Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merchandise suggestions

+16
Madame Giry
phantomphan1992
aussiephan
PhantomJT
Becky
MasqPhan
Raphael
Rebecca
EarlFan
Phantomlove
phantomgirl110
ML6
operafantomet
Paula74
SenorSwanky
Scorp
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Merchandise suggestions

Post  Phantomlove Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:44 pm

In Stockholm they sold silk scarves and also silk ties. I've never seen a Phantom tie anywhere else I think. They were really lovely. They also sold a big chocolate box for a while as well. And bed sheets. They had lots of lovely things in Stockholm come to think of it. Neue Flora in Hamburg also had a fantastic souvenir shop.

Scorp: Nooooo, no LSD baby clothes. My baby can't wear LSD baby clothes. NO baby should have to.

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:49 am

Phantomlove wrote:In Stockholm they sold silk scarves and also silk ties. I've never seen a Phantom tie anywhere else I think. They were really lovely. They also sold a big chocolate box for a while as well. And bed sheets. They had lots of lovely things in Stockholm come to think of it. Neue Flora in Hamburg also had a fantastic souvenir shop.
I agree, the souvenir stands at the long-running international productions has been very impressive. I loved that Phantom tie (it's the one your father wore to your wedding, yes?)!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:47 am

Raphael wrote:
Except for the standard items, PotO merchandise always leans towards the high-end stuff. In keeping with that, I'd expect there to be a line of "Hannibal" inspired jewelry...
R.

Sort of like this? Not that these are high-end.
Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_SANY1158

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_SANY1165

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_SANY1161

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_SANY1157

So many awesome items in this thread! I'd be totally broke if they all were actually produced. I really wish they'd sell some nicer looking mask replicas. To keep the price more affordable, I wouldn't mind plastic so long as it actually looked like one from the show, rather than the craptacular ones I have seen for sale.

Along with the Toronto wine gums, didn't they also have mask shaped(logo style, not the half mask) ice cream bars on sticks? I seem to remember seeing a man eating one in the lobby back in 1996. To me it sort of looked closer to the shape of a ghost from Pac-Man though.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:02 pm

And look what I found saved on my laptop! (I don't own either of these items, they were just saved from the Web at some point, no idea when):

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 PhantomItem338

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 76_1_b

I would REALLY like that last item to be made again. What production was it for, I wonder?

And I really like the idea of Phantom ties! I could do with one of those, definitely. Phantom cufflinks? I have the lapel pin. I was also thinking Phantom Christmas decorations would be cool, but don't know if RUG would bother because it's a seasonal thing. Is it worth sticking on the list to send off the RUG?

I reckon they should also do something extra-special for the 25th anniversary, which, amazingly, isn't far off!
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:52 pm

Oh, god, I love the 'binder/portfolio'. Razz
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:46 pm

The portfolio thingy is from Hamburg. I have one of those. I have cufflinks too that I bought in the second half of the nineties when Hamley's in London had a musical souvenir shop. A great one I might add. Too bad they didn't continue selling musical souvenirs.

Operafantomet: Yes, it's the tie my dad wore to my wedding. He has worn it quite a lot to business meetings and things like that, it's a conversation opener apparantely Very Happy . And he wore it once to HMT too and the ushers liked it.

Phantomlove

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Scorp wrote:And look what I found saved on my laptop! (I don't own either of these items, they were just saved from the Web at some point, no idea when):

Okay, I'm not 100% sure, but that totally looks like the bag of wine gums Jeff posted on eBay after we found them in that box. They're that weird not-quite-right colour, and we took the photo on top of our dryer... LOL! I am however certain we made sure to specify NOT to eat them in the auction listing!!!

Unless of course you found the pic somewhere else, in which case they are someone else's icky old wine gums....
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:07 pm

I kind of like the idea of a laptop bag. It would be nice if they could have bags of different sizes to accommodate all laptops, but I realize that might not be terribly cost effective.

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 pm

MasqPhan wrote:
Sort of like this? Not that these are high-end.
Exactly! Bracelets, necklaces, earrings; anything that would work Smile

Scorp: Vegas production is selling Phantom cufflinks. They're basically the lapel pin in cufflink form. They're kinda nice; I've got myself a pair.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:37 am

Rebecca wrote:
Scorp wrote:And look what I found saved on my laptop! (I don't own either of these items, they were just saved from the Web at some point, no idea when):

Okay, I'm not 100% sure, but that totally looks like the bag of wine gums Jeff posted on eBay after we found them in that box. They're that weird not-quite-right colour, and we took the photo on top of our dryer... LOL! I am however certain we made sure to specify NOT to eat them in the auction listing!!!

Unless of course you found the pic somewhere else, in which case they are someone else's icky old wine gums....

Okay, I know no one else really cares... but it totally IS our old nasty bag of wine gums!!! Jeff and I were sorting through our Phantom photos (after facebook deleted most of his 'Phantom' album and he had to redo it) and there it was.... the photo of our wine gums!!! LOL!!! Small world...

Oh, and we didn't sell them on Ebay - I was thinking of some old Phantom chocolate from Germany, which we did sell (with the DO NOT EAT warning). Apparently, we still have those old wine gums somewhere. We can post an update on their condition.... maybe they last forever! Like twinkies!

Okay, I'm done now....
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:13 am

Phantomlove wrote:Operafantomet: Yes, it's the tie my dad wore to my wedding. He has worn it quite a lot to business meetings and things like that, it's a conversation opener apparantely Very Happy . And he wore it once to HMT too and the ushers liked it.

I'm digging your dad. Very Happy
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Rebecca wrote:
Oh, and we didn't sell them on Ebay - I was thinking of some old Phantom chocolate from Germany, which we did sell (with the DO NOT EAT warning). Apparently, we still have those old wine gums somewhere. We can post an update on their condition.... maybe they last forever! Like twinkies!

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Chocolatebar

^ Now don't tell me that one was your very own chocolate bar too... And what are you guys trying to do? Food poison Phans across the globe? Laughing Wink And yeah those wine gums in that picture do look a bit off...lol.

Raphael wrote:Scorp: Vegas production is selling Phantom cufflinks. They're basically the lapel pin in cufflink form

Oh yeah, I remember seeing them now. Can you believe that when I went to the Vegas production I actually managed to resist buying anything from the boutique?! I kind of regret not buying the glasses now. But at the time I felt that all I really wanted was the souvenir brochure, which I already owned by that point...

Josefine wrote:The portfolio thingy is from Hamburg. I have one of those. I have cufflinks too that I bought in the second half of the nineties when Hamley's in London had a musical souvenir shop. A great one I might add. Too bad they didn't continue selling musical souvenirs.

Is that one in particular really from Hambury? Cos it says "The Phantom of the Opera" rather than "Das Phantom der Oper". Maybe more than production sold it? Unless the one you got from Hambury says it in English too. Jealous that you have one! I would have bought it myself but when it was on eBay it was just way too expensive. And I never knew Hamley's had a musical shop! Argh, I should have gone when it was there.
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Scorp wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Chocolatebar

^ Now don't tell me that one was your very own chocolate bar too... And what are you guys trying to do? Food poison Phans across the globe? Laughing Wink And yeah those wine gums in that picture do look a bit off...lol.

LOL! No, no plots to poison the phan world, and we DID put a warning on the item NOT to eat it! But, yes, that is the chocolate bar to which I referred, though this time that isn't out photo. Wink I guess it could be our chocolate bar if the auction winner took a photo of it, but either way it was the same kind of chocolate bar. Super cool packaging! Way to pretty to eat!
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:41 pm

I wouldn't have the heart to unwrap and eat that chocolate bar. Or, if I gave into to temptation, I'd probably open it ever so carefully and then rewrap it around some cardboard or something else the same size as the chocolate.

On the other hand, I would devour the wine gums. When they were fresh, of course.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomJT Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Paula74 wrote:I wouldn't have the heart to unwrap and eat that chocolate bar. Or, if I gave into to temptation, I'd probably open it ever so carefully and then rewrap it around some cardboard or something else the same size as the chocolate.

On the other hand, I would devour the wine gums. When they were fresh, of course.

Agreed! I received the German chocolate bar from a Phan Phriend who lived close to the theatre...and when she sent it to me, I never could bring myself to opening it. I love chocolate..but I loved the packaging much more - LOL. It quickly went into a ziplock bag to preserve it's delicateness. Smile

As for the wine gums...I loved those and would ALWAYS buy a package while at the Pantages ($4 each). Near the end when I was told they were being discontinued, I stocked up buying several packages each time...and then sadly...one day...no more existed. I had one final pack in storage...and never could bring myself to eat the last one... LOL

~PhantomJT
PhantomJT
PhantomJT

http://www.twitter.com/jeffreytimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:22 am

I've bought two of those chocolate bars from Hamburg I think and I've eaten both cheers . But I rewrapped the paper so I still have it (I think, should go and have a look).

Scorp: My portfolio says The Phantom of the Opera on it and not Das Phantom der Oper. It makes me wonder if it was really in Hamburg I bought it, but I think so. I think mine have the masks placed a bit differently though.

Phantomlove

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:01 am

Phantomlove wrote:Scorp: My portfolio says The Phantom of the Opera on it and not Das Phantom der Oper. It makes me wonder if it was really in Hamburg I bought it, but I think so. I think mine have the masks placed a bit differently though.
I can't say for sure, but the design looks very Hamburg. They seem to have been fond of making graphic mask designs (or using the mask alone) on a plain black background. I agree about the logo, though - they usually wrote "Das Phantom der Oper" on anything. But no rules without exception, I guess. Very Happy
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Phantomlove wrote:I've bought two of those chocolate bars from Hamburg I think and I've eaten both cheers . But I rewrapped the paper so I still have it (I think, should go and have a look).

Scorp: My portfolio says The Phantom of the Opera on it and not Das Phantom der Oper. It makes me wonder if it was really in Hamburg I bought it, but I think so. I think mine have the masks placed a bit differently though.

First of all may I first state for my own peace of mind that I know the town is Hamburg and not "Hambury", no idea why I typed that twice!

Out of curiosity, Josefine, can you remind me of the many productions you've seen? Did you by any chance see the Swiss one? Who knows, this might have come from the Swiss production (hence giving you the idea that it was from a German-speaking production) but would explain why the logo's in English (since that was a dual-language production)...just a theory...

Any other ideas to send off to the RUG?
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiephan Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:16 am

I know they used to be available ages ago in one of the productions, but I'd love it if beach towels were brought back, teatowels would be good also and having some of the TV docummentaries available on DVD.

Bonnie
aussiephan
aussiephan

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:39 am

Scorp: No, it wasn't from Switzerland. I've not seen that production. I was going to but they closed earlier than it seemed like they would do at first. I'm sure now that the portfolio is from Hamburg. I found my Phantom stationary yesterday as well, which is definately from Hamburg and that one is also labeled The Phantom of the Opera as opposed to Das Phantom der Oper.
I've seen the show in London, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Hamburg, New York, San Francisco and Tokyo.

Phantomlove

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

I would love a pillow similar to those in the Phantom's boat - maybe with the logo discretely placed in the middle or at the side. I would furnish my sofa with them, ha-ha!

As for towels, I know Hamburg had several. That would be cool to bring back as well.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:49 am

Stockholm had a beach towel which was quite nice. And Tokyo had small towels.
Operafantomet: A boat pillow would be amazing.

Why not a model of the set design? I can imagine it being very expensive but I would love it. It should be complete with chandelier and lights and people in costumes.

Phantomlove

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 am

Phantomlove wrote:Why not a model of the set design? I can imagine it being very expensive but I would love it. It should be complete with chandelier and lights and people in costumes.
That'd be awesome.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:44 am

Here's some pictures of souvenirs available in various international productions:

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_dm1Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_dm2
Copenhagen didn't have tons of stuff, but they added "Det Ny Teater" underneath the POTO logo (which was cool, cause the font of the theatre logo is very similar to that of Phantom, and it made the items unique for that production). I especially regret not buying the umbrella, but glad I snatched a laptop bag. I've used that one a LOT. They also had various T-shirts and sweats, the magic mug, souvenir brochure (which they updated with pics and new cast members 2-3 times a year). They also had key chains and caps, and the OLC CD.

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_brazil1
Brazil didn't have too much either, it seems - but more "local" stuff than in the US, and with some goodies. I want that flask!!! Also various T-shirts/sweats, caps, key chain, wine opener (!), pens, mask, magic mug and brochure. I'm guessing they also sold CDs?

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_taiwan1
World Tour (Taiwan). Lots of stuff here - cool garbs (I love the Taiwan T-shirt), caps, mugs, key chains, pins, pendant, CDs, mask, Phantom bear (!), pen, brochure etc.

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_hburga1Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_hburga2
Hamburg goodies. Garbs, beach towel (I want one!), pins, tie bar, watch, CDs.

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_hburgb1Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_hburgb2
Another "batch" of Hamburg goodies. More creative this time. Lots of stuff for men, finally - tie bar, cuff links, wallet, belt, pen, watches... And a zippo! And various towels and garbs, plus a pendant and what I assume is earrings.

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_hburgc1Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Th_hburgc2
Again Hamburg. Lots of "metal stuff" (tie bars, pen, key chains, watch), but also CDs, mug, book, poster, sweats etc.

To sum up, I want that Copenhagen umbrella, and also that Brazilian flask! Those are high on my list. Throw in some towels and T-shirts, and I'm a happy gal. Smile
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:06 pm

operafantomet wrote:Lots of stuff for men, finally - tie bar, cuff links, wallet, belt, pen, watches...

"Für sie und ihn"!! Yay for Hamburg for recognising male Phantom fans. We do exist. I love the Hamburg watches, they're so much classier than the one that London's always sold. No pics of the Phantom tie (or it's likely I'm blind)?

I'm still sad neither Brazil nor Denmark made cast recordings. Two popular productions in two different languages that the show has never been recorded in. What a wasted opportunity. Crying or Very sad (6 years without a *decent* cast recording...yes, I'm deliberately slating the Polish CD... Twisted Evil...the longest period in the show's history! ).

I'm not sure I'd ever buy the umbrella...I'd find it too embarrassing to use, lol.

Loving the set model idea, though God knows how that would be economically viable. Suppose the closest thing they had to it back in the day was the pop-up book.

And although this again is a seasonal idea, I reckon it'd sell really well: a Phantom advent calendar for the Christmas season (with, of course, chocolates behind all the 'doors'...maybe even mask-shaped chocolates?).

Word of warning: I don't recommend the original key chain! I kept finding the ring kept detaching and my keys would fall off it, sometimes without me knowing. Might be different with the newer keyring in London (they sell both), I don't know, but I can't be bothered to buy that. I've never bought the pen either as I think it's a rip off.

RUG and Cameron Mackintosh should totally hire us in their marketing departments. Laughing
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 am

I love the umbrella, but I'd never use it because I'm not sensible enough actually use an umbrella. I love the black and gold pendant in the second Hamburg batch, but I'd never wear it because all of my other jewelry is silver and it would clash. I'm a hard one to please, aren't I?

Here's some cute merchandise from the Japanese 20th anniversary:

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Japan20thanniversarymer.th Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Japan20thanniversarymer.th
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:55 am

I have that Phantom teddybear from Japan, though mine is a bit lighter in colour. Last time I was in Japan they had several different mobile phone charms as well, which are a nice item.

Scorp: I don't think Hamburg sold ties, at least I never saw any ties when I was there. Stockholm sold ties however.

Phantomlove

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 pm

operafantomet wrote:Here's some pictures of souvenirs available in various international productions:

To sum up, I want that Copenhagen umbrella, and also that Brazilian flask! Those are high on my list. Throw in some towels and T-shirts, and I'm a happy gal. Smile

Jeff and I have the umbrella, which they also sold in Toronto, but we have never, ever used it! Fortunately, we also have the beach towel, so when we're soaking wet from refusing to use the umbrella we're all set. Laughing I was a competitive swimmer for a long time (now I just take pride in being the fastest girl at our local pool Wink ), so my mom gave me the towel for Christmas one year.

Lots of nice things! Thanks so much for sharing these! I'd love that Brazilian water bottle... or flask... thingy... whatever! It looks like my water bottle, but way more fun with the mask on it! Hamburg has some really interesting jewellery. I specifically like the necklace and earrings, but then I don't usually wear gold jewellery (aside from wedding rings) very often.
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: the whole Phantom chocolate thing, would you guys keep this...or eat it...? Wink

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 6a00d834ff890853ef0120a5e59417970b

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Salon_du_choco_002

Merchandise suggestions - Page 2 Operaleonidas
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:32 pm

Wow!!! That's HUGE! And extremely impressive! I couldn't bring myself to eat it - it's more a work of art than a chocolate dessert! Well, that and it's probably bigger than I am... Perhaps when it started to melt I'd invite a few friends over (say, 100? LOL!) to help me finish it Laughing
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next