Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 1

+46
IamErik771
JW89
FutureOnTheWestEnd
London-Phan
justin1976
justin-from-barbados
LadyCDaae
PMB1034
Trilby
Cape Twirl of Doom
Aled_Boyo
sas
Viscountess
auctioneer
Josephine
MasqPhan
ML6
MlleMusique
Becky
Mandrake
The White Half-Mask
Callie Daae
MCfan
phantomgirl110
Rebecca
phantom10906
AngelofMusic
Lycanthrope
Phantomlove
Clare
Miss von Krolock
TGITPC
Helen
carlottawannabe
orange_peas
SenorSwanky
Christine's Shadow
Paula74
THEFISH<3
EarlFan
Raphael
Scorp
HerMajesty
starryeyed
Phantom Cat
operafantomet
50 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

The London production 1 - Page 18 Empty Re: The London production 1

Post  starryeyed Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm

I'd have felt awful Helen considering it was me who had confirmed his dates with you! He was still not 100% the shows we seen that weekend yet went on, I really admire people who do that. Of course it is easier for the standby to do that as they know once their shows are complete they can (hopefully) have a good while to rest.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 pm

I'd have been disappointed for about 5 minutes, but It would have worked out well anyway since Stephen John Davis was on as Buquet that day. I suppose he would have done the performance if Scott was unable to. Scott did an amazing job considering he wasn't feeling too good.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 am

You'd think they'd let a Phantom, particularly someone who's a veteran of the show and has shown himself to be a good leading man in another show (Les Mis), do his own thing.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:15 am

Apparently the reason why Mr Shannon's MotN is so boring is because he has been directed to deliver it as a 'lecture on music'. WTF? To me that scene is supposed to be a seduction, not a "lecture".

Sort it out, powers-that-be, please. No wonder Nigel Richards left.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 pm

*Points finger at Scorp* Oh I have a bone to pick with you now! Ha ha I'm just kidding.

I don't know perhaps Nigel Richards just sort of disappeared and didn't in fact leave? Hmmmm.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Scorp wrote:Apparently the reason why Mr Shannon's MotN is so boring is because he has been directed to deliver it as a 'lecture on music'. WTF? To me that scene is supposed to be a seduction, not a "lecture".
Bring on Gillian Lynne! Laughing Basketball
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:53 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Scorp wrote:Apparently the reason why Mr Shannon's MotN is so boring is because he has been directed to deliver it as a 'lecture on music'. WTF? To me that scene is supposed to be a seduction, not a "lecture".
Bring on Gillian Lynne! Laughing Basketball

I do prefer her take on the MOTN scene!

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:03 pm

She also said something hillarious in relation to Christine in PONR as well to Gina Beck apparently. Never viewed either MOTN or PONR in the same way ever again.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:46 pm

That was officially the scariest stage door experience ever.

I thought people that stalked Phantom actors were only supposed to stalk... Phantom actors.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Details!!!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Oh PLEASE give details, the stalkers at London are officially CRAZY. Sadly the worst one I know of is in fact American and stalks a certain Mr Bailey...

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:42 pm

dolly-ry wrote:Oh PLEASE give details, the stalkers at London are officially CRAZY. Sadly the worst one I know of is in fact American and stalks a certain Mr Bailey...
Um, holy crap. That's HER. Scared the absolute shit out of me yesterday.

So I'm waiting at the stage door, most of the cast has left at this point and I've missed everyone and I'm kinda moping, just praying that David Shannon is somehow still in there when THAT GIRL and her friend show up and goes "Did you see Simon Bailey leave yet?" and I'm about to say "Probably" because I saw some guy who sort of looked like him BOLT out the door. She goes "I CAN SHOW YOU WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE." and starts flipping through my programme to show me the picture and at this point, I'm still under the impression that she just thinks I can't really recognize him and so I say "Yeah, he usually wears a wool cap" according to what someone said to us earlier and she just goes "Iknowforafactthathedoesn'twearawoolcapatall." And after a few minutes "If you see him, tell him (her name) is in love with him. That's not me, it's my roommate. She loves him. But he's a douchebag. Tell him that. Probably gay too."

And me and my dad are standing there thinking. What. The. F*ck. She walks away and we keep waiting because I wanted to meet David Shannon so badly. So fifteen minutes later, she walks back to us and goes "So you guys have been waiting a long time?... That's really creepy." WELL, YOU DON'T SAY. she keeps trying to grab my programme and show me stuff and it's like DUDE, I get the picture. "You know Ramin from Love Never Dies used to be the Phantom here?" "Um... I know." "What do you know? I said a lot of things. do you even know what you think you know?" So here's where she actually insults my intelligence.

"What's the name of the current Phantom? What was the name of the last Phantom?" She starts asking these really random questions. And I forget the details, but around here is when we decide we'd like very much not be brutally murdered by someone else's stalker.

More details when I remember them.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Simon Bailey if the weather isn't too warm wears a wool cap ALL THE TIME. That is really officially scary. I didn't think his stalker was around at the moment... may have to warn him.

But honestly. Umm... yeah she is scary. I've encountered her before in November. I won't say too much but she is convinced she can lure him to her flat. Ummmm no I don't think so somehow.

ETA: And also bolts out the stage door due to really very crazy stalkers he attracts...

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Viscountess wrote: (...)

And me and my dad are standing there thinking. What. The. F*ck. She walks away and we keep waiting because I wanted to meet David Shannon so badly. So fifteen minutes later, she walks back to us and goes "So you guys have been waiting a long time?... That's really creepy." WELL, YOU DON'T SAY. she keeps trying to grab my programme and show me stuff and it's like DUDE, I get the picture. "You know Ramin from Love Never Dies used to be the Phantom here?" "Um... I know." "What do you know? I said a lot of things. do you even know what you think you know?" So here's where she actually insults my intelligence.

"What's the name of the current Phantom? What was the name of the last Phantom?" She starts asking these really random questions. And I forget the details, but around here is when we decide we'd like very much not be brutally murdered by someone else's stalker.

More details when I remember them.
There is MORE?

OMG! Forgive my blunt language here, but she sounds like a total nutcase. No wonder Simon Bailey keeps a low profile at the stage door. She seems to have lost perspective completely.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 pm

She sounds really scary.

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Honestly, she is ALL of those. Nutcase, scary, EVERYTHING. And none of that would be an understatement. It's not cute, it's not funny, it's not remotely *okay.* I was honest to goodness actually afraid for my life by the time we left.

And now I'm just disgusted that someone like her would ruin it for others who only have good intentions. Honestly, I just wanted to tell him that he was absolutely incredible.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:47 pm

I am honestly very sorry you had to encounter her. It is such a shame that the one day you were there she was there too. She really does ruin things for everyone... if only people knew the whole story about November. Well... it is truly frightening and believe me many feel uncomfortable because of her.

It is a shame, as I previously messaged you (I think it was you) because he has to rush off due to feeling uncomfortable many people spread it around that he is "arrogant." Shows the damage one person can cause.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Viscountess wrote:Honestly, I just wanted to tell him that he was absolutely incredible.
Isn't he, though? Shows that the Raoul role can be awesome if played by someone understanding it and daring to make it into a proper lead role.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:21 am

God, that girl needs to be locked up in a padded cell. Not joking at all. She sounds literally like she is mentally disturbed. Have the police been notified? And management? Should have someone put a restraining order on her and watch the stage door so that if she ever comes, she is kicked out on her @$$.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  justin1976 Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 am

^^^ I agree. That is disturbing on so many levels - this lady does sound quite dangerous and unbalanced. Management at HMT's should be notified. She's on her way to getting arrested/sectioned/clouted.

justin1976

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Don't worry I am getting in touch with the appropriate people. Like I said, she IS known in some form to HMT, this is just further proof.

There are definitely grounds for some sort of proceedings based on Viscountess' experience and previous incidents, but we shall see.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 am

dolly-ry wrote:Don't worry I am getting in touch with the appropriate people. Like I said, she IS known in some form to HMT, this is just further proof.

There are definitely grounds for some sort of proceedings based on Viscountess' experience and previous incidents, but we shall see.
I hope so, I don't want the cast to feel unsafe at the stage door. As others have pointed out, she sounds not just crazy, but sick. Genuinely mental sick.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:10 pm

This is very unfortunate. I've noticed over the past few years that a number of stage shows in the west end have added a security person to the stage door (usually wearing a headset). This has been the case even for some established stage shows (I believe the Lion King has one, for instance). Surely HMT could have someone patrol stage door during peak times (an hour before the performance and the hour following performances). For instance, there is one burly usher who would probably intimidate anyone inclined to make cast members uncomfortable. This can vary, though. Apparently there is still no door person at the Phoenix, despite Melanie C attracting legions of Spice Girls fans at the stagedoor...!

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Legally Blonde have security people as do Wicked I believe. I do think HMT's (or any theatre actually) should all have security types. I suppose they might not fancy adding more people to pay roll however. I do know sometimes if people seem to be just hanging around (especially before shows) someone from stage door will come out and ask if they are waiting for anyone specifically. If they are they will say that they will pass on a message to them (in order to sort of shoo the person I suspect.)

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 am

Hello my friends -- Does anybody know the cast change day this fall?

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 pm

September 4th 2010. Don't remind me!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 am

Ah yes. I used to get nostalgic when cast change rolled around, but we will, of course, grow attached to the next one. I hope to make the last cast change show and the first one of the new lot in September. Hope to see some of you there.

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:46 am

I will be at the cast change show. Unless someone really catches my eye coming into the new cast I won't be at their first performance however I may make the effort. I'm going through a phantom lul at the moment (I know it sounds awful) but the demographic of fans becoming more and more vocal are all about "hot phantoms" and slag off anyone who isn't "young and rocky." When did it become the norm to expect a hot phantom? Isn't the point that he isn't HOT he is far from HOT, I highly doubt a mother would be repulsed by an attractive child but maybe that's just me.

ETA: This was a longer rant. I removed half of it because I felt I was being hasty in my judgements of people....

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:03 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I will be at the cast change show. Unless someone really catches my eye coming into the new cast I won't be at their first performance however I may make the effort. I'm going through a phantom lul at the moment (I know it sounds awful) but the demographic of fans becoming more and more vocal are all about "hot phantoms" and slag off anyone who isn't "young and rocky." When did it become the norm to expect a hot phantom? Isn't the point that he isn't HOT he is far from HOT, I highly doubt a mother would be repulsed by an attractive child but maybe that's just me.

I've always thought that the whole "hot Phantom" who is "young and rocky" thing stems from the movie. I don't quite get it myself. I'm not going to the cast change show this year. I'm going sometime over the summer instead.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:35 pm

dolly-ry wrote:I will be at the cast change show. Unless someone really catches my eye coming into the new cast I won't be at their first performance however I may make the effort. I'm going through a phantom lul at the moment (I know it sounds awful) but the demographic of fans becoming more and more vocal are all about "hot phantoms" and slag off anyone who isn't "young and rocky." When did it become the norm to expect a hot phantom? Isn't the point that he isn't HOT he is far from HOT, I highly doubt a mother would be repulsed by an attractive child but maybe that's just me.
I'm in a bit of a Phantom lul as well. Good to hear I'm not the only one.

And "young & sexy Phantoms" and whatever is seriously overrated in my book. Seeing guys like Michael Crawford, Flemming Enevold, Peter Karrie and (I suspect) Scott Davies in the role is just something completely different. They seem to pour out the sorrows of a lived life, way more profound than most youngsters playing the Phantom. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I have yet to see them...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next