Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 2

+52
phan101
Viscountess
zcfthf8
tromp-la-mort
HerMajesty
LadyCDaae
RatSalsa
charleygirl
TheFinnishPhantom
StrangerThanUDreamt
phantom10906
Porteña
exopotamie
tjacks55
PridePhan
Blaidd_Drwg
justin1976
Madame Giry
PhantomsGhost
London-Phan
Bunvendor
ravnquest1
Vicomtesse de Chagny
Lycanthrope
AlwaysChristine
Princess
MajesticPhantom
TheStudent
ifonlyidont
ML6
Phantomlove
Paula74
MasqPhan
mona lisa
Mandrake
JW89
Hilde
Callie Daae
Klavirista
Raphael
Miss von Krolock
PMB1034
EarlFan
Bric
auctioneer
Helen
starryeyed
Scorp
justin-from-barbados
operafantomet
Aled_Boyo
SenorSwanky
56 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

The London production 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: The London production 2

Post  MajesticPhantom Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Operafantomet- No, you are right. No one denied him taking new photos... everyone is just pointing out that they were photoshopped. It's obvious that Sofia's body is different from the previous photo... it very well could actually be her body, but for some reason they use the same head from the JOJ photo... And I just realize that JOJ's photo lacks the ring! Laughing

And while it might seem "arbitrary" to some, I think debating the use of photoshop (which I strongly do not believe in) is viable. Truthfulness if FAR more interesting.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  charleygirl Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:23 pm

MajesticPhantom wrote: And I just realize that JOJ's photo lacks the ring! Laughing

For once, that's not a Photoshopping error. He wears it on his right hand:

The London production 2 - Page 24 Th_we24joj
charleygirl
charleygirl

http://www.charleygirl.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Aha! Thank you. Very Happy
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 am

A fan of Peter Jöback tells why the newly published photos are not photoshopped:

Sofia Escobar is an extremely good actress, so same/similar poses photographed from similar angles are often possible. As for the angel, models vary. Its just logical.
Smile Laughing Twisted Evil
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 am

That is quite funny. I mean yes she could be very good at the same pose but to get the shadows on her face and neck identical is pretty unlikely. It doesn't make sense though why they'd change her head when it was a new photo, unless they thought her expression looked better on the old pic or maybe Sofia was off on the photo shoot day so someone else did the pose then they put sophias head in? It's just very strange that they don't just use the whole new pictures, because it would be more expensive for them to do all the photoshopping than just printing the actual photos.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:02 pm

operafantomet wrote:
I also think Jöback is unnaturally large compared to the golden angel. It would tip over from his weight, wouldn't it? That, plus the angle looks identical to the golden angel appearing in the photo of David Shannon:
The London production 2 - Page 24 Photoshoppedangel

Wow.... it's Jobackzilla! Surprised

Hmmm. I do find the texture of his Angel cape interesting though. In the US, at least as far as I've seen from pics and youtube clips, the Angel cape is very sheer and lacks texture, patterning, or decoration. Here, Jobackzilla's cape seems to have some type of ornamentation embossed into the fabric, and even some decorative appliques. Of course, it may be I just didn't notice this before - but in David Shannon's, and I think Ramin Karimloo's Angel, photos - they're wearing their standard Boat Scene fancy beaded cape, so I don't have a point of comparison. The one in Joback's picture doesn't look remotely like the Boat Scene cape though - very 'crushed' and shiny fabric. Hmm.

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  HerMajesty Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Madame Giry wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
I also think Jöback is unnaturally large compared to the golden angel. It would tip over from his weight, wouldn't it? That, plus the angle looks identical to the golden angel appearing in the photo of David Shannon:
https://2img.net/h/i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/potocostumes/1potouploads2/photoshoppedangel.png

Wow.... it's Jobackzilla! Surprised

Hmmm. I do find the texture of his Angel cape interesting though. In the US, at least as far as I've seen from pics and youtube clips, the Angel cape is very sheer and lacks texture, patterning, or decoration. Here, Jobackzilla's cape seems to have some type of ornamentation embossed into the fabric, and even some decorative appliques. Of course, it may be I just didn't notice this before - but in David Shannon's, and I think Ramin Karimloo's Angel, photos - they're wearing their standard Boat Scene fancy beaded cape, so I don't have a point of comparison. The one in Joback's picture doesn't look remotely like the Boat Scene cape though - very 'crushed' and shiny fabric. Hmm.

~Madame~

I think it's the same cape but I notice it was different when we saw him the other week. I didn't take too much notice of how different, but I did think it was more patterned than normal.

HerMajesty

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:38 am

According to Peter Jöback's official FB, he's currently on holiday in Stockholm...? It's not an announced holiday on his website. Speculating wildly, I assume he's off to get some vocal rest, or to promote his upcoming musical tour. I might be wrong.

So people will probably see Scott Davies tonight and possibly tomorrow?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 am

operafantomet wrote:According to Peter Jöback's official FB, he's currently on holiday in Stockholm...? It's not an announced holiday on his website. Speculating wildly, I assume he's off to get some vocal rest, or to promote his upcoming musical tour. I might be wrong.

Great and I am not in London Sad
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 am

operafantomet wrote:According to Peter Jöback's official FB, he's currently on holiday in Stockholm...? It's not an announced holiday on his website. Speculating wildly, I assume he's off to get some vocal rest, or to promote his upcoming musical tour. I might be wrong.

Yeah I was surprised that he was on holiday until Thursday yet the dates haven't been mentioned anywhere. I think you may be right about him being off to rest his voice, I'm not sure weather it's because of the the throat infection the other week or the throat infection and other absences is due to it being too much for his voice?
Changing the subject slightly, get in to london theatre has got offers on again for west end shows/plays from 21st June until 9th semptember. I think pretty much all shows are on there including phantom at really good discounts. I've already booked for phantom, the prices are £65,£50,£41 reduced to £40,£30,£30. So a pretty good saving although it's a bit strange that the £50 and £41 tickets are both reduced to £30.
Here's the link
http://www.getintolondontheatre.co.uk/home/
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:12 pm

I just think the photoshop arguement is so nonsensical, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE that you can have christine strile a pose and have the shadoe of her nexc fall EXACTLY the same place on her chest
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:12 am

I saw Phantom last week. Fantastic performance. Understudy madness, with Katy Treharne on for Christine, and also understudies for Carlotta, Madame Giry, Meg and Andre. I loved Peter Joback in Final Lair, but overall, I couldn't really make up my mind about him. It was lovely to see Katy Treharne again as Christine. She's a gorgeous Christine, probably my favourite. Carmen Vass played Carlotta and I was very impressed. She's the second cover. It's been ages since I've seen anyone other than Wendy Ferguson play Carlotta. I love Wendy's Carlotta, but it was nice to see someone different. Carmen was very charming, cute and funny and had incredible stage presence and an amazing voice. She was just a really excellent Carlotta. I don't know the name of the actress who played Mme Giry, but I enjoyed her portrayal very much. Nice authoritive presence and a strong, clear singing and speaking voice. Everyone else was good. Many thanks to all involved.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 am

Oooh, interesting alternate/understudy bonanza there! Katy Treharne is at the top of my list of Christines I want to see live. She has a beautiful voice, and people always seem to love her portrayal.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 pm

I love it when I go and see the show and get to see the understudies. I actually prefer Katy and Nadim to Sofia and Killian. I like Wendy Ferguson as Carlotta but I'm sad to say that at this point she doesn't really bring anything new into the role and I would love to see someone else as Carlotta. After what you said Helen, I would love to see Carmen Vass in the role.
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 pm

EarlFan wrote:I love it when I go and see the show and get to see the understudies. I actually prefer Katy and Nadim to Sofia and Killian. I like Wendy Ferguson as Carlotta but I'm sad to say that at this point she doesn't really bring anything new into the role and I would love to see someone else as Carlotta. After what you said Helen, I would love to see Carmen Vass in the role.

I love that too.... not everywhere but often.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 pm

EarlFan wrote:I love it when I go and see the show and get to see the understudies. I actually prefer Katy and Nadim to Sofia and Killian. I like Wendy Ferguson as Carlotta but I'm sad to say that at this point she doesn't really bring anything new into the role and I would love to see someone else as Carlotta. After what you said Helen, I would love to see Carmen Vass in the role.

I'd love to see Katy and Nadim together. I wasn't crazy about Killian's Raoul, which surprised me, as I thought he was amazing in Les Mis. About this time last year, I felt that way about Wendy Ferguson as Carlotta, but the last few times I've seen her, she's been amazing. I think I prefer Carmen Vass, though. I think Carmen would also make a good Christine.

Katy Treharne is at the top of my list of Christines I want to see live. She has a beautiful voice, and people always seem to love her portrayal.

I'd definately recommend seeing her if you get the chance. I've been lucky enough to see her a few times now, and she gets better each time.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 am

Looks like the new Souvenir brochure is out now. Can't wait to see it.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 pm

London-Phan wrote:Looks like the new Souvenir brochure is out now. Can't wait to see it.
The brochure is definitely out. Some pics are already circulating on the internet!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Great news! Glad Peter is def getting one, wonder if it's on the RUG site yet, or just at HM theatre as of now?
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Thu May 03, 2012 2:38 am

Any word yet on possible cast changes this September? I'm specifically sort of wondering if Sofia Escobar will be staying on after her second contract with the role?
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 am

According to Peter Jöback's Facebook he's off sick again and will not do today's shows. A bit worrying, I can't help but wonder how his voice is coping with playing The Phantom 8 times a week. He was off sick just a while ago as well and he also had a few days holiday. From reading the comments on his Facebook and website a lot of people obviously get disappointed when they don't get to see him in the show due to his absence. Maybe he's off because of a cold or something this time but who knows...
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat May 05, 2012 3:39 pm

EarlFan wrote:According to Peter Jöback's Facebook he's off sick again and will not do today's shows. A bit worrying, I can't help but wonder how his voice is coping with playing The Phantom 8 times a week. He was off sick just a while ago as well and he also had a few days holiday. From reading the comments on his Facebook and website a lot of people obviously get disappointed when they don't get to see him in the show due to his absence. Maybe he's off because of a cold or something this time but who knows...
I think he, for everyone's sake, should have a Phantom alternate for the rest of his run. I agree that the level of off-days he's had so far is a bit worrying. It is of course impossible to say what it's due to, when no official comment is made, but I can't help thinking he's pushing himself too hard. Either mentally or vocal wise, or both. Having Scott Davies as alternate, with two fixed performance dates a week, would give Jöback's fans an idea of when he's NOT on, and it would also give Jöback some rest. I get the feeling he need it.

Speaking of Peter Jöback, there was a short, but incredibly honest interview with him in the Norwegian paper Aftenposten today. The interview is not in their online edition, at least not yet, but he explained why the role of the Phantom appealed so much to him. Challenging childhood, parent dying when he was young, alcohol issues, you name it. I always feel an immense respect for people exposing their darkest and most vulnerable sides without making a big fuzz out of it. I'll try and get a hold of a copy (just briefly read it at work) if it doesn't appear online.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat May 05, 2012 5:07 pm

operafantomet wrote:
I think he, for everyone's sake, should have a Phantom alternate for the rest of his run. I agree that the level of off-days he's had so far is a bit worrying. It is of course impossible to say what it's due to, when no official comment is made, but I can't help thinking he's pushing himself too hard. Either mentally or vocal wise, or both. Having Scott Davies as alternate, with two fixed performance dates a week, would give Jöback's fans an idea of when he's NOT on, and it would also give Jöback some rest. I get the feeling he need it.
Agreed. Despite being onstage for a comparatively short period of time, the role isn't exactly a cakewalk. Perhaps Jöback hasn't built up the physical or mental endurance to handle it quite yet.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Sat May 05, 2012 5:34 pm

I, too, was wondering and concerned about all of Peter's absences from the role. While I do hope that he's alright physically and mentally, I'm more interested with how his show contract is structured. I would imagine, but of course I don't know for sure, that he's allowed a maximum number of absences and/or he's required to do a minimum number of performances in order to fulfill his contract and continue to get paid. I'm not trying to say that he's taking time off without good reason. I am saying that I hope he doesn't inadvertently lose sight of his obligations to the company.

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sat May 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes the Phantoms role is not easy. Hope he´ll get well soon.

I am in June in London and will see Phantom again (Ghost, Sweeny Todd and West End Live for the first time)! Yeah! Very Happy
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat May 05, 2012 9:05 pm

So Peter Jöback is off sick, and Robyn North is on as emergency cover...
What's going on at Her Majesty's Theatre? Laughing

https://twitter.com/#!/robynnorthpiper
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm

operafantomet wrote:So Peter Jöback is off sick, and Robyn North is on as emergency cover...

How does they choose who will be emergency cover?
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  HerMajesty Sun May 06, 2012 1:09 pm

SweetChristine wrote:
operafantomet wrote:So Peter Jöback is off sick, and Robyn North is on as emergency cover...

Whoever has done it before and is available at short notice. Gina Beck has also been emergency cover. I believe Tim Morgan is still emergency cover Phantom after all these years Laughing I saw him in Mary Poppins one night and the night after he was on as Phantom Laughing

I don't believe for minute Peter Jöback will fulfill his contract, he had to try so very hard when we saw him there is no way any performer could keep that up. I'll give him 2 months.

HerMajesty

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 pm

HerMajesty wrote:
SweetChristine wrote:

Whoever has done it before and is available at short notice. Gina Beck has also been emergency cover. I believe Tim Morgan is still emergency cover Phantom after all these years Laughing I saw him in Mary Poppins one night and the night after he was on as Phantom Laughing

I don't believe for minute Peter Jöback will fulfill his contract, he had to try so very hard when we saw him there is no way any performer could keep that up. I'll give him 2 months.

It´s great that the actors are emergency cover. In every production that they played before or only there?
Everyone from the Phantom production could be asked if I he or she can? It´s interesting that they play it again.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  HerMajesty Sun May 06, 2012 4:42 pm

SweetChristine wrote:
HerMajesty wrote:
SweetChristine wrote:

It´s great that the actors are emergency cover. In every production that they played before or only there?
Everyone from the Phantom production could be asked if I he or she can? It´s interesting that they play it again.

Well, not everyone, but someone who is reliable, decentish and in town at the time.

For example, JOJ will have been emergency cover whilst in Les Mis.

HerMajesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next