Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Vegas Production

+41
Stephanie
AlwaysChristine
CountessDeChangy
StrangerThanUDreamt
Loettchen
Devon
PhantomsGhost
Bunvendor
MajesticPhantom
providerofgoods
justin-from-barbados
operaphan
vmkwinner
Mme Reyer
LisaL
Phantom on a Budget
TheMaskedLion
Paula74
PhantomofPhoenix
LadyCDaae
ML6
alaron
phantomphan1992
musicalfan
Madame Giry
LiQuiD DiAmOnD
Viscountess
SenorSwanky
Demodiki
Becky
Rebecca
meglett
IamErik771
Christine's Shadow
operafantomet
Raphael
phantom10906
Scorp
phantomgirl110
MasqPhan
Callie Daae
45 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Las Vegas Production - Page 3 Empty Re: Las Vegas Production

Post  operafantomet Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:02 am

Raphael wrote:
“We are automatically an investor in the American production of Love Never Dies, which will open at the Marquis Theater on Broadway in November. (...) Phantom has a good five years yet here, and we can always add guest name stars if necessary,” he said.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/mar/02/holly-madison-empeepshowem-back-and-better-ever/

Guest name stars?

R.
"We can always add guest name stars if necessary"... Cause that worked SO well in Toronto (Paul Stanley) and Essen (Uwe Kröger)?

And I wondered why the Las Vegas FB site had started to promote LND lately. I see why now, if they're automatically going to be investors in the Broadway production.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Look out, Crivello! You may be replaced by an American Idol! Rolling Eyes

operafantomet wrote:And I wondered why the Las Vegas FB site had started to promote LND lately. I see why now, if they're automatically going to be investors in the Broadway production.
I figured it would be partly due to the fact that they have an LV alumni in the show, but mostly because RUG is associated with both and therefore they're expected to show support. But the second LND bumps the original Vegas show out, I'm gonna stop visiting Sin City.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LiQuiD DiAmOnD Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:17 pm

hey everyone! glad i found the new phans home Smile

anyways, i'll be seeing the vegas production at the end of the month. i was wondering if mezzanine seats are okay? or should i get something closer. i want to be somewhat cheap - and the second row mezzanine seats aren't too bad of price.

however, if they are pretty terrible, i don't mind paying extra for the side orchestra (Row B). but i'm afraid that might be too close.

what are your thoughts, suggestions? Should i go for mezzanine or is it worth it to pay extra and be closer??

LiQuiD DiAmOnD

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Welcome to the group!

I've sat in the mezzanine and could see everything very well. It gave a good panoramic view of the theatre and it was an interesting place for the opening sequence. I"m guessing you're looking at the discounted seats from the www.phantomlasvegas.com website. Definitely good prices. $59 for Mezz.

However I much prefer sitting closer to the front so I can take in all the costume/set details, facial expressions. For me it was worth it to pay the extra to sit closer. If on a budget though the mezzanine is fine and the sound is great.

Have you checked sites like www.travelzoo.com, www.smartervegas.com or www.destinationcoupons.com ? They often have promo codes you can use at the Venetian box office to get discount priced tickets.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:12 pm

I prefer front row center myself, but if you're a first-timer to the Vegas production, center loge seating is great for a view of everything. Sitting closer will require you to turn around at certain points in the show to see what's going on behind you (which kind of makes the whole experience more interactive when you think about it).

I don't know if this was brought up yet, but as I was rummaging through some of my Phantom swag, I found a discount code that apparently is good for attendees of Fans Week as well as friends and family members. Gets you $50 off Golden Circle or Orchestra seats. The card says the offer is good until September 30, 2010, so I believe you can use it, LiQuiD DiAmOnD.

PM me if you'd like the code.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Raphael wrote: I don't know if this was brought up yet, but as I was rummaging through some of my Phantom swag, I found a discount code that apparently is good for attendees of Fans Week as well as friends and family members. Gets you $50 off Golden Circle or Orchestra seats. The card says the offer is good until September 30, 2010, so I believe you can use it, LiQuiD DiAmOnD.

R.

That promo code was cancelled. I was looking to arrange seats for someone last week and the lady on the phone said it was no longer valid. Tried it online too in case she was wrong and it didn't work there either.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Has anyone heard anything more about Fans Week 2010?
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  LiQuiD DiAmOnD Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:15 pm

thanks. i went with the mezzanine seats. it is my first time seeing the vegas production, and we are in the center of the balcony. the seats on the floor, while close, were way off to the side. which could be quite annoying i think.

can't wait to see it !

LiQuiD DiAmOnD

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 pm

MasqPhan wrote:That promo code was cancelled. I was looking to arrange seats for someone last week and the lady on the phone said it was no longer valid. Tried it online too in case she was wrong and it didn't work there either.
As phantomgirl110 would say:

BUMMER! Mad

Glad you got your tickets, LiQuiD DiAmOnD. Might want to bring a pair of opera glasses in case you want a closer look at the sets or costumes from your seat. The auditorium's surprisingly deep.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 am

MasqPhan wrote:
Raphael wrote: I don't know if this was brought up yet, but as I was rummaging through some of my Phantom swag, I found a discount code that apparently is good for attendees of Fans Week as well as friends and family members. Gets you $50 off Golden Circle or Orchestra seats. The card says the offer is good until September 30, 2010, so I believe you can use it, LiQuiD DiAmOnD.

That promo code was cancelled. I was looking to arrange seats for someone last week and the lady on the phone said it was no longer valid. Tried it online too in case she was wrong and it didn't work there either.
But how can they just cancel it if the card say it should be valid to a specific date? They're de-gifters!

I hope you'll have an awesome time, LiQuiD DiAmOnD!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:48 am

operafantomet wrote:
MasqPhan wrote:

But how can they just cancel it if the card say it should be valid to a specific date? They're de-gifters!

That does suck about the promo code. I was thinking of using mine on spring break, guess not. I hope in some odd way this is not a subtle hint that there will be no forth coming Fans Week this year. Sad Have a Great time LiQuiD DiAmOnD. Very Happy
phantom10906
phantom10906

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:43 pm

There's still Travelzoo.com which usually has a $40 code TZOO40.

Still stinks that the other code was cancelled.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Ok, so I haven't written on here in a while.
So changes in the cast are as follows:

Joan Sobel is now our current Carlotta and Emily Thrasher is the new Mme. Firmin.
Patrick Leveque is back playing the Marksman/ Raoul and M. Reyer U/S track.
Sarah Elizabeth Combs is now the Princess/Mirror Bride/ Christine U/S.
Ashlee Dupre is now in the Monkey girl track.

A lot has been changing over here, but we're still here. Come on over and see us sometime! Very Happy
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:01 pm

I really liked Patrick as Raoul the two times that I saw him. I'd list him as my second fav. so it's cool news to me that he's back.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine's Shadow Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:18 pm

LiQuiD DiAmOnD wrote:hey everyone! glad i found the new phans home Smile

anyways, i'll be seeing the vegas production at the end of the month. i was wondering if mezzanine seats are okay? or should i get something closer. i want to be somewhat cheap - and the second row mezzanine seats aren't too bad of price.

however, if they are pretty terrible, i don't mind paying extra for the side orchestra (Row B). but i'm afraid that might be too close.

what are your thoughts, suggestions? Should i go for mezzanine or is it worth it to pay extra and be closer??

I saw the show from Row B my first time and I personally thought it was just such an excellent seat. the only tiff I had about it was I couldn't see Raoul terribly well in Think of Me, since I was right under his box (I was off to the side) but I loved seeing the show that close. Watching the Chandelier drop behind me was completely amazing just taking in the entire thing drop (which is *quite* big).
Christine's Shadow
Christine's Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:05 am

I saw the Vegas show from dead center in the Orchestra, fifth row from the stage. It was a really great vantage point, though of course I had to turn around every time something (like the Chandelier) was going on above and behind me. From there you're close enough to see all the facial expressions of the actors but just far away enough that you don't need to crane your neck to see everything happening on/around the stage.

Hope you have a good time!

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  musicalfan Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Hello everybody! I am new here. On Broadway Vegas I have found this post:

"Another Suitcase in Another Hall" - The works of Andrew Lloyd Webber
SUNDAY, MARCH 21 at 7pm at The Cabaret Showroom at the Liberace Museum, LV
For tickets call 702.798.5595 ext.14 (www.liberance.org)

Featuring performances by Phantom's Kristi Holden, Kristen Hertzenberg and Ian Jon Bourg.

I am so sorry that I can't go there. Crying or Very sad

musicalfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 am

Welcome musicalfan! Very Happy

Yes, the Las Vegas cast does quite a few concerts and benefit shows on the side. Vegas phans are lucky to be living there and have the opportunity to see them out of costume and performing different things!

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Just wondering if anyone's heard anything yet as far as dates for the next fans week? Jeff and I are really hoping to attend, so it would be nice to get something booked in advance. I'd thought they were going to make an announcement in February, but I haven't seen anything yet. Maybe I just missed it?

Thanks all - hope to catch y'all fine phan folks in LV soon! Woot!

~Rebecca (<--- maybe just a tad hyper on this Friday afternoon....)
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Rebecca wrote:Just wondering if anyone's heard anything yet as far as dates for the next fans week? Jeff and I are really hoping to attend, so it would be nice to get something booked in advance. I'd thought they were going to make an announcement in February, but I haven't seen anything yet. Maybe I just missed it?

Thanks all - hope to catch y'all fine phan folks in LV soon! Woot!

~Rebecca (<--- maybe just a tad hyper on this Friday afternoon....)

I asked that very question on their facebook page, they said basically keep looking. My thought is it would come out with the newsletter at the end of this month. When did they announce it last year? Anyone remember?
phantom10906
phantom10906

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:06 pm

mid-May

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomgirl110 Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:49 pm

May 7th, to be exact. I only know this because I posted a very sequeeful blog about it as soon as I got the email.
phantomgirl110
phantomgirl110

http://freewebs.com/little-meg

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Ah.... well, guess we've got awhile then.

(Which is good considering the state of the costume I'm making... See? Yes, it looks like empty air! Because right now there is NOTHING!! Gotta get a move on, Rebecca!)
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:39 pm

phantomgirl110 wrote:May 7th, to be exact. I only know this because I posted a very sequeeful blog about it as soon as I got the email.

Hmm thats odd, i could have sworn the news came out in mid April. Well heres to hoping it comes with the March newsletter. cheers
phantom10906
phantom10906

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:11 pm

I remember the May date as well. I remember that when the notice came it was two weeks before I was supposed to be leaving for a trip to Vegas. Then I had to go around like a mad-hatter trying to make changes in my trip so I'd save some $$ for Fans Week reservations.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:05 am

Ugh. Stupid school. Mad

I'll make it one year...
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  LiQuiD DiAmOnD Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:05 pm

operafantomet wrote:

thanks! i'm going next saturday. eee!

i'm sure i'll get to vegas again in the near future - so i 'll try to get better seats next time. we're trying to stick to a budget on this trip.

does anyone know if there is a set date/year for the show to close at the venetian?

LiQuiD DiAmOnD

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:30 pm

LiQuiD DiAmOnD wrote:does anyone know if there is a set date/year for the show to close at the venetian?
It's an open-ended run, so there's no set closing date. Enjoy the show!

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LiQuiD DiAmOnD Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:44 pm

who usually plays christine at the 7pm saturday night show? she was probably one of my favorite christines.

LiQuiD DiAmOnD

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 pm

I believe Kristi Holden usually does Saturdays.

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next