Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  phantomphan1992 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 pm

I am so sorry. I understand what you're saying; I can't imagine life without my dog.

I'll be praying for your and your family. Hopefully everything will work out for the best and the operation will work.

phantomphan1992

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  operafantomet on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:58 pm

HATING this so-called summer weather in Norway this year. Rainy, cold, cloudy, wind... Are you kidding me???

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Come to America. We got crap loads of heat! Smile Oh, and rain....and wind....and clouds....tornadoes every now and then.... Wink But cold? Nope! Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  operafantomet on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:24 pm

phantomfett wrote:Come to America. We got crap loads of heat! Smile Oh, and rain....and wind....and clouds....tornadoes every now and then.... Wink But cold? Nope! Smile

Hehe, don't be offended, but I think I prefer the Mediterranean... Early, warm mornings, fantastic yoghurt with honey, donkey brays, blue skies, not a tornado in sight... yes, please!

_________________
JOSEFINE TO THE PHANTOM:
You come off as... somewhat... rough...

operafantomet

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 37
Location : Norway

View user profile http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Deathshead1 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Finnaly got my script to the ALW musical! yay!

Deathshead1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-05-23
Age : 21

View user profile http://http./www.wix.com/deathsheaderik1/deathsheadcom.wix

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  phantomphan1992 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:55 am

HOME! *flings self dramatically on ground and kisses carpet, then comes up spitting out dog fur*

Remind me to never go on such a long vacation again.

phantomphan1992

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Becky on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 am

phantomfett wrote:Come to America. We got crap loads of heat! Smile Oh, and rain....and wind....and clouds....tornadoes every now and then.... Wink But cold? Nope! Smile

Well, unless you're in Michigan, then you may have a cold summer Wink Although it's been pretty warm this year, we had way too many 50F days last summer. My favorite example of unpredictable Michigan weather remains the March we had an unseasonably warm day (70F) with tornado watches, followed by an awful snowstorm the next day.

Becky

Posts : 115
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 30
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Deathshead1 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:43 pm

just thought i would post this here....hilariuos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img][/img]

it didn't turn out right....its supposed to be a phantom campagn poster

Deathshead1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-05-23
Age : 21

View user profile http://http./www.wix.com/deathsheaderik1/deathsheadcom.wix

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  ML6 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:12 am

Okay, thought I'd ask some of my traveling buddies this question here.

Have any of you traveled to NY around the time of Sept 11th? I'm starting to have pre-travel jitters, (and especially since my ticket I won for Mary Poppins is for Sept 10th) I'm worried something might happen on Sept 11th.

Have any of you been in the city the past years? How has it been? What should I expect, etc.

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Becky on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:20 am

I don't know if it helps, but my biological mother and her husband flew on September 11th, 2002. They went to England, but had a layover in NYC I believe. Security hadn't been upped much from what was typical (post Sept 11th, 01), and very few people seemed to be on edge. I'm sure you'll be fine Smile

Becky

Posts : 115
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 30
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  ML6 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:22 am

Becky wrote:I don't know if it helps, but my biological mother and her husband flew on September 11th, 2002. They went to England, but had a layover in NYC I believe. Security hadn't been upped much from what was typical (post Sept 11th, 01), and very few people seemed to be on edge. I'm sure you'll be fine Smile

Okay. Because every day that it gets closer to the day, I'm like, 'Should I really be taking this trip?' It's even sadder that this is my first trip to NYC in general. But I thank you for your response. Smile

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Josephine on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:24 am

Well, I'll fly to the US (not to NYC, though) on September 13th. I have to admit I never really thought about the significance of the date until afterwards. It was just something my travel agent suggested and I agreed to. Strange...

Josephine

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-10-04
Age : 33
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Paula74 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:48 pm

ML6 wrote:
Have any of you been in the city the past years? How has it been? What should I expect, etc.

I've been in or passing through NYC close to the anniversary on 9/11. I've never really noticed any difference between that and other dates. Mostly, I've only noticed increased security (at Port Authority Bus Terminal, Penn Station, and some of the major subway stations, for example...mostly just a few officers with rather ugly rifles and some bomb-sniffing dogs) during Presidential visits or when there is a very high profile world leader appearing at the U.N.. If I'm taking an Albany-bound bus that continues to Canada, the boarding line moves a little slower as they check travel documents, etc..

My godmother lives in Brooklyn, but works in the Financial District and said that, in general, the security is a little more noticeable the closer you get to the WTC site itself around September 11. She was in a building directly across the street from the Twin Towers and the evacuation was so chaotic that she fell in a stairwell. She thought she was only bruised and was able to walk up to her son's apartment on 12th Street at the time and, in the morning, she was able to walk back across the Bridge to Park Slope. However, it later turned out she'd cracked her hip. She also has some coughing problems due to goodness-knows-what was in the heavy smoke.

Paula74

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 42
Location : Monsieur Madeleine's office

View user profile http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  ML6 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Paula74 wrote:
ML6 wrote:
Have any of you been in the city the past years? How has it been? What should I expect, etc.

I've been in or passing through NYC close to the anniversary on 9/11. I've never really noticed any difference between that and other dates. Mostly, I've only noticed increased security (at Port Authority Bus Terminal, Penn Station, and some of the major subway stations, for example...mostly just a few officers with rather ugly rifles and some bomb-sniffing dogs) during Presidential visits or when there is a very high profile world leader appearing at the U.N.. If I'm taking an Albany-bound bus that continues to Canada, the boarding line moves a little slower as they check travel documents, etc..

My godmother lives in Brooklyn, but works in the Financial District and said that, in general, the security is a little more noticeable the closer you get to the WTC site itself around September 11. She was in a building directly across the street from the Twin Towers and the evacuation was so chaotic that she fell in a stairwell. She thought she was only bruised and was able to walk up to her son's apartment on 12th Street at the time and, in the morning, she was able to walk back across the Bridge to Park Slope. However, it later turned out she'd cracked her hip. She also has some coughing problems due to goodness-knows-what was in the heavy smoke.

This was certainly helpful. I have GAD (Generalized Anxiety) and so the one thing on my mind is a plane hijacking or a terrorist bomb. I honestly hate flying, and I even wonder how in the world I'll make it over to London in the future if I can't sit on an airplane for two hours.

ML6

Posts : 873
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 28
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Becky on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:53 pm

[quote="ML6"][quote="Paula74"]
ML6 wrote:
This was certainly helpful. I have GAD (Generalized Anxiety) and so the one thing on my mind is a plane hijacking or a terrorist bomb. I honestly hate flying, and I even wonder how in the world I'll make it over to London in the future if I can't sit on an airplane for two hours.
Security is really tight these days, there's no need for worry. Smile The part I hate about flying on an airplane, is the likelihood of sitting next to someone chewing gum. There's nothing that disgusts me more than someone chewing gum. Unless it's someone chewing gum with their mouth open.

Becky

Posts : 115
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 30
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Callie Daae on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Ah shoot, I just realized that as of Friday I have been apart of this board for 1 year! cheers

Callie Daae

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  SenorSwanky on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:07 am

I'm watching the Braves at the Giants, game 2 of the NLDS, in the 10th inning, and the organist was playing a few seconds of the Phantom overture over the PA system as the Braves were about to load the bases with Giants--basically doom in a tied game in extra innings. Pretty cool.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  phantomphan1992 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Aww, man... I missed it? But I guess that's what I get for going to be early. Sad

phantomphan1992

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Raphael on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 pm

I am now a proud uncle twice over Very Happy

R.

_________________
Proud former member of TMCPMC
Keeper of Brianne Morgan's Masquerade hip-swish
www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Raphael

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2009-09-22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  SenorSwanky on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 pm

phantomphan1992 wrote:Aww, man... I missed it? But I guess that's what I get for going to be early. Sad
Well, the doom ended up being for the Giants a short time after I posted that. Your Rangers are sure looking good. Should be facing my Yanks next weekend.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  phantomphan1992 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:41 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:
phantomphan1992 wrote:Aww, man... I missed it? But I guess that's what I get for going to be early. Sad
Well, the doom ended up being for the Giants a short time after I posted that. Your Rangers are sure looking good. Should be facing my Yanks next weekend.
At this point, I don't see that happening unless they can get their act together and start scoring some runs.

phantomphan1992

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  SenorSwanky on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:42 pm

phantomphan1992 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:
phantomphan1992 wrote:Aww, man... I missed it? But I guess that's what I get for going to be early. Sad
Well, the doom ended up being for the Giants a short time after I posted that. Your Rangers are sure looking good. Should be facing my Yanks next weekend.
At this point, I don't see that happening unless they can get their act together and start scoring some runs.
Yeah, I think I wrote that before the Rays made their comeback in Game 3 and obviously before yesterday. We'll see who's better tomorrow: Cliff Lee or David Price. I'd put my money on Lee, but the Rays certainly have the momentum as a team, which will hurt you guys since it's back at the Trop. It'll probably come down to bullpens and offense, and while offensively, the Rangers would usually have the edge, the Rays' pen is probably better.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  phantomphan1992 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:09 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:
phantomphan1992 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:
phantomphan1992 wrote:Aww, man... I missed it? But I guess that's what I get for going to be early. Sad
Well, the doom ended up being for the Giants a short time after I posted that. Your Rangers are sure looking good. Should be facing my Yanks next weekend.
At this point, I don't see that happening unless they can get their act together and start scoring some runs.
Yeah, I think I wrote that before the Rays made their comeback in Game 3 and obviously before yesterday. We'll see who's better tomorrow: Cliff Lee or David Price. I'd put my money on Lee, but the Rays certainly have the momentum as a team, which will hurt you guys since it's back at the Trop. It'll probably come down to bullpens and offense, and while offensively, the Rangers would usually have the edge, the Rays' pen is probably better.
I love the Rangers, I really do, but they need to change something about the way they've been playing and fast. Otherwise, they might still be the only team in baseball to have never won a playoff series. Unfortunately, I don't see anything changing.

Oh, well. I didn't even expect them to win one post season game.

ETA: OMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

phantomphan1992

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  SenorSwanky on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:51 am

So Cliff Lee was Cliff Lee, and the Rangers offense looked like the Rays' with all that base-running. I look forward to Friday night. Probably CJ Wilson vs. CC Sabathia. Then Colby Lewis vs. either Andy Pettitte or Phil Hughes on Saturday.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  phantomphan1992 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm excited. Smile

And I just found out today that the team celebrated with ginger ale, not champagne and beer, so Josh Hamilton could celebrate with them. That's just... That's why I love this team so much.

phantomphan1992

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  SenorSwanky on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Well, Cliff Lee was Cliff Lee again. Evil or Very Mad

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  phantomphan1992 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:12 pm

I was actually at the game last night. Words cannot even begin to describe the experience.

phantomphan1992

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  SenorSwanky on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:21 am

phantomphan1992 wrote:I was actually at the game last night. Words cannot even begin to describe the experience.
Lucky. I mean, I would have hated it, but I've never seen a postseason game in person.

Oh well. Giants-Rangers. Probably going to be pretty low-rated, but should be some good games. Glad the Phils didn't win.

SenorSwanky

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 31
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Mandrake on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 pm

I saw the new cast in London tonight for the first time and I can understand the mixed reactions towards them.

JOJ, I think, was my first Phantom. It must have been 5/6 years ago that I first saw the show which, I guess, may coincide with his first outing. His rowelling, voice-of-the-valley vowels are magnificent. They imply a majesty and irresistibly seductive gorgeousness that grabs one by the throat and drags a spectator, willing or not, through the mirror of suspended disbelief.

Sofia Escobar... I loved; and can entirely understand why others may not. It's a strange thing, how apparently minor differences can polarise opinion. I can remember hating Karimloo/ Beck when others loved them and, later, coming to love them myself. I think we all bring our expectations to the show and that it takes some time for our expectations to match the performers' portrayals. When I first heard Sofia, in "Think of Me", I thought she was affecting an Italiano accent but later learned it was her natural voice. Although, before I learned that, I was utterly dematerialised and transfixed by the soaring, piercing purity of her voice and its (as I drunkenly interpreteted it) homogenizing humanitarianism.

In any case, enough of that tosh. Firstly, it's ****ing freezing in London right now. Secondly- and this is the real news- they're opening a ****ing licensed CHIP SHOP right next to Her Majesty's. Can you imagine? It's easy if you try....

Perhaps there is a God, after all (though I can't imagine he'd feel inclined to grant me any favours). Nevertheless, and for the first time ever, my 3 favouritest things in the entire world will be within 20 yards of each other: fish and chips, Gin & Tonic and Phantom.

That's as good as it gets.

Mandrake

Posts : 91
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 42
Location : Glasgow/ London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  starryeyed on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 am

I saw someone at Passion with a McDonalds so perhaps Her Majesty's will have some delightful fish and chip eating patrons now...

starryeyed

Posts : 836
Join date : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:15 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum