Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Differences between cast productions

2 posters

Go down

Differences between cast productions Empty Differences between cast productions

Post  SFPhan Fri May 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi everyone. I think it'd be fun to list the different idiosyncrasies of different cast productions in one place. I'll start:

-The Phantom catches Christine after MOTN in the London production, while he lets her fall in the Broadway production.
-In Wandering Child, the London production is sung as a trio between the Phantom, Christine, and Raoul, while the rest of the productions have kept it as a duet between the Phantom and Christine.
-The blocking between the Phantom and Christine at the end of PONR (where he's sitting on the bench with her behind him, before the unmasking) is different between the London cast and the Broadway cast.
- Different designs of Phantom masks between different productions.

Let's see what else we can come up with!

SFPhan

Back to top Go down

Differences between cast productions Empty Re: Differences between cast productions

Post  Raphael Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:27 am

Hello SFPhan, and welcome to the forum Smile

I believe some of the MotN choreography (in addition to the "catch" or lack thereof) is different between London and Broadway. "Close your eyes/Let your spirit start to soar" comes to mind.

The city Lefevre runs off to also varies, particularly in foreign productions. In the Philippines stop of the World Tour, he ran off to Boracay.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down