Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Vegas Phan week

+21
Demodiki
Phantomlove
TGITPC
Christine's Shadow
SenorSwanky
Paula74
Blind Phan
Phantom on a Budget
ChorusGirl
starryeyed
IamErik771
meglett
Raphael
TheStudent
Caroline
MasqPhan
phantom10906
Scorp
operafantomet
phantomgirl110
Admin
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Las Vegas Phan week - Page 6 Empty Re: Las Vegas Phan week

Post  Scorp Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:34 pm

MasqPhan wrote:
Rebecca, I agree in your feelings toward the Toronto chandelier comment. Sure it's not the Vegas chandelier but it looked lovely and it fell at a good enough speed. Sigh. Miss that show. Snow-cone? I think not! Boo to the Toronto Star.

Yeah, boo! At least Maria Björnson's chandelier actually looks like the real thing in the Palais Garnier (sadly I don't think the Vegas one does at all, in spite of all its hi-tech capabilities).
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Scorp wrote:
MasqPhan wrote:
Rebecca, I agree in your feelings toward the Toronto chandelier comment. Sure it's not the Vegas chandelier but it looked lovely and it fell at a good enough speed. Sigh. Miss that show. Snow-cone? I think not! Boo to the Toronto Star.

Yeah, boo! At least Maria Björnson's chandelier actually looks like the real thing in the Palais Garnier (sadly I don't think the Vegas one does at all, in spite of all its hi-tech capabilities).

I'll never really understand the lack of love for the original London/Broadway chandelier. I, for one, like it a great deal...even without all the hi-tech bells and whistles.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:45 pm

Scorp wrote:
MasqPhan wrote:

I'm not a fan of the Vegas chandelier either. Sorry! I know many here much prefer it to the original, but I'm never warmed to the UFO style in the Overture. I also think it somehow looks too flat or plate-y when assembled. And, as I might have mentioned long ago, I also find a chandelier I know consists of several pieces less intimidating than a massive one. I dunno why...

I do like the speed of the falling Vegas chandelier, though. Especially compared to how they do it on Broadway and the US tour. Those ones are yaaaaawn! Broadway is particularly slow, especially when compared to Australia, Spain, Germany, and even Denmark (which was a bit slower than the three others on the list). But that's a digression... Smile
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:12 pm

meglett wrote:COULDN'T MAKE IT TO
FANS WEEK THIS YEAR?

Keep an eye out in future newsletters for the official Phantom Fans Week 2010 announcement.

I bet this makes a lot of people happy! cheers bounce What a Face

You have no idea just how happy. I'm bouncing off the walls right now! bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:Brianne, who is that in your avatar?
It's Brent Barett from that LV magazine article when we first opened all those years ago. (at least it fells like it) Laughing
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 pm

operafantomet wrote:I'm not a fan of the Vegas chandelier either. Sorry! I know many here much prefer it to the original, but I'm never warmed to the UFO style in the Overture.
You know, I felt the same way before I saw it in person. The assembly seemed rather strange to me on YouTube and in reviews. But in person, it's so freaking cool! I'll always prefer the classic because it's, well, classic, but the Vegas chandelier is tons better than I expected it to be.
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:28 am

Phantom10906 wrote:
meglett wrote:COULDN'T MAKE IT TO
FANS WEEK THIS YEAR?

Keep an eye out in future newsletters for the official Phantom Fans Week 2010 announcement.

I bet this makes a lot of people happy! cheers bounce What a Face

You have no idea just how happy. I'm bouncing off the walls right now! bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I second that! So sad I missed it this year, but definitly looking forward to next year!!

~Rebecca
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:31 am

phantomgirl110 wrote:
operafantomet wrote:I'm not a fan of the Vegas chandelier either. Sorry! I know many here much prefer it to the original, but I'm never warmed to the UFO style in the Overture.
You know, I felt the same way before I saw it in person. The assembly seemed rather strange to me on YouTube and in reviews. But in person, it's so freaking cool! I'll always prefer the classic because it's, well, classic, but the Vegas chandelier is tons better than I expected it to be.

Hmm, well I saw the production in person 2 years ago (and got a supercool backstage tour from Brianne...thanks so much! Smile ) and still felt the whole thing was UFO-ish in the overture. For some reason I thought the drop wasn't particularly scary either but that might have been due to where I was sitting. I did like the fact that it dropped straight down though, as a chandelier would do, rather than gliding to the stage. And obviously the large size is a bonus in making it more realistic. Overall I tend to agree with operafantomet's thoughts.

Speaking of the new Vegas designs, what are people's thoughts on the lights surrounding Christine's mirror? I personally don't like that and personally prefer the gloomy gothic darkness of the original, but I suppose it's fitting for Vegas... The one redesign I definitely like in Vegas though is the door in the manager's office. And IIRC there may have been more candelabra in the lair (8 rather than 6)...or did I just make that up??

Am keen to go to a Vegas convention but if it's in September again I won't be able to make it this time either... Sad
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Nope, still only 6 of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm excited that they're doing this again next year, especially since there will be more advanced notice of it. That was the main obstacle in me going this year. I may be able to go if they have it in September again, but it is somewhat of an inconvenient time, as that's when the new semester begins. (And I will be in grad school!)

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6