Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

+30
Callie Daae
PhantomAngel777
ML6
Loettchen
Deathshead1
Viscountess
Josephine
Helen
starryeyed
Phantom on a Budget
Mandrake
Scorp
Becky
IamErik771
EarlFan
MasqPhan
fondestgreeting
phantomgirl110
Cape Twirl of Doom
Riene
HDKingsbury
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
phantomphan1992
Christine's Shadow
phantom10906
operafantomet
Raphael
Paula74
Admin
34 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Spam. Spam, I tell'ya! - Page 5 Empty Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  EarlFan Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:44 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I am not getting my money back. I hate Ryanair.

Ryanair always gives me trouble of some sort when I travel with them. Unfortunately, I have to travel with them because that is after all the best option Evil or Very Mad I'm sure they now this and laugh behind my back...
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Same they have us trapped EarlFan! But really this is costing me more than EasyJet or even the train would cost now, with my non existent bags.

Everyone I know is shocked, I mean how can they charge for something I am not using? How can they charge me for nothing? And now I am confused, since I won't have bags to check in will I just go straight to the check in bit at security or will I still have to go to actual check in even though I have nothing to check in.

So annoyed. Mainly with myself.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm

The sun needs to go away. It's stealing all of my snow! Crying or Very sad
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 am

phantomphan1992 wrote:The sun needs to go away. It's stealing all of my snow! Crying or Very sad

You can have what we've got here. Please. Take. It. Please.

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:08 am

I went to the Brit awards after party tonight. It actually wasn't that great, or impressive to be honest with you but still - it was the Brit awards. Lol.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:55 am

Random conversation I had with a friend the other day:

We were watching the "Simpsons" episode in which Bart is Mozart.

Friend: "Mozart... isn't that the guy who cut off his own ear?"

Me: "No. That was van Gogh."

Friend: "Oh. Was Mozart the one who grew deaf?"

Me: "No. That was Beethoven."

Friend: "Oh. Which one is Mozart, then?"

Me (searching for a widely-known fact): "He's the one who's believed to have died of syphillis."

Friend: "Ah! That one."

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 am

I miss Greece. SOOO much. Sad
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:13 pm

My friend seriously just asked if a seed could get stuck and grow in his eye. Shocked
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

phantomphan1992 wrote:My friend seriously just asked if a seed could get stuck and grow in his eye. Shocked
I hope you said yes? Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 pm

operafantomet wrote:
phantomphan1992 wrote:My friend seriously just asked if a seed could get stuck and grow in his eye. Shocked
I hope you said yes? Laughing
Better. I submitted it to Failbooking.com. Laughing
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Home alone for a few days and bored...so I was watching my DVD of Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and randomly noticed the big gold nipples on the Pharaoh's costume.

My first thought was...Joel Schumacher. Laughing Laughing
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 am

First of all, 100th post! cheers

And secondly, I finally got my hair cut tonight, and I decided I'd go ahead and do something drastic. So I got bangs. They're long, so they actually look more like short layers, but I actually really love my hair right now.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:36 pm

I think I'm cursed at meeting up with/ having a nice girly day with a friend of mine.

We rarely get to see each other and finally set a date to see each other on the 20th of this month so we decided to have a nice lunch. I decided it would be lovely to dine at The Ivy and I knew my other half knew one of the hostesses could always get a good table not thinking too much of it. Turns out if it is a weekend you have to book literally two months (or more) in advance even he couldn't charm a table. I didn't mind much anyway, it was just a bit of a shame as she had never been and was looking quite forward to it.

So I then remembered a lovely Italian just off from Saville Row so tried to book there and their online reservation wasn't working so I emailed them. Just got an email back saying apologies about the reservation system being down and they had booked a table for 2 for the 13th. SIGH! Just emailed them back saying apologies but I'd requested the 20th... fingers crossed!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:33 am

Okay, this question is mainly for the males of our little group, but certainly anyone can answer.

Here's the scenario: on Saturday you and your girlfriend have a bit of a discussion that ends in you making her cry. You leave her there crying (even though you had planned to stay the weekend) so you can get drunk with your best friend (bad move, btw). Even though you say you want to continue the relationship, you still make no effort during the week to call her or even text her. Not once. Even though in the past you've always given her at least one text/call/internet message during the week. When she inquires as to when you will be at her place Friday (as you always spend Friday nights with her) you respond that you might not make it out because your family has plans to go out to eat for your brother's birthday. Normally your girlfriend would be invited to these things, but you don't bother extending any sort of invite this time.

My question is, WTF? Well, I guess the question is, what is really supposed to be done in this situation? Now, I would have expected that after the leaving the girlfriend alone after making her cry, the boyfriend would at least, at some point in the week, maybe show up with flowers, give a call to say "I love you," give a text with the "<3" icon, or even ask how she's bloody doing. Am I expecting too much here? Has my mind been soiled by movies that my expectations are really so outlandish and unrealistic?
And don't give me the "well maybe he was busy," thing, because the girlfriend works 37-50 hours a week, goes to school full time, etc., while the boyfriend takes a couple of classes and works maybe 10 at a job where he is paid to sit and look like he's doing something. (And yes, you're correct in assuming that this isn't just some random scenario I've come up with off the top of my head. ;P)

So, any thoughts?

(Gee, now that I think of this, this is more rant than spam, eh?)

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:40 am

Wow. That boyfriend is an utter a-hole. I always feel like crap any time I've made a girlfriend cry, and I immediately try to make amends. And even if he hadn't done something to upset you, I always think significant others should be in daily contact with each other, so him ignoring you should bother you even in good times.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 am

I have to concur with what Swanky said, what an utter a-hole. No your expectations are not asking too much, I would think he would at least text or something. That being said, this sounds like something a friend of mine went through, I would guess one of two things is happening. He is either cheating, or looking for a way out of the relationship with out confrontation, you know the whole "We've grown apart" type of garbage that any spineless man tosses out when he doesn't have the balls to just end it. The question is, what does this friend want to do about this? And is this a very recent thing?
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:04 am

I was looking at the cast list for the show in Vegas, saw "Ashlee Dupre," and was far too amused for my own good.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:39 pm

I know if I take a nap, the phone will ring...I just know it.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Paula74 wrote:I know if I take a nap, the phone will ring...I just know it.
That's like me and dinner. Every time my dinner is just done and I sit down to eat, the phone rings. No matter WHEN I eat. Whazzup with that?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I've fooled SO many people today, I'm still laughing. Oh my.... *laughs some more*

Question is: have I ben fooled myself? Not sure yet, but I don't think so... Time will tell, he-he.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:42 pm

I saw The 39 Steps tonight, at The Criterion (right on Piccadilly, beside Eros*).

Completely wonderful, utterly joyful. Quite fantastic, thoroughly to be recommended. I've thought of going to see it a few times but was put off by the length (missus) as it's only an hour and 50 minutes including 20 minute interval. Would be particularly enjoyed by anyone who is Scottish (or who has, or regularly has, some Scottish in them Very Happy ).

*Also, in googling Eros, I was pleased to find he's not Eros at all but actually Anteros, "the punisher of those who scorn love and the advances of others, or the avenger of unrequited love", according to Wikipedia. He's just round the corner from Her Majesty's; love never dies indeed.

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 am

operafantomet wrote:I've fooled SO many people today, I'm still laughing. Oh my.... *laughs some more*

Question is: have I ben fooled myself? Not sure yet, but I don't think so... Time will tell, he-he.
I stopped celebrating April Fool's Day when I realized none of my pranks were funny. And let me tell you, that was a sad, sad day. Sad
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:52 pm

My dad is the only one who got me, in the morning. I was wondering if the lack of April Fools pranks I saw this year was because there's already enough real bad news in the world with the economy and natural disasters and stuff that people didn't want to cause heart attacks with fake bad news.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:14 am

I need a suggestion for a good book for English. Unfortunately, we have very specific guidelines, which is making it very difficult to find a book.

I need a non-fiction book that has been written within the last ten years "concerning a current topic in the news." It supposed to be of AP caliber and have a minimum of 200 pages. It can't be anything we've read before (which doesn't exclude very many books).

We can't read:
Simply written books
Autobiographies/memoirs
Self-help books
Books which have been made into movies.

And, of course, it would be nice if the book was readily available, because I just realized I need to have it by Wednesday for approval (I honestly thought I had another week or so, so I wasn't worried about it, but now I am).

Does anyone know of any books that fit? I'll probably ask at the bookstore, but it would be nice to have an idea of what I'm looking for before I go.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:07 am

I *think* this should qualify for your list, and I also think it should be available in English by now:
http://www.rabble.ca/whatsup/eyes-gaza-dr-mads-gilbert-nationwide-campus-tour
http://www.hagenagency.no/?group=1689&subgroup=&art=12226

Although two people write about what they've seen and heard, it's not a biography. It's about how insiders, I.E. two Norwegian doctors, experienced the 2008/2009 Gaza war, as the only Western people there. After reading it I got that awful feeling of "How could we sit still and watch it? Haven't we learned anything?". Appalling.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:43 am

I would recommend "Snow" by Orhan Pamuk - amazing book, beautifully written. I'll take a look at my bookshelf later tonight and see if I can find any other suggestions.

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:50 pm

I have always wanted to see The 39 Steps Mandrake. And I am Scottish so you say I may enjoy it, sounds good. Do you know if Andrew De Perlaky has started in it yet? I think he might be professionally known as Andrew Alexander.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Thank you both. I'll add those to my list. Of course, now it comes down to what I can find at the bookstore.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandrake Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I have always wanted to see The 39 Steps Mandrake. And I am Scottish so you say I may enjoy it, sounds good. Do you know if Andrew De Perlaky has started in it yet? I think he might be professionally known as Andrew Alexander.

I'm not sure, I didn't notice any of the actors' names. There are only 4 of them, they recreate the Hitchcock film scene for scene. It's really funny, well worth seeing.

Very strange theatre, too. It's like an old tube station, easy to get lost...

Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Mandrake wrote:
Completely wonderful, utterly joyful. Quite fantastic, thoroughly to be recommended. I've thought of going to see it a few times but was put off by the length (missus) as it's only an hour and 50 minutes including 20 minute interval. Would be particularly enjoyed by anyone who is Scottish (or who has, or regularly has, some Scottish in them Very Happy ).

I had a ticket to see that at one point, but for some reason couldn't make the performance. It's a show that I've always meant to see but never actually got round to it. I must give it a go.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum