Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

+61
phantom5251
Riene
RichardN86
Irina de France
ChristineDaae1982
Phantomess
Scorp
todaaefor
mesadallas
demonsmoke
Countess of Rothes
MarySkater
SenorSwanky
LadyCDaae
jennyfair
FdelOpera
Bric
Modern Myth
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
lonely nightingale
MasqPhan
Brandon1351
Phantour
Paula74
stephantom53
phantom10906
ladygodiva
CrimsonAvenger
Mme Reyer
EarlFan
London-Phan
sk8phan
justin-from-barbados
NightRachel
Raphael
operafantomet
Callie Daae
Masqueradelove
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
AngelOfMusic325
Becky
AlwaysChristine
purplehaze93
Viscountess
InkedAlchemist
robhawkins
Cape Twirl of Doom
ravnquest1
phan101
alaron
ML6
Reverie
thegenuinebeauty
MajesticPhantom
mona lisa
Stephanie
auctioneer
Madame Giry
Phantom on a Budget
alaron4
StrangerThanUDreamt
65 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 27 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  NightRachel Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm kinda hoping Ben Lewis does come to the Broadway production after his run in London. I'd love to see his portrayal of the Phantom, and I'm not sure I'll be able to travel to London to see him while he's there.
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 27 Empty The Broadway Production + US Tour

Post  Blind Phan Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 am

Smile Cool!

So did anyone actually get a chance to see any of the stuff around the Bway 30th anniversary - the special gala thing, the sound and light show that sounded so cool, or even the performance on the night of the actual anniversary? How was it? I wish to heck I could have gotten down there!!! That'd have rocked!!!

Blind Phan

http://www.phantomfemme.com

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 27 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  NightRachel Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Well I saw the video footage online of the special Empire State Building light show that was synced up to music from the show. It was really cool! Smile
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:39 pm

Hey, all! It’s been a while!

Been some time since I’ve been on this forum, and since anyone’s posted in this topic, clearly! So, the restaged tour is now in Hawaii -- first time a touring production has been here since the Canadian Tour in 1994, though we’ve had a couple of amateur productions and some concert stops by ex-Phantoms in the meantime. I got to see it on the 8th and am working on a review (though life’s been busy... but I will get it done!) Very Happy
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Wed May 05, 2021 11:45 pm

Broadway's The Phantom of the Opera Sets October Reopening

"A spokesperson for the Broadway production says it remains committed to returning with a full pit."
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

MarySkater likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MarySkater Thu May 06, 2021 12:00 pm

Good news for Broadway fans.
MarySkater
MarySkater

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 27 Empty Phantom Broadway closing announced

Post  Raphael Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:37 pm

Andrew Lloyd Webber's History-Making The Phantom of the Opera Sets Closing Date on Broadway

And there you have it. The last Hal Prince-staged production of Phantom in the world is set to end it's 35-year run on February 18, 2023.

While I'm sure a revival will pop up someday, I am nearly 100% certain it will be something akin to the new London production with minimized orchestra and modified staging, sets and costumes - a shadow of the magic that Hal Prince, Gillian Lynne, and Maria Björnson brought to it.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine's Shadow Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:02 pm

I'm really saddened by the closing--and it's clear that most of the cast (both current and past) have thoughts about it closing from what I've seen on social media posts.

I've talked about it with other theatre friends and consistently have come across the statement that Phantom wasn't there for New Yorkers, it was there for the tourists (and lunatics like us that went to see it as often as we could, haha!) and there just aren't any tourists in NYC right now. There's a rumor going around (with fairly good evidence imo) that they're planning to just revamp it a la London to get out of paying royalties to 3 estates. If they do so, I second what Raphael said, it will be a sad shadow of the show. If I recall correctly, up until his death, Hal Prince regularly sat with the show and auditions to keep it up to snuff didn't he?

Well, here's hoping there is some sort of get-together with other folks from here that we can organize to see the show one more time.
Christine's Shadow
Christine's Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  MorbidMoonflower Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:11 pm

Aw, I'm saddened by the news. I've always known the time would come eventually but part of me hoped it would outlive me hehe. But it's great to make way for new musicals and artists. I'm grateful I got to see it twice.

Since I'm earning my own living now maybe I could plan a trip to NYC to see it one more time. It's a long shot though as I live in the south now. The only chance I'd have is to make a stop in new york when I travel to montreal to see my family over the holidays.
MorbidMoonflower
MorbidMoonflower

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:29 am

It’s been difficult dealing with the news that the last true replica production is leaving us. I never got to see the show on Broadway, and now won’t get the chance, alas. I wish the best for everyone in the cast and crew; and it’s been lovely, though bittersweet, to see some of the comments and tributes from the show’s alumni. :’(
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:24 am

I got to see one last performance before it closed (early March).
It's surreal to think of it not being there. It almost felt like the loss of a friend. But of course, that's because Phantom brought so many of us together and friends, and that doesn't change regardless of what productions are going. Smile

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine's Shadow Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:33 am

So I suppose the real question is… is anyone going to be there for load out tomorrow? There are quite a few dumpsters to be dove into…
Christine's Shadow
Christine's Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:21 pm

Christine's Shadow wrote:So I suppose the real question is… is anyone going to be there for load out tomorrow? There are quite a few dumpsters to be dove into…

I can't be there, but I'd hire a representative if anyone is interested! Very Happy

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:42 pm

Closing week was incredible. I'm hoping to write up some reviews if I can if only to put my memories down on paper.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Becky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27