Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few of my observations from Broadway's 25th Anniversary Performance

2 posters

Go down

A few of my observations from Broadway's 25th Anniversary Performance Empty A few of my observations from Broadway's 25th Anniversary Performance

Post  Stephanie Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm not very good at remembering many small details in order to write a full review. However, I made a few observations from the 25th anniversary performance and they are listed below:

-When Carlotta sings Think of Me and Christine is sitting on the stage, she watched Carlotta with this look of admiration and pure enjoyment of her singing. It looked like in her eyes, Christine was saying "Wow. She is amazing. I pray I can be like that one day."

-In Twisted Every Way, Sierra's dress somehow got stuck in the chair. Usually, after her first few lines, Christine walks around a bit, starts to get very emotional/almost faints and Raoul helps her sit back in her chair. On the night of the 25th, she tried to stand up two-three times but something was caught so she finally gave up and sang the full song from the chair. She never missed a beat singing but I do think this hindered a bit of the emotion from the scene.The managers noticed and before ran off saying "I can't, I'm sorry," they did some quick movements and lifted the chair/freed her dress in a certain way to make sure she was able to stand up to run off the stage.

-During the final lair, Sierra did something I really loved that I personally haven't seen another Christine do. Right after the Phantom put the lasso around Raoul's neck, Sierra desperately looked around the stage for some way to help. She ran up to the organ looking around as if to say "What can I find in this lair that I can use to free Raoul." I really loved that touch.

-In the encore performance of Music of the Night, when Hugh sang "close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar," he was singing it directly to Sandra Joseph who was sitting in the front row (to the right side). I had a great view of this interaction from my mezzanine seat and she started crying and it was an amazing moment between the two of them. And such a sweet thing for him to do. Sandra told me later how touched she was by this.
Stephanie
Stephanie

Back to top Go down

A few of my observations from Broadway's 25th Anniversary Performance Empty Re: A few of my observations from Broadway's 25th Anniversary Performance

Post  EarlFan Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Stephanie wrote:

-In the encore performance of Music of the Night, when Hugh sang "close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar," he was singing it directly to Sandra Joseph who was sitting in the front row (to the right side). I had a great view of this interaction from my mezzanine seat and she started crying and it was an amazing moment between the two of them. And such a sweet thing for him to do. Sandra told me later how touched she was by this.

Aw, that's so sweet Very Happy
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down