looks more girlish - and she seems to wear a lighter wig and lighter makeup than what she did in the UK tour.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_elissanickyadams
Think of Me, from the UK tour.

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_markmckandnickyadams2Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_amintanickyadamsRare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_MichaelMcKNickyAdams
With Mark McKerracker in the UK tour (1995)

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_nickyadamsandrewhalliday
With Andrew Halliday in the UK tour (1995)

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_mckerracheradamshalliday
With Mark McKerracker and Andrew Halliday, UK tour (1995)
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:42 am

In the series "Tall Phantoms and tiny Christines"....

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_marinalittleRare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_jordebokorRare pictures 1 - Page 18 Th_bourgthomas
Though I really wish I had a picture that better showed the extreme height difference between Peter Jorde and Teresia Bokor (2). It was like the Ana Marina/Brad Little one (1) in regular poses. And how I wish I had a photo of Nic Greenshields and one of his Christines!

ETA: for Raphael...

Rare pictures 1 - Page 18 Spainhairdresser
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next