Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High School and College Productions

+30
Madame Giry
Bunvendor
TheFinnishPhantom
PhantomsGhost
Scorp
Freyalise
ChristineDaae1982
Phantomlove
Phantour
toasterphantom
The White Half-Mask
AngelOfMusic325
IamErik771
Princess
Bric
Paula74
Raphael
Alyssa
Christine's Shadow
SenorSwanky
Deathshead1
Phantom on a Budget
Becky
PhantomofPhoenix
phantom10906
Rebecca
ML6
LadyCDaae
operafantomet
MasqPhan
34 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

High School and College Productions - Page 7 Empty Re: High School and College Productions

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Went to see the local college production, really wish I hadn't...for starters the timing was way off, the chandelier (which looked like it had seen better days) was already being hoisted to the ceiling before the overture even begun! Blasphemy! The Carlotta was very strong, and really surprised me vocally. But the trio...while decent singers, just had no chemistry at all; and MoTN was dreadful, sue to the fact Christine just sat in the boat the whole time, while the Phantom read the lyrics from a cheat-sheet of libretto taped to the bottom of the boat! Many around me noticed and weren't too happy. No chandelier crash...just a blackout..very anti-climactic. Act two was..meh, PoNR was ruined again by the Phantom having the libretto laying on the table, so Christine and the Phantom spent the whole number just sitting there while he read from the score. A lot of flubbed lines, half the cast was doing french accents, the other half american, no consistency. I made my thoughts well known to the powers that be, after seeing it.
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7