Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

+30
Callie Daae
PhantomAngel777
ML6
Loettchen
Deathshead1
Viscountess
Josephine
Helen
starryeyed
Phantom on a Budget
Mandrake
Scorp
Becky
IamErik771
EarlFan
MasqPhan
fondestgreeting
phantomgirl110
Cape Twirl of Doom
Riene
HDKingsbury
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
phantomphan1992
Christine's Shadow
phantom10906
operafantomet
Raphael
Paula74
Admin
34 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Spam. Spam, I tell'ya! - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  starryeyed Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Ryanair try every trick in the book in order to get their amazing "on time" record. They list the flight time from London Stanstead to Glasgow Prestwick as being an hour and 20 minutes when in actuality it is 50 minutes - 1 hour therefore even if you are delayed taking off they usually make it on time and if the flight departs on time they announce you are 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Rolling Eyes

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:51 pm

ruthy wrote:Ryanair try every trick in the book in order to get their amazing "on time" record. They list the flight time from London Stanstead to Glasgow Prestwick as being an hour and 20 minutes when in actuality it is 50 minutes - 1 hour therefore even if you are delayed taking off they usually make it on time and if the flight departs on time they announce you are 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Rolling Eyes

Every time that I've flown with Ryanair from Glasgow to London, it's been delayed, yet arrived on schedule!

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Ruthy: agreed. Best part was than we was all re-booked for the next RyaiAir flight yeasterday, over 4 hours later than the original flight. Check this:

That airplane had a mockish slogan at the side saying "Bye Bye Latehansa" Rolling Eyes

Since THAT plane landed on time they turned on the fake applause and "yet another RyaiAir flight landing on time" crap in the cockpit. Which made all of us booooo! Basketball
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:47 pm

I got almost NO sleep last night thanks to roaring 45 mph winds. And, this morning, the coffeemaker decided to die...third one this year.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:05 am

I went to see Christmas at the Musicals today... it was fantastic! That is all. Ha ha!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:30 am

Because nothing says Happy Holidays like the annual Santa Speedo Race. affraid

https://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Paula74/Santa%20Speedo/?action=view&current=42189175.pbw

That happens right up the street from me every winter. It's all for charity and a real blast to watch.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:57 am

ruthy wrote:I went to see Christmas at the Musicals today... it was fantastic! That is all. Ha ha!

I saw it too! Loved it!

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Riene Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:01 am

Paula74 wrote:And, this morning, the coffeemaker decided to die...third one this year.

*wonders how much coffee Paula drinks each year....* Shocked
Riene
Riene

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rienerose

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:19 am

This tree in my living room needs. to. go.

I am dying right now.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm so annoyed by the logos, adverts and anti-piracy warnings stuck at the beginning of DVD's that you aren't allowed to skip past or fast forward.

"You wouldn't download a car, would you?"

Actually, yes.

Yes, I would, if I thought I'd get away with it.

I especially dislike the fat blacksmith at the end of UK DVD's. The only way to escape this skew-eyed maniac is to switch my machine on and off, otherwise it inevitably rolls forward to the copyright warning in umpteen different languages.

"The pirates are out to get you. They want to brand you with their mark..."

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Mandrake wrote:I'm so annoyed by the logos, adverts and anti-piracy warnings stuck at the beginning of DVD's that you aren't allowed to skip past or fast forward.

Actually, yes.

Laughing

I never got the point of that advert when downloaded films probably don't include it. scratch

You should check out the "You wouldn't......." parody videos on YouTube, they're pretty funny.

---

More spam: I wish Sarah Palin would just go away and live in an igloo cut off from human civilisation and media outlets.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:29 am

Riene wrote:
Paula74 wrote:And, this morning, the coffeemaker decided to die...third one this year.

*wonders how much coffee Paula drinks each year....* Shocked

A lot. An awful lot. But not as much as my partner (he goes through a pot before I'm even out of bed) and not as much as I used to.

In other news...ah, the joys of urban buses. Was standing waiting for the bus after getting some groceries. I was nowhere near this one guy and hadn't even noticed him, let alone done anything to provoke him when he just started yelling obscene names at me...I mean some hardcore profanity that would've been out of line even if I had done something. He shut up once my partner threatened to...and I quote..."put the beat on him." Fortunately, he didn't say another word and left us alone on the bus...but he had to get the last word by flipping the finger at us once he got off at his stop.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Mandrake wrote:I'm so annoyed by the logos, adverts and anti-piracy warnings stuck at the beginning of DVD's that you aren't allowed to skip past or fast forward.

Not too long ago several movie theaters in my area were running ads before the movie with people in the film business (not stars, but guys like stuntmen and lighting technicians) complaining about how bootlegging hurts them personally. Now, I'm not saying copyright law is a bad thing but it's really annoying to have it preached to you after you've bought your ten-dollar ticket like a good citizen. And really, do you think a guy who's smuggling his spy camera and laptop into the theater is going to think, "Oh no, if I post this on BitTorrent, then Bob the Gaffer might not be able to buy Christmas presents for his children! I'm sure glad that PSA ran and made me see the error of my ways!"? Rolling Eyes

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Actually, yes.

Heh, my boyfriend is big into downloading, and when I first saw that advertisement I thought of him. I showed it to him, and his response was similar to yours, although with a bit more explicit language. He has a bit of a potty mouth Razz

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:37 am

Just posting here because I wanted to make the first post here in 2010! Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:00 am

The clock hit midnight an hour ago here. Finally time to go put up Raphael's Phantoons Calendar. Very Happy
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:14 pm

I officially hate Pictionary. My family started a game at 11:00 PM, took a break at midnight, then continued to play until nearly 2:00 AM.

Never. Again.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 pm

phantomphan1992 wrote:I officially hate Pictionary. My family started a game at 11:00 PM, took a break at midnight, then continued to play until nearly 2:00 AM.

Never. Again.
That's my kind of night. I love games. Though my family, except my grandpa, doesn't like playing them with me very often, and if they start later than 7 or 7:30, it's too late for them.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:
phantomphan1992 wrote:I officially hate Pictionary. My family started a game at 11:00 PM, took a break at midnight, then continued to play until nearly 2:00 AM.

Never. Again.
That's my kind of night. I love games. Though my family, except my grandpa, doesn't like playing them with me very often, and if they start later than 7 or 7:30, it's too late for them.

It was fun, but toward the end, I was hoping for my mom and aunt to win so we could go home.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:20 am

phantomphan1992 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:

Never. Again.

It was fun, but toward the end, I was hoping for my mom and aunt to win so we could go home.
I love winning, and I hate losing, but what I hate even more is unfair competition and my opponents giving up partway through. Makes victory seem illegitimate.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:43 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:
phantomphan1992 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:

Never. Again.

I love winning, and I hate losing, but what I hate even more is unfair competition and my opponents giving up partway through. Makes victory seem illegitimate.

And under normal circumstances, I probably would have tried to delay their victory as long as possible, but the other night, I was too exhausted to care.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Never. Again.
Heh. My family started a game of Beatles Monopoly at 10:30pm last Sunday. We actually finished the game by 2:30am! The whole board was covered with hotels, I can't remember playing all the way through before.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:

Never. Again.
Heh. My family started a game of Beatles Monopoly at 10:30pm last Sunday. We actually finished the game by 2:30am! The whole board was covered with hotels, I can't remember playing all the way through before.
Love that game too, though I've never played the Beatles version. I have a Marvel Comics version, and I used to have video-game versions on my computer and on N64.

phantomphan1992 wrote:And under normal circumstances, I probably would have tried to delay their victory as long as possible, but the other night, I was too exhausted to care.
Yeah, I understand that. Though I probably would have been juiced even if I were tired. One night recently, I played old Gamecube video games with my brother for the first time in years, and we were up til almost 4 am. I didn't even realize it was that late when we were done. And I still wanted to play more. Laughing
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 am

My family played Monopoly, too. Unfortunately, it was the version in which the money is replaced with credit cards. That made it kind of boring, at least to me. I always enjoy showing off with all the money I've got. Merely having a credit card took the fun out of it. We also played Scrabble, which was more fun. At 14, my brother is getting really good at it. I still won both times we played, though. That was fun, too. Wink

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:54 am

I've been curious to try the new credit card version, but I had the same fear that not having stockpiles of cash in front of you would take some of the fun away. I do love counting my cash. Laughing

Scrabble's a lot of fun too.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Believe me, it's much more fun with cash. Next time I'll play with my family, we'll take the traditional version again.

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:32 pm

I rediscovered chocolate milk last night. Haven't had it in years and I'd forgotten how yummy it can be. I love you
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:35 pm

I was never a big fan of chocolate milk, but when I was a kid, I loved putting the strawberry Quik powder into my milk. Now I just love drinking milk. I have at least a glass a day, usually a few during the summer.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 pm

A very healthy habit, Dustin. I love milk, too. A few weeks ago, I wanted to make myself a hot chocolate, but unfortunately, I overlooked that the instant stuff was the kind that only works with water, not real milk. It just swam on top of the milk, looking like mud and not tasting much better (not that I've ever tasted mud, but you know what I mean). In the end, I poured it all away and simply drank milk.

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:54 pm

It's funny...when I was a kid, my uncle got me the strawberry Quik and I loved...but only for about a year. Then, all of a sudden, I just didn't want it again.

But, then again, except for fresh strawberries or good strawberry jam from a farmers market, I don't care for strawberry-flavored foods...especially strawberry ice cream, the only flavor I hate.

In other news, I got a purse for Christmas with a charmingly gaudy (and very jingly) key fob...mostly hearts and fleurs-de-lis. Well, I'm probably not going to use the purse right away, but the key fob just screamed "Chatelaine!!!!" I've always wanted a real chatelaine...but the antique stores charge a small fortune for them. So I removed the fob from the purse, clipped it on my jeans...ta-da...instant faux-chatelaine. Rather Madame Giry-esque, in a small way.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum