Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 2

+52
phan101
Viscountess
zcfthf8
tromp-la-mort
HerMajesty
LadyCDaae
RatSalsa
charleygirl
TheFinnishPhantom
StrangerThanUDreamt
phantom10906
Porteña
exopotamie
tjacks55
PridePhan
Blaidd_Drwg
justin1976
Madame Giry
PhantomsGhost
London-Phan
Bunvendor
ravnquest1
Vicomtesse de Chagny
Lycanthrope
AlwaysChristine
Princess
MajesticPhantom
TheStudent
ifonlyidont
ML6
Phantomlove
Paula74
MasqPhan
mona lisa
Mandrake
JW89
Hilde
Callie Daae
Klavirista
Raphael
Miss von Krolock
PMB1034
EarlFan
Bric
auctioneer
Helen
starryeyed
Scorp
justin-from-barbados
operafantomet
Aled_Boyo
SenorSwanky
56 posters

Page 12 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Go down

The London production 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: The London production 2

Post  Bunvendor Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:11 am

Happy Birthday PHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Happy Birthday!!!

And John Owen-Jones has all of his holidays listed on his website. johnowenjones.com
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hilde Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks!

Hilde

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Happy 25th London production!

I'm usually not one to call out something like this, but at this very moment on the London production's Facebook page, there is a fellow named Geoffrey who is in a spirited debate about the love triangle and how the changes made to PotO at the 25th Anniversary "enhances" LND. Typically, I'd leave this sort of thing alone or poke my head in to make a short statement myself, but then the guy said this:

The way one views LND depends fully on how they saw Phantom. I guess I saw it as it was intended.
and

See the funny thing about opinions. Unless they are my opinion they are completely wrong. Smile LOL
So for any of you on Facebook, I call on you to set this guy straight by replying to that thread. As it is with this forum, try to keep it logical, well-researched, and civil. I'll post something myself when I have the opportunity.

TAFKaR
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me who the current London Phantom understudy (aka 2nd cover) is please. I know it was Brian McCann but as he left the cast i wondered who had replaced him?
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:28 pm

I would help but I cannot seem to find it, where exactly is it Raphael?
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss von Krolock Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:30 pm

London-Phan wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me who the current London Phantom understudy (aka 2nd cover) is please. I know it was Brian McCann but as he left the cast i wondered who had replaced him?
It's Simon Shorten.
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Miss von Krolock wrote:
London-Phan wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me who the current London Phantom understudy (aka 2nd cover) is please. I know it was Brian McCann but as he left the cast i wondered who had replaced him?
It's Simon Shorten.

Thankyou. Has he be on yet as the Phantom do you know?
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss von Krolock Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:53 pm

London-Phan wrote:
Miss von Krolock wrote:
It's Simon Shorten.

Thankyou. Has he be on yet as the Phantom do you know?
No, as far as I know he hasn't been on yet.
Miss von Krolock
Miss von Krolock

http://www.myspace.com/miss_von_krolock

Back to top Go down

Post  Lycanthrope Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Happy 25th birthday to the London production! Here's to many more. Very Happy

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Happy b'day to the phantastic original. (Sad we have to use the word "original.")
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:04 am

SenorSwanky wrote:Happy b'day to the phantastic original. (Sad we have to use the word "original.")

Or as the London posters say 'Brilliant Original'

(I so love that that's on the posters...)
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 am

Yeah, couldn't remember the adjective they used. I hate it. It's derogatory and insulting. It is the ONLY Phantom, not the original. That other schlock is just some half-baked and insulting fanfic someone poured money down the tubes putting on stage. And I hate fanfic and shipping and all that crap.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:30 am

SenorSwanky wrote:Yeah, couldn't remember the adjective they used. I hate it. It's derogatory and insulting. It is the ONLY Phantom, not the original. That other schlock is just some half-baked and insulting fanfic someone poured money down the tubes putting on stage. And I hate fanfic and shipping and all that crap.

But really, Dustin, tell us how you truly feel. Smile

Personally I like the use of 'The Brilliant Original' as a marketing tool for the show. It distinguishes the legendary production from its (admittedly ill-conceived) offspring and recognizes its well-deserved success and renown.

Think of it as less a mark of shame and more a badge of honor.

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 am

They've used the tagline before, I think it was around the time the filmthatshallnotbenamed came out in 2004. To be honest, you could interpret "the brilliant original" as referring to the fact that it's the original production rather than seeing it as a way to distinguish between the show and...lesser forms of entertainment.

BTW, re Swanky's point on fanfic and shipping etc... Snap! I don't "ship" anyone. I just have respect for the story. I don't object to LND because I'm a "R/C shipper" or whatever. I'm neither "E/C" nor "R/C" nor "E/M" nor "R/M" (nor "C/M", though that would be interesting, as would "E/R" Razz ). Those sorts of labels sound horribly childish to me and reek of Twilight-type fandoms. I object to it because it's a deformation of the story and its characters.
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm

If this has been posted in this thread before, my apologies. I went back through the last few pages and didn't see it.

Someone on DeviantArt posted this picture of a Limited Edition London poster (500 printed) that collects the 9 posters used for the London Production over the years.

http://waggers124.deviantart.com/art/Limited-Edition-Phantom-poster-262481415

Which reminds me, I still need to get my hands on one of those Red Death Phantastic posters. And, whoa, I've never seen that 22 Years poster before. Does anyone have a picture of that in a a larger size?

Also, does anyone know where you can order one of those limited posters?

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:03 pm

The limited poster comes with the 25th anniversary box set:
http://shop.thephantomoftheopera.com/Store/DII-8832-8-the+phantom+of+the+opera+25th+anniversary+box+set.html

I ordered one. Can't wait till it arrives.
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:25 am

Deleting review- I can't take back what I said, but I realize tonight that I would like to review the shows less in public domain, and to respect the feelings of the artists. I should not write positive or negative reviews in a quick go... it's not fair to the artists' integrity or feelings.

Last edited by MajesticPhantom on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:29 pm

I thought I'd throw this out here. London Phantom tonight. John Owen-Jones and Killian Donnelly are having a tweet-off. Starts when the overture starts, which I 'd guess is about now...? (or in a half hour?)

https://twitter.com/#!/johnowenjones
https://twitter.com/#!/killiandonnelly
https://twitter.com/search?q=#johnvskillian

So far it's been quite amusing.

(Trying to amuse myself at work while I'm waiting for stuff to come in to do...)
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Came home to that, and found it quite funny!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Scorp wrote:BTW, re Swanky's point on fanfic and shipping etc... Snap! I don't "ship" anyone. I just have respect for the story. I don't object to LND because I'm a "R/C shipper" or whatever. I'm neither "E/C" nor "R/C" nor "E/M" nor "R/M" (nor "C/M", though that would be interesting, as would "E/R" Razz ). Those sorts of labels sound horribly childish to me and reek of Twilight-type fandoms. I object to it because it's a deformation of the story and its characters.
Amen.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 pm

OK, for the first time in ages I have an itch to see Phantom again. Seeing the RAH event made me appreciate the original at Her Majesty's all the more, and since I'm now apprehensive about what the new tour is going to look like, I want to get some full-fat original into my veins. Anyone want to go any time soon? I'd like to catch JOJ a couple of times before we get Jöback in...
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Scorp wrote:OK, for the first time in ages I have an itch to see Phantom again. Seeing the RAH event made me appreciate the original at Her Majesty's all the more, and since I'm now apprehensive about what the new tour is going to look like, I want to get some full-fat original into my veins. Anyone want to go any time soon? I'd like to catch JOJ a couple of times before we get Jöback in...
I WANT I WANT I WANT

(but I can't I can't I cant.... Neutral )
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:34 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Scorp wrote:OK, for the first time in ages I have an itch to see Phantom again. Seeing the RAH event made me appreciate the original at Her Majesty's all the more, and since I'm now apprehensive about what the new tour is going to look like, I want to get some full-fat original into my veins. Anyone want to go any time soon? I'd like to catch JOJ a couple of times before we get Jöback in...
I WANT I WANT I WANT

(but I can't I can't I cant.... Neutral )

Aw, can you make it at all to London before the end of the year?
Scorp
Scorp

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:45 am

So, on another board, I just saw Scott Davies being referred to as seeming too old for the role of The Phantom. This makes me very sad. It would seem these days anyone who is not young is unsuitable for the role. Rolling Eyes That is all.

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 am

starryeyed wrote:So, on another board, I just saw Scott Davies being referred to as seeming too old for the role of The Phantom. This makes me very sad. It would seem these days anyone who is not young is unsuitable for the role. Rolling Eyes That is all.

Too old? Isn't he in his forty's? Michael Crawford was 46 when he originated the role. Scott is not too old, although the average age of actors playing the phantom seems to be early to mid thirty's.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:50 am

starryeyed wrote:So, on another board, I just saw Scott Davies being referred to as seeming too old for the role of The Phantom. This makes me very sad. It would seem these days anyone who is not young is unsuitable for the role. Rolling Eyes That is all.

Wow. Too old? I guess they have not read the novel and realized around how old Erik really is suppose to be. I wonder what these folks would think if Peter Karrie was in the new UK Tour as originally planned?
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:21 pm

I assume these are the same people who think the age issue between Christine and the Phantom is creepy especially since they're meant to end up together for eternity.

Guess what? The age issue between them IS creepy. Their whole relationship IS creepy, if you look at it objectively. I can very well understand how it all appears better if the Phantom is 30-something and handsome. But that's kinda... another musical, ya know? Neutral

/bitchy and bitter

As for Scott Davies, I could understand the "too old" argument if he didn't have the voice anymore, or showed signs of being tired. But he still sings the role incredibly well, and gives it all on acting. Whether one like his interpretation or not is up to one's preferences, but it's not age related.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:10 pm

I believe Scott is 50 and I most definitely agree with everyones replies. Yes if he seemed tired I would say perhaps he is getting too old for playing the role, but I would only apply that to him. I wouldn't say he was too old because of his age, too old just because he seemed tired.

Also, not naming names but he seems to have a lot more stamina than certain ex (younger) Phantom's. I was at a performance where he badly injured his ankle on the trap door and he continued to the end (albeit limping) and did a further week of performances as The Phantom on an extremely bad ankle injury. The same couldn't be said of most!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:35 pm

my 2 cents, totally agree, I much prefer an older phantom, thats why I loved McGillin so much in the role. He is SUPPOSED to have a long history back in Pursia and all that, how can someone in their late 20's early 30's do all that. And I love the whole creepy vibe of him being old enough to be her father, and living such a long life shunned.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next