Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For regular Broadway theatregoers

3 posters

Go down

For regular Broadway theatregoers Empty For regular Broadway theatregoers

Post  Scorp Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:07 am

I've just booked flights to go to NYC for a week at the end of April/beginning of May. Main aim is to see Evita, but I'm also keen to see JCS, Rebecca, and possibly A Streetcar Named Desire and Death of a Salesman if I have time. Also, I hear it's practically impossible to get tix, but I would like to see Book of Mormon if it's possible.

I've been to Broadway a few times before, but last time I made a trip to Broadway to see Phantom there, a friend of mine who lived in the area took care of booking everything for me and managed to get most tix discounted for me, even for Wicked. I'm not 100% sure she'll be able to do this for me this time, so in case not, can anyone recommend some good methods of getting discounted tix (besides TKTS)? Evita is particularly pricey and I'm wondering if there's anyway of getting great seats for that at a lower price. For the other shows, I'm not so bothered about where I sit.

So can anyone recommend any trustworthy sites that do discounts? And does anyone know how likely it is for the above shows to be discounted in the first place?

Also, are there any websites which tell you about the quality of seats and value-for-money of the seats at the Broadway theatre (in a similar vein to the TheatreMonkey site for London)?

Thanks to anyone who can help! Smile
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

For regular Broadway theatregoers Empty Re: For regular Broadway theatregoers

Post  ML6 Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:12 am

Scorp wrote:I've just booked flights to go to NYC for a week at the end of April/beginning of May. Main aim is to see Evita, but I'm also keen to see JCS, Rebecca, and possibly A Streetcar Named Desire and Death of a Salesman if I have time. Also, I hear it's practically impossible to get tix, but I would like to see Book of Mormon if it's possible.

I've been to Broadway a few times before, but last time I made a trip to Broadway to see Phantom there, a friend of mine who lived in the area took care of booking everything for me and managed to get most tix discounted for me, even for Wicked. I'm not 100% sure she'll be able to do this for me this time, so in case not, can anyone recommend some good methods of getting discounted tix (besides TKTS)? Evita is particularly pricey and I'm wondering if there's anyway of getting great seats for that at a lower price. For the other shows, I'm not so bothered about where I sit.

So can anyone recommend any trustworthy sites that do discounts? And does anyone know how likely it is for the above shows to be discounted in the first place?

Also, are there any websites which tell you about the quality of seats and value-for-money of the seats at the Broadway theatre (in a similar vein to the TheatreMonkey site for London)?

Thanks to anyone who can help! Smile

Ditto, because I shall be accompanying him on this quest. Wink
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:32 am

I've used the discount codes found on BroadwayBox.com to book tix in the past. Hot (and just opened) shows are obviously, going to be harder to find discounts for Sad

R.

Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 am

Raphael wrote:I've used the discount codes found on BroadwayBox.com to book tix in the past. Hot (and just opened) shows are obviously, going to be harder to find discounts for Sad

R.

Yeah, BroadwayBox seems to be the one everyone uses. Looks like I'll have to wait for certain shows to open before finding any discounts for them there. Thanks anyway!
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down