Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broadway production + US tour

+62
AngelOfMusic325
Bunvendor
Perdita X. Nitt
Blaidd_Drwg
Phantomlove
ifonlyidont
Devon
PhantomsGhost
Liza1013
Amyable_Nature
toasterphantom
Ali
mauerite#5
MajesticPhantom
alaron4
maywood10
Deathshead1
PhantomofPhoenix
Loettchen
Chris Day
Phanatic1539
darthjones
Phantour
operaphan
TheMaskedLion
Miranda
ravnquest1
Rebecca
auctioneer
InkedAlchemist
justin-from-barbados
Christine's Shadow
ML6
Freyalise
Stephanie
Madame Giry
sk8phan
Scorp
The White Half-Mask
starryeyed
Becky
marvinrd
LadyCDaae
AngelofMusic
Demodiki
Callie Daae
phantomphan1992
Phantom on a Budget
Amberly_Nichole
Mme Reyer
Admin
aussiephan
phantom10906
phantomgirl110
MasqPhan
Cape Twirl of Doom
Viscountess
Paula74
Raphael
SenorSwanky
IamErik771
operafantomet
66 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Empty Re: The Broadway production + US tour

Post  Christine's Shadow Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Ryan with another christine--Him and Jennifer were simply amazing together as Raoul and Christine. He has such an energy I haven't really seen with other Raouls. (I still have my review from when I saw the production back at the end of june I haven't posted...)
Christine's Shadow
Christine's Shadow

Back to top Go down

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Empty Re: The Broadway production + US tour

Post  Raphael Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:38 am

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:Hugh & Sara were both phenomenal tonight! What amazing performances from the both of them. As much as I loved Hugh as the Phantom back in 2005, he's even better now. Sara I had never heard before and I really like her. Her "WYWSHA" brought several cries of "Bravo!" from the crowd, and the people sitting around me were quite loudly sobbing by the end of the Final Lair. (I always love it when people are moved by the show.) Sitting as close as I did tonight (front row center!) I was able to marvel at just how gorgeous the costumes are. (The last time I sat that close was back in 2005.)
Congrats on attending Hugh and Sarah's first performance! Glad you had a blast Very Happy

On the US Tour front, I took a peek at how the "closing night" performance was selling on Ticktmaster, and it looks like over 3/4 of the entire orchestra section is already sold out.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:51 am

operafantomet wrote:The new Broadway cast has also been announced. RUG is really working hard today! Laughing

http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/new_york/meet_the_people/

Marni Raab stays on as Christine alternate, ditto for Susan Owen as the understudy. Biggest news in this list is of course Hugh Panaro, which I highly welcome. Yes, I had hoped for someone new, but I liked what he did with the role last time, and I'm looking forward to see how he'll portray the Phantom now.
They sure have a lot of swings. I imagine they're not all actually permanently with the show, and it's just that a lot of them are in-and-out vacation covers.

Hugh Panaro wrote:Michael Crawford was not a spring chicken when he did this. I recently re-watched him at the Lincoln Center library [video archive]. I love to go back to the creator of a role—not that you want to copy someone, but to see what the original show looked like so you can maintain the integrity of Hal Prince’s vision. People think that Michael Crawford did a lot of dramatic hand movements and spooky gestures, and I was really surprised when I watched him. He was very minimalist in his approach, and it was a great lesson.
I love this comment. MC managed to convey a lot with just a little, and a lot of over-the-top Phantoms could learn from that. Not that over-the-top is necessarily bad; I love me some Peter Karrie. But the basis of MC's performance started in his soul and backstage--he was a method actor who brought out his past experiences to convey real human emotion, and he used simple gestures and props to strengthen his ties to his own memories. He really thought out the character and identified with him, and he embodied the role from the time he entered the makeup chair until the show was over.

MajesticPhantom wrote:The photos from BroadwayWorld are up. I must say, the execution of the Phantom makeup on the "good" side has really become EXCEPTIONALLY good in the last four years for the Broadway production. Hugh looks amazing in his latest incarnation. BroadwayWorld has the best photos...
I generally think the makeup execution has gotten worse in the last half decade or so, but I agree that it looks good on Hugh here. Could be the bright lights, but it seems like they've toned down the arch and thickness of that eyebrow and desaturated the rouge and lips a bit. Now to see the bad side, which I think is where the quality has really dropped off since the early days.

justin-from-barbados wrote:Great Pics, I guess they decided to use his old style mask
No, as someone else noted earlier, he got fit for a new mask. It's the newer design with the scooped area over the mouth, which his old mask didn't have.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:29 pm

SenorSwanky wrote: No, as someone else noted earlier, he got fit for a new mask. It's the newer design with the scooped area over the mouth, which his old mask didn't have.

Do you have pics that compare this scoop that you mentioned?

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:00 pm

phantomfett wrote:
SenorSwanky wrote: No, as someone else noted earlier, he got fit for a new mask. It's the newer design with the scooped area over the mouth, which his old mask didn't have.

Do you have pics that compare this scoop that you mentioned?
Now comparing shots of him from his second run as the Phantom to the ones we've seen so far now, I don't see much if any difference. But I do see a difference between the current design and the original Broadway and tour design in the area around the mouth--for instance, look at Davis Gaines in my avatar. I think they stopped using that design sometime in the late 90s or early 2000s. I know I started noticing this "scoop" around when Cudia came on the tour, and then I saw that McGillin's then-current mask had it, as well as any other recent Phantoms on tour and Broadway. But I guess Panaro's previous mask had it too; we just didn't see him from that angle where you would notice the gap over the mouth.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:32 pm

I dont know, to me it looks the same with the shorter eyebrow that is raised like an object in itself, whereas the newer ones the raised eyebrow is longer and blends in more with the rest of the mask, and there seems to me to be less over the lips in the newer masks.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  mauerite#5 Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:00 pm

I agree the mask looks like his original one. I wasn't that big on Hugh the first time. Now that the discounts during the week are back down to 40%, I'll have to go again. I do like Ryan though.
mauerite#5
mauerite#5

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 am

So the Broadway Cares Flea Market was today. Most of the items Phantom had for sale were the same things there every year, but there were a couple very cool (and rare) pieces this time: We sold the mirror bride's mask (worn & signed by Kimilee Bryant), the Phantom's noose from the Final Lair, and the red Don Juan score the Phantom throws during "Why So Silent?"! No one there remembered ever seeing that particular item up for sale before. (And I would have bought it myself, except the price was $250.) No large hardboard posters this year.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:20 am

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:So the Broadway Cares Flea Market was today. Most of the items Phantom had for sale were the same things there every year, but there were a couple very cool (and rare) pieces this time: We sold the mirror bride's mask (worn & signed by Kimilee Bryant), the Phantom's noose from the Final Lair, and the red Don Juan score the Phantom throws during "Why So Silent?"! No one there remembered ever seeing that particular item up for sale before. (And I would have bought it myself, except the price was $250.) No large hardboard posters this year.

Damn! I missed the score?! Sad Did someone buy it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:48 am

phantomfett wrote:
Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:So the Broadway Cares Flea Market was today. Most of the items Phantom had for sale were the same things there every year, but there were a couple very cool (and rare) pieces this time: We sold the mirror bride's mask (worn & signed by Kimilee Bryant), the Phantom's noose from the Final Lair, and the red Don Juan score the Phantom throws during "Why So Silent?"! No one there remembered ever seeing that particular item up for sale before. (And I would have bought it myself, except the price was $250.) No large hardboard posters this year.

Damn! I missed the score?! Sad Did someone buy it?
Yup. And for the full $250.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 am

Sad Sad me....

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Finally...some new photos with Hugh and Sara.

The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Th_62273_10150104447609689_55494929688_7252113_4585973_n
The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Th_62273_10150104447624689_55494929688_7252116_7826566_n
The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Th_62830_10150104451664689_55494929688_7252270_5094992_n
The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Th_62830_10150104451669689_55494929688_7252271_2931721_n

I should be getting the hi-res version soon, possibly today.

And I probably shouldn't mention this, but the boat scene photo of them that was released a few weeks ago is a Photoshop. I recognized the picture of Hugh from 1999.
Laughing
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I like the darker blue lighting better than his old photos with Pitcher and Hanson, but I'm definitely going back to my thinking that this new mask is different around the mouth than any of the ones he wore in his two previous runs. It's not as shapely and elegant in general, as well. I do like how it looks in the photos from the curtain call, but in this brighter lighting, not as much.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:38 pm

I definitely feel the darker blue is an improvement. The sky blue in that one photo used outside the theatre was just too bright and cheery for a title character who lives in a candlelit lair under an Opera House.

Also, there's a lovely MOTN photo that the PR people gave me the chance to post before anyone else. It's on the site's News page under today's update. Cool '
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:I like the darker blue lighting better than his old photos with Pitcher and Hanson, but I'm definitely going back to my thinking that this new mask is different around the mouth than any of the ones he wore in his two previous runs. It's not as shapely and elegant in general, as well. I do like how it looks in the photos from the curtain call, but in this brighter lighting, not as much.

Yes, the cut around the mouth is different, but it is from the same mold as his previous mask.

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 am

Paula74 wrote:I definitely feel the darker blue is an improvement. The sky blue in that one photo used outside the theatre was just too bright and cheery for a title character who lives in a candlelit lair under an Opera House.
Agreed. Thanks for sharing these new photos! SJF reminds me of Marni Raab in that latter one.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Callie Daae Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:40 am

The last two are actually Marni. Smile
Callie Daae
Callie Daae

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Callie Daae wrote:The last two are actually Marni. Smile
Ahahahaha! That explains it!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:30 pm

atleast they aren't arm wrestling anymore Very Happy
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 pm

PANARO/FORD/SILVERMAN Broadway 2010
The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Hpsjf
The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Rssjf
By the way, I love how intense her dress is here!
The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Sjf
This has to be one of the best photographs of this pose, ever...
The Broadway production + US tour - Page 17 Sjfrs
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Awesome photos! I'm really liking the poses and photography style in these.
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:07 pm

That rooftop dress looks brand new, doesn't it? Or is it just the intense colours fooling me? Cool to see her in the stripy Wishing dress, but boy it is patched over the hip... It's almost like the bodice is brand new, and the skirt is very old, and a new piece of fabric is used to patch it up.

Lovely photos though!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:03 pm

I noticed that very colourful rooftop dress too. There was either a backstage interview vid on youtupe or a photo gallery from the US tour (Marni was in the shots) and they showed the rooftop dress and I could not believe it was the same dress, It looked more like the confidante's dress with all the purple and loud colours.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Joan Marcus is back on her game these past few years. I just love that they brought back a Final Lair pose, which they've been using since last year when Silverman joined the Broadway production. (I think it started prior to that, with the Vegas production?).
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:52 pm

operafantomet wrote:That rooftop dress looks brand new, doesn't it? Or is it just the intense colours fooling me? Cool to see her in the stripy Wishing dress, but boy it is patched over the hip... It's almost like the bodice is brand new, and the skirt is very old, and a new piece of fabric is used to patch it up.

Lovely photos though!
I don't think they ordered a new rooftop dress for her, but it's always possible they finished it while I was away. I also saw them working on the bodice, but it was pretty much complete by the time of the fitting, so maybe it's possible that they managed to find one that was still in amazing shape.
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:05 pm

“Phantom” is much more than mere figures. Stengel knows this better than most. She has played Carlotta, “Phantom’s” resident prima donna, longer than anyone else in the world, a feat that still amazes her. Over the course of this “personal marathon,” Stengel has watched fans grow up, have children, and come back to her.

“It’s being connected to the audience for a lifetime, not just for a night,” Stengel said.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2010/09/phantom-opera-close-out-national-tour-pantages-theatre
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Age old question, (I know the answer is somewhere but I cant find it) that days does the NYC Christine alternate usually play?
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Monday and Thursday evenings. Been that way since 2006, actually. Smile
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks, would you happen to know if they still sell box seats (pref. stage right)?

If so, what do they usually go for?
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 am

David Cassidy Shocked

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Phantoms_from_Crawford_to_Gleason_Talk_Tour_Closing_20101010
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next