Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The German productions

+12
Paula74
operafantomet
MajesticPhantom
Loettchen
Scorp
ML6
justin-from-barbados
TheFinnishPhantom
Devon
AlwaysChristine
stagehand
Miss von Krolock
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The German productions - Page 4 Empty Re: The German productions

Post  operafantomet Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm

So the Hamburg production has been extended once again, now selling tickets until February.

There's also an upcoming cast change in September/October sometime, probably corresponding with how long the cast members originally signed up for. Their Carlotta Rachel Anne Moore has announced she's staying on, while u/s Christine Michelle van de Ven is leaving.

Their u/s Piangi Johnny Ellis is also leaving - to become the new principal Piangi in West End!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennie Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:20 pm

operafantomet wrote:So the current Hamburg production has extended its run, until autumn sometime.

Someone at Det Ny Teater told me that the plan has been all along to extend the run until a year or so, and then Love Never Dies will follow. We'll see…

There are also negotiations for a new Hamburg cast album!

If Hamburg does LND, do you thing there is any chance it would be based on the Copenhagen production???? *Dreams of the Beast*

Jennie

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Jennie wrote:
operafantomet wrote:So the current Hamburg production has extended its run, until autumn sometime.

Someone at Det Ny Teater told me that the plan has been all along to extend the run until a year or so, and then Love Never Dies will follow. We'll see…

If Hamburg does LND, do you thing there is any chance it would be based on the Copenhagen production????  *Dreams of the Beast*

The Copenhagen production had some awesome design and staging going on, so it would make me happy. But I think it's a much bigger chance we'll see the Aussie design appearing, with them having just used it in Japan and it now being up for grabs and all…

I also think Det Ny Teater has plans of a revival in a year or three, so they'd want to keep the existing sets and costumes themselves. At least, from what some key persons said, they're storing it in a way that indicates a revival.

I'm very happy the original POTO production got a longer run than planned, though. First they extended it from August to October (something I think was planned all along), and then from October to February - and I don't think THIS was the original plan. So hooray for that!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennie Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Det Ny may be considering a revival? Sounds good to me!! That production was awesome.

Jennie

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:42 am

Had another trip to Neue Flora Theater and Hamburg. What a trip!

Catched three performances - and finally the principals Mathias Edenborn and Valerie Link too. Awesome to see them both. Matias Edenborn seems to have worked a lot on his portrayal and/or settled in the role, he had many interesting details going on. He also seemed to have vocally gone for a more classical style, instead of the twangy sound he did when he started.

Valerie Link is one of the truly classical Christines. Classical both in vocal sense and in her portrayal. Super solid, kinda old school vibes, and never ever insecure on the high notes. She is also noticably pregant by now (well, most costumes conceal it, but it's hard to not stand out in the Hannibal Slavegirl costume, next to 7 tiny dancers wearing the exact same costume). They had tweaked the blocking a bit, so whenever she was supposed to fall to the floor she did it gracefully and never all the way down - just looked like her Christine had a lot of dignity. For the fainting scene, the Phantom caught her by her hand just before she fell, so he gracefully let her "roll down" on stage (though I think this was a Mathias Edenborn thing, he also did it with Michelle van de Ven).

I'm always an alternate/understudy magnet, so also here. For the first show Michelle van de Ven was on as Christine, and Mami Iwai as Meg Giry. For the second show, Marco Fahrland was on as André and Mami Iwai again as Meg Giry. For the third show, David Arnsperger (alt.) did his last performance in Hamburg (and oh man he was on fire), Norbert Kohler was on as André and Hinako Sakuraoka was on as Meg Giry (principal Meg was on vacation).

There weren't any grand mishaps, but some minor ones. Passarino's mic malfunction at one performance, a ballerina fell flat on her butt when fleeing stage after the Il Muto ballet and had to be dragged out by a co-dancer (apparently she wasn't injured). And Christine got way too big shoes for the dressing room scene, but again not too noticeable. Overall it was smooth sailing.

I also got to costume and set nerd hard, which was a definitive highlight.

For some reason, the rehearsals for "Love Never Dies" happens at Neue Flora (cause Operettenhaus, where they're to perform, don't have the rehearsal space). So they were loading in props and costumes when I was there. Four POTO cast members had their last performance yesterday and starts LND rehearsals today, including Rachel Anne Moore (POTO Carlotta, LND Christine). And yet NO NEWS on who's replaced her, though they have gotten a new Carlotta. We'll see.

So yeah... Long story short, great trip, great cast(s). Now I'm excited to see who's joining the Oberhausen cast and who comes in as brand new and probably surprising choices!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:31 am

So Rachel Anne Moore has left to start rehearsals for "Love Never Dies".

They've gotten a new Carlotta to replace her.

AND YET NOT A SINGLE WORD ON WHO SHE IS?!?

Anyone?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:35 am

I could have sworn I responded to your review... must not have hit "send" and then exited my browser!

I really have no idea who Carlotta is. Are the covers playing it through the closure, and the "new" lady starting in Oberhausen?

Pipe dream--- I'd like to see Drew Sarich as the Phantom if they're going to continue having musical theatre actors cast instead of the old school classic voices from the 90s.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:16 am

MajesticPhantom wrote:I could have sworn I responded to your review... must not have hit "send" and then exited my browser!

I really have no idea who Carlotta is. Are the covers playing it through the closure, and the "new" lady starting in Oberhausen?

Pipe dream--- I'd like to see Drew Sarich as the Phantom if they're going to continue having musical theatre actors cast instead of the old school classic voices from the 90s.

I think the idea is that the people starting now will also be in the Oberhausen cast. It's the case for swing Vasilios Manis and for Christine u/s Annemarijn Mandaag. I *think* the new Carlotta is Susan Gouthro, but I'm absolutely not sure. I must admit I'm a bit surprised they just do the "X days until closing" countdown and not telling about new principals.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Brent Barrett as phantom and Elizabeth Welch as Christine..........(so the rumours go)
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:31 pm

The Brent rumor seems substantial, based on his own tweet: https://twitter.com/bbbbarrett/status/644178160901165056

Where is the Welch rumor coming from?

And does no European stars wanna live in Oberhausen? haha
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Brent Barrett and Elizabeth Welch are confirmed! Here's the full cast list. Some familiar names from the Hamburg revival, and Joelle Gates is in the ensemble, as well. Interested to hear how the American cast members do when singing their roles in German!
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:05 am

Tickets are on sale through August 2016! The blocks keep opening up! Smile
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content