Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom World Tour

+20
littlemissM
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
Scorp
LadyLollen
charleygirl
Hilde
phantomgirl110
TheFinnishPhantom
Madame Giry
PhantomsGhost
AlwaysChristine
phantom10906
Phantomlove
Loettchen
SenorSwanky
Devon
operafantomet
justin-from-barbados
MajesticPhantom
Raphael
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Phantom World Tour - Page 4 Empty Re: Phantom World Tour

Post  operafantomet Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:11 am

Seems like Phantom of the Opera's World Tour going to Bangkok is more than a rumour. There are comments on the internet that posters are up, announcing a summer season of POTO. Haven't seen picture proof, but in my hunt for more info I found this:

"Past Student News
Jordan Pollard (2007) is presently in the ensemble cast for Phantom of the Opera, touring Manila, Seoul and then Bangkok. He is also understudy to the character Raoul. "

http://www.stpauls.qld.edu.au/page/week-4-10-august-2012/senior-school

And then I found something musical director Guy Simpson had written in his LinkedId:
Musical Supervisor of THE PHANTOM of the OPERA
Currently running in MANILA. Next is SEOUL then next year in BANGKOK.
http://au.linkedin.com/pub/guy-simpson/18/b69/298

The theatre is apparently Muangthai Rachadalai Theatre, where Miss Saigon currently plays.

So it seems this is happening! I hope the first visit to Thailand will be as well received as The Philippines.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemissM Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:11 am

operafantomet wrote:Seems like Phantom of the Opera's World Tour going to Bangkok is more than a rumour. There are comments on the internet that posters are up, announcing a summer season of POTO. Haven't seen picture proof, but in my hunt for more info I found this:

---

So it seems this is happening! I hope the first visit to Thailand will be as well received as The Philippines.

cheers cheers cheers
Best news of the day! YAY! Thanks! Time to save for travel funds! Very Happy
littlemissM
littlemissM

http://disappearanceshappen.posterous.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom on a Budget Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Anyone seen this yet? A 12-minute YouTube feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FI9nkP_JNs&feature=fvwrel
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 am

thats a rather brutal chandelier drop though
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  oyoyo66 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 pm

operafantomet wrote:Seems like Phantom of the Opera's World Tour going to Bangkok is more than a rumour. There are comments on the internet that posters are up, announcing a summer season of POTO. Haven't seen picture proof, but in my hunt for more info I found this:

The theatre is apparently Muangthai Rachadalai Theatre, where Miss Saigon currently plays.

Hi there! I'm Thai Phan just registered Very Happy
The POTO is really coming to Bangkok on May 2013 at Muangthai Rachadalai Theatre as you mentioned.
Thai phan getting so excited unless it is 6 more months!! XD
The poster are up in many places here in Bangkok, I have a photo but sadly as a new member I can't post the link (need to wait for a few day?)
oyoyo66
oyoyo66

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 am

Welcome to Deserted Phans, oyoyo66! We are glad to have you here Smile

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oyoyo66 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Guy, I have a great news for those who're waiting for POTO in Bangkok Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The ticket will be sell on Dec.1 which is in the next 7 days!!! I'm so excited!!!

The show will be in Bangkok for only 6 days, 8 performances. Starting May 7-12, 2013.

For more detail, you should go to thaiticketmajor website (sorry, I still can't post the link Crying or Very sad )

Since the website is in Thai language, if you need any help for translate feel free to tell me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
oyoyo66
oyoyo66

Back to top Go down

Post  Devon Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 am

I was wondering if anyone is going to see Phantom in Bangkok or Seoul, South Korea? If so, I was wondering if someone could pick up a souvenir brochure for me? Please "pm" m....thanks!!
Devon
Devon

http://devonsdomain.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Phantom World Tour - Page 4 Empty POTO

Post  Phanforlife Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum but wanted to write in about the POTO world tour 2012/2013. Jonathan was a fabulous Phantom in Manila - a huge star - beautiful voice and movie star looks! Anthony Downing is a handsome Raoul.
Claire Lyon is Christine and apparently does 5 shows and her alternate Emilie Lynne does 3 - they are both good Christines.
Dondi Ong has NEVER performed as Piangi - he is the 2nd understudy I think.
Carlotta Giudicelli is played by the wonderful Andrea Creighton. She was the Carlotta for the last Australian/Asian tour which ended 2009 - she's phenomenal. Pauline duplessis, who did it in South Africa, is her understudy. Thabiso Masemene is a great Piangi.
The cast are currently in Seoul - and have Brad Little as the Phantom for the rest of the tour. He's a lot older than Jonathan - looks to be in his 50s I think. His acting is very dramatic. His voice is not great.
Ian Bourg is one of the 2 understudies for Phantom - not the alternate. He plays the auctioneer and Monsieur lefevre in the show (not Reyer). The other Phantom understudy plays Passarino I think.
The World Tour does indeed go to Bangkok, and I have heard it will then go to Singapore and Shanghai. I've been very lucky to see it several times in Manila and in seoul - I'm not sure if I can get to Bangkok.
Phanforlife
Phanforlife

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Phanforlife wrote:Brad Little as the Phantom for the rest of the tour. He's a lot older than Jonathan - looks to be in his 50s I think.
In other words, the appropriate age for the Phantom. He's actually only 48, but he's been playing the Phantom on and off since he was about 32.

His voice is not great.
Never heard anyone claim that about Little, other than his thin upper register, being a baritone.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

First off, welcome to Deserted Phans, Phanforlife Smile Feel free to join in on the conversations here and even post a review of the Phantom performances you've seen over in the "Reviews and Phantastic Events" section.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the World Tour cast, but I'm sad to hear that Dondi Ong never had the opportunity to play Piangi - I really wanted to see a Filipino actor in some principal role while the show was in Manila. You might get some disagreement about Brad Little's voice here, though. We've got a number of long-time phans on this board and Little is one of the legendary US Phantoms from its heyday in the 90s. That being said, everyone's welcome to their opinions Smile

I'm finding it hard to uncover details about the World Tour's schedule. Do you know when exactly it will be going to Shanghai and Singapore?

Again, welcome to Deserted Phans! I hope you enjoy it here Smile

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Raphael wrote:I'm finding it hard to uncover details about the World Tour's schedule. Do you know when exactly it will be going to Shanghai and Singapore?
R.
I agree about this. Since official Phantom sources has decided to spend all their energy on lyric quoting and Sierra Boggess news, it's almost impossible to get any news on the World Tour. Best sources is whenever someone in the right city post photos online of posters advertising where they're heading next, or when cast members spill the beans.

So far I've kept track on the tour through (first) Magdalene Minnaar's official website, then Guy Simpson's LinkedIn (he was the first to reveal the upcoming Bangkok stop). I got a bit sidetracked reading about Phantom opening in New Zealand next, I was sure it was the World Tour, but it turns out they've released the right for local theatre groups to do it, so it's a smaller non-replica production opening both in Wellington, NZ and several places in Australia. Because of this it seems likely the World Tour will keep touring Asia. Dondi Ong was the one saying Singapore was on the menu, but apart from that I actually have no clue.

I wish RUG Asia Pacific would make an official site or Facebook for the World Tour, cause the local sites stops all activity once Phantom leaves. And as mentioned the "international" Phantom site and Facebook site completely ignores the World Tour.

Anyhow - welcome to the forum, Phanforlife! I'm so jealous you've seen Phantom in both Manila and Seoul! Did you ever get to see Ian Jon Bourg as the Phantom?
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Phantom World Tour - Page 4 Empty World tour

Post  Phanforlife Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 am

Thank you for your welcome! As I'm new to this, I'm not too sure how to "reply" directly to certain questions etc - so sorry if I'm not following proper protocol. I have been very lucky to see Phantom both in Manila and Seoul. Manila because my husband is currently working there and one of his corporate clients was connected to the local promoters - so we had plenty of opportunities to go see the show! As for Seoul - because I enjoyed the production so much, I took a trip over just to see it!
I wasn't saying Brad was too old to play the Phantom - I have seen Warlow in the role and he was about the same age (absolutely beautiful voice - a sensational Phantom) - I was just making a comparison to Jonathan who I had just seen in Manila who I think is one of the youngest Phantoms (he's 25 but has such maturity of look and depth of voice).
I know there are a lot of Brad fans out there - that was one of the reasons why I went to Seoul as I was so looking forward to seeing him in what was already a very very good cast. So I was quite disappointed - maybe he was having an off night? But he went out of tune, regularly, and had a very pronounced wobble. He also shouted and screamed so much that you couldn't understand the words at all. Something was definitely wrong with his voice the night I went - again - maybe he was sick. On the other hand, I think its been a good 3.5 years since he last sang Phantom - maybe he just needs to warm into the role again.But the Korean fans still went mad for him - they love him! Just out of interest - I know he's recently been in the ensemble of Evita on Broadway (and an understudy), has he sung any principal roles on Broadway in the last decade? Again - this was only my opinion on the night - I was still moved to tears and there was a very enthusiastic standing ovation!
Ps - I'm not too sure why the World Tour is being ignored - my husband overheard one of the promoters in Manila saying that the American producer thought this was one of the best casts he had seen. And apparently they are definitely going to Bangkok and Singapore and are waiting for confirmation of Shanghai.
Phanforlife
Phanforlife

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:23 am

Phanforlife wrote:Just out of interest - I know he's recently been in the ensemble of Evita on Broadway (and an understudy), has he sung any principal roles on Broadway in the last decade? Again - this was only my opinion on the night - I was still moved to tears and there was a very enthusiastic standing ovation!
Ps - I'm not too sure why the World Tour is being ignored - my husband overheard one of the promoters in Manila saying that the American producer thought this was one of the best casts he had seen. And apparently they are definitely going to Bangkok and Singapore and are waiting for confirmation of Shanghai.
The creative team is American and very proud of their cast and crew. But the London office, who updates websites, Facebook and Twitter, just completely ignores the World Tour, though several has repeatedly asked them to update. They just won't. Not a beep. And I wonder why.

As for Brad Little, he did indeed just understudy Peron in Evita on Broadway. Previously he's been principal Raoul on Broadway, and principal Phantom both on Broadway, in the US tour and the World Tour. He also recently played Jekyll in Jekyll & Hyde in the Australasian tour. He's spent the last couple of years doing big concerts, both in New York, around the US and in Asia, so his most recent Broadway credit is therefore Evita. Don't let that be some sort of quality stamp, though. It might just be that his style wasn't your cup of tea, rather than it being age or "lack of" recent Broadway engagements. I haven't heard him in his recent Seoul run, but I know that some Phantoms both phrase and act differently and it can come as a surprise. Anthony Crivello, Flemming Enevold and Ethan Freeman comes to mind. If you're used to smooth singing Phantoms like Jonathan Roxmouth and John Owen Jones, it takes some time to get used to. Or it might be that he suffers vocally, I really don't know.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ianjonbourgandethanfreema Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Phanforlife wrote:Just out of interest - I know he's recently been in the ensemble of Evita on Broadway (and an understudy), has he sung any principal roles on Broadway in the last decade? Again - this was only my opinion on the night - I was still moved to tears and there was a very enthusiastic standing ovation!
The creative team is American and very proud of their cast and crew. But the London office, who updates websites, Facebook and Twitter, just completely ignores the World Tour, though several has repeatedly asked them to update. They just won't. Not a beep. And I wonder why.

As for Brad Little, he did indeed just understudy Peron in Evita on Broadway. Previously he's been principal Raoul on Broadway, and principal Phantom both on Broadway, in the US tour and the World Tour. He also recently played Jekyll in Jekyll & Hyde in the Australasian tour. He's spent the last couple of years doing big concerts, both in New York, around the US and in Asia, so his most recent Broadway credit is therefore Evita. Don't let that be some sort of quality stamp, though. It might just be that his style wasn't your cup of tea, rather than it being age or "lack of" recent Broadway engagements. I haven't heard him in his recent Seoul run, but I know that some Phantoms both phrase and act differently and it can come as a surprise. Anthony Crivello, Flemming Enevold and Ethan Freeman comes to mind. If you're used to smooth singing Phantoms like Jonathan Roxmouth and John Owen Jones, it takes some time to get used to. Or it might be that he suffers vocally, I really don't know.

Brad Little is an untrained baritone singing a tenor role, so over the years his voice has degraded quite a bit.
When he started in 1996 his voice was incredible, incredibly smooth, yet big, booming voice. As time went on his upper register became a bit thinner and more strained, but his voice has never gotten to a point where it was suffering.
Now, being untrained, and with all the shouting he does (which is TERRIBLE for his voice), as the week of shows goes on his voice becomes a bit weaker and weaker, so you could've seen him on one of his more tired nights. But even on his tired nights his voice sounds fine.

And I've heard a...."source" of opening night in Seoul, his voice sounds as good as ever! So, don't really know what was up the night you saw him except maybe his voice was just tired after a whole week of shows.

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:42 pm

ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:

And I've heard a...."source" of opening night in Seoul, his voice sounds as good as ever! So, don't really know what was up the night you saw him except maybe his voice was just tired after a whole week of shows.

I've been Brad Little's phan since early 2000 when he was still on the US tour. And I was fortunate enough to have a chance to see him again in Seoul earlier this month... He still sounds really good. Very rich! Just like the same old Brad. And those "HANDS" ummmm.....He still got them Wink . Now, I am trying to make it to Bangkok to see him again.
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:27 pm

operafantomet wrote:
In addition to this it seems the World Tour is also visiting China (Shanghai) and Thailand........ ".

When I saw the show in Seoul, one of the cast members mentioned that the tour will probably go to Shianghai at the end of 2013. And it will be at a different venue than the one when the tour stopped there in 2005.
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:46 am

Masquerade wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
In addition to this it seems the World Tour is also visiting China (Shanghai) and Thailand........ ".

When I saw the show in Seoul, one of the cast members mentioned that the tour will probably go to Shianghai at the end of 2013. And it will be at a different venue than the one when the tour stopped there in 2005.
So not the Esplanade? That's interesting to know. I think Dondi Oong has mentioned a Shanghai stop several times, but it's hard to get it confirmed until posters are up. Glad they keep touring, though.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 pm

operafantomet wrote:
So not the Esplanade? That's interesting to know. I think Dondi Oong has mentioned a Shanghai stop several times, but it's hard to get it confirmed until posters are up. Glad they keep touring, though.

I believe The Esplanade is the Theatre when the production last stopped in Singapore. They played at The Shanghai Grand Theatre when they stopped in Shanghai in 2005.
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:42 am

Masquerade wrote:
operafantomet wrote:

I believe The Esplanade is the Theatre when the production last stopped in Singapore. They played at The Shanghai Grand Theatre when they stopped in Shanghai in 2005.
My mistake! Do you think they'll be in Shanghai Grand Theatre this time around too? Just trying to get some key words for intense googling....
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Masquerade wrote:
My mistake! Do you think they'll be in Shanghai Grand Theatre this time around too? Just trying to get some key words for intense googling....

From what I was told, it will not be at the Shanghai Grand Theatre where they played in 2005. It will be at a new Theatre that was just opened couple years ago. Not sure about the name of the venue. I have an impression that it is the same venue where Brad got a concert in there in 2011.
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 am

Masquerade wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
Masquerade wrote:

From what I was told, it will not be at the Shanghai Grand Theatre where they played in 2005. It will be at a new Theatre that was just opened couple years ago. Not sure about the name of the venue. I have an impression that it is the same venue where Brad got a concert in there in 2011.
According to this post over at Tumblr they'll be at the Grand Theatre, Marina Bay Sands from July 1 to September 22 (working schedule):

http://roadtophantom.tumblr.com/post/42092112669/grinningyellowsspinningreds-replied-to
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:53 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Masquerade wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
Masquerade wrote:

According to this post over at Tumblr they'll be at the Grand Theatre, Marina Bay Sands from July 1 to September 22 (working schedule):

http://roadtophantom.tumblr.com/post/42092112669/grinningyellowsspinningreds-replied-to

You are talking about The Grand Theatre, Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, right? But from what I wrote in my possts above, I was talking about "The Shanghai Grand Theatre" in Shanghai, China. Cool
Masquerade
Masquerade

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 am

Anyone know how I can get my hands on a Seoul souvenir brochure? I think it has new production photos.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 am

Masquerade wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
Masquerade wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
Masquerade wrote:

You are talking about The Grand Theatre, Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, right? But from what I wrote in my possts above, I was talking about "The Shanghai Grand Theatre" in Shanghai, China. Cool
Haha, my post wan't really in reference to the "which theatre in which country" mixup, it was rather to post a confirmation on where they will perform at the upcoming Singapore visit. Sorry for further confusion. Smile
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 am

The World Tour has an unofficial Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phantom-of-the-Opera-World-Tour/131647607009683

Covering the stops and/or licensed productions in Seoul, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, Manila and Bangkok.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:42 pm

So if I've gotten all the sources right:

Kristi Holden is the new World Tour alternate, and she's in Seoul right now for rehearsals.

Emilie Lynn, current alternate, leaves after Seoul, but tweeted she "hoped to be back in the lair soon" (US tour?).

Rebecca Spencer also leaves after Seoul.

The new Madame Giry is "Tina", and Kristi Holden knows her well. In other words, Tina Walsh!?

Add that Ian Jon Bourg is the Phantom alternate/understudy (he alternates some weeks, it seems), and what you have is one giant Las Vegas Phantom alumni party.

Brianne Kelly Morgan, get your ass over there!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 am

Can someone please not kill me if this article has been posted here already?

Because it has INCREDIBLE backstage photos of some of the World Tour costumes from the Manila, Philippines stop last year.

Also, the article is basically a love letter to Maria Bjornson and how much the costume crew is devoted to preserving the integrity and quality of her designs.

Rock on.

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/68150/tales-from-the-phantom-backstage

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 am

So the World Tour cast for Bangkok appears to be:

Phantom: Brad Little
Christine: Claire Lyon
Christine alt: Kristi Holden
Raoul: Anthony Downing
Carlotta: Andrea Creighton
Firmin: TBA
André: Jason Ralph
Madame Giry: Tina Walsh
Meg Giry: Eleanor Waite
Piangi: Thabiso Masemene
Phantom u/s: Ian Jon Bourg

And the local producer is.... (drum roll).... BASE Entertainment. Which might explain the increase in Vegas folks in the tour? It's BASE Asia, though, so it might be coincidental.

https://www.facebook.com/potoworldtour/posts/141029049404872
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ianjonbourgandethanfreema Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Phanforlife wrote:Thank you for your welcome! As I'm new to this, I'm not too sure how to "reply" directly to certain questions etc - so sorry if I'm not following proper protocol. I have been very lucky to see Phantom both in Manila and Seoul. Manila because my husband is currently working there and one of his corporate clients was connected to the local promoters - so we had plenty of opportunities to go see the show! As for Seoul - because I enjoyed the production so much, I took a trip over just to see it!
I wasn't saying Brad was too old to play the Phantom - I have seen Warlow in the role and he was about the same age (absolutely beautiful voice - a sensational Phantom) - I was just making a comparison to Jonathan who I had just seen in Manila who I think is one of the youngest Phantoms (he's 25 but has such maturity of look and depth of voice).
I know there are a lot of Brad fans out there - that was one of the reasons why I went to Seoul as I was so looking forward to seeing him in what was already a very very good cast. So I was quite disappointed - maybe he was having an off night? But he went out of tune, regularly, and had a very pronounced wobble. He also shouted and screamed so much that you couldn't understand the words at all. Something was definitely wrong with his voice the night I went - again - maybe he was sick. On the other hand, I think its been a good 3.5 years since he last sang Phantom - maybe he just needs to warm into the role again.But the Korean fans still went mad for him - they love him! Just out of interest - I know he's recently been in the ensemble of Evita on Broadway (and an understudy), has he sung any principal roles on Broadway in the last decade? Again - this was only my opinion on the night - I was still moved to tears and there was a very enthusiastic standing ovation!

Okay so at first I doubted the comments on Brad Little. I always found his voice incredible and the "source" I had of opening night in Seoul he sounded fine.

I have recently gotten about 8 more "sources" from Seoul, and you were right. Brad sounds absolutely horrifying. His upper register is practically gone, he's straining thru-out the whole show, going flat on the high notes and cracking on them multiple times. What used to be one of the best baritone voices in the business is now....well I don't know how to describe it.
I hope they either lower the score for him or he goes and gets a good voice teacher some time soon. I doubt his voice can last much longer the shape its in....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next