Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

+61
phantom5251
Riene
RichardN86
Irina de France
ChristineDaae1982
Phantomess
Scorp
todaaefor
mesadallas
demonsmoke
Countess of Rothes
MarySkater
SenorSwanky
LadyCDaae
jennyfair
FdelOpera
Bric
Modern Myth
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
lonely nightingale
MasqPhan
Brandon1351
Phantour
Paula74
stephantom53
phantom10906
ladygodiva
CrimsonAvenger
Mme Reyer
EarlFan
London-Phan
sk8phan
justin-from-barbados
NightRachel
Raphael
operafantomet
Callie Daae
Masqueradelove
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
AngelOfMusic325
Becky
AlwaysChristine
purplehaze93
Viscountess
InkedAlchemist
robhawkins
Cape Twirl of Doom
ravnquest1
phan101
alaron
ML6
Reverie
thegenuinebeauty
MajesticPhantom
mona lisa
Stephanie
auctioneer
Madame Giry
Phantom on a Budget
alaron4
StrangerThanUDreamt
65 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 7 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:52 am

I saw Ron Bohmer play the Phantom in March 1998. I remember he took our city by storm, and was absolutely spell binding. A really good presence, voice, and emotionally compelling interpretation. He was very physically engaging!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 7 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  purplehaze93 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 pm

That's what i've been thinking lately...he really is fantastic. It's too bad he doesn't get more recognition. DOes anyone know why he didn't really reprise or stay in the role? He couldn't have been in it for too long.
purplehaze93
purplehaze93

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:22 pm

In regards to ticketing for the 25th Anniversary performance this was posted by Mike Borowski on the official POTO NY facebook page

While I can't yet reveal details for the 25th Anniversary or ticketing, what I CAN say is that there will be a way for phans to get tickets. A large part of the house will be for our incredible alumni, but we always strive to have the faithful there to enjoy.

There will be a "way" ? I'm wondering if this means it'll be some sort of drawing or contest of sorts ...because the question asked was if tickets would be on sale to the general public aka "phans" for the performance. I'm also figuring that whatever seats are made available in whatever form to the phans won't be in the orchestra or even possibly floor level...
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 pm

StrangerThanUDreamt wrote:In regards to ticketing for the 25th Anniversary performance this was posted by Mike Borowski on the official POTO NY facebook page

While I can't yet reveal details for the 25th Anniversary or ticketing, what I CAN say is that there will be a way for phans to get tickets. A large part of the house will be for our incredible alumni, but we always strive to have the faithful there to enjoy.

There will be a "way" ? I'm wondering if this means it'll be some sort of drawing or contest of sorts ...because the question asked was if tickets would be on sale to the general public aka "phans" for the performance. I'm also figuring that whatever seats are made available in whatever form to the phans won't be in the orchestra or even possibly floor level...

Thanks for posting this news!
Well, I kinda hope it's not going to be a drawing or contest (since I never seem to win those things), but I guess we'll have to wait and see. And yeah, I'll bet any tickets made available to the fans will be in the mezzanine (namely mid and rear mezz...probably not even front mezz).
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Still no word on when they're finally going to announce the full cast, but Kyle took part in the recent photoshoot with Sierra.

So, I'd say that pretty much confirms that he's staying for the anniversary.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Paula74 wrote:Still no word on when they're finally going to announce the full cast, but Kyle took part in the recent photoshoot with Sierra.

So, I'd say that pretty much confirms that he's staying for the anniversary.
HIM they keep?!??

OK. No need for that kind of outbursts, I guess. As always, kind and cool person, I just don't care for his stage performance. Of the Raouls I've seen live, he's very far down on my list. I was convinced that with all the "let-go-ing" they're doing he would maybe not appear in the top billing of the anniversary. But it might just be my taste in Raouls which is different from the casting folks. I still can't sit through 2 hours with Hadley Fraser's Raoul.

As always, thanks for the news tidbits. Also glad to hear there WILL be an amount of tickets for the fans and phans.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

They have announced more changes, so the cast will be...

Phantom- Hugh Panaro
Christine- Sierra Boggess (Samantha Hill)
Raoul- Kyle Barisich
Andre- Jim Weitzer
Firmin- Tim Jerome
Carlotta-Michelle McConnell
Giry- Ellen Harvey
Piangi- Chris Sebeck
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 pm

MajesticPhantom wrote:They have announced more changes, so the cast will be...

Phantom- Hugh Panaro
Christine- Sierra Boggess (Samantha Hill)
Raoul- Kyle Barisich
Andre- Jim Weitzer
Firmin- Tim Jerome
Carlotta-Michelle McConnell
Giry- Ellen Harvey
Piangi- Chris Sebeck
A tiny switcharoo on Raoul and André, and I would be really happy. Anyhow, very thrilled to have Hugh Panaro and Michele McConnell there, and intrigued to see this combo overall.

Who is Meg, the? Left out from the principal list again...
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantour Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 pm

I read that Meg will be Kara Klein. I'm interested to hear how Jim Weitzer does in the role of Monsieur Andre. That leaves an opening for M. Reyer. I would love if they'd ask Ted Keegan to come back to reprise the role. I'm also interested in hearing Sierra Boggess opposite of Kyle Barisch. He seemed like a lovable, dorky Raoul when I saw him in Toronto. It will be a nice change for her opposed to the harsh Raouls she's worked with recently.
Phantour
Phantour

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:04 am

Sierra? They announced Marni Raab. I'm really excited about Samantha Hill and the return of Tim Jerome, who is one of, if not the, best Firmins ever.

I liked Barisich's Raoul. Reminded me of Sean McLaughlin, who's one of my favorites.

I'd rather they switched out the Phantom, but I can understand keeping Hugh in there through the anniversary.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:42 am

I asked this the other day when we had the Representative on the PotO Broadway page:

Is there a chance that, like the West End show, we will start seeing European actors take the role of the Phantom (or perhaps Christine) on the Broadway stage?

His response:

Terrific question. Without giving anything away, I think you surely will...

So. We can start speculating in terms of Phantom (and Christine).
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:15 am

SenorSwanky wrote:Sierra? They announced Marni Raab.

I am aware, Senor. I was referring to what the cast will be.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:33 am

ML6 wrote:I asked this the other day when we had the Representative on the PotO Broadway page:

Is there a chance that, like the West End show, we will start seeing European actors take the role of the Phantom (or perhaps Christine) on the Broadway stage?

His response:

Terrific question. Without giving anything away, I think you surely will...

So. We can start speculating in terms of Phantom (and Christine).

Two words: Peter Karrie. Nuff said.
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Thank goodness! I think they're seeing some potential rejuvenation in cross-cultural exchange.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:49 pm

all this talk about posibly bringing in a UK phantom would be nice, but I would believe it when i see it happen. Just going by what I hear about other people coming in to Broadway in other shows, it does not seem like something that is easily done, perhaps the process is too long and full of too much red tape to be worth the hastle for the company managers. Not to mention that if said swap was done, we probably would end up with a more recent London Phantom, and though I am not a huge fan of any recent London Phantoms, JOJ, if he is up for it would proably be the only one worth seeing (he did have a brief go in Les Mis)

I'd just rather them cast someone new and fresh with a major powerhouse vocal when Hugh leaves
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Anthony Warlow?

I've been gone most of the month, so what's the deal? Marni is just a placeholder, and Sierra is coming in before the anniversary performance? Has that been officially announced, or just speculated?
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 pm

basically, Marni starts November, Sierra comes in sometime in January, not sure for how long or what will happen when she leaves.

Warlowe would be nice, but in a recent interview he says he is going back to Oz as soon as Annie contract is done (work permit and all that)
personally I would love for him to do Phantom in NYC, just seems doubtful to go through all that paperwork
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Also, I don't understand the idea that it'll be weird to see Sierra not with Ramin. She performed for at least a year with two other principal Phantoms and two or three understudies before she ever came into contact with Ramin, and she and Ramin only performed together in that one concert weekend. Question
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:04 pm

some freaky fans are like that ( dont forget LND they were together there aswell)
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:05 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:some freaky fans are like that ( dont forget LND they were together there aswell)
Yeah, but that doesn't count. I'd totally forgotten about that, thankfully.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:18 pm

lol, i do at times also, i like LND and all, but i focus on the aussie version and ignore London alltogether
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm

I've missed Phantom milestones too many times in the past, even missed the whole Vegas production, so have decided to put my foot down and to to NYC for the anniversary week. I just hope that they do open some tickets to the public and that they are not at a hyped up price, or that they are given out in some sort of lottery, online draw, competition (that i would always loose) I really want to go to an actual special performance for once.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:I've missed Phantom milestones too many times in the past, even missed the whole Vegas production, so have decided to put my foot down and to to NYC for the anniversary week. I just hope that they do open some tickets to the public and that they are not at a hyped up price, or that they are given out in some sort of lottery, online draw, competition (that i would always loose) I really want to go to an actual special performance for once.

Yep, ditto for me! Smile
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:36 pm

i just really hope it wont be like jumping through hoops or anything, with some sort of "are you a phan" competition

although, if say they only release the back of the mez to the public, it might go fairly fast, and some to 'joe blo' who doesnt really realise it is a special show
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  Mme Reyer Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Ditto. I'd make plans to come if I knew I could get a seat!
Mme Reyer
Mme Reyer

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 pm

YAY, i'm officially booked to be in the city for that weekend, now I hope they sell some tickets to the public.

wish oh wish i could get a backstage tour (understage especially) if only i knew how to go about getting one of those, hint, hint
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 pm

More news on Sierras limited engagement as Christine in the Broadway production
Sierra's engagement with the Broadway cast, already announced to start the week of January 21, is now confirmed through March 2. That's six weeks to see her in the show!
The Christine playing schedule will have Sierra's 6 regular performances each week as Tue eves, Weds eves, Thurs eves, Fri eves, Sat mats and Sat eves. During this time, the Christine Alternate (Samantha Hill) will play Mon eves and Weds mats

And there was a photo-shoot done at the Majestic in October, this is the only picture released so far
The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 7 177237_10151521171689689_1532720825_o
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm

can;t wait to see her (well both actually)
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Unfortunately my trip schedule means there's no way I can see Hill...ah well, happy to be going!

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks, Stranger, for posting the news about Sierra's schedule for playing Christine in the Bdwy production. I just hope I get a ticket to see her in the gala Phantom 25th performance on Jan 26th -- that's what I'm aiming for. Smile
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next