Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas

+30
TwelveInchTailor
EvilAshLives
stephantom53
phantomsangel
Loettchen
PhantomOfTheSalle
NightRachel
phantom10906
ML6
ladygodiva
littlelotty004
MajesticPhantom
Phantom on a Budget
Scorp
HerMajesty
charleygirl
Devon
StrangerThanUDreamt
Aria Clements
MasqPhan
TheFinnishPhantom
meglett
Stephanie
LadyCDaae
AlwaysChristine
Melly
Raphael
operafantomet
Viscountess
Madame Giry
34 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Empty Re: Phantom costumes - real and replicas

Post  ML6 Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:16 am

Gotta say, Viscountess, I'm going to look like a queen in it. (I promise to post pictures of me in full costume in a month or two.) bounce
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Empty Re: Phantom costumes - real and replicas

Post  Melly Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

I agree! It's so perfect I like it! I still have to make my dressing gown. Gah!

I return just to say that.. IT'S FINISHED! (yeah I spam every website just to say my joy!) It's been so long to finish it! I had many costumes to do this year that this dress has been waiting for some months before being finished :S

The whole adventure is on my blog: http://dentelleetsatin.blogspot.com

Very Happy

Last edited by Melly on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melly
Melly

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Lovely! Thanks for all the pics!

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Awesome job, Melly -- it looks beautiful!
I wish I had the kind of talent (like you have) to make costumes like that -- I envy you! Smile
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 am

Melly, it's spectacular. It's just... wow. I love the job you did with that fabric. Looking forward to see photos of it in you-know-where!!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:53 am

Many of you have probably seen this on my FB costume page, but anyway... The Sylvan Glade costume is finished:

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Th_sylphidetiara_zpsc5346033 Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Th_sylphideribbons_zpsb7cfd762 Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Th_sylphidefront_zpsa2425e47 Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Th_sylphideflowers_zps1ac195f0 Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Th_sylphidedonefront_zpsdf910ee2 Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Th_sylphidedoneback_zps45f6e1ac Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Th_sylphidefinished

Only thing left is the floral headgear. I'm working on that now. Once again I've come to appreciate the insane amounts of details on Maria Bjørnson's creations. Every little part has a drape, a trim, a pleat, a different fabric. I worked a long time on trying to make the flowers look "casual" in placement, and to get as many green and pink shade into it as possible. The whole looks rather unison, but the shades side by side are fairly different. It gives a rich look. To be honest, I'm happy with the result and wish now I made it in my size... I made it to finance my Las Vegas trip, and hence I made it smaller to be easier to sell, but didn't finish it in time.

A bit more here: http://aneafiles.webs.com/sylphide.html
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Melly, that's beautiful! The train looks great. Love the bow and the appliques! It's so exciting to see that fabric in use!
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Excellent job on both of your costumes, Melly and Anea! They came out nicely! What will you guys tackle next?
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 am

ML6 wrote:Excellent job on both of your costumes, Melly and Anea! They came out nicely! What will you guys tackle next?
Thank you for the nice words. Any suggestions on what costume to do next? Very Happy

On my maybe list is Carlotta's red second act dress (but the MATERIALS NEEDED!), the Mandarin coat (someone on this board has asked me about it), the Phantom's cloak, Meg's Gypsy costume and a new dressing gown for myself. But I could always make the list longer...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Well, Anea, I have to admit that I love love love Carlotta's dresses, although I would also be interested to see some Don Juan stuff done. Maybe Carlotta's Don Juan dress. There are some cool outfits in that scene, but not a lot of attention is paid to them.

On a different note, I really wanted to do a snowy photoshoot for the Wishing Dress, so I dragged it out of the closet, brushed it off, and waded through a foot of snow, only to find all the snow had already melted off of the tree branches, so the "Winter Wonderland" look is kind of missing. Bummer. Anyway, thought I'd share.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Allthatyoudreamedthumb Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Helpmesaygoodbyesmallthumb

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Coldandmomumentalthumbl Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Bcb5c6c2-e1bb-4160-ab73-56745f1e5958

I used a wig this time, borrowed from my friend. I'm really grateful to her. I think the wig adds a lot to the character look.
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Loettchen wrote:Well, Anea, I have to admit that I love love love Carlotta's dresses, although I would also be interested to see some Don Juan stuff done. Maybe Carlotta's Don Juan dress. There are some cool outfits in that scene, but not a lot of attention is paid to them.

On a different note, I really wanted to do a snowy photoshoot for the Wishing Dress, so I dragged it out of the closet, brushed it off, and waded through a foot of snow, only to find all the snow had already melted off of the tree branches, so the "Winter Wonderland" look is kind of missing. Bummer. Anyway, thought I'd share.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Allthatyoudreamedthumb Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Helpmesaygoodbyesmallthumb

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Coldandmomumentalthumbl Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Bcb5c6c2-e1bb-4160-ab73-56745f1e5958

I used a wig this time, borrowed from my friend. I'm really grateful to her. I think the wig adds a lot to the character look.

Ooooh, how gorgeous. I agree that the wig adds a lot. But the dress itself, and the landscape, and you - it all adds to the photos. I especially love number three, full shot, standing up.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:18 am

Fantastic photoshoot, Loettchen! Smile
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:42 am

Anea, you should do the Mandarin coat! It's something new and it has so much interesting embroidery!

Loettchen! wow, what a gorgeous photoshoot. Do you happen to know by any chance who makes the wig? I need a Christine wig and I've been searching all over for the right one.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 am

Loettchen wrote:Well, Anea, I have to admit that I love love love Carlotta's dresses, although I would also be interested to see some Don Juan stuff done. Maybe Carlotta's Don Juan dress. There are some cool outfits in that scene, but not a lot of attention is paid to them.

Awesome pics and great costume! cheers

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 am

ML6, the wig is "Diana" from Amphigory Wigs - http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_diana3.html
It worked well for the shoot and was comfortable, but I would warn that it has a bit of an unnatural hairline and fairly thick, frizzy curls. I had to do a lot of pinning to tame it, and I'm not sure how well it would hold up for close-ups. Sorry for the slow reply!

Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 am

ML6 wrote:Anea, you should do the Mandarin coat! It's something new and it has so much interesting embroidery!
I am very, very, very tempted to give that one a go...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Operation Red Death overhaul is a go! Starting from square one (minus the shoes and hat). Whee.... Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:09 am

phantomfett wrote:Operation Red Death overhaul is a go!  Starting from square one (minus the shoes and hat).  Whee.... Shocked 
**insert dramatic music** !!!

Well, it's only one year since you tackled it last, helped by immense amounts of coffee, so it's about time. Razz 
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:26 pm

This isn't tweaking things and finishing it up...This is a no-kidding overhaul. Behold the to-do list:

Make a brand new set of pants--the pattern has changed quite a bit since the initial assembly in 2004. Going to start from square one and fix the issues with the foundation. There are also some design details I'd like to change up. I'll be re-using all trims that are on the current pants.

The doublet pattern is also faulty. I didn't make the doublet long enough. Rather than piece extra fabric in, I'm going to start over on the doublet, as well. The angle on the chevrons must also be changed (per Sam Fleming notes).

I also need to fix the sleeves. The sleeve pattern at the shoulder seam isn't correct, but it needs the arm hole on the doublet to match. The pattern isn't the main work load on the sleeves, though...the bulk of the work is going to be taking the sleeves apart (again!) to get the trims properly attached and sealed in. Oh, and I got a new fabric for half of the piping, so I have to completely disassemble the sleeves so I can install the new piping (96 pieces). sigh...

Then there's a bunch of little things that need to be finished up (cape, mask, hat...)

So, hopefully it won't take too long to fix the issues with the costume. I'm ready to be done with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Ok...this overhaul is going to take forever...The only thing I've been able to accomplish is re-organizing my pin cushion and cleaning my craft room. Granted, I've been working on a different costume for someone for Halloween (almost done!), and some candelabras that are hogging all of my floorspace...once those are done, though--game on!

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:45 am

I'm excited to see your new Red Death, Phantomfett. The old one is so great, I can only imagine what the overhaul will look like!

And speaking of Red Deaths, I totally forgot I did this photoshoot months ago (yes, I do a lot of photoshoots) and was just sitting on the pictures. The Christine is my good friend (costume made by her), and my cousin is wearing my Meg. We had resisted doing a Masquerade photoshoot for a long time due to lack of a fitting location, but we finally found one! So I figured I'd share, as usual. Oh, and I threw in some Carlottas from the same shoot. You can click on the thumbs for the larger versions.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Neverthumb  Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Fondlythumb Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Foyerthumb

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Masqthumb  Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Touchthumb

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Finishedscorethumb Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Chainsthumbl

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Fleethumb   Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Momentthumb
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Empty my own costume

Post  stephantom53 Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 pm

some pics of my own costume which includes real prosthetic too,took me years to get right
Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Dscf6110

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Dscf6111

and me in the thomaz replica mask

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 Dscf6112

stephantom53
stephantom53

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomsangel Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:15 am

Wonderful job! How long did it take you to perfect the deformity makeup? It's outstanding!
phantomsangel
phantomsangel

http://ohmadchristine.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stephantom53 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 pm

phantomsangel wrote:Wonderful job!  How long did it take you to perfect the deformity makeup? It's outstanding!
there proper ones i got of a friend,felt very proud wearing them lol
stephantom53
stephantom53

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilAshLives Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:13 pm

Here's a current picture of my costume:

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 <a href=Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0652-1-1-1b_zps97349c75" />

EvilAshLives

EvilAshLives

Back to top Go down

Post  stephantom53 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:30 pm

EvilAshLives wrote:Here's a current picture of my costume:

pretty cool indeed,did you wn the cloak of ebay not long ago?

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 <a href=Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0652-1-1-1b_zps97349c75" />

EvilAshLives
stephantom53
stephantom53

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilAshLives Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:31 am

<<pretty cool indeed, did you win the cloak on ebay not long ago?>>

Thank you!  No, I've had the cape for a few years now.  I gave Jan the design specifications and picked out the beaded applique, and she made the cape for me; she then started offering them on ebay.  In fact, she uses pictures of me in the cape for her ebay auctions.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 6-30-12a_zpsb913204a

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 6-30-12b_zps275e8986

EvilAshLives

EvilAshLives

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:36 am

EvilAshLives, FANTASTIC costume!! I especially like the old school look (which, if you know anything about me, you'd know is a major compliment Wink )
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilAshLives Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:26 pm

operafantomet wrote:EvilAshLives, FANTASTIC costume!! I especially like the old school look (which, if you know anything about me, you'd know is a major compliment Wink)

Thank you very much - I appreciate it!!  I've done a few modifications since these pics - I hope to post new pictures soon of the complete costume.  In the meantime, here are a couple headshots and a few pics of my 2 Crawford replica masks.  

By the way, I'm the one who submitted the question to you requesting a detailed analysis of the Phantom's costume - I'm very much looking forward to your reply!

EvilAshLives

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0769b_zps0e7b34fd

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0768b_zps95276057

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0781b_zps48ed6aa6

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0779b_zpsc9719338

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0784b_zpsbd539f78

EvilAshLives

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilAshLives Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Here are a couple more pics of my modified tux.  Again, I'm trying to get this as close to Michael Crawford's costume as possible (within my limited budget), hence the unique double-button pattern on the shirt and the shape of the bowtie/cravat (the bowtie/cravat was custom made, as was the vest).  I had velvet added to the top collar of the tailcoat, black satin lining added to the interior, and replaced the buttons to follow the pattern and number on Crawford's costume.  Enjoy!

EvilAshLives

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0804b_zps6430ef37

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 8 IMAG0806b_zps76fce866

EvilAshLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next