Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed

+66
AlwaysChristine
Jennie
operafantomet
NightRachel
MajesticPhantom
Melly
tromp-la-mort
charleygirl
Mme Reyer
RoseOfTransylvania
Lalilaloli
StrangerThanUDreamt
PhantomsGhost
Josephine
FeatherPen
ladygodiva
TheFinnishPhantom
marryholmes
Klavirista
Callie Daae
illegally blonde
Alyssa
PhantomAngel777
Deathshead1
Vicomtesse de Chagny
Bric
davd09
LoveShouldDie
PMB1034
Loettchen
EarlFan
Riene
Miss von Krolock
Christine's Shadow
InkedAlchemist
Phantomess
MasqPhan
PhantomJT
Rebecca
Phantom on a Budget
phantomphan1992
justin-from-barbados
Lucy
HDKingsbury
operaphan
Becky
Christine_Phan
Raphael
phantom10906
Freyalise
TGITPC
Viscountess
Aled_Boyo
Phantomlove
TheMaskedLion
ML6
starryeyed
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
Paula74
IamErik771
Helen
Mandrake
Madame Giry
Cape Twirl of Doom
phantomgirl110
70 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 2 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  TGITPC Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:25 am

Like many of you, I too listened to the soundtrack.

Overall, I was very impressed. It had its good diddys (Til I Hear You Sing, The Ayrie, Devil Take the Hindmost), I'll give it that, but I found most of the score to be quite dull. Beneath the Moonless Sky would also have been very good, but it's a total rip off of Sally's Song from Nightmare Before Christmas.

EDIT: Oh, and here is part two of my rant on LND.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUo6IPrWLEA
TGITPC
TGITPC

http://thatgirlinthephantomcostume.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 2 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  phantomgirl110 Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am

ML6 wrote:
phantomgirl110 wrote:

ML6 wrote:Question: Why does Perez Hilton BLOG about Love Never Dies?
Answer: Because he trolls OhNoTheyDidnt livejournal community, and every time the user nemo_de_la_meer (that's me) posts something about the show, he copypasta's it onto his site and draws his icky little deisgns all over the pictures.

Seriously, he's only doing it because I take time to post it on the ONTD site and it gets sometimes 500 comments worth of people hating it.
Hey there, fellow ONTDer! I had no idea you were nemo_de_la_meer. I see you there all the time. </random and OT>

YEAH. THAT'D BE ME, GIRL! Who are you on ontd? That place is so addicting. Gonna be my one year anniversary soon!
I'm phantomgirl110 over there too (and everywhere else on teh internets). I've never posted anything and I don't comment terribly often, but I lurk there far too much to be normal. I joined during Hostage Brituation, which was...geez, over two years ago now! How time flies. At least we had Taco Bell.

And now I'll end this OT-ness. I don't have much to add to the actual topic at hand, but can I just mention how much I enjoy this quote from Bem Brantley's review?
Ben Brantley wrote:If you don’t know the first Phantom, you will be very confused; if you do know the first Phantom, you will also be very confused.
Laughing
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freyalise Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:07 am

Throwing my hat into the ONTD ring as well--I'm stars_fell.

Freyalise

http://www.stars-fell.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:03 am

Viscountess wrote:
operafantomet wrote:Anyone knows which site recently (like the last 6 months) did an interview with Marni Raab? I wonder if it was when she started fill in on Broadway, or when she re-joined the tour... something... She explained how that dummy had a face modeled after her (though I'm not sure we're talking casting the face), and that she found it scary.
I remember reading it was a caption for one of of the backstage pictures of the World Tour from her website, if that helps any.
Right, maybe that was where I saw it?

http://www.marniraab.com/Site/Images_I.html (scroll down)
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:38 am

As the first comment says, they would need to start from scrach.

Clicky
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:09 pm

If it's anything like the "changes" that were made to Woman in White when it transferred, this will do a chandelier all over the Neil Simon stage.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I looked in my local newspaper (the Honolulu Star-Bulletin) yesterday, and was amazed to see that they published Ben Brantley's review of LND from the New York Times. The Star-Bulletin almost never has theatre reviews from the US mainland, let alone the West End (for example, they had nothing about shows like Woman in White or even Wicked when they first premiered)... so when I saw that, I thought to myself, "Wow, this is big!" Laughing

I think I'll laminate that page and put it on my wall. Very Happy

Last edited by IamErik771 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:08 pm

That makes me wonder if my local paper - which is very lacking when it comes to theatre/Broadway news to begin with - has or will publish it. I don't bother with the print edition so they may have already or will in their larger Sunday arts section.

As I said, they don't publish much when it comes to musicals...even when it comes to big tours playing here, but they will occasionally reprint a review of a very high profile show, good or bad. I was pretty surprised when they ran a review of Lestat, for example.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Freyalise wrote:Throwing my hat into the ONTD ring as well--I'm stars_fell.

Hey girl, what's up? Love the fact you comment on my entries. <3
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Courtesy of Jake, a fan I know: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/137783-Lloyd-Webbers-Love-Never-Dies-Will-Likely-Undergo-Changes-Prior-to-Broadway

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies, which officially opened in London March 9 at the Adelphi Theatre, will likely be revised before it arrives on Broadway next season at the Neil Simon Theatre.

The New York Times spoke with an executive connected with the production who said that composer Lloyd Webber is committed to bringing the Phantom of the Opera sequel to Broadway. As previously announced, opening in New York is scheduled for Nov. 11.

The executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that changes to the London production were likely. And, Andre Ptaszynski, who runs The Really Useful Group, told the New York Post that the musical's creative team met following the reviews and discussed "the work we and [director] Jack [O'Brien] would like to do before the show opens on Broadway."

So much for 'set in stone'. Wink It will be interesting to see what they do to try and fix the show, though.

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Madame Giry wrote:So much for 'set in stone'. Wink It will be interesting to see what they do to try and fix the show, though.

~Madame~
Since the problem is the story itself, it'll take a lot more than the kind of revisions Wildhorn's "Scarlet Pimpernel" underwent in order to improve it.

Just have Fake!Meg shoot it and put it out of its misery already...

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine_Phan Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Hello, I'm new to this board and just wanted to introduce myself. My real name is Christine and I've been a Phantom Phan since the show first premeired in London, in 1987. I've followed the show throughout the years and I just had to post my views on LND. Just a few short things.

The Beauty Underneath really creeps me out. I've heard the song about 5 times now and each time, it sounds more freaky. The lyrics are banal and Gustave's almost sexual cries: "YESSSSS!" really make me cringe. I hope they remove his lines in the move to Broadway. Please, please take that out, it reminds me of a pedophile Freudian thing.

What really gets me is the TIHYS clips on YouTube. Okay, I can live with the new mask, but the hair and shirt!

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 2 Puffyshirt

Razz

It reminds me of this little clip:

"It's gonna be the new look for the Phantom! You're gonna be the first Pirate!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9GhI-53k3E&NR=1

The rest is self explanatory!

Cheers all, glad to meet everyone!

Christine_Phan

Christine_Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 pm

Ramin Karimloo will be on ITV's Loose Women on Monday. For those in America Loose Women is a show like The View.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:45 pm

Raphael wrote:
Madame Giry wrote:So much for 'set in stone'. Wink It will be interesting to see what they do to try and fix the show, though.

~Madame~
Since the problem is the story itself, it'll take a lot more than the kind of revisions Wildhorn's "Scarlet Pimpernel" underwent in order to improve it.

Just have Fake!Meg shoot it and put it out of its misery already...

R.

That's what I said on the LSD page. I just think that if the book sucks, the show will suck too.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:53 pm

OK, I said this on BWW, but that...that...um...container that the Christine-a-tron is standing in looks ridiculously like a gaudy sex toy.

I much prefer the Mirror Bride in that awesome frame.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:07 am

LadyCDaae wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:
Owen-Jones said the follow-up reminded him of the Star Wars franchise re-boot
Very good analogy. George Lucas was similarly washed-up, and he couldn't replicate the spirit of his original films.

There's also the fact Lucas felt the need to take one of the most imposing, iconic villains in film history and turn him (retroactively) into a whining, selfish pretty boy who was no more intriguing than he was sympathetic. Do not want, indeed. Razz

~LCD
HA! Laughing Very good point.

dolly-ry wrote:Ramin Karimloo will be on ITV's Loose Women on Monday. For those in America Loose Women is a show like The View.
RUG's PR people should have booked Sierra Boggess and Summer Strallen to guest-host instead. After all, they're playing some pretty loose women in the sequel.

The other night, I was perusing a dating site, and someone messaged me, after having probably noticed a mention of Phantom in my profile, asking if I knew ALW had written a sequel to Phantom. You can probably guess I ignored it. Laughing
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 am

Senor, I think that just made me laugh way too much. Actually both points made me laugh.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:25 am

SenorSwanky wrote:

dolly-ry wrote:Ramin Karimloo will be on ITV's Loose Women on Monday. For those in America Loose Women is a show like The View.
RUG's PR people should have booked Sierra Boggess and Summer Strallen to guest-host instead. After all, they're playing some pretty loose women in the sequel.

The other night, I was perusing a dating site, and someone messaged me, after having probably noticed a mention of Phantom in my profile, asking if I knew ALW had written a sequel to Phantom. You can probably guess I ignored it. Laughing

OMG. LOL. THAT IS HILARIOUS.

Oh, I had an encounter that was quite the opposite. I found a man who loves Phantom, hates the film, and detests the idea of a sequel. Hah. We're meeting up on Tuesday. But I've had my fair share of, "Omg, another Phantom musical is coming out. It looks good. What do you think?" from a few guys. Naturally, I bitched them out and they never responded. I hate being evil. Twisted Evil
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 am

ML6 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:

Oh, I had an encounter that was quite the opposite. I found a man who loves Phantom, hates the film, and detests the idea of a sequel. Hah. We're meeting up on Tuesday. But I've had my fair share of, "Omg, another Phantom musical is coming out. It looks good. What do you think?" from a few guys. Naturally, I bitched them out and they never responded. I hate being evil. Twisted Evil

That is.... I just cant describe it, im dying of laughter so much that i think i broke my computer chair. And lucky you ML6, now i if i could only find myself the female component of that.
phantom10906
phantom10906

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:32 am

phantom10906 wrote:
ML6 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:

That is.... I just cant describe it, im dying of laughter so much that i think i broke my computer chair. And lucky you ML6, now i if i could only find myself the female component of that.

Hun, you'll find one. Smile Trust me. They're out there. You just gotta go on internet dating sites. I find it easier to find people of the same breed that way.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 am

ML6 wrote: But I've had my fair share of, "Omg, another Phantom musical is coming out. It looks good. What do you think?" from a few guys. Naturally, I bitched them out and they never responded. I hate being evil. Twisted Evil

They said it looked good? It's amazing how far some people will lie just to get a date with someone. Wink

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Freyalise Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:57 am

ML6 wrote:
Freyalise wrote:Throwing my hat into the ONTD ring as well--I'm stars_fell.

Hey girl, what's up? Love the fact you comment on my entries. <3

I don't get all the credit, my sister found that LND post first. Smile

Freyalise

http://www.stars-fell.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:09 am

SenorSwanky wrote:
LadyCDaae wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:
Owen-Jones said the follow-up reminded him of the Star Wars franchise re-boot
Very good analogy. George Lucas was similarly washed-up, and he couldn't replicate the spirit of his original films.

There's also the fact Lucas felt the need to take one of the most imposing, iconic villains in film history and turn him (retroactively) into a whining, selfish pretty boy who was no more intriguing than he was sympathetic. Do not want, indeed. Razz

~LCD
HA! Laughing Very good point.

Oh man, this post is epic. Laughing

So given the parallels we can draw between George Lucas and ALW, can we start making Phantom Menace jokes? Very Happy
IamErik771
IamErik771

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:48 am

IamErik771 wrote:So given the parallels we can draw between George Lucas and ALW, can we start making Phantom Menace jokes? Very Happy
Laughing That or "Star Whores, Episode II: Love Never Je-dies."
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:17 am

SenorSwanky wrote:
IamErik771 wrote:So given the parallels we can draw between George Lucas and ALW, can we start making Phantom Menace jokes? Very Happy

..... *Note to self: Never try to read updates to this thread while drinking soda... or any beverage, for that matter.* Laughing
IamErik771
IamErik771

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 am

IamErik771 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:

..... *Note to self: Never try to read updates to this thread while drinking soda... or any beverage, for that matter.* Laughing

Seconded! My airway that just got blocked also agrees!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 am

dolly-ry wrote:
IamErik771 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:

We're just on a role.

I think there needs to be some cgi, some action, and a bad script. It already has one, lets get the other two crackin'.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 am

I have to post this link, if only for the headline:

LOVE NEVER DIES, but changes everything…
http://musicalcyberspace.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/love-never-dies-but-changes-everything/
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:06 am

Anea posted this in the Hal Prince Appreciation Thread, but since it delves into a lot of behind-the-scenes detail about LND, it's worth discussing further here:

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/webber_show_off_to_rough_start_in_ppIUFX4Nca3lULbFTAkZNN

Re: Ramin:
Michael Riedel wrote:You come expecting Michael Crawford and you get Gerard Butler's stand-in.
Laughing

(Said a wag, "They should call it 'Who's Your Daddy?' ")
LOLZ.

Re: ALW's diva-like hissyfits and micromanaging during rehearsals and previews:
On "Love Never Dies," he reportedly became so frustrated, he muttered, "I'm just going to write a check for 10 million pounds and close the show."
Please do.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:45 am

ML6 wrote:
dolly-ry wrote:
IamErik771 wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote:

We're just on a role.

I think there needs to be some cgi, some action, and a bad script. It already has one, lets get the other two crackin'.

Dont for get to add Jar Jar Binks. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Interesting article Anea. I second the idea, Lord Andy, that is the best idea you have had for a LONG time.
phantom10906
phantom10906

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next