Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

+61
phantom5251
Riene
RichardN86
Irina de France
ChristineDaae1982
Phantomess
Scorp
todaaefor
mesadallas
demonsmoke
Countess of Rothes
MarySkater
SenorSwanky
LadyCDaae
jennyfair
FdelOpera
Bric
Modern Myth
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
lonely nightingale
MasqPhan
Brandon1351
Phantour
Paula74
stephantom53
phantom10906
ladygodiva
CrimsonAvenger
Mme Reyer
EarlFan
London-Phan
sk8phan
justin-from-barbados
NightRachel
Raphael
operafantomet
Callie Daae
Masqueradelove
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
AngelOfMusic325
Becky
AlwaysChristine
purplehaze93
Viscountess
InkedAlchemist
robhawkins
Cape Twirl of Doom
ravnquest1
phan101
alaron
ML6
Reverie
thegenuinebeauty
MajesticPhantom
mona lisa
Stephanie
auctioneer
Madame Giry
Phantom on a Budget
alaron4
StrangerThanUDreamt
65 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 2 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  SenorSwanky Mon May 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm almost certain it was the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Probably the tour visited several cities in '92. The 2NT did longer stops than the 3NT, but at that point, it was only a few months in each city. There used to be a listing of tour stops and their dates, but I don't know if it's still online. I'm on my work computer, so can't access my bookmarks.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour - Page 2 Empty Re: The Broadway production + Original US Replica tour

Post  MajesticPhantom Mon May 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Operafantomet- I know for a fact that when the tour visited Boston, Massachusetts, from late August-late October (or early November) 1992, it starred Kevin Gray LouAnn Aronson (Sara Pfisterer) and Nat Chandler. I know there's no Hilsabeck there, but at least it gives you a jumping off place.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon May 21, 2012 8:33 pm

It did seem really early for Hilsabeck to have been the Phantom. I think that was not until '94ish. He might have been Andre at that point ('92).
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Tue May 22, 2012 2:44 am

operafantomet wrote:I recently bought these US tour brochures off eBay:

1992 - Rick Hilsabeck - Teri Bibb (Sarah Pfisterer) - Nat Chandler (?)
1994 - Rick Hilsabeck - Sarah Pfisterer (Rita Harvey) - Nat Chandler (Atlanta)

Does anyone know where that cast performed in 1992, and which theatre the other visited in Atlanta in 1994? I did a quick search without success, and before I plunge into a more thorough search I wanted to ask the almighty DP brain.

I saw the tour in 1994 in Atlanta and it was my very first performance. The cast was Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfisterer and Nat Chandler. It was indeed at The Fox Theatre.

My mom saw the tour when it came in 1992 and it was also at The Fox Theatre. I still have the playbill somewhere...but I just need to find it. My very first introduction to Phantom was when she brought home that program. Smile

Edit to add: I can't find the program/Playbill from the first performance my mom saw...but I did find the ticketstub from that performance in Atlanta. It is from October 30, 1991.
Stephanie
Stephanie

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 am

SenorSwanky wrote:It did seem really early for Hilsabeck to have been the Phantom. I think that was not until '94ish. He might have been Andre at that point ('92).

Yep! I can confirm with certainty that he was Andre during that Boston 1992 run, opposite David Huneryager's Firmin.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mme Reyer Mon May 28, 2012 1:57 am

Has anyone heard if anything is planned for Broadway's 25th in January?
Mme Reyer
Mme Reyer

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you all for the feedback on the brochures. Hopefully there'll also be some clues inside them!

As for the broadway production, I haven't heard of anything planned for the 25th anniversary, but I think it's fair to say everyone (including the cast) will be mighty disappointed if it isn't celebrated in a fairly grand manner. Not RAH grand, that was a celebration of 25 years of Phantom in general. I hope the Broadway celebration is more specific. But they seem to put more emphasis on the round number performances than the anniversaries, so I don't know what to think.

As for Hugh Panaro, isn't his contract ending in a week or two? I have a feeling he won't be staying on but I'm happy if he does. No matter the case, we ought to hear something soon?
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Mme Reyer Mon May 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeah. I came up to Broadway for the 20th anniversary and was disappointed that there was no real celebration. I wonder if they get all celebrated out by the time it gets to Broadway!!

Also, you're right that they tend to celebrate the numbers there: the longest running and lately the 10.000 performance.

I wish Hugh well whether he stays or leaves. I'm glad that I've gotten to hear him 3 times during this run!!
Mme Reyer
Mme Reyer

Back to top Go down

Post  thegenuinebeauty Wed May 30, 2012 12:30 am

operafantomet wrote:Thank you all for the feedback on the brochures. Hopefully there'll also be some clues inside them!

As for the broadway production, I haven't heard of anything planned for the 25th anniversary, but I think it's fair to say everyone (including the cast) will be mighty disappointed if it isn't celebrated in a fairly grand manner. Not RAH grand, that was a celebration of 25 years of Phantom in general. I hope the Broadway celebration is more specific. But they seem to put more emphasis on the round number performances than the anniversaries, so I don't know what to think.

As for Hugh Panaro, isn't his contract ending in a week or two? I have a feeling he won't be staying on but I'm happy if he does. No matter the case, we ought to hear something soon?

YEAH I have been thinking about that for quite a while, especially the biggest question of them all. Who will play the Phantom? Hugh Panaro? John Cudia? Hmmmmm. What about Christine? Trista Moldovan? Hmmmmmm. These are the questions that haunt me.
thegenuinebeauty
thegenuinebeauty

http://thegenuinebeauty.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 am

It'll be whoever is under contract to play the role at the time. They might select someone to come back for that, like they did with Howard a few months before the record-breaking performance. But it's unlikely they'll have a one-time performance by someone who isn't the regular Phantom. Though in some ways it would be cool if they did something like what they did in Toronto for the 10th, and bring back a number of previous Phantoms to do different scenes.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 pm

operafantomet wrote:I recently bought these US tour brochures off eBay:

1992 - Rick Hilsabeck - Teri Bibb (Sarah Pfisterer) - Nat Chandler (?)
1994 - Rick Hilsabeck - Sarah Pfisterer (Rita Harvey) - Nat Chandler (Atlanta)
I got these brochures today. They're both from the 2nd national tour. Luckily they had very accurate dating in the back, something later US brochures don't have (I haaaaaate the all generic ones):

One is from April 1993 and features Rick Hilsabeck, Teri Bibb (Sarah Pfisterer), Nat Chandler, Michael DeVries, David Huneryager, Patricia Hurd, Olga Talyn, Gale Oxley and Patricia Ward.

The other is from July 1994 and Rick Hilsabeck, Sarah Pfisterer (Rita Harvey), Nat Chandler, Ian Jon Bourg, David Huneryager, Patricia Hurd, Olga Talyn, Gale Oxley and Kitty Skillman Hilsabeck.

The 1993 one features a super cool full shot of Patricia Hurd in Elissa costume. I've only seen a tiny version of it. The full photo is lovely. Also, Kitty Hilsabeck has such a peculiar look for Meg. I like it.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Thu May 31, 2012 3:25 am

operafantomet wrote:
The 1993 one features a super cool full shot of Patricia Hurd in Elissa costume. I've only seen a tiny version of it. The full photo is lovely. Also, Kitty Hilsabeck has such a peculiar look for Meg. I like it.

I agree that Kitty had a very interesting look in the role. I also loved Patricia Hurd's Carlotta. She is still one of my favorites!
Stephanie
Stephanie

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Via the Broadway companies FB page " Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please?
As you know, for some weeks there have been rumors of new in-performance Broadway photos. We can now tell you that these were all true, and it is our pleasure to introduce them in the following 2-volume Photo Albums...
We'll be posting Vol 1 today and Vol 2 tomorrow.
And YES, they will include The Phantom unmasked!
Enjoy. Smile"

This is awesome!
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Reverie Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:56 am

Am about to look like a fool, but oh well, so it goes. I've been seeing the Broadway show for ten years now, and my last visit was January of 2011. Disappeared from the fandom but stayed with the show, but the cast is different when I went yesterday from Jan. 2011. Did I totally miss a cast change? o_O or did I just derp last year?
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:11 am

Do we have a new Phantom on broadway? I knew Hugh was leaving soon, but was unsure of who was replacing him.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Reverie Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:19 am

As of yesterday Hugh was still there. Unless he's leaving soon?
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:49 am

You're talking about the managers mostly, I assume. George Lee Andrews' and David Cryer's contracts weren't renewed last September-ish. So they retired, and the new Andre is GLA's son-in-law. GLA is now in the Evita ensemble. Not sure what Cryer's up to.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Reverie Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:25 am

Yeah that must be it. I've gotten so used to GLA there that it threw me off not to see him there. Same with Cryer, and Keller before that. And I've seen Hugh before, a few times, so that wasn't new.
When did Trista join the cast?
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 am

Trista joined a few months ago. I think it was earlier this year. May be longer though. Time flies by. I know Sara Jean Ford was still principal last summer and through when GLA and DC left because I saw her in late July with Hugh.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Reverie Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:17 am

Gotcha, thanks for the clarifications! I saw Ford as Christine in 2011, then. I seem to have lost my playbills which is unfortunate. The cast is mostly just new to me, then, from last year. Except for Panaro, who I'm still not fond of, but he was definitely better yesterday than he was when I was in high school. I didn't see him when I was in college.
Am definitely fond of new Andre, even though GLA will always have the M. Andre-shaped place in my heart.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:30 am

Reverie wrote:As of yesterday Hugh was still there. Unless he's leaving soon?

Unofficially, he's there until September and (I believe) is Kyle. After that, I don't know and I don't know about Trista's contract.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Trista joined in December 2011.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Kara Klein will be taking over as Meg.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/162407/kara-klein-to-assume-the-role-of-meg-giry-in-the-phantom-of-the-opera/

She was my first Meg back in 2005 and I liked her well enough. She wasn't OMG AMAZING, but I always preferred her to Heather. I hate to be negative, but I just never liked Heather as Meg...though she was better than usual at the 10,000th performance.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Kara was my third Meg, but first on Broadway, also in 2005. That was when Heather was on maternity leave, I believe.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Just thought this would be interesting to sorta share in here. This fall, Anthony Warlow will FINALLY be making his way over to Broadway but in the production of Annie as Daddy Warbucks. It pains me that while he's in the role, no doubt having fun, there is a role that he 'should' be playing just down the street.

/sad
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:26 pm

ML6 wrote:Just thought this would be interesting to sorta share in here. This fall, Anthony Warlow will FINALLY be making his way over to Broadway but in the production of Annie as Daddy Warbucks. It pains me that while he's in the role, no doubt having fun, there is a role that he 'should' be playing just down the street.
Kinda agree with this. Though I thought "Annie" was very cute in my childhood, and though there are still parts I enjoy, I think Anthony Warlow is grossly overqualified for the role of Warbucks. I'd much rather see him as either Peron or Magaldi in Evita, or obviously as the Phantom in POTO.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:30 pm

I wasn't planning on posting about this until I touched base with his manager, but a few comments have been posted on Facebook so I'll pass along the news now.

Hugh has been out of Phantom for the past few days due to the death of his father on Thursday, July 5. He should be back in sometime next week, but the exact day might change.

I don't really want to post any other details until I've heard back from his manager (who won't be back in the office until Monday) and, since I've had about a half dozen inquiries already, I'm checking to see if there is any preferred charity or organization to which people can make a donation in his father's memory.
Paula74
Paula74

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 am

Thanks for letting us know, Paula, and I'm sorry to hear about the passing of Hugh's father -- my condolences to him and his family. Sad

Do you happen to know who has taken over the role while Hugh has been out?
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 am

Thanks for letting us know, Paula. I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of Hugh's father. My condolences to him and his family.

It struck me that, in lights of this news, your forum signature graphic is apropos in a bittersweet way.

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:29 am

My sympathies go out to Hugh and his family as well. Very tragic news.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next