Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

+30
Callie Daae
PhantomAngel777
ML6
Loettchen
Deathshead1
Viscountess
Josephine
Helen
starryeyed
Phantom on a Budget
Mandrake
Scorp
Becky
IamErik771
EarlFan
MasqPhan
fondestgreeting
phantomgirl110
Cape Twirl of Doom
Riene
HDKingsbury
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
phantomphan1992
Christine's Shadow
phantom10906
operafantomet
Raphael
Paula74
Admin
34 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Spam. Spam, I tell'ya! - Page 4 Empty Re: Spam. Spam, I tell'ya!

Post  SenorSwanky Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:56 am

Paula74 wrote:But, then again, except for fresh strawberries or good strawberry jam from a farmers market, I don't care for strawberry-flavored foods
I'm generally the same way (I'm picky about the freshness of a lot of things, particularly fruits and vegetables), and I probably wouldn't like strawberry Quik anymore, but I do love homemade-type strawberry ice cream rather than the ones that are really sicky sweet and dyed pink. Breyers has a great brand (they're usually the best in any flavor, though I'm a big butter pecan fan, and theirs isn't quite buttery enough for my taste).
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Ever tried to figure out how much fun you can have when people are hotlinking pics in our website?

(hint: replace original file with something completely different... Twisted Evil )
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm

operafantomet wrote:Ever tried to figure out how much fun you can have when people are hotlinking pics in our website?

(hint: replace original file with something completely different... Twisted Evil )

I did that once (considering it was a flop, it's amazing how many people hotlink to the Lestat photos on Hugh's site).

Only the people who'd been hotlinking just went back to the site, found the correct pictures, and hotlinked all over again. My hosting package has a feature that lets you block specific sites from accessing us so, after sending the admins of the offending forum a nice note to ask their members to please stop hotlinking didn't help, I just blocked that site from access.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Paula74 wrote:I did that once (considering it was a flop, it's amazing how many people hotlink to the Lestat photos on Hugh's site).

Only the people who'd been hotlinking just went back to the site, found the correct pictures, and hotlinked all over again. My hosting package has a feature that lets you block specific sites from accessing us so, after sending the admins of the offending forum a nice note to ask their members to please stop hotlinking didn't help, I just blocked that site from access.
Glad you got to block it in some way, though. I was surprised to find out how much bandwidth hotlinking steals. Darn!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:41 pm

operafantomet wrote:Ever tried to figure out how much fun you can have when people are hotlinking pics in our website?

When people hotlink to your site, does it steal bandwidth from your photobucket or your site itself?
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Viscountess wrote:

When people hotlink to your site, does it steal bandwidth from your photobucket or your site itself?
From my Photobucket. But as some of the sites are built up as galleries, with little or no text, it's very annoying that hotlinking makes it go offline more often than it should.

Using the links themselves are not bad, but as soon as img tags are added, so they're displayed as pictures in forums and other sites, the picture will download every single time other people visit. If several pictures are posted in popular forums, it'll eat a lot of the bandwidth.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Just my bad luck. I switch on the TV for the first time today, and what are they showing? The 2004 movie... *shudders* At least they're showing it after 10 p.m., so it won't scare the little ones. But what about scaring me?

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 am

I saw that, well not the movie (thankfully) just the fact that it was on. I was sitting watching my SATC box set thanks very much.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 am

Josephine wrote:Just my bad luck. I switch on the TV for the first time today, and what are they showing? The 2004 movie... *shudders* At least they're showing it after 10 p.m., so it won't scare the little ones. But what about scaring me?

I saw a bit of it. I'd forgotton how bad it is!

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:43 am

Helen wrote:
Josephine wrote:Just my bad luck. I switch on the TV for the first time today, and what are they showing? The 2004 movie... *shudders* At least they're showing it after 10 p.m., so it won't scare the little ones. But what about scaring me?

I saw a bit of it. I'd forgotton how bad it is!

Reminds me of a little thing that happened at the library a few weeks ago. My partner and I rarely agree on what movies to borrow, but we try to compromise...one he likes, one I like. Sometimes, he actually likes what I pick...case in point, the Lon Chaney Phantom.

This time, he'd picked something out for himself...some old spy movie. I wasn't having much luck finding anything I wanted. Trying to be helpful, he started looking in the musicals section. He picked up the 2004 film and said, "What about this?" I affraid and fled to another aisle. He looked confused and said, "But...but...why not...you love Phantom!"

I got "Plan 9 From Outer Space" instead.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:47 am

operafantomet wrote:
Viscountess wrote:

From my Photobucket. But as some of the sites are built up as galleries, with little or no text, it's very annoying that hotlinking makes it go offline more often than it should.

Using the links themselves are not bad, but as soon as img tags are added, so they're displayed as pictures in forums and other sites, the picture will download every single time other people visit. If several pictures are posted in popular forums, it'll eat a lot of the bandwidth.
Ooh, I see your point. That must be really annoying. And a lot of people must be doing it for it to be eating up that much bandwidth.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Sometimes, "The weakest Link" (British game show) has such difficult questions: "In Westend musicals, which song begins with the line, ´In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came´?" Hmmmm... "Memory"? "And dream will do?" "Don't cry for me, Argentina"? I have no idea...

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Josephine wrote:Sometimes, "The weakest Link" (British game show) has such difficult questions: "In Westend musicals, which song begins with the line, ´In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came´?" Hmmmm... "Memory"? "And dream will do?" "Don't cry for me, Argentina"? I have no idea...
Yeah, it's amazing there are dolts who get such easy questions wrong on game shows. Every time, I think, "Why can't I be on that show? I need some money!"
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 pm

The West End Weakest Link version always annoys me (I know you were talking about the normal version) but I think that is because I took offence at the fact Dianne Pilkington got asked a question about... Dianne Pilkington.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 pm

My GOD, Facebook is annoying when it's annoying...

The last couple of weeks I've been getting an error message multiple times a day, the "Ooops, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. You may be able to try again." one. And it'll last for 5-10 minutes, and I can't do anything except see the main site. I can't comment, I cant access my inbox, I can't upload pictures, I can't see previous comments if there's multiple replies, the chat doesn't work etc. There are various Facebook sites I can't access either.

Suddenly everything works fine. Until it doesn't. And then it's the same crap again.

It happens on both Safari and Firefox. Anyone else experience this and/or knows why it happens?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 am

I've seen that before, but usually not for such an extended period of time. However, I haven't been able to share reviews with the Flixster application lately. I can post reviews, but it won't share them to my profile.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:27 am

So, I'm sitting here watching NCIS and I have to admit I squeed out loud when Ducky, one of my favorite characters, began talking about Gaston Leroux, The Phantom, and the falling chandelier counterweight incident.

My partner...who is just beginning to figure out the bare essentials of Phantom...said, "Who's Gaston Leroux?" Rolling Eyes
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 am

Paula74 wrote:So, I'm sitting here watching NCIS and I have to admit I squeed out loud when Ducky, one of my favorite characters, began talking about Gaston Leroux, The Phantom, and the falling chandelier counterweight incident.

My partner...who is just beginning to figure out the bare essentials of Phantom...said, "Who's Gaston Leroux?" Rolling Eyes

Awww, bless him! Aren't they cute when they're still young and innocent? You've still got a lot of educating to do there.

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 am

Paula74 wrote:So, I'm sitting here watching NCIS and I have to admit I squeed out loud when Ducky, one of my favorite characters, began talking about Gaston Leroux, The Phantom, and the falling chandelier counterweight incident.

My best friend loves that show. I've watched it with her now and then, but it's not really my thing. I'd love to see that episode, though.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:03 pm

Meh, have some real troubles with Facebook today. Very annoying.
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 pm

EarlFan wrote:Meh, have some real troubles with Facebook today. Very annoying.
I've had problems with Facebook for a looong time, getting the "Whoops, something went wrong" message every five minutes. Was adviced to follow the procedure underneath, and it worked! Sorry for not translating for non-Scandinavians, I'm really tired now and about to log off:

Jobber Facebook seint i det siste? Gå til "innstillinger", velg "applikasjons-innstillinger", gå til "lagt til profil", om du har en applikasjon kalt "uten navn". Har du, så SLETT DEN!!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 pm

I should log off. I really should.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:48 pm

operafantomet wrote:I should log off. I really should.

I say that constantly. But I never listen. Very Happy
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 am

Paula74 wrote:
operafantomet wrote:I should log off. I really should.

I say that constantly. But I never listen. Very Happy
Good to hear it's not only me... I stayed online for two hours after I posted that yesterday. Hopeless!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:11 pm

I keep looking out the window thinking it is snowing. I think I have officially gone insane.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:25 am

Has anyone else found that a GPS does absolutely no good on a college campus? I'm never driving on a campus ever again. No bloody way.

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:41 am

Becky wrote:Has anyone else found that a GPS does absolutely no good on a college campus? I'm never driving on a campus ever again. No bloody way.

Can't say I've ever used one on a campus.

Actually, the only time I've ever had to deal with one was when I was down in Philadelphia with my friend Jan for the opening night of Les Miserables. Driving from the hotel to the theatre, we used her GPS. It got all the directions right...but on a delay. It would say, "Turn right on Market Street...turn right on Walnut Street" about twenty seconds after we'd made the turns.

It was very, very annoying.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:27 am

I hate when someone you care about is upset and you just want to make them feel better Sad Sigh. Sorry about that, just had to get that out.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 pm

So tired of snow, I wish it all to disappear right now in this instant!
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:57 am

Right I've done something really stupid... I was booking to go home and on the booking it asked how many bags I had and I thought it was hand baggage (I just need hand baggage) but it was checked baggage. So I have been charged of course for checked in bags which I won't have.

Anyone think I'll get my money back?

Going to call them tomorrow but I could actually cry, this is because I have got so stressed this week and haven't been thinking right.

Edit: resolved. I am not getting my money back. I hate Ryanair.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum