Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soapbox! Share your rants!

+16
RoseOfTransylvania
TheFinnishPhantom
Alyssa
starryeyed
SenorSwanky
Christine's Shadow
phantom10906
ML6
Callie Daae
Phantomlove
MasqPhan
Elisabetta611
phantomphan1992
operafantomet
Becky
Josephine
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Soapbox! Share your rants! - Page 3 Empty Re: Soapbox! Share your rants!

Post  PhantomsGhost Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:17 pm

operafantomet wrote:Not at all a rant, just... extremely random info. What I learned today: Disney's Pluto is a mixed-breed dog, part Bloodhound, part English Pointer.

I would have never guessed. I thought he was just some made-up...thingy. Laughing
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:39 am

Anyone here ever had their gallbladder removed? It looks like I have numerous, fairly large gallstones, so I'm going to have to get it removed at some point this summer. Good news is, the bile duct is still clear, so that'll make the surgery fairly easy if I understand the doctors correctly. And there's no infection. But still, surgery of any kind isn't fun.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 pm

phantomphan1992 wrote:Anyone here ever had their gallbladder removed? It looks like I have numerous, fairly large gallstones, so I'm going to have to get it removed at some point this summer. Good news is, the bile duct is still clear, so that'll make the surgery fairly easy if I understand the doctors correctly. And there's no infection. But still, surgery of any kind isn't fun.

I have never had surgery preformed on me, you are very young so that should help in recovery, and if you smoke, quit, plain and simple, smoking retards the body from healing itself, a fellow fan had this surgery done to her, (I am trying to get her to sign in and respond, ) the positive side was she healed faster than her doctor said she would. she followed her doctors orders to the t.

my good thoughts are with you. and positivity and a great attitude go a long way, also prayer as well.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks. I'm not especially worried about the recovery, or even the surgery itself. At least not just yet, though I might start to panic as it gets closer to the surgery (which I haven't scheduled yet... meeting with the surgeon who will most likely perform the surgery on the 24th). I actually just kind of wish I could get it over with now, but since it's almost the end of the semester, I really can't afford to take the time off right now. The biggest plus to this whole thing is the fact that I finally know what's been causing all this pain, and I know how I can avoid it for the most part.

I don't know. I don't even think this is really a rant. I was just kind of curious if there was anyone here whose brain I could pick, since I'm trying to talk to as many people who have had the surgery as I can beforehand to get an idea of what I might be able to expect.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 am

So sorry to hear about the gallbladder trouble.

I've never had any trouble with mine, but a co-worker had his out late last year. He was out for about a week and a half, in pain for the first few days, and tired, but relieved it was over.

I don't get to talk to him that often, any more since he's moved departments but the last time I spoke to him was about two months ago. I asked him how he was doing and he said fine. Pretty much eating normally.
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 am

Thank you. Eating normally is what I think I'm most looking forward to after the surgery. I mean, obviously after the recovery period, during which I'm sure I'll be on an even stricter diet than I am now. But not having to worry (too much) about how much fat I'm eating and whether or not it's enough to trigger another gallbladder attack sounds like heaven. Smile
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum