Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 2

+52
phan101
Viscountess
zcfthf8
tromp-la-mort
HerMajesty
LadyCDaae
RatSalsa
charleygirl
TheFinnishPhantom
StrangerThanUDreamt
phantom10906
Porteña
exopotamie
tjacks55
PridePhan
Blaidd_Drwg
justin1976
Madame Giry
PhantomsGhost
London-Phan
Bunvendor
ravnquest1
Vicomtesse de Chagny
Lycanthrope
AlwaysChristine
Princess
MajesticPhantom
TheStudent
ifonlyidont
ML6
Phantomlove
Paula74
MasqPhan
mona lisa
Mandrake
JW89
Hilde
Callie Daae
Klavirista
Raphael
Miss von Krolock
PMB1034
EarlFan
Bric
auctioneer
Helen
starryeyed
Scorp
justin-from-barbados
operafantomet
Aled_Boyo
SenorSwanky
56 posters

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

The London production 2 - Page 28 Empty Re: The London production 2

Post  London-Phan Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:26 am

Killian is leaving too. Gareth is staying and I think Barry is as well. Not sure about any others, oh Simon Shorten is staying which I'm happy about because I really want to see him as the Phantom.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm

I was just thinking of people who could possibly be the next Phantom and I was thinking that Tim Rogers would be good what does everyone else think? And he's just finished in Jekyll and Hyde so would be available for Phantom, it probably won't happen but would be cool.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:31 pm

A little bit of news, a guy called Peter Dukes is joining the cast as a swing and he starts rehearsals on 6th August. So the new principals have most likely been cast now, so hopefully we'll hear pretty soon.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks for the start!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

I've just found out that the new cast won't be announced until the week before they start, so around 27th August. Although I'm sure that we might have heard something by then from twitter or something. And André, Firmin, Piangi, Mme Giry and Meg are also staying on. So the only major changes are Phantom, Raoul, Carlotta and Christine alternate. I'm sure there'll be a few changes in the ensemble too.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 am

Hm... I find that so strange. I always feel it's better to announce new people sooner to generate excitement. But it is their prerogative.

I am glad McAvoy is staying on. She is one of the more intriguing Girys I have seen. Her Giry has very, very specific point of view on her role in the opera community, and she seems to almost enjoy it at the beginning of the show.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Some info about the upcoming cast change:
http://cosettepontmercy.tumblr.com/post/27332875604/ok-so-im-sorry-if-this-post-involves-a-lot-of

phantom cast change (west end): they asked hadley to take over as raoul, but he refused.
ben lewis wanted to audition to play the phantom (apparently he even flew over here to do so!) but they didn’t let him??
someone who has previously played the phantom on broadway (approximately a year ago? i’m not that familiar with broadway phantoms oop) is auditioning and looks set to get the role.
she couldn’t tell me who’s taking over as christine, but apparently it is someone who has played christine before, and it is someone notable. (and it’s not gina beck or katie hall. sobs)
I don't find this very trustworthy, but interesting anyways.
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 pm

sounds fishy to me also. but if it were true...............

christine who played it before (but will be coming in only as alternate) could they be bringing back Celia, or Rachel? there is also Robyn and maybe Leila. wouldnt it be wierd if they brought in someone from way back.

as for a phantom on broadway a year ago, that is pretty much nobody, unless maybe they meant John Cudia, which would be a nice change. Howard left more than a year ago and I dont think he has any plans on coming back.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 pm

MajesticPhantom wrote:I am glad McAvoy is staying on. She is one of the more intriguing Girys I have seen. Her Giry has very, very specific point of view on her role in the opera community, and she seems to almost enjoy it at the beginning of the show.

I'm so pleased she's staying too. I've been lucky enough to see her quite a few times now, and I always really enjoy her portrayal. I'm glad I'll get to see her again.

sounds fishy to me also. but if it were true...............

christine who played it before (but will be coming in only as alternate) could they be bringing back Celia, or Rachel? there is also Robyn and maybe Leila. wouldnt it be wierd if they brought in someone from way back.

I can't think of any other relatively recent London Christines. If it's true, Leila would be my choice.

I've just found out that the new cast won't be announced until the week before they start, so around 27th August. Although I'm sure that we might have heard something by then from twitter or something.

In the meantime, we'll just have to be patient and have fun guessing!

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 am

Helen wrote:
I can't think of any other relatively recent London Christines. If it's true, Leila would be my choice.
I really hope it's Leila too even though it feels like such a long shot. Her acting was amazing and her voice is the cutest thing. Though whoever it is, it would be as alternate since Sofia signed for another year, right?

Something tells me if Ben Lewis wanted to audition, -outside of a visa issue- he would absolutely be allowed to audition if he isn't practically guaranteed the role (given ALW's love for his LND people and the influence he would obviously have on casting).

So I'm more than a little skeptical.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:35 am

Viscountess wrote:Though whoever it is, it would be as alternate since Sofia signed for another year, right?

Yes, Sofia's staying on as principal Christine.

Something tells me if Ben Lewis wanted to audition, -outside of a visa issue- he would absolutely be allowed to audition if he isn't practically guaranteed the role (given ALW's love for his LND people and the influence he would obviously have on casting).

I meant to ask this earlier, who's Ben Lewis?

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:07 am

Helen wrote:

He was the Phantom in the Australian LND.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Viscountess wrote:
Helen wrote:

He was the Phantom in the Australian LND.
In my world, he is the brother of Alexander Lewis, Raoul in the World Tour. Twisted Evil

Seriously though, Ben Lewis has a dark, nice voice, I would like to hear him in the original. But he needs to work on his acting, and especially that crazy eyes look.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:00 pm

I don't think I believe alot of what was said by the mystery person. For starters, I doubt very much that Ben Lewis fly over because he wanted to audition without actually having an audition so to say he flew over wanting to audition but they wouldn't let him sounds far fetched. Plus I'm sure they would definitely let him audition for the role even if they ended up not casting him. John Cudia was asked on twitter recently if he would return to Phantom and he said he had no plans too. But then he may have just meant the Broadway production, or maybe it was just to throw people off? But then we don't know for sure it was John Cudia that they were talking about. And they also said that Gerard wasn't singing in the movie, you could tell it was him his his accent came through a lot and if they were going to dub him then why not get someone with an amazing voice?
So I'm a bit skeptical about the "news".
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:31 pm

^ Agreed

I have a feeling if Ben Lewis wanted the role...I know he's mentioned he would love to do it on Broadway; that he would get it mainly for the fact he is on the blu-ray-dvd of LND, and obviously Webber liked something about him. We know Peter auditioned for LND, and was later called in for londons new Phantom; so I highly doubt he couldnt audition, because in all reality he probably wouldnt even have to.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 pm

I agree that Ben - or anyone else in a similar position - wouldn't just fly to London hoping to get an audition...that sort of thing would be scheduled by an agent before the flight was even booked.

Not to mention that previously mentioned claim about dubbing the 2004 movie made me Rolling Eyes

Now, I did see a second claim on Twitter that the next London Phantom is an American with previous experience in the show and his name begins with M.

It's probably a coincidence, but Marcus Lovett has been posting status updates on Facebook using "ph" instead of "f."

Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:47 pm

That would be a blast from the past. He hasn't played the role in 18 years, and it was only for about 9 months. Would love to see what he can do with it now. It'd also be his first theater role in a number of years; I think he's only been doing commercial voiceovers since the late 90s or early 00s.

Edit: What Twitter feed were you looking at? This is the only one I found: https://twitter.com/marcuslovettmlo
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I would absolutely love it if Marcus was the new Phantom! I've heard bits of him in Phantom and liked what I heard also he was brilliant in WDTW. So that would be awesome, I think maybe it's a long shot though especially as SenorSwanky said, he hasn't done any shows for a long time.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Nadim Naaman announced that he is leaving at Cast Change. He wasn't offered full-time Raoul (but was offered a renewal of his 1st cover status), which indicates they outsourced, again (could be a return or newbie, who knows!). He's a wonderful Raoul, and I theorize he wasn't cast due to timing, not because he isn't amazing.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 am

No News about the new Cast?
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  tromp-la-mort Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 am

SweetChristine wrote:No News about the new Cast?
Given that the rehearsals start on Monday, it's kind of high time to announce the new cast cyclops
tromp-la-mort
tromp-la-mort

http://nadaalopov.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:32 am

Not sure if it's true but apparently Anna O'byrne is the new alternate Christine. I've had a look to see if I can confirm this. On her Twitter she has said the other day that she is in rehearsals for her new project in London. And I know that August 6th was the rehearsals start date given by a member of the ensemble but it's possible the principals have already started?
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:27 am

London-Phan wrote:Not sure if it's true but apparently Anna O'byrne is the new alternate Christine. I've had a look to see if I can confirm this. On her Twitter she has said the other day that she is in rehearsals for her new project in London. And I know that August 6th was the rehearsals start date given by a member of the ensemble but it's possible the principals have already started?

It´s all so mysterious. I hope we know soon who will following and what Anna will do.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:44 am

Simon Shorten was asked on twitter if any Aussies were joint the cast and he said the lady who was Christine in LND in Australia. So I guess that probably means she's the new alternate Christine. Hopefully now rehearsals are underway we'll find out about Phantom and Raoul before the official announcement at the end of the month.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:16 pm

I'd believe it, then. That's exciting. She's a gorgeous actress, and has a beautiful sound. I look forward to seeing her this December!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:22 pm

London-Phan wrote:Simon Shorten was asked on twitter if any Aussies were joint the cast and he said the lady who was Christine in LND in Australia. So I guess that probably means she's the new alternate Christine. Hopefully now rehearsals are underway we'll find out about Phantom and Raoul before the official announcement at the end of the month.

That would be great. One LND (Claire Lyon) Christine plays in Manila, one (Erin Hasan) works on her album and hopefully Anna will be alternate in London.
I am in London in september. Maybe I must book a matinee.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:02 pm

The alternate Christine regularly plays Monday and Friday nights in London.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:16 pm

MajesticPhantom wrote:The alternate Christine regularly plays Monday and Friday nights in London.

That´s my chance. Hope we know the new cast soon.
That would change some plans.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 am

Ok guys I've been doing some searching and I went on Marcus Lovett's facebook page and there is lot of pictures of London that he's posting and his location when posting a status says London,which means he in london and he posted some pics of him getting a face cast done a couple of days ago and someone commented saying "phacial". So it looks like he's our new Phantom! How awesome is that, I can't wait!!
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  zcfthf8 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:01 am

London-Phan wrote:Ok guys I've been doing some searching and I went on Marcus Lovett's facebook page and there is lot of pictures of London that he's posting and his location when posting a status says London,which means he in london and he posted some pics of him getting a face cast done a couple of days ago and someone commented saying "phacial". So it looks like he's our new Phantom! How awesome is that, I can't wait!!

Wow - very exciting!

I have never heard Marcus sing - I know very little about him.

Could someone give some info on him - what are your views?

Is he comparable to previous Phantoms?

Very excited to see someone 'new' in the role - he last played Phantom in 1993!

zcfthf8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next