Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broadway production + US tour

+62
AngelOfMusic325
Bunvendor
Perdita X. Nitt
Blaidd_Drwg
Phantomlove
ifonlyidont
Devon
PhantomsGhost
Liza1013
Amyable_Nature
toasterphantom
Ali
mauerite#5
MajesticPhantom
alaron4
maywood10
Deathshead1
PhantomofPhoenix
Loettchen
Chris Day
Phanatic1539
darthjones
Phantour
operaphan
TheMaskedLion
Miranda
ravnquest1
Rebecca
auctioneer
InkedAlchemist
justin-from-barbados
Christine's Shadow
ML6
Freyalise
Stephanie
Madame Giry
sk8phan
Scorp
The White Half-Mask
starryeyed
Becky
marvinrd
LadyCDaae
AngelofMusic
Demodiki
Callie Daae
phantomphan1992
Phantom on a Budget
Amberly_Nichole
Mme Reyer
Admin
aussiephan
phantom10906
phantomgirl110
MasqPhan
Cape Twirl of Doom
Viscountess
Paula74
Raphael
SenorSwanky
IamErik771
operafantomet
66 posters

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 28 Empty Re: The Broadway production + US tour

Post  Devon Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:34 am

operafantomet wrote:Thank you, CTOD!

Anyone in need of a current Broadway brochure? Or other merchandise from The Majestic? Slip me a note here or on FB, and if I see it in time I'll buy it. Kinda looking forward to the merchandise stuff myself... Smile

Not sure if you are still in NY, but I pm'd you on Facebook. :-)
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 28 Empty Re: The Broadway production + US tour

Post  operafantomet Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Devon wrote:

Anyone in need of a current Broadway brochure? Or other merchandise from The Majestic? Slip me a note here or on FB, and if I see it in time I'll buy it. Kinda looking forward to the merchandise stuff myself... Smile
I bought one extra, you can get that one. But I must say, the print is rather bad in the new brochures. The colours are washed out, and some of the typing appears.... not blurry, but definitely not sharp. Was a bit disappointed by that. But yes, I have a spare one, if you want it. It comes with a playbill.

Just want to say thank you to everyone helping me out with this NYC trip and my many questions. You all made the trip fantastic! I hope I can repay you some time. I'm working on a review. It will, as usual, be way too long. Smile
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:25 pm

It sounds like a fantastic experience Operafantomet. I can't wait to hear more about it and more about the costumes of course. Did you take any pics? I'm not envious, I am not envious, I am sooooo not envious..... albino afro

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:47 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Devon wrote:

I bought one extra, you can get that one. But I must say, the print is rather bad in the new brochures. The colours are washed out, and some of the typing appears.... not blurry, but definitely not sharp. Was a bit disappointed by that. But yes, I have a spare one, if you want it. It comes with a playbill.

Just want to say thank you to everyone helping me out with this NYC trip and my many questions. You all made the trip fantastic! I hope I can repay you some time. I'm working on a review. It will, as usual, be way too long. Smile

That's a shame that the new brochure isn't what you expected. :-( I'd still like it so I can file it away for myself though! PM me and let me know how much, etc. Thanks again, I really appreciate it! Hope to see many pictures and have fun on the rest of your vacation!
Devon
Devon

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:33 pm

I FINALLY got to met Soot yesterday! I yelled at him for having stood me up, but who could resist those eyes?

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 28 Soot1

And then one of his friends came and we took a nice, wholesome, not-at-all-embarrassing-for-the-dog-photo together:

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 28 Soot2

operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:05 am

Whelp, I'm booking a ticket to see it next Wednesday night on the Great White Way (again!)...thrilled to pieces!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Due to the safety of cast, crew and orchestra, and due to all transportation, bridges and whatnot shutting down during the hurricane Irene, Broadway goes dark on Saturday and Sunday. In effect this means that Phantom will not be performed on Broadway this Saturday, when they would normally have done a matinée and an evening performance. On Sunday they don't normally perform anyway. This shutdown goes for all Broadway and off-Broadway theatres.

I'm guessing few here are actually heading TO NYC at the moment, but it's good to know still.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:57 pm

operafantomet wrote:Due to the safety of cast, crew and orchestra, and due to all transportation, bridges and whatnot shutting down during the hurricane Irene, Broadway goes dark on Saturday and Sunday. In effect this means that Phantom will not be performed on Broadway this Saturday, when they would normally have done a matinée and an evening performance. On Sunday they don't normally perform anyway. This shutdown goes for all Broadway and off-Broadway theatres.

I'm guessing few here are actually heading TO NYC at the moment, but it's good to know still.

I read about that. At least they are taking the proper precautions. Peoples' safety comes first!
Devon
Devon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Not sure if it had been mentioned, but David Gaschen is currently subbing for Piangi until Sept 3.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:04 am

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:Not sure if it had been mentioned, but David Gaschen is currently subbing for Piangi until Sept 3.
Best Piangi I've ever seen. Such a talented guy. He and Romick should both be permanent swings and get more time in the various roles. They're so versatile. Great Phantoms.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:47 am

I saw Gaschen the other day... I really enjoyed his performance.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Phantom plays as normal at The Majestic tonight, at 8 PM. If anyone wondered.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:06 pm

From our beloved Broadway Phantom, Hugh Panaro:

When Phantom first came out, I was doing Les Misérables. I hadn't seen it and got the audition for Raoul. When I was playing Raoul, I had no desire to play The Phantom; Michael Crawford and Mark Jacoby were men, and I was only 25 years old. Eight years later, I got my first taste at being The Phantom, but only for six months. I feel that I am the right age now -- at 47 -- to be The Phantom. I am a more seasoned human being.

Full article here: http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/news/08-2011/theyre-in-it-for-the-long-run_39943.html

Ah-hem...

YOU TELL 'EM, HUGH! Very Happy

Though, dang, Hugh is 47?? No way! He looks better than most guys like half his age!

You hear that, RUG and ALW and Co? Your Broadway leading Phantom has got the right idea going in his interpretation of the Phantom. Why don't you get on board with that, too?

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:45 pm

Article about upcoming cast change at the Majestic:click here
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  ravnquest1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 am

Anyone have any idea who will be playing the Phantom during Hugh Panaro's quickly upcoming vacation? I would think with two weeks together they would go with a single vacation cover versus an understudy bonanza. Kinda hoping it will be David Gaschen.

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Post  ravnquest1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 am

And nevermind...we've got Jim Romick 9/12 through 9/17. Guess that just leaves the week before to find out.

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:09 am

Nice article and little interview from the New York Times on George Lee Andrews leaving the show: click
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:11 pm

It is as we suspected. Cameron wanted to freshen things up. What a rotten thing to do, in my opinion. Thank you, George, for so many years of loyal service. I only wish that you could have made it to the 10,000th.

Link to CBS official video of interview (starts after 30 second ad): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1BJ-dO8I4

Last edited by auctioneer on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 am

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 28 Cryeradams2
David Cryer and George Lee Andrews.

An era is over. Thank you for many fantastic years. And best of wishes for the future!

ETA: Apparently Hal Prince was at The Majestic yesterday, for the farewell party they threw for Andrews and Cryer.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Here's a link to George's interview on CNN from this morning. As usual, George is a class act. He really ought to be invited to the 25th anniversary celebrations. He has earned it, that's for sure.

http://am.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/05/phantom-of-the-opera-actor-george-lee-andrews-discusses-his-9382-performances-with-the-show/

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  ifonlyidont Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:19 pm

I got to see Phantom on Broadway on Saturday 20th August. Bought my ticket on the day from the box office. Expensive but got a pretty good seat, in the middle of row G, but still seemed quite far away as in London I've been in the 1st and 3rd row.

I was a bit bewildered at first as it was a bit different, mostly the Hannibal scene. I've seen the London production 3 times in a year so am quite familiar with it and it didn't occur to me a production across the ocean with a different cast would be different, silly me. Mostly I prefer the London production but it was still brilliant and I'm glad I saw it.

David Cryer and George Lee Andrews were a good double act, it's a shame they've gone. Wasn't at all keen on Meg's voice. Same with Raoul's voice, so I was a bit disappointed as I likes Raouls. He did grow on me in the 2nd half though. Acting was fine, just...I can't help not liking the sound of certain voices unfortunately. I wanted Mdme Giry to have a french accent but she was very good. Piangi and Carlotta were both very good, particularly liked Carlotta, and she actually croaked which the London one doesn't.

I believe the Christine I saw (it was the matinee) was Elizabeth Welch. I really liked her. Lovely voice and quite a sweet Christine, more subtle than Sofia Escobar in London (who I also really like).

As for Hugh as The Phantom...WOW. I just got butterflies remembering his performance. There were little bits of his performance that I wasn't keen on, and whilst his voice isn't my favourite ever and JOJ's MOTN is wonderful and smooth etc, the combination of Hugh's voice and acting and magnatism is amazing. I've seen 4 different phantom's now and have favourite songs/scenes for most of them, but Hugh's overall performance is by far my favourite. His MOTN was electric. And at the very end, I'm not sure if this is a Broadway phantom or a Hugh thing, or maybe I just never noticed in London, but after he sing's 'Christine I love you' he then either repeats that line or says I love you, again but much quieter. He then whispers/hisses/mumbles 'I hate you' (unless I imagined it) which shocked me but I really liked that!

So yes. Was awesome. Very Happy

ifonlyidont

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:20 am

What was different about the Hannibal scene? And why would you want Mme. Giry to have a French accent? The only time I'm aware that any Mme. Giry has had one is in the movie, and it was cringe-worthy.

ifonlyidont wrote:And at the very end, I'm not sure if this is a Broadway phantom or a Hugh thing, or maybe I just never noticed in London, but after he sing's 'Christine I love you' he then either repeats that line or says I love you, again but much quieter.
Most Phantoms do this in some way, but not all, and they each handle that part differently.

Pretty sure you imagined the "I hate you" part. Unless he was talking to himself, I'm not sure how that would make sense.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm

operafantomet wrote:The Broadway production + US tour - Page 28 Cryeradams2
David Cryer and George Lee Andrews.
Someone needs to caption that photo. I can imagine some great macros with that one. Laughing

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Mme Reyer Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Farewell, David Cryer and George Lee Andrews. I was stunned to hear about their leaving, especially George, who was the only original cast member. They were one of my favorite parts of the show! I'm glad I got to see them together back in May.
Mme Reyer
Mme Reyer

Back to top Go down

Post  ravnquest1 Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Just Walked past the Majestic to see Jeremy Stolle on for Hughthiss afternoon. Wish I had not already bought a ticket to another show!

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:56 pm

ravnquest1 wrote:Just Walked past the Majestic to see Jeremy Stolle on for Hughthiss afternoon. Wish I had not already bought a ticket to another show!
So both Hugh Panaro and Sara Jean Ford is off tonight, then. Would have loved to see it as well. A bit far, though...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am

operafantomet wrote:
ravnquest1 wrote:Just Walked past the Majestic to see Jeremy Stolle on for Hughthiss afternoon. Wish I had not already bought a ticket to another show!
So both Hugh Panaro and Sara Jean Ford is off tonight, then. Would have loved to see it as well. A bit far, though...
Yeah, Hugh was out this past Thurs, Fri and both shows today. I believe he should be back Monday.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:15 pm

That's a shame. I'll bet the phans were looking forward to seeing him and Sara.

TAFKaR
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:19 am

Raphael wrote:That's a shame. I'll bet the phans were looking forward to seeing him and Sara.

TAFKaR
Yeah, it was unfortunate. But he was out sick for a few days.

And Jeremy told me that on Thursday there was some kind of major mishap that happened where the travelator came out at the wrong time or something and snapped off a bunch of the candles that rise from the stage floor. Apparently the show had to be stopped, which I was told rarely if ever happens.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:29 am

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:And Jeremy told me that on Thursday there was some kind of major mishap that happened where the travelator came out at the wrong time or something and snapped off a bunch of the candles that rise from the stage floor. Apparently the show had to be stopped, which I was told rarely if ever happens.
Ouch, that sounds bad! And expensive. And the worst possible moment to stop the show. Do you know where they picked it up again - like, did they go back to the mirror scene, or start where they stopped?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next