Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Never Dies - all views allowed

+54
phantomphan1992
Lucy
operaphan
Lycanthrope
justin-from-barbados
sk8phan
auctioneer
Soprano Rose
Madame Giry
Viscountess
ML6
Josephine
LoveShouldDie
Demodiki
starryeyed
Riene
MCfan
orange_peas
ladyghost
IamErik771
Amyable_Nature
phantom10906
The White Half-Mask
Phantom on a Budget
AngelofMusic
fondestgreeting
tiawhitecat
Cape Twirl of Doom
PhantomJT
MasqPhan
phantomgirl110
TGITPC
aussiephan
Mandrake
Becky
Christine's Shadow
InkedAlchemist
Rebecca
LadyCDaae
Callie Daae
Raphael
HDKingsbury
Phantomlove
SenorSwanky
Amberly_Nichole
Helen
Miss von Krolock
EarlFan
carlottawannabe
operafantomet
HerMajesty
Phantom Cat
Scorp
Paula74
58 posters

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  starryeyed Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:16 pm

It annoys me that being outside Her Majesty's! I don't know why, it just does.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 Empty Re: Love Never Dies - all views allowed

Post  operafantomet Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Hmmm.... Glad it all amused you... I think other forum members might also have some... Cool
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:16 am

It was lying face down last night, i wonder if someone intentionally did that?

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 am

ruthy wrote:It was lying face down last night, i wonder if someone intentionally did that?
Scorp, where were you last night? sunny
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantomlove Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 am

I think you restrained yourself admirably Anéa. After all you could have sneaked there during the dark hours of the night to vandalise it. And yet you didn't afro .

Phantomlove

http://siggesot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:19 pm

My sentiments exactly, Anea. lol!

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:52 pm

operafantomet wrote:
ruthy wrote:It was lying face down last night, i wonder if someone intentionally did that?

silent Please Mademoiselle, don't look at me...as God's my witness...

Erm, well the evidence doesn't look good I have to say... I was in the area and I was completely off my face, but if it was me then I have no recollection of it. That said, I have little recollection of last night in general, so, er...

operafantomet wrote: I think other forum members might also have some... Cool

Is that a cue for me to post the one of me?

Oh go on then, I don't usually (well, I pretty much never) post pics of me on forums but I'll make an exception and oblige in this case. Wink

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 Lndyuck

Oh and yeah, some very familiar names in the cast, a lot of them previously involved with RUG (quite a substantial amount were in the Evita and Joseph revivals). Interesting Celia Graham's in it...wonder if she auditioned for Christine?? I agree with operafantomet about her -- fantastic acting, especially opposite JOJ (those two had great chemistry), but I'm less keen on her voice.

By the way, I forgot to tell operafantomet when we saw Phantom that I reckon ALW might have spotted his nonsensical timeline error re: LND, since in the newest cast programmes, they're now setting the show far less precisely in the "late nineteenth century" as opposed to 1881. I'll have to check how long they've been using "late nineteenth century" for, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's a recent alteration to make a bit of an allowance for the mistake. Not that this really rectifies the LND timeline at all, though... Anyone know what they're using now in any of the productions in the States? Bev Hislop's 'Phenomenal Phantom' article has also been modified to include mention of the sequel...*sigh*
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:54 pm

I must go check my programmes. If that's right, and it is because of the timeline issue it is yet another piece of evidence of him re-jigging the original to fit the "sequel/ not sequel" it should be the other way around.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:44 pm

operafantomet wrote:

I was there! It wasn't me, I was too busy hating the purple signage! I notice Annette Yeo is in Love Never Dies. I saw her as Madame Giry a few years ago. I wonder if she's understudying the role in the sequel.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:12 am

Scorp wrote:
By the way, I forgot to tell operafantomet when we saw Phantom that I reckon ALW might have spotted his nonsensical timeline error re: LND, since in the newest cast programmes, they're now setting the show far less precisely in the "late nineteenth century" as opposed to 1881. I'll have to check how long they've been using "late nineteenth century" for, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's a recent alteration to make a bit of an allowance for the mistake. Not that this really rectifies the LND timeline at all, though... Anyone know what they're using now in any of the productions in the States? Bev Hislop's 'Phenomenal Phantom' article has also been modified to include mention of the sequel...*sigh*
Does this mean they also re-branded Daae's crypt to read: "Died 1890-ish"? santa

The September '09 Vegas playbill still uses 1911 and 1881, and my June '09 Broadway playbill says the same. Anyone who's seen the show post-LND official announcement may have more current info, though.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:54 am

My tour program from last week still said 1911 and 1881.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:18 pm

OK, I just checked my programmes.

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

I'll give you the bad news, since that's the most important bit: they are changing the original Phantom to make it fit with Love Never Dies. I have a programme from the London show which I saw in late October, and it's still 1881. My programme from last week, however, says "late 19th century". Now, why would they do this after two decades of using 1881? Does it have anything to do with the fact that 1907 is not ten years after 1881? I think the answer is most definitely. I wonder whether it was one of the creatives for LND who realised or whether they saw all the criticism about that on boards like these...?

(Oh, the good news was that the ambiguity of "late 19th century" means you can make it more consistent with Leroux's novel, the events of which are not precisely dated but seem to fall IMHO between 1882 (after the opening of the Musée Grévin) and 1884 (it can't be 1885 or after because the Phantom has promised Mme Giry that Meg will be an empress by that year......as opposed to an Ooh La La Girl Rolling Eyes )).

Incidentally, I decided to find out when exactly it was they realised their original "1861" mistake that was used in the OLC programme. It must have been either when they transferred the show to Broadway or just before, as my programme with the second London cast (Dave Willets, Claire Moore, Michael Ball) uses 1881, and so does my OBC playbill with Crawford and Brightman. So they've been using 1881 since at least 1988...and now they've changed it for LND. I will be very interested to see if and when they make the same change to all the playbills in the worldwide productions...keep a look out, people.

Would anyone like to inform Love Should Die? Neutral

Thinking that ALW must be hating Joel Schumacher now for making it even worse for him by dating the filmthatshallnotbenamed in 1870!
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  TGITPC Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:53 pm

That's just ridiculous and in my opinion, pretty stupid. If this sequel ends up being a flop, they'll have changed something like that for nothing. Still, I'm glad that it's something minor. I admit, when you said that they were changing the original to fit the sequel, I had a mini panic attack. And what you said about Leroux is a plus also. Unfortuantly, ALW seems to put a lot of consideration for the original and its phans.
TGITPC
TGITPC

http://thatgirlinthephantomcostume.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Scorp wrote:

Thinking that ALW must be hating Joel Schumacher now for making it even worse for him by dating the filmthatshallnotbenamed in 1870!

Haha Laughing
EarlFan
EarlFan

http://riasphantomfiles.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:22 pm

TGITPC wrote:ThI admit, when you said that they were changing the original to fit the sequel, I had a mini panic attack. And what you said about Leroux is a plus also.

Likewise! I envisioned something like changing lyrics and scenes. Phew!

Meh, I suppose the only thing we can keep in mind is that as far as Love Never Dies goes, "This, too, shall pass." (and hopefully pass right soon!)

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 am

*facepalm* Nicole's involvement revealed: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/646815/Nicole-Scherzinger-turns-tail-on-the-Pussycat-Dolls.html

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  TGITPC Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 pm

God, he's trying to turn her into another Sarah *frickening* Brightman. That really pisses me off considering that I feel she's talentless hack. This whole project has offically gone down the tubes for me.
TGITPC
TGITPC

http://thatgirlinthephantomcostume.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:17 am

I know I previously said I wouldn't post in this thread (seems ignoring this thing is the best way to reduce stress levels), but I just saw some comment posted on a YouTube video and a user claims to be playing Gustave in LND and says his character is Raoul and MEG's son. Shocked scratch Despite that, he still somehow has a "mystical connection" (his words) with the Phantom. My brain can't take this, I'm going for a lie down.

P.S. I think he's real. His name's Tyler Fagan, he has an IMDb page that says he was born in '98, and the name rings a bell because there was a Tyler Fagan who was in London's Mary Poppins.
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:43 am

Scorp wrote:I know I previously said I wouldn't post in this thread (seems ignoring this thing is the best way to reduce stress levels), but I just saw some comment posted on a YouTube video and a user claims to be playing Gustave in LND and says his character is Raoul and MEG's son. Shocked scratch Despite that, he still somehow has a "mystical connection" (his words) with the Phantom. My brain can't take this, I'm going for a lie down.

P.S. I think he's real. His name's Tyler Fagan, he has an IMDb page that says he was born in '98, and the name rings a bell because there was a Tyler Fagan who was in London's Mary Poppins.

Ok, confused now scratch
I recognize his name, come to think of it I believe he played Gavroche in the recent Les Mis concert on Isle of Wight.
EarlFan
EarlFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:41 am

EarlFan wrote:
Scorp wrote:I know I previously said I wouldn't post in this thread (seems ignoring this thing is the best way to reduce stress levels), but I just saw some comment posted on a YouTube video and a user claims to be playing Gustave in LND and says his character is Raoul and MEG's son. Shocked scratch Despite that, he still somehow has a "mystical connection" (his words) with the Phantom. My brain can't take this, I'm going for a lie down.

Ok, confused now scratch
I recognize his name, come to think of it I believe he played Gavroche in the recent Les Mis concert on Isle of Wight.

OK, he's real. Forget the Meg/Raoul thing, it turns out he meant Christine not Meg. Though, to quote him, "Meg has gone a bit mad" in the sequel.

Neutral
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Scorp wrote: Forget the Meg/Raoul thing, it turns out he meant Christine not Meg.

Ah, ok. That makes more sense Razz
EarlFan
EarlFan

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:27 pm

He did indeed play Gavroche in the Les Mis concert. Interesting about him playing Gustave, a lot of people were impressed with him in that concert.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:47 pm

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/article/LOVE_NEVER_DIES_Reported_to_Already_Have_Near_13_Million_Advance_20100101

According to BWW, Love Never dies supposedly already has nearly a $13 million advance sales in tickets. Shocked

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 pm

The world want to be deceived...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Not only that, but I see now RUG is getting fans who attended the LND Press Release to write entries to the LND blog describing their experience and how excited they are to see the sequel. http://www.loveneverdies.com/blog/

It seems like anyone can email an entry for the blog, but of course they retain the rights to edit/omit for length and content. (Darn...)

I guess they want to give a perception that a majority of the phan community is all for this project. :p

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  EarlFan Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:39 am

Madame Giry wrote:I guess they want to give a perception that a majority of the phan community is all for this project.

Very true
EarlFan
EarlFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 pm

EarlFan wrote:
Madame Giry wrote:I guess they want to give a perception that a majority of the phan community is all for this project.

Very true

Does that mean they're worried about all the fan negativity? I find it hilarious I have to say that most of the comments on those YouTube "Phans can't wait!" videos are from fans saying that they CAN wait (one of which admittedly is a comment from me).

RUG are certainly putting a lot of effort into promoting this in a way that was sorely lacking with The Woman in White and the Evita revival. Maybe they've learnt their lesson about their recent poor advertising.

I'm not sure how much those statistics re advanced sales mean to be honest. The show is hardly sold out for months and months like ALW's shows were in his heyday. Looking at See Tickets right now, it looks like I can easily book for a performance in May!

My flatmate who's a producer told me he heard that the show would need to run at 85% capacity for around 5 years or something to recoup...don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure, I should double check. I have doubts as to whether LND can achieve that though.

Rehearsals started this week but supposedly things don't get going properly till Monday. I did a detour past the Adelphi last night when I was in the West End to see The Misanthrope (best line in it was "You could make the front page, like a Lloyd Webber musical...or some other natural disaster" Laughing) and interestingly the foyer (closed to the public) was crammed full of these big crates. Wonder what was in them? Pic:

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 P1060258

Looking at the Adelphi now makes me sad. I have such fond memories of seeing the original Sunset and the fantastic Evita revival there...

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 AboutadelphiLove Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 Adelphitheatreevita-1

...and now it's set to be defaced...this was how it looked last night (i.e. they were about to put up the marquee but didn't quite manage it, maybe because of the snow)...wonder if they've put that horrible logo up nice and big over the front of the theatre yet?

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 Lndjan2010

Neutral

Yeah, you'd be right in thinking that I needed to go elsewhere to wipe the above from my mind, so I did just that (didn't see the show, but just admired how much nicer HMT looks without hideous automaton Christine masks):

Love Never Dies - all views allowed - Page 10 Hmtnight
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Scorp: amen! And nice pics.

Must admit I've only seen the "Evita" revival at Adelphi, and I wasn't crazy about the theatre. Too much cinema feeling in the auditorium for my liking. But it's had some great stuff running there in the past, and it'll be interesting to see how LND will hold up there.

Surprised by how RUG tries hard to present this as something all phans are crazy about and has wanted for years. Sure, those exist too. But I think it's a 50/50 split in, and I'm still annoyed it's the "Yay this is awesome" 50% they present to the world. Do I see why they do it? Absolutely. But it's still an inaccurate picture of the situation.

God, I sometimes envy the Les Mis phans, who don't have to deal with a lousy movie musical version and a most unwelcome sequel...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Must admit I've only seen the "Evita" revival at Adelphi, and I wasn't crazy about the theatre. Too much cinema feeling in the auditorium for my liking.

Ah, but the cinema feeling is exactly why it was the perfect place to house Sunset Blvd...

God, I sometimes envy the Les Mis phans, who don't have to deal with a lousy movie musical version and a most unwelcome sequel...

They get more cast recordings too... *sigh*
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 pm

operafantomet wrote:
God, I sometimes envy the Les Mis phans, who don't have to deal with....a most unwelcome sequel...

Except that ghastly novel, Cosette. But I don't think anyone would consider making a musical or movie of that piece of garbage!
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next