Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television

+4
Scorp
TheFinnishPhantom
SenorSwanky
ML6
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television

Post  ladygodiva Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:45 am

1986 Evening Standard Awards with the following from the phantom of the Opera, 1. the Phantom of the Opera title song, Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman, 2. All I ask of you with Steve Barton and Sarah Brightman, 3. Masqaraude with Sarah Brightman, and Steve Barton and the cast. In full costume

1987 Royal Variety show, Wishing You Were somehow hear again, with the Alternate lyrics, What I'd give to have you here again, with Sarah Brightman in full costume

1988 Tony Awards with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman, 1. The Phantom of the Opera title song, 2. Music of the Night, in full costume

1992 Salute to Cameron Mackintosh All I ask of you with Michael Ball, and Claire Moore. In full Costume

March 3, 1988 Bob Hope Special, All I ask of you with Sarah Brightman and Steve Barton,

1989 Presidential Inaguaral Gala, Music of the Night, Michael Crawford and Dale Kristien, in full costume

1990 Music Center Anniversary, All I ask of You with Reece Holland and Dale Kristien, in full costume

February 1990 Bob Hope Special, Music of the Night with Michael Crawford and Dale Kristien, in full costume

1988 Reviewers reel, All I Ask of You with Sarah Brightman and Steve Barton, Music of the Night Micheal Crawford and Sarah Brightman, Masquarade with Sarah Brightman, Steve Barton and the Company, Wishing You were somehow here again, with Sarah Brightman, each one has a good size chunk of the song.

1990 Motown special, Music of the night Robert Guillaume and Dale Kristien in costume.

11-1989, Grammy Living Legends, Music of the Night Sarah Brightman, in gypsy type costume

5-1990, Tonight Show, Music of the Night, Sarh Brightman in white dress, with Andrew Lloyd Webber on Piano

1989 Tonight show Wishing You were somehow here again, Sarah Brightman, in granny dress.

Early 1990's Telethon All I ask of you with Dale Kristien, and Michael Piontek.

1989-or 1990 Chuck woolery show, Think of Me, Dale Kristien, David Chaddick on Piano

1991 Tony Awards Music of the nIght, Michael Crawford

1989 CBS this Morning, Music of the Night, Chris Croendaal.

1989, Pat Sajak Show, All I ask of You, Reece Holland, Dale Kristien, David Chaddick on Piano

1986, Southbank show Andrew Lloyd Webber, Past the Point of No Return with Micheal Crawford and SarahBrightman, in costume the first full dress rehearsal

1986 David Frost, interview with ALW, All I ask of You Sarah Brightman and Steve Barton in costume

1992 Boston, People are talking, Music of the Night Kevin Gray

1988 European Tv, Music of the Night Dave Willets, and All I ask of You with Dave Willets and I cant think of her name

early 1990's All I ask of you Mcheal Ball and Lisa Hull

I will add more to list when I can remember

Last edited by ladygodiva on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Performances behind the scenes of Das Phantom Der Oper, 1988, Vienna

Post  ladygodiva Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:00 am

Das Phantom der Oper Vienna Opening

2 Austrian critics and John Higgans from the London Times discuss ALW and his works (German voice over you can only hear english faintly

interview with ALW

Rehearsal footage, Jillian Lynne rehearsing Il muto with Luzia Nistler

Denk an Mich, Think of Me, Luzia Nistler, in costume with nearly the entire song., she loses her tiara when she spins around

Liebes Lotte Little Lotte Scene

Maskenball

Cafe Central with Erhard Bhusak

News reviews ORF

Behind the scenes

Phantom der oper scene Gobel and nistler nearly entire scene

more maskenball

Reiviews Kultur Journal

reviews

ALW

Curtian call footage with Webber, Prince and Lynne

dress rehearsal of maskenball, in costume exept for most headpieces, wigs

Kultur Journal 2

More Curtian calls

Hannibal scene

Chandelier

Prima Donna

Phantomastch

Prince Edward

More bows

Otto Schmidt interview with Luzia Nistler, shes in her bathroom with her hannibal tiara on

interview with ALexander goeble

the unmasking scene

and most of the final lair with Alexander gobel dissapearing and Meg picking up the mask

Wurletzer interview with ALexander Goebel

Southbank special ALW same as the english one but this one has a German narrarator

Last edited by ladygodiva on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Documentaries the scenes looks and interviews

Post  ladygodiva Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 am

20/20 ABC tv behind the scenes and scenes from the London Production with Micheal Crawford, Sarah Brightman and Steve Barton.

Behind the mask September 1989 Canadian production behind the scenes, scenes and interviews

Behind the Mask December 1990 same as above but with out the marketing, but with the Phantom of the Opera Video with Colm Wilkenson and Rebecca Caine added,

1993 Phantom of the State, Cleveland OHio, behind the scenes, interviews, scenes from the show

Live on 5 Cleveland behind the scenes interviews scenes

4-28-1993 Cleveland opening, newsfootage

early 1990's E! Behind the Scenes, With davis gaines, dale kristien

1993 Three on THree, behind the scenes in toronto, glenda Balkan, scenes from the show interivews

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty 1992 or 1993 Boston tour coverage

Post  ladygodiva Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:14 am

People are talking with Tom Bergeron Host, with Kevin Gray, Rick Hilsabeck, Patricia Hurd, interviews, Kevin sings Music of the night.

News footage, behind the scenes, scenes from the show

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty 1988 Dave willets on London Morning show

Post  ladygodiva Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:23 am

Dave willets was on this morning show and he exercised, now mind you I do not mind ogleing that man, but, you wish that he would have sung something

London tv interview with Dave Willets and Claire Moore, 1988

1987 news footage of Dave Willets and Sarah Brightman posting for the cameras after it was announced that he would take over

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Re: List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television

Post  ML6 Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:37 am

OH my ... what a list.

Excuse me, lady, I am looking at your list and I was wondering if there is any chance you actually own these and would be so kind to upload to YouTube for us? Very Happy
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Re: List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television

Post  SenorSwanky Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:01 am

Some of it is on YouTube already. I know the Motown appearance with Guillaume and Kristien is, as well as the '88 Tony's performance, and a few of the others.

One you forgot is the 1994 (I think?) Kennedy Center Honors (honoring Hal Prince) performance of MOTN by Gaines and Shayne. That's on YouTube.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Omg omg omg.

I'd love to see those Vienna vids, I've seen couple clips of them.

I was just thinking to post a thread like this.
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:40 pm

ML6 wrote:OH my ... what a list.

Excuse me, lady, I am looking at your list and I was wondering if there is any chance you actually own these and would be so kind to upload to YouTube for us? Very Happy

Yes I do have these and many more it is only on VHS though, but I will be happy to make copies for anyone, just as long as they provide a blank VHS and return postage, unfortunately am unable to download or upload yet, or if anyone can make VHS to their computer I would gladly send them a copy

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:41 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:Some of it is on YouTube already. I know the Motown appearance with Guillaume and Kristien is, as well as the '88 Tony's performance, and a few of the others.

One you forgot is the 1994 (I think?) Kennedy Center Honors (honoring Hal Prince) performance of MOTN by Gaines and Shayne. That's on YouTube.

I was just so far making a list of what I personally have on VHS like I said I would be happy to make VHS copies for anyone just as long as they send me a blank tape and return postage.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Interviews behind scenes Phantom of the Opera in New York 1988

Post  ladygodiva Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 am

1988, New York City

CBS News on Andrew Lloyd Webber,

NBC News "

Entertainment tonight, preview and footage of Royal Gala Premeire, with cast meeting Sarah, Duchess of York, also talks to One shubert alley store owner on selling Phantom merchandise, also many stars coming to see opening night, most stars telling how great show was

Entertainment tonight, scenes from show

Cnn Showbiz Today, opening and party footage and interview with Michael Crawford

Good Morning America interview with Michael Crawford, scnes from show

Today Show, interview with MC and scenes from show

CBS this Morning interiew with Sarah Brightman and scenes from the show

Today SHow interview with SB and scenes from the show

March 23, 1988 Nancy Regan at the time First Lady, meets the phantom,and cast and s Michael Crawford signs his autograph book, (Which Michael Auctioned off for charity at the end of his run.)

Showbiz today New Dramatist Luncheon with Hal Prince and Michael Crawford

Drama desk awards with Michael Crawford's acceptance speech and Sarah Brightman accepting award for ALW

American Theater wing working in the theatre with Mciheal Crawford, Patti Cohenour, Judi Kaye

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty more 1988 Phantom of the Opera New York

Post  ladygodiva Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:13 am

Phantom and Freinds Tony Award Preview, interview with Michael Crawford, scnes from show, behind the scenes

June 1988 Tony Awards with performance and Michael Crawford accepting tony and Hal Prince and ALW

Entertainment Tonight Tony award preview showstoppers past and present,

Entertainment tonight tony award wrap up, inter view with Michael Crawford

West 57th interview with Michael Crawford

Regis and Kathie Lee interview with Micheal Crawford

later with Bob Costas interview with Michael Crawford

Cbs This morning with MC

VH1 with MC

New York channel 4, Pia Lindstrom interview with Michael Crawford

short interview with Cameron Mackintosh, Hal Prince

Last edited by ladygodiva on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 am

I have a DVD with most of that stuff preserved on it.

BUT, I do not own this!

1986 Evening Standard Awards with the following from the phantom of the Opera, 1. the Phantom of the Opera title song, Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman, 2. All I ask of you with Steve Barton and Sarah Brightman, 3. Masqaraude with Sarah Brightman, and Steve Barton and the cast. In full costume

This looks so interesting. The only thing I've seen is the All I Ask of You clip (I think that's the one that's on YouTube). I'd love to see the other two.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:16 pm

ML6 wrote:I have a DVD with most of that stuff preserved on it.

BUT, I do not own this!

This looks so interesting. The only thing I've seen is the All I Ask of You clip (I think that's the one that's on YouTube). I'd love to see the other two.

The All I Ask of you clip is different from the 1986 Evening Standard, my copy is slightly blurry, (in the early times of dubbing (thats making one copy of a VHS PAL(PAL was the English and European standard of VHS, and NTSC is the US version of VHS, ) the local people who transferred PAL to NTSC did not have that great a VHS player. At the time PAL to NTSC in my area could cost anywhere from $250 an hour, but my source would transfer for $10 an hour.

Like I said, I can only make copies on VHS, I would be quite happy to make copies for people just send me a blank VHS and return postage I can do it.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Video opening on Los Angeles Phantom of the Opera 1989

Post  ladygodiva Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Inauguaral Gala, Music of the Night, Michael Crawford, Dale Kristien,

Entertainment Tonight, Inauguaral Gala, After the performance interview with Michael Crawford, Dale Kristien is standing next to him patting him on the back

Entertainment Tonight, Opening and scenes from show, behind the scenes, scenes shown Music of the NIght, Massqurade,

CNN Opening and scenes from the show.

CNN Raw Footage, (Raw footage meaning a good 15 minutes unedited and not broadcast) rehearsal for masquraude, with a spunky perky perfectionist Jillian Lynne and the whole cast. during the downtime of the rehearsal the camera starts wandering around zooming onto some of the mannequins.

Various LA tv newsprograms, scenes from the show, behind the scenes opening, reviews.
brief scenes of Prima Donna, All I ask of you. ( I will make a complete list when I write everything down.

AMLA interview with Dale Kristien, her husband at the time Peter Reckell is with her. at the time you could tell that they were both deeply in love.

AMLA interview with Dale Kristien, and Reece Holland,

Pat Sajak interview with Dale Kristien, and Reece Holland, they sing all I ask of you

Chuck Woolery interview with Dale Kristien, she sings Think Of Me. interesting on the same show Hume Cronyn, he talks briefly about the Claude Raines Phantom.
I have much more I did not bring my list with me

Last edited by ladygodiva on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty List of performances, interviews Toronto Phantom of the Opera

Post  ladygodiva Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Cleveland channel 3 opening of Phantom in Toronto, scenes from Il Muto, Phantom of the Opera, Music of the Night.

Cleveland channel 5 opening of Phatnom in Toronto, scenes from show

Behind the Mask Documentary, scenes from the show behind the scenes, rehearsal

Canadian TV interview with Colm Wilkenson

I will write more down when I bring my list

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Vancouver scenes from Phantom of the Opera, interviews Documentaries

Post  ladygodiva Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Vancouver Entertainers, interivew 1/2 hour interview with Garth Drabinsky, with good size scene chunks of Think of Me with Patti Cohenour, Music of the Night with Jeff Hyslop and Patti Cohenour, Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again, wiht Patti Cohenour, Hannibal scene with Company, Il Muto with Patti Cohenour

Vancouver Opening, scenes from the show,

Vancouver Curtain Call Jeff Hyslops birthday, a cake is brought out, Patti makes small speech about it being his birthday

Vanucouver press interview

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty More New York Interviews 1988

Post  ladygodiva Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Leila Martin (New York Madame Giry) brief interview, the camera crew caught her in line waiting to buy tickets as well. they asked her if she could get some for them, she smiled and said that she can't even get them.

another interview she talks how she and the cast met Sarah Ferguson the Duchess of York, and the Duchess wondered about Madame Girys hair, Leila tells how it is a wig in 3 pieces.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Phantom of the opera interviews etc of the Phantom of the Opera 5th anniversary 1993

Post  ladygodiva Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:01 pm

CNN footage the cast posing on the staircase, interview with Hal Prince,

Entertainment Tonight 5th anniversary

CBS also showing blurbs (Very Brief scenes) of Austrailian Phantom, Japanese phantom,

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Japanese version on Japanese tv

Post  ladygodiva Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:03 pm

in the early days there was a full length legit who show of the whole Japanese on Japanese television, it was shown on tv the whole thing, I have this as well. the only thing is that it was a one camera deal, and the camerman did not obivously block it well.

Last edited by ladygodiva on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Like I said I would be happy to make copies of anything that I have for a blank tape and return postage, just PM me and I will give out my address, i

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 am

ladygodiva wrote:Like I said I would be happy to make copies of anything that I have for a blank tape and return postage, just PM me and I will give out my address, i

Oh wow, there's so much from these lists that I'd like... I'm going to have to get someone in the US to ask for them on my behalf so they can convert them to DVD for me...
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:07 am

Scorp wrote:
ladygodiva wrote:Like I said I would be happy to make copies of anything that I have for a blank tape and return postage, just PM me and I will give out my address, i

Oh wow, there's so much from these lists that I'd like... I'm going to have to get someone in the US to ask for them on my behalf so they can convert them to DVD for me...

Scorp, this is why we're friends. Very Happy Don't worry.

Lady, I think I might take you up on your offer. I have a friend who can transfer stuff from VHS to computer, and he said he'd be happy to do some transferring. Just gotta get some free time to make up a package.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Early 1990's 'History of Broadway', interviews with Cameron Mackintosh, Andrew Lloyd-Webber, Hal Prince,
No Scenes from any shows, only a few outside shots of the theaters, and shots of the show posters.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

David Frost interview early 1990's with Andrew Lloyd Webber, features Elaine Paige singing Memory, Sarah Brightman sings Married Man, Marti Webb sings I don't know how to love him, All I ask of you Sarah Brightman and Steve Barton, Elaine Paige sings Don't Cry for Me Argentina also interview with Madeleine Gurdon,

Southbank special with Cameron Mackintosh,1991 or 1992 scenes from Cats, Phantom of the opera, Miss Saigon, Salad Days, short interviews with Jillian lynne, Andrew Lloyd Webber

New York 1988 Wil Shriner interview with Cameron Mackintosh, scenes from NY Les Miserables, and clip of video from Phantom of the Opera

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

List of Legit performances, scenes, Documentaries from Phantom of the Opera shown on television Empty Parodys of Phantom of the opera

Post  ladygodiva Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm

CBS Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews in the Phantom of the Opera sketch, the highlight the Chandelier costume design by Bob Mackie.

UK Parody (I do not know the englishmans name,) funny

Macy's Thanksgiving day performance of Forbidden Broadway Phantom sketch

1988 Jeff Lafaholtz sings Sarah Brightman as Christine, (He actually was quite good, and he did have a good soprano voice, although he did a mean spirited parody of Sarah B.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:33 pm

I have been looking into getting the VHS transfered to DVD, the cheapest places, I have found, are in the $30 an hour. (although that beats one place doing it for $220 an hour.) I might get one or two videos done to see how the qualitie is and I will let you know,

I am getting quite scared for my VHS tapes, they are getting older, supposedly a vhs last for 20 years so far most of mine have lasted at least 23 years, but, I want to see how the quality would be.

there is a local place in Northeast OHio that does this, hopefully they may offer discounts for more than one copy.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 pm

I also found an old video from PBS in the early 1990's with Colm Wilkenson singing Music of the Night and some songs from Les Miserables, also on the show was Patti Lupone, and the oldest son of Colm performed as well,

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 pm

ladygodiva wrote:I also found an old video from PBS in the early 1990's with Colm Wilkenson singing Music of the Night and some songs from Les Miserables, also on the show was Patti Lupone, and the oldest son of Colm performed as well,
That was more like mid-90s, '96 or '97. I have it on video somewhere, taped off TV. They came to this area to do a show during that tour, and he was in the local PBS studio during their telethon, while this was airing, answering the phones and trying to get people to give.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:29 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:
ladygodiva wrote:I also found an old video from PBS in the early 1990's with Colm Wilkenson singing Music of the Night and some songs from Les Miserables, also on the show was Patti Lupone, and the oldest son of Colm performed as well,
That was more like mid-90s, '96 or '97. I have it on video somewhere, taped off TV. They came to this area to do a show during that tour, and he was in the local PBS studio during their telethon, while this was airing, answering the phones and trying to get people to give.

It may have been the mid 90's, and yes when they showed it on the local PBS there was a telethon, yep.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next