Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed

+54
phantomphan1992
Lucy
operaphan
Lycanthrope
justin-from-barbados
sk8phan
auctioneer
Soprano Rose
Madame Giry
Viscountess
ML6
Josephine
LoveShouldDie
Demodiki
starryeyed
Riene
MCfan
orange_peas
ladyghost
IamErik771
Amyable_Nature
phantom10906
The White Half-Mask
Phantom on a Budget
AngelofMusic
fondestgreeting
tiawhitecat
Cape Twirl of Doom
PhantomJT
MasqPhan
phantomgirl110
TGITPC
aussiephan
Mandrake
Becky
Christine's Shadow
InkedAlchemist
Rebecca
LadyCDaae
Callie Daae
Raphael
HDKingsbury
Phantomlove
SenorSwanky
Amberly_Nichole
Helen
Miss von Krolock
EarlFan
carlottawannabe
operafantomet
HerMajesty
Phantom Cat
Scorp
Paula74
58 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 3 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  InkedAlchemist Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:37 pm

That would be phenomenal.
InkedAlchemist
InkedAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 3 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  Mandrake Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 pm

No going back now...
Anyone else who can't help but poke at a bad tooth can be indulged at www.seetickets.com.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 3 Tickets

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  HDKingsbury Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:23 pm

So, you've passed the point of no return? Laughing
HDKingsbury
HDKingsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Mandrake, OMG! How do I navigate to the right page? *trying to figure this out* See seems to have changed since the last time I used it...

EDIT: Rats, it doesn't seem to be working any more... looks like See have realised they've made a cock-up in releasing the tickets too early...the first of many I imagine... Laughing
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Yes I just checked again... Either Search function is broken in their new layout or perhaps someone has noticed they shouldn't be up yet.

Shows Launch Date of 20/02 if you google www.loveneverdies.com (in the preview on the Google page); but can't find this info on the actual website if I visit. The sale date for the tickets is 20/02 and it's the only date listed... Can't make the URL format properly due to length, you may have to cut and paste in segments...

http://www.seetickets.com/see_2009/event_calendar.asp?e|artist=LOVE+NEVER+DIES&e|venaudit=Adelphi%20Theatre%2C%20The%20Strand&resultsperpage=1000&dateto=28/02/2010&firstdate=20/02/2010&lastdate=20/02/2010&filler1=see&filler2=search&filler3=id1see2009

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Mandrake wrote:Yes I just checked again... Either Search function is broken in their new layout or perhaps someone has noticed they shouldn't be up yet.

Shows Launch Date of 20/02 if you google www.loveneverdies.com (in the preview on the Google page); but can't find this info on the actual website if I visit. The sale date for the tickets is 20/02 and it's the only date listed... Can't make the URL format properly due to length, you may have to cut and paste in segments...

http://www.seetickets.com/see_2009/event_calendar.asp?e|artist=LOVE+NEVER+DIES&e|venaudit=Adelphi%20Theatre%2C%20The%20Strand&resultsperpage=1000&dateto=28/02/2010&firstdate=20/02/2010&lastdate=20/02/2010&filler1=see&filler2=search&filler3=id1see2009

Thanks, Mandrake.

I just tried (twice) again, and sadly get this:

UNABLE TO PROCESS
Sorry, there has been a problem with your order

Reason - PLEASE CALL 0871 220 0260 TO CHECK ON AVAILABILITY (CTC6) (R1)

I reckon they've realised they've screwed up and aren't supposed to be selling already. Which means I think it's highly likely that you're the first (and so far only) person to have purchased a ticket to Love Never Dies... Laughing It'll be very interesting to see if RUG demand the ticket back..

20 February is the date of the first preview. The opening night is some time in March and I can't remember when exactly. I just want to know what time the tickets DO go on sale tomorrow. Then I can build up my alcohol tolerance suitably enough in advance to cope with the horrors of the automaton, clowns, fortune-teller ex-ballet dancers, impotent Viscounts and nonsensical dates...
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Strange... Still works for me and I cleared my cache etc... (I copied and pasted the entire link in one). I can still search for tickets in different sections, prices, etc and go through to the booking screen (enter credit card details, etc).

I think their whole website is generally screwed at the moment though as I can't find anything at all through the Search function... I think maybe they do maintenance at night.

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Mandrake wrote:No going back now...
Anyone else who can't help but poke at a bad tooth can be indulged at www.seetickets.com.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 3 Tickets

£67.50 for a ticket?! It had better be good! Hopefully they'll sell some good, cheaper seats as well! I'm curious about Love Never Dies, but there's no way I'm paying £67.50 to see it!

Last edited by Helen on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Mandrake wrote:Strange... Still works for me and I cleared my cache etc... (I copied and pasted the entire link in one). I can still search for tickets in different sections, prices, etc and go through to the booking screen (enter credit card details, etc).

I think their whole website is generally screwed at the moment though as I can't find anything at all through the Search function... I think maybe they do maintenance at night.

No I can do the ticket search thing, but when it comes to the booking (after I've entered my credit card details), it tells me to f*** off. Maybe the Christine automaton has broken down.

And yeah, what a steep ticket price!
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Yes it's a bit steep... About a tenner more than you'd pay for front stalls at HM's...

So when I clicked through to buy my ticket (i.e. entered the number I wanted and clicked on Search), it came up with a little "Searching" dialogue box for a few seconds and shows you the seat number you've been assigned. I notice now it doesnt do this and takes me straight to a billing page, without telling me which seat number I've been offered. See's website does this sometimes, I've noticed; but I reckon maybe when it goes back to the former method then it'll be possible to complete purchases again!

Also, the front page Search function has stopped working but you can still find Love Never Dies if you click on "Advanced" next to the search box, then ->New Events, then "L" to find Love Never Dies in the bottom right :-)

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Mandrake wrote:Yes it's a bit steep... About a tenner more than you'd pay for front stalls at HM's...

I know which of the two I'd rather spend MY money at... Wink

Bad form on the producers' parts I say. Apparently they forgot about the recession and the fact that ALW doesn't have the pulling power he used to back in the early 80s. I'm not even sure I'd spend almost £70 on a stalls seat at Her Majesty's... Shocked

At least they're consistent with the apparent visitation from the Bad Idea Bears. Which is good to know, since so far consistency has not really proved to be their strong point, at least as far as temporal continuity goes...
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Here's the blurb from the booking page for anyone who can't access it yet with a synopsis and details of special dates... "LOVE NEVER DIES is a rollercoaster ride of obsession and intrigue... in which music and memory can play cruel tricks... and The Phantom sets out to prove that, indeed, LOVE NEVER DIES. "

Hmmmm...

LOVE NEVER DIES

The principal characters of The Phantom of the Opera continue their stories in Andrew Lloyd Webber's LOVE NEVER DIES.

Ten years after the mysterious disappearance of The Phantom from the Paris Opera House, Christine Daaé accepts an offer to come to America and perform at New York's fabulous new playground of the world - Coney Island.

Christine arrives in New York with her husband Raoul and their son Gustave. She soon discovers the identity of the anonymous impresario who has lured her from France to sing.

LOVE NEVER DIES is a rollercoaster ride of obsession and intrigue... in which music and memory can play cruel tricks... and The Phantom sets out to prove that, indeed, LOVE NEVER DIES.

Running Time Approximately 2 hours & 30 minutes (including 20 minute interval)

Age Recommendation 10+

Previews 20 February - 8 March 2010

Booking Period Until 23 October 2010

Access Performances

Captioned - 8 September 2010 2.30pm & 7.30pm

Signed - 14 October 2010 7.30pm

Audio Described - 31 August 7.30pm & 1 September 2010 2.30pm

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:08 am

Helen wrote:£67.50 for a ticket?!
That's about $107 US, which is less than orchestra seats for most Broadway shows, including Phantom. Some of the hottest tickets are twice that or more.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  carlottawannabe Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:57 am

On my way to the launch
carlottawannabe
carlottawannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:03 am

SenorSwanky wrote:
That's about $107 US, which is less than orchestra seats for most Broadway shows, including Phantom. Some of the hottest tickets are twice that or more.

Fully aware of that. It's still an absolute rip-off for a West End show. And it's not going to appeal to the Ramin-generation of Phantom fans who may be interested in this thing...

Happy End of the World/Good Taste, everyone! Very Happy
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:32 am

SenorSwanky wrote:
But you can't compare one price to another like that. It would be like me pointing out that a Bic Mac in Norway costs $5,79 while it only costs $3,54 in the US. You need to relate the price to the market it's in; in this case what other theatres in the area charge for a ticket. In that aspect the Bram Stoker's Dracula "Love Never Dies" tickets seems pricy, as (as far as I've understood) average seats for LSD LND costs more than top seats in current productions (though, so did tickets for Evita). It doesn't really matter what the average price is elsewhere, as long as the show is opening in West End and competing with market there.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 am

LSD LND is like a wound you can't stop picking at. I admit I am curious about it, because everything I've heard about it so far make it seem like such a bad sequel, sorry stand alone musical that I just can't figure out how it will work. I'm very curious as to how it will work. Is there a potential in this story of The Phantasma fun fair attraction, Mr Y, the automaton, Christine and Gustave and Meg with a heart of steel and the poor alcoholic Raoul that just eludes me?

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiephan Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:07 am

Website has been updated - looks what was slated for as the third production in Asia, is now going to be in Australia in mid 2011, cast recording is available for pre order on the site, and press launch is suppose to be shown via the website at 1230GMT

Bonnie - who's unsure wether this is going to be diasaster beyond imagination, but regardless intends to be in London for opening night
aussiephan
aussiephan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:13 am

Tickets are back up now for the preview on 20/02 (www.seetickets.com). They seem to have taken over See's whole website...

Also www.loveneverdies.com seems to have opened fully now. There's an option at the bottom to watch the launch at "1230 GMT"... I can never figure out if this is 1130 or 1230 or 1330 UK Time confused

Also at LND website theres a "Phantom's Scrapbook" which has a sort of scrollable montage with a few clickable links. Seems like there might be some interesting stuff there...

And also the option to order the Soundtrack... It says you get to download a track from it for free when you order.

ETA: You can get the free preview track just by signing up for news alerts...

Or you can just get it straight from http://cloudfront.loveneverdies.com/ConeyIslandWaltz.mp3 ;-)
(Only works in Firefox for me)

Last edited by Mandrake on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  TGITPC Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 am

So, the "Phantom" is supposed to make his announcement of global importance today. Any guesses on what ever it could be? Rolling Eyes

I created a video on what I think of the whole matter (it's here if anyone wants to take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9CNOW_Uuf0) but to sum it up, I think that the whole Twitter business is dumb along with the entire idea of a sequel. But, I've been saying that for a long time now.

I don't think that I'll be going to see the show, even when it does come to Broadway. I'll look for clips of YouTube or I may purchase the cast recording, but I wouldn't touch the sequel with a 30 1/2 foot pole.

In my opinion, loveneverdies.com just keeps getting creepier and creepier. I mean, in the crap -I mean scrapbook- they have an index card with Christine's hair. That just makes me feel very uneasy. I know that Erik was obsessed and all, but still...
TGITPC
TGITPC

http://thatgirlinthephantomcostume.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:26 am

Mandrake wrote:ETA: You can get the free preview track just by signing up for news alerts...

Or you can just get it straight from http://cloudfront.loveneverdies.com/ConeyIslandWaltz.mp3 ;-)
(Only works in Firefox for me)
Despite my lack of enthusiasm so far, I had expected more... This sounds like standard movie music, very Disney in sound. Where's the unique touch?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 am

While I don't think it's particularly unique, I think that music is beautiful. But then, I wasn't expecting anything less where the music is concerned. Much as I disagree with some of Andrew Lloyd Webber's choices (movie, sequel, reality TV, etc.), I'm still a sucker for the man's music.

I cruised around the Phantom's scrapbook and found a keepsake that manages to be somewhat in-character and also rather hilarious:

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 3 2rvy49t
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine's Shadow Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 am

wow, so I'm not the only one who was slightly amused at the lock of hair? *giggle*

as for the sound of the preview track I think I agree with operafantomet. standard movie soundtrack with nothing really fantastic. Bar the scream at the end if anyone has cared to listen that far. Laughing

well... since it's about 11: 15 GMT and I don't have classes for another few hours I'll be able to stick around for the press release.
Christine's Shadow
Christine's Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:29 am

I thought Christine had curly hair? Laughing

Re-listened to the fairground music again, and parts of it makes me think of "Addams Family" (the 1991 movie, with Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston). There's something about the sweeping, romantic tone in general, with a will to the burlesque underneath. Don't mind the intro here, which is partly new, partly from the old Addams Family TV series, but listen to the sweeping Romantic era feel and the atmosphere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cplUonBPjrs&feature=fvw

(0.45 and out)

Last edited by operafantomet on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss von Krolock Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:32 am

Re the scrapbook, I'm actually more intrigued by the "MYSTERIOUS BUSINESSMAN BEHIND CONEY ISALND" piece of news. Intentional typo or what scratch ?
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:51 am

A few wire images from the Press Launch...

http://www1.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?nbc1=1&navtyp=CAL====396345&ym=200910

A rather creepy resonance between ALW and the enormous logo behind him I think.

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:13 pm

I don't think this has been posted yet...

In case there are any 10- to 12-year-old boys here, they're holding open auditions for Gustave.

OPEN AUDITION

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Love Never Dies requires BOY TREBLES to play the leading role of GUSTAVE in the forthcoming West End production.

Boys must have a playing age of 10-12 years, with very strong, pure, musical vocal ability, able to sing up to at least a top G. Candidates must also have strong acting skills.

Please prepare “O For The Wings of a Dove” by Mendelssohn, and one other short contrasting piece of your own choice which shows off the vocal range – please bring sheet music.

Please note that at this stage we can only consider applications from boys living within the M25.

The audition will be held on Sunday 18 October 2009 at

Adelphi Theatre
Strand
London WC2

Please register at the Front of House entrance at 10.00am. Candidates should be prepared to stay all day. Rehearsals commence January 2010.
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine's Shadow Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Ramin has a front page cover on the Entertainment section of the Toronto Star. The article can be found here.
Christine's Shadow
Christine's Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Is it bad that I'm at work and watching the LND press conference? Embarassed Is it even worse that I pre-ordered the deluxe CD set??

Not liking the logo or font for "Phantom" a whole lot. Heard Ramin sing but I'm not commenting on anything. I'll wait for the ones that were there. Smile

Last edited by MasqPhan on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:12 pm

"It's a bit unsatisfactory, the ending, isn't it, really?"

OMG

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next