Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

+61
phantom5251
Riene
RichardN86
Irina de France
ChristineDaae1982
Phantomess
Scorp
todaaefor
mesadallas
demonsmoke
Countess of Rothes
MarySkater
SenorSwanky
LadyCDaae
jennyfair
FdelOpera
Bric
Modern Myth
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
lonely nightingale
MasqPhan
Brandon1351
Phantour
Paula74
stephantom53
phantom10906
ladygodiva
CrimsonAvenger
Mme Reyer
EarlFan
London-Phan
sk8phan
justin-from-barbados
NightRachel
Raphael
operafantomet
Callie Daae
Masqueradelove
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
AngelOfMusic325
Becky
AlwaysChristine
purplehaze93
Viscountess
InkedAlchemist
robhawkins
Cape Twirl of Doom
ravnquest1
phan101
alaron
ML6
Reverie
thegenuinebeauty
MajesticPhantom
mona lisa
Stephanie
auctioneer
Madame Giry
Phantom on a Budget
alaron4
StrangerThanUDreamt
65 posters

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 12 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  Callie Daae Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm

So to send Sierra Boggess fan mail I put this?

Sierra Boggess
Majestic Theatre
247 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Callie Daae
Callie Daae

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 12 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 am

yes, that will work.

Back to top Go down

Post  Masqueradelove Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Masqueradelove wrote:I got tickets for my birthday to see it first time on Broadway I have only watches the film and seen parts of the musical but fell in love with it when i was 12 so I'm really excited

When i see it on Feb. 25th Samantha Hill the understudy will be performing since she does it on Mondays anyone know how she is as Christine
Very Happy
Masqueradelove
Masqueradelove

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Masqueradelove wrote:When i see it on Feb. 25th Samantha Hill the understudy will be performing since she does it on Mondays anyone know how she is as Christine
Very Happy
Samantha Hill is not the understudy but the alternate, which means she has fixed days she performs. The understudy doesn't have fixed days, they go on whenever someone is sick. Samantha Hill has gotten really positive buzz online, in Tumblr and in forums. Pure voice, fresh portrayal. Or so they say, I haven't seen her myself. I hope you'll share your thoughts with us when you've seen her!

So to send Sierra Boggess fan mail I put this?

Sierra Boggess
Majestic Theatre
247 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
If you want to take it to the next level, I suggest you put the card to Sierra Boggess in an own envelope, with her name on it, and includes a prepaid return envelope with stamps and your address (if you want an answer, that is). You then put this in a larger envelope, and write:

The Majestic Theatre
att: The stage manager
247 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036

It's also nice of you to include a small note to the stage manager, asking them to forward the envelope to Sierra Boggess, and thankingt them for their time and effort.

You don't HAVE to do it this way of course, but when I've been involved in productions I've found that the stage manager is usually the best person to deal with when it comes to fan correspondence. Very Happy
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:49 pm

new Sierra photos on the FB page, but I'm too lazy to check if the photoshopping has spread to the US, one or 2 look a bit 'odd' though, like it could be the old 'swap the head' routine.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:new Sierra photos on the FB page, but I'm too lazy to check if the photoshopping has spread to the US, one or 2 look a bit 'odd' though, like it could be the old 'swap the head' routine.
The boat one is photoshopped; her head is cut out from the solo one of her sitting in the boat with the cloak around her. I tried to point it out in an only semi-snarky way over there:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151651965739689&set=a.10151651965314689.612390.55494929688&type=1&theater

In general very nice photos, though.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 pm

for sure, esp. the background, but i let photoshopping the boat scene background slide as it makes it more atmospheric. There is one in the MOTN pose though that almost looks like they used her face from the earlier Vegas ones
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:for sure, esp. the background, but i let photoshopping the boat scene background slide as it makes it more atmospheric. There is one in the MOTN pose though that almost looks like they used her face from the earlier Vegas ones
I don't know if I misunderstand you, but I didn't mean to say the background was photoshopped. I meant to say they had cut Sierra Boggess' head out of a previous boat photo and pasted it into the boat photo with Hugh Panaro. You can see which one in the link I posted.

I see what you mean about the MOTN one. But I wonder if it's just her facial expression reminding of the Vegas ones. I haven't found an exact match, and also her wig in the Broadway shots is without the little curly bangs on the forehead, while her Vegas wig had those.

Sad to see the lame photoshopping has reached Broadway, though. Kinda interesting that it happened when The Majestic got some new London management on board...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm

oh sorry, yes i know you were talking about her in the boat, i meant the candelabra in the background and the extra blue light, otherwise the background is usually just black, sort of makes it look a bit more interesting
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm really curious to see how Panaro and Boggess play off each other. From what I've seen of him, Panaro gives off a sinister, predatory edge in the first lair sequence, and I've felt that Boggess needs to acknowledge the creepy aspect of that scene a bit more. (Then again, having a Christine oblivious to the creepy could make the whole thing even darker...)

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 pm

I have to agree with LCD that Sierra - from what I've seen - just seems to "into" the first lair scene and that doesn't really work quite right for me. I want Christine to be into it because of the trance, but I want that willingness balanced by moments of consciousness where she has at least glimmer of realization that...hey, wait a minute...something isn't right here!

Anyhow, for anyone interested in the really, really technical aspects of the show, Stage Direction Magazine has a piece.

http://www.stage-directions.com/current-issue/55-light-on-the-subject/4828-a-quarter-century-tune-up.html
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Exactly. I like it when Christine is attracted to the Phantom--sometimes in spite of herself--but Sierra just gives in too easily. It's not full-on zombie mode, but it does have that same effect of keeping the scene at one level. She can play the fear in that relationship, and does in the later parts of the show, but it needs to be there earlier.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Sandra Joseph asked that I share some exciting news with you. Her Behind the Mask Radio project will begin on 1/26 on her site in celebration of the Broadway production's 25th anniversary. It will be a series of revealing conversations with past and present stars of The Phantom of the Opera. To register and to learn more information, you can visit the site here: http://www.behindthemaskradio.com/

Interviewees include Ron Bohmer, Gary Mauer, Howard McGillin, Brianne Kelly Morgan, Susan Owen and Kyle Barisich. And several other exciting interviewees will likely be added.

Please spread the word. Smile
Stephanie
Stephanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Masqueradelove Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Samantha Hill is not the understudy but the alternate, which means she has fixed days she performs. The understudy doesn't have fixed days, they go on whenever someone is sick. Samantha Hill has gotten really positive buzz online, in Tumblr and in forums. Pure voice, fresh portrayal. Or so they say, I haven't seen her myself. I hope you'll share your thoughts with us when you've s

I will totally tell you all when i go i hope she's as good as they say or better
Masqueradelove
Masqueradelove

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 am

According to the Broadway productions facebook page, all the evening performances for the coming week of Jan 21-26 are being conducted by David Caddick. Smile
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 am

oh my, part of me wants to walk with my OLC CD booklet and see if he would sign it after intermission
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:07 am

^ I second that! Also via the official Phantom facebook page a brand new commemorative 25th Anniversary Program/Brochure will be for sale AFTER the show on Jan 26th; I know where I will be rushing to after curtain call/speeches
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:04 am

StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:^ I second that! Also via the official Phantom facebook page a brand new commemorative 25th Anniversary Program/Brochure will be for sale AFTER the show on Jan 26th; I know where I will be rushing to after curtain call/speeches

Dang, I may have to slip some money to the folks going to that then...

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:
StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:^ I second that! Also via the official Phantom facebook page a brand new commemorative 25th Anniversary Program/Brochure will be for sale AFTER the show on Jan 26th; I know where I will be rushing to after curtain call/speeches

Dang, I may have to slip some money to the folks going to that then...

~LCD

Just going from experience, I wonder if they mean literally after the performance that night or if they will start selling them at the beginning of the following performance week. Because, at the record-breaking performance in 2006, they didn't sell them. Everyone with a ticket had a complimentary program (and little feathered mask) waiting at their seat and there were no program sellers out before or after the performance. I don't even remember the lobby merchandise kiosks being opened at all, though I was too busy having an "OMG THAT'S VICTOR GARBER OVER THERE" moment.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 pm

^Im not for certain, all I know is the word from the POTO facebook page said they will be for sale at the end of the performance on Jan 26th.

I am happy to announce that a brand-new Souvenir Brochure featuirng the entire 25th Anniversary Broadway Cast will be available starting after the special performance. It's quite special and we hope you'll agree.

And some of the new 25th anniversary merch is starting to make its way online! http://www.playbillstore.com/phofopbrmune.html

So far just a couple of items, but I'm loving the new t-shirt design.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm

I;m wondering if the playbill with the special cover will ONLY be at the saturday show or if they will use it for a few days after
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 pm

"What new surprises lie in store???"
**25TH ANNIVERSARY TICKET UPDATE!**

You've been asking! We've been listening! And here's an announcement on tickets for this Saturday's Gala Performance!

And you're hearing here FIRST on this page, as a way to offer more opportunities for PHANS additional chances to attend!

**TODAY, TUESDAY, JANUARY 22 at 3:30 PM**
We'll be releasing a limited number of tickets for sale for this Saturday's 6:30 PM Gala Performance. They'll be for sale via Telecharge and in person at the box office.

Good luck and we hope to see YOU there!
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:"What new surprises lie in store???"
**25TH ANNIVERSARY TICKET UPDATE!**

You've been asking! We've been listening! And here's an announcement on tickets for this Saturday's Gala Performance!

And you're hearing here FIRST on this page, as a way to offer more opportunities for PHANS additional chances to attend!

**TODAY, TUESDAY, JANUARY 22 at 3:30 PM**
We'll be releasing a limited number of tickets for sale for this Saturday's 6:30 PM Gala Performance. They'll be for sale via Telecharge and in person at the box office.

Good luck and we hope to see YOU there!

Okay.
Thanks, Stranger, for posting this news here from the FB page.
Hmm...I think I'll try to get myself a ticket and take my chances.
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 pm

phantom10906 wrote:According to the Broadway productions facebook page, all the evening performances for the coming week of Jan 21-26 are being conducted by David Caddick. Smile

How cool! Is Mr Caddick as dishy as he was back in the 80s?

And apparently there will be no ALW there, so no-one has to worry about him saying something that will make everyone's eyes roll. I remember last time he made a speech at the Majestic he asked everyone to follow a certain twitter account that spewed out incorrect Latin... Rolling Eyes I hope Hal will be there!
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mme Reyer Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I got a ticket!! So excited!! Is there going to be a Phan meet up on the 26th??
Mme Reyer
Mme Reyer

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Excellent interview of Hal Prince regarding his storied career, and PotO in particular. I particularly love this quote, which I think illustrates why he did so well with this show:

I’ve always loved Victorian melodrama. And I’ve always liked larger-than-life theater, providing it’s truthful and honest. I like what the theater can provide in energy and bombast—I enjoy it when it’s large, and by that I don’t mean in size, I mean in emotions. Shakespeare did that.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Mme Reyer wrote:I got a ticket!! So excited!! Is there going to be a Phan meet up on the 26th??

Me too, Mme Reyer! I too was able to purchase a ticket today for the gala performance! I have the ticket in my hand! Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate so I'll be able to actually attend the performance. Smile

As for a Phan meet-up on the 26th, that's what I was wondering about too. I haven't heard anything yet.

Okay...I know this is a long shot because it's kinda last minute, but I gotta ask just on the off chance...is there any fellow Phan staying in NYC in need of a hotel roommate and wouldn't mind sharing their room for Friday night only?
I'll be in NYC both days (Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th), and it would be a bit easier for me to just stay in the city overnight on the Friday night, esp if it meant sharing the cost of a hotel room with someone. Otherwise I'll have to take a bus back home to NJ on Friday and then take another bus back into the city on Saturday (which may prove a bit of a hassle with any inclement weather).
If not, that's okay. Just thought I'd ask anyway.
If you want to contact me off this forum, please email me at Angel91002@aol.com

Last edited by NightRachel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add my email address)
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm

heading over to the box office first thing today, hopefully they still have atleast 1 left
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:Excellent interview of Hal Prince regarding his storied career, and PotO in particular. I particularly love this quote, which I think illustrates why he did so well with this show:

I’ve always loved Victorian melodrama. And I’ve always liked larger-than-life theater, providing it’s truthful and honest. I like what the theater can provide in energy and bombast—I enjoy it when it’s large, and by that I don’t mean in size, I mean in emotions. Shakespeare did that.

~LCD
I think this touches a nerve in me. I discussed that with another Phantom fan the other day - how both the original version and the Vegas version goes straight to my heart and connects with my emotional side, while the non-replica versions merely appeals to my intellect. With the Hungarian production and the new UK tour I like ideas, I think stuff is clever, I see what the mean - but I don't feel anything. And when thinking of my favourite musicals 3 of 5 on my top 5 list were directed by Hal Prince. I think the fullblown larger-than-life approach of his is much to blame.

It's also what I like about Maria Bjørnson. Someone wrote about her that "She was never afraid of great beauty". There's a great deal of truth in that both for Maria B. and Hal Prince.

But holy moly, there's so many Deserted Phan'ers attending the 25th anniversary on Broadway! That is so-so-so awesome! Anyone seeing additional performances?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 pm

well i went this morning first thing and i guess the few tickets they had are gone, so i guess i will be watching form the sidewalk Crying or Very sad
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next