Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom costumes - real and replicas

+30
TwelveInchTailor
EvilAshLives
stephantom53
phantomsangel
Loettchen
PhantomOfTheSalle
NightRachel
phantom10906
ML6
ladygodiva
littlelotty004
MajesticPhantom
Phantom on a Budget
Scorp
HerMajesty
charleygirl
Devon
StrangerThanUDreamt
Aria Clements
MasqPhan
TheFinnishPhantom
meglett
Stephanie
LadyCDaae
AlwaysChristine
Melly
Raphael
operafantomet
Viscountess
Madame Giry
34 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Empty Re: Phantom costumes - real and replicas

Post  charleygirl Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Madame Giry wrote:So I was poking around on Tumblr and looking at Phantom stuff and...

From: http://betsyphan.tumblr.com/post/20105200998/the-warehouse-where-phantom-costumes-are-stored

That's my holiday plans sorted, then. Wink
charleygirl
charleygirl

http://www.charleygirl.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Empty Re: Phantom costumes - real and replicas

Post  Viscountess Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Working on a Meg Degas costume. Does anyone have any idea how the closure on the skirt works? Is it a waistband/snap button/zipper combo? Or is it actually elastic? From the pictures I've seen, it could go either way.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:06 am

Viscountess wrote:Working on a Meg Degas costume. Does anyone have any idea how the closure on the skirt works? Is it a waistband/snap button/zipper combo? Or is it actually elastic? From the pictures I've seen, it could go either way.
It's an elastic band with hooks and eyes and one snap.
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

meglett wrote:
Viscountess wrote:Working on a Meg Degas costume. Does anyone have any idea how the closure on the skirt works? Is it a waistband/snap button/zipper combo? Or is it actually elastic? From the pictures I've seen, it could go either way.
THANK YOU! Very Happy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:59 pm

meglett wrote:
You would know. Smile
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Melly Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:27 am

I've got no time to work on the wishing dress since I'm working on a red victorian dress for a special event, but here's how the dress looks like for the moment ^^' I know, it has not changed a lot Razz

I've got all the trims and appliqués, I can say that now I've got everything at home to finish it Smile

even if I've made a corset to were with this dress, it looks already nice without it Very Happy

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Wish110

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Wish210
Melly
Melly

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Melly - The dress looks amazing so far!! It's beautiful.
Stephanie
Stephanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Melly Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks a lot ! I can't wait to finish it Smile
Melly
Melly

Back to top Go down

Post  charleygirl Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:36 pm

It is indeed looking gorgeous! Very Happy

Seeing all you talented people making these beautiful costumes really makes me wish I'd inherited my mother's dressmaking skills.
charleygirl
charleygirl

http://www.charleygirl.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Just put together a chatelaine for my Giry costume last night. Nothing too exciting, but it's progress. Smile

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Girychat

(and yes, I totally picked the Fleur-de-lys charm for obvious reasons, lol.)

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Melly, I am floored!!!!

And Madame Giry, that chatelaine rocks.

And because of you I just GOTTA sew something now... Smile
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:02 am

Ive been on the hunt for a complete Red Death costume for some time now, and was curious if anybody knows of any talented folks who could swing one, I realize it would cost $$$ but was curious if anybody has inside info/sources on someone who has done one before, and may be up for making one in time for halloween.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Nice work, Madame!

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Dcbc1672

The skirt is pretty much completely done. The only thing I need to do is cut a hem, but it’s something I don’t want to do until after the bodice is complete, otherwise I won’t really know how high or low that waistband is ultimately going to sit. (And my new dress form, her name is Echo. Smile )

Materials Used So Far:

7 Yards of cotton gauze
6 yards of tulle (three because I realized even if I used 20 yards, the three layers of cotton would still weigh it down too much)
6 yards of crinoline (THAT did the trick)

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 8c6f4163

Waistband closure.

Nooooooow, I'm trying to drape the pattern for the bodice and I have absolutely no idea what the back panels are supposed to look like. I can't tell if it's four or six or if they curve toward the bottom. I'm also trying to figure out which panels to cut on bias. Any input you guys have would be great!
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:42 am

Christine Masquerade silver Peter Fox boots, anyone?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/100641052/peter-fox-silver-steampunk-victorian

Smile

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  littlelotty004 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 am

Viscountess wrote:

Nooooooow, I'm trying to drape the pattern for the bodice and I have absolutely no idea what the back panels are supposed to look like. I can't tell if it's four or six or if they curve toward the bottom. I'm also trying to figure out which panels to cut on bias. Any input you guys have would be great!

This is the pattern that made me instantly think of Meg's Degas costume (you may have to alter the back a little Laughing )
Its from pg 120 and 121 of Period Costumes for Stage and Screen 1800-1909 by Jean Hunnisett
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/pictureofpattern.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/littlelotty004/pattern.jpg

hope it helps Wink

littlelotty004
littlelotty004

Back to top Go down

Post  HerMajesty Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Interesting Star Princess dress on stage in Leeds last night, a very basic version of the dress, much more like the Broadway version and definitely not the one worn in Manchester.

HerMajesty

Back to top Go down

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Empty christine daae wig

Post  ladygodiva Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 pm

http://timeaftertimedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/02/one-more-wig-to-add-to-site.html

https://www.etsy.com/listing/100085846/phantom-christine-wig

I did not know where to post this

Last edited by ladygodiva on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm so behind on posts. Playing catch up now.

Melly, that is spectacular. Really in awe. And wow, with it looking that good already, it doesn't matter if you have a corset or not.

Giry - Your chatelaine is going to be cool. I love stuff like this! So pretty.

Viscountess - I've seen some pics elsewhere of your Degas outfit and it is gorgeous. It's an outfit that on stage looks so simple but there's really so much to it. Always have loved it.

Those PF silver boots are cool. The wig is awesome but I could never afford it. So nicely done though.

I'm currently getting back to work on my Hannibal Slave Girl costume. Started it in 2006 so it's about time to get the crazy thing done. Crotch Tiara, here I come. lol
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:07 pm

MasqPhan wrote: Crotch Tiara, here I come. lol

Shocked Oh my! Laughing

Sounds like something Raph might say... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 am

So... how many DP members are frantically trying to finish their costumes for Vegas? Show of hands! Shocked

*raises hand*

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:43 am

Madame Giry wrote:So... how many DP members are frantically trying to finish their costumes for Vegas? Show of hands! Shocked

*raises hand*

~Madame~

MOI!!!

operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Me!!!!

Still got a ton of stuff to do...it's now being split up into "things that have to be done", "things that would be nice to have", and "shit that is just not gonna be done in time".

And since my time constraint wasn't severe enough, I dismantled my mask because the fit was annoying me. For those of you who saw it at Fans Week, remember how the jaw didn't work quite right? It's because when I assembled it, I accidentally secured it rotated too far forward such that my chin wasn't catching the inside of the jaw properly. I aim to fix that very shortly. And with the mask apart, I may have time for a quick redo of the paint job. All this while still having to assemble the sleeves (don't even know if the pattern works yet), attach peplums, construct waist bows (brocades are cut; need to stitch them together, cut out lace, attach trim and buttons...), finish tassels for cape, make a few masks for bears, ship my hat out...I sure hope I don't leave anything behind... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Just an update on my Giry cape as of right now. Still have to attach more beaded fringe to the other side of the front, and the back, and then added beaded appliques to the body (all hand-stitched, mind you...). Woohoo! Very Happy

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Girycape_fringe_sm

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 am

Raising my hand with those trying to finish costume. No wait! We WILL finish our costumes!

Madame Giry, that cape looks lovely. It's going to look so great with the whole costume.

Phantomfett - I have NO idea where you have the patience...
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Patience and time are both in short supply right now....

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:55 am

Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize. Keep the most important things on top Smile

That's how I've survived many a monster project.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 am

Bee-bopping in here to share an interesting costume pattern I found.

1888 Dress Pattern

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 X07880BURDA

ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:12 am

I debated doing a costume (I have an awful obsession with the hat/costume worn in "wandering child"), but decided I wouldnt have time to make one that I would be happy with, but I hope to see some phans in costume!
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Almost done with the Giry cape! I still have to do more tacking down of the beaded appliques, but you can get a good idea of what it will look like from these pics:

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Girycape1

Phantom costumes - real and replicas - Page 6 Girycape2

Getting excited! Very Happy

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next