Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed

+54
phantomphan1992
Lucy
operaphan
Lycanthrope
justin-from-barbados
sk8phan
auctioneer
Soprano Rose
Madame Giry
Viscountess
ML6
Josephine
LoveShouldDie
Demodiki
starryeyed
Riene
MCfan
orange_peas
ladyghost
IamErik771
Amyable_Nature
phantom10906
The White Half-Mask
Phantom on a Budget
AngelofMusic
fondestgreeting
tiawhitecat
Cape Twirl of Doom
PhantomJT
MasqPhan
phantomgirl110
TGITPC
aussiephan
Mandrake
Becky
Christine's Shadow
InkedAlchemist
Rebecca
LadyCDaae
Callie Daae
Raphael
HDKingsbury
Phantomlove
SenorSwanky
Amberly_Nichole
Helen
Miss von Krolock
EarlFan
carlottawannabe
operafantomet
HerMajesty
Phantom Cat
Scorp
Paula74
58 posters

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed Empty Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  Paula74 Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Well, since it IS going to happen Rolling Eyes , we need a topic for the sequel.

Anyone in London want to sign up for this?

http://www.loveneverdies.com/invitation/

Last edited by operafantomet on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to specify the title)
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  Scorp Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:01 pm

I just got that. I can't go (damn it, if only they'd chosen a Friday to do the press launch), but I've signed up anyway in the hope that I am somehow liberated from my obligations or I can work out how to clone myself between now and then. That or I'll just try and find someone who can go in my place and then bring me back the memorabilia.

Maybe it's for the best I don't go... God knows what I might be tempted to do if I don't like what I hear. Still planning on attending opening night completely wasted, though. tongue
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  Phantom Cat Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Sent mine in as soon as I received the e-mail Very Happy Oh, I do so want to go!!
Phantom Cat
Phantom Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  HerMajesty Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:15 pm

As much as I despair at the idea of a sequel, I will still be the first on the phone when booking opens! Embarassed Have to say I HATE the trailer, although the new music's not too bad and Sierra Boggess is excellent.

HerMajesty

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Still haven't seen the trailer/teaser, still don't gives a tiny rats arse... Cool

Oh the shame if I'll end up as this shows biggest fan... Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  HerMajesty Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:18 pm

operafantomet wrote:Still haven't seen the trailer/teaser, still don't gives a tiny rats arse... Cool

Oh the shame if I'll end up as this shows biggest fan... Laughing

lol, I only saw it when Chris had it on the other night and said "Come and have a look at how shit this looks!" lol, we're by no means enthusiasts but I will be seeing it. Sierra Boggess is good so hopefully it won't be a total wash out, lol

HerMajesty

Back to top Go down

Post  carlottawannabe Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:25 am

So any ideas what Mr phantoms newest tweet means?
carlottawannabe
carlottawannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom Cat Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:44 pm

I think it could be something like 'I now propose you pay attention to the time' or suchlike.
Phantom Cat
Phantom Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Honestly, these tweets - whether in Latin or English - aren't exactly going to create a strong buzz for the show...which is pretty much a big point of using social networks for publicity.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:44 am

carlottawannabe wrote:So any ideas what Mr phantoms newest tweet means?

I think Mr Illiterate Phantom said that he would briefly relate to us what he hears from his 'author'.

And literally as I just wrote this, he's tweeted again (this time in English), saying: "I have now heard from my composer. I will report back accordingly. The Phantom."

Rolling Eyes Slight role reversal here: back in '86, when the 'original' Phantom was writing notes to the public (obviously not by Twitter, but the original flyer included a letter written in red ink commanding us all to buy tickets), he stated he had instructed ALW and Cammie to produce the show. This time round it seems he's taking orders from ALW!
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 pm

[quote="Scorp"]
carlottawannabe wrote:
And literally as I just wrote this, he's tweeted again (this time in English), saying: "I have now heard from my composer. I will report back accordingly. The Phantom."
I thought the Phantom was the composer??? Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom Cat Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Okay... I've just had a call from RUG... to say I've been picked to attend the Love Never Dies launch party at Her Majesty's Theatre next Thursday 8 October at 10.00 a.m. To say I'm excited is putting it mildly... YAY!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Phantom Cat
Phantom Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Phantom Cat wrote:Okay... I've just had a call from RUG... to say I've been picked to attend the Love Never Dies launch party at Her Majesty's Theatre next Thursday 8 October at 10.00 a.m. To say I'm excited is putting it mildly... YAY!!! Very Happy Very Happy

It would have been a disgrace if they didn't choose you! Be sure to take a camera (and maybe something that records sound? Wink ) with you. Smile
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Phantom Cat wrote:Okay... I've just had a call from RUG... to say I've been picked to attend the Love Never Dies launch party at Her Majesty's Theatre next Thursday 8 October at 10.00 a.m. To say I'm excited is putting it mildly... YAY!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Yay...we have an insider! Cool
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:10 pm

That's great Very Happy really looking forward to hear everything about it, would be great if you managed to record anything from it.
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  carlottawannabe Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Make that two insiders! Im going too
carlottawannabe
carlottawannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss von Krolock Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Really excited for you both, girls! We will want to know all the details! Smile
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom Cat Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:29 pm

No photographs or any recordings allowed in the auditorium... sorry! There'll be a film crew there so you will probably get to see it on the RUG website soon. Very Happy

Lindsay and I are both thrilled and excited and consider ourselves so very lucky to have been chosen. I don't know of anyone else who's going from this board, or any other phan forum, or similar. We might see other people there whom we know... hope so!
Phantom Cat
Phantom Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  carlottawannabe Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Yep its going to be great! It goes on 4 two hours. Im looking forward to hearing the songs performed and whats in the goodybag
carlottawannabe
carlottawannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Have fun at the press launch, Lindsay and Jeanette! Will the cast be announced at the launch?

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Amberly_Nichole Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:51 am

Hi all! Here is the latest article on Baz Bamigboye's website! Thought you may be interested!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1217522/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Pianos-tuned-Lets-show.html
"Lloyd Webber's angels are waiting in the wings"
Amberly_Nichole
Amberly_Nichole

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:13 am

Scorp wrote:
carlottawannabe wrote:So any ideas what Mr phantoms newest tweet means?

I think Mr Illiterate Phantom said that he would briefly relate to us what he hears from his 'author'.

Rolling Eyes Slight role reversal here: back in '86, when the 'original' Phantom was writing notes to the public (obviously not by Twitter, but the original flyer included a letter written in red ink commanding us all to buy tickets), he stated he had instructed ALW and Cammie to produce the show. This time round it seems he's taking orders from ALW!
Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. The Phantom IS the composer, and he gives orders, not takes them.

Baz Bamigboye wrote:the Love Never Dies concept album, which I have heard and which, for me, marks the composer's best score in more than a decade.
That's not saying much. First off, he hasn't written much in the last decade, and nothing of note. Second, to me, he hasn't written a good score in more than a decade and a half (Sunset Boulevard was his last really good musical; Woman in White had only fleeting moments of quality, and the rest were crap).
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:19 am

Lindsay and Jeanette - have lots of fun! I'm glad they picked you guys, you're enthusiastic about the project and also Phantom regulars in London. I would be offended if you weren't picked out for this event!

From one of the article posted above:
Ramin Karimloo will play the Phantom - although for a while in Love Never Dies he's a mysterious figure known as Mr Y who runs the Phantasma funfair attraction on Coney Island where the action, set in 1907, takes place.
Isn't this around the time of the auction scene of "the Phantom of the Opera"? So Raoul, old and sick, is sitting at an auction in an obscure hotel in Paris, bidding on old opera stuff, while his wife is goofing around with the Phantom on Coney Island?

I know different dates has been mentioned for the Auction scene. The original libretto said 1881 for the main story, and 1905 for the auction. The original Hamburg programme agreed on the auction date, but put the main story in 1871. Later on I think the auction date was pushed forward to app. 1912 or so. But either way, if the Bram Stoker's Dracula "Love Never Dies" take place in 1907, where does that leave Raoul? Are we to see him as drunk rather than old in the Auction scene in POTO? Will he be rolling around in his wheelchair on Coney Island, hunting for the lovebirds? Laughing

This is why I dislike sequels... They never seem to relate convincingly to the original. Neutral
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:15 am

I think that despite the misch masch of dates that have been used for the show, that the general idea these days is that the story takes place in 1881 and the auction scene in 1911. That gives Raoul four whole years to get old and sick from his alchohol problems Rolling Eyes .

How we are ever going to explain that 1907 is ten years after 1881 is something I don't get though...

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:18 am

Phantomlove wrote:I think that despite the misch masch of dates that have been used for the show, that the general idea these days is that the story takes place in 1881 and the auction scene in 1911. That gives Raoul four whole years to get old and sick from his alchohol problems Rolling Eyes .
Ah, OK, that explains it. Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  HDKingsbury Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Phantomlove wrote:I think that despite the misch masch of dates that have been used for the show, that the general idea these days is that the story takes place in 1881 and the auction scene in 1911. That gives Raoul four whole years to get old and sick from his alchohol problems Rolling Eyes .

How we are ever going to explain that 1907 is ten years after 1881 is something I don't get though...

Wouldn't that be what used to be called a plot hole big enough to drive a Mac truck through? A sequel is supposed to follow the preceding story, to take up where the previous one left of in some fashion or another.

I have few doubts but that the music will be wonderfully lush and romantic -- (Andy's good at writing this kind of stuff) -- and I don't deny that he has every right to do this. There's also a better than even chance that the story, by itself, might be okay if it is considered a stand-alone piece. It's his dime, so to speak, and his muse.

At the same time, if the man's going to write a sequel to his own show...shouldn't he try at least a little to make the events in the second make sense based upon the events that took place in the first?

I am first and foremost a Phantom of the Opera fan, not just an ALW fan. What he chooses to do with his story will never change my feelings for the original.
HDKingsbury
HDKingsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:01 pm

[quote="operafantomet"]
Scorp wrote:
carlottawannabe wrote:
I thought the Phantom was the composer??? Laughing
Apparently even the fictitious characters in the story are trying to divorce themselves as much as possible from the project.

HDKingsbury wrote:At the same time, if the man's going to write a sequel to his own show...shouldn't he try at least a little to make the events in the second make sense based upon the events that took place in the first?
Ah, but you're forgetting. ALW said this isn't a sequel, although everyone assumes it is. It's a new musical picking up on the events of his previous musical, "The Phantom of the Opera," and using many of the same characters. TOTALLY not a sequel Rolling Eyes

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Raphael wrote:
TOTALLY not a sequel

*checking dictionary.com*

se⋅quel [see-kwuhl]
–noun
1. a literary work, movie, etc., that is complete in itself but continues the narrative of a preceding work.
2. an event or circumstance following something; subsequent course of affairs.
3. a result, consequence, or inference.
Origin:
1375–1425; late ME sequel(e) < L sequēla what follows, equiv. to sequ(ī) to follow + -ēla n. suffix

Yeah, LDN is totally not a sequel. Suspect
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  HDKingsbury Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Ah, but you're forgetting. ALW said this isn't a sequel, although everyone assumes it is. It's a new musical picking up on the events of his previous musical, "The Phantom of the Opera," and using many of the same characters. TOTALLY not a sequel

Thank you, Raphael, for setting me straight on this. And to think I had this idea that the new stand-alone musical that picks up 10 years after the previous one was a sequel. Silly me! And to think that this once confused me.
HDKingsbury
HDKingsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:23 am

And we have another pointless non-informative tweet today, again in Latin (despite Mr Phantom promising not to use that again, but maybe too many people pointed out his grammatical errors when he wrote in English? Wink ), telling us that the work of his composer (?! HE's the composer! Rolling Eyes ) pleases him greatly.
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next