Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The London production 2

+33
stephantom53
IamErik771
Irina de France
MajesticPhantom
justin-from-barbados
TwelveInchTailor
Jennie
phantom10906
Scorp
Bunvendor
Phantour
sunsetbue
Mandrake
AlwaysChristine
phan101
Modern Myth
starryeyed
StrangerThanUDreamt
BeautyUnderneath
zcfthf8
SenorSwanky
operafantomet
London-Phan
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
LadyCDaae
agonzalez160
mona lisa
ML6
auctioneer
nynaevealmeera
Helen
NightRachel
Porteña
37 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The London production 2 Empty The London production 2

Post  Porteña Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:29 am

MajesticPhantom wrote:

I literally could not take my eyes off Anna any time she was on stage. There were so many moments I caught anew here (my umpteenth time seeing it). She, as an actress, has an opinion about every single moment on stage, and reacts with a full depth and activity. Her voice is solid, but I suspect the Think of Me cadenza is sitting in an odd spot in her voice (she did the staccato Brightman version), but everything else soared. And the Leroux element? The "Who was that man?" solo the "morning after" was filled with distrust, demonstrative frustration, and slight fear, not generalized smiles (much like the distrust and anger in the book in the initial unmasking). Basically, she acts and sings this role to pieces, fully fleshed out (meaning she can be bratty, rude, rash, demanding, confused, hurt, empathetic), fully present. Seeing a Christine trying desperately to keep her composure during the "Angel in Hell Phantom Break down" was heartbreaking.

THIS. I agree 100%.

I saw Anna in December, and loved her performance, as she plays a truly traumatized Christine. She's not the naive or curious young girl, oh no. During Act I, it is VERY clear that her fascination with the Phantom resides on the longing for her father.
In Act II, Christine is clinically crazy and hits rock bottom from Twisted Every Way to Wandering Child. I feared some Love Never Dies echoes by the end (considering Anna's previous work), but fortunately, they never came. It was just pity.

Oh, she also looks the part and sings effortlessly, so...
Porteña
Porteña

Back to top Go down

The London production 2 Empty Re: The London production 2

Post  LadyCDaae Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 am

Glad to hear O'Byrne is doing well. Sounds like a very Leroux-esque interpretation.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh wow I've been away from this board for what feels like forever, nice to see so many people impressed with the new cast!

Incase anyone likes keeping up with the ballet girls there are two new ballet girls just joined and Nicole Cato is now one of the Meg covers Smile

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:59 pm

I saw Marcus Lovett now 2 times but I felt nothing.
I don´t know why but I´m not impressed with his voice and his acting...nothing.
I´ll be back for 2 times in March, we´ll see what happen...

Anna O´Byrne is really a different Christine. Leroux everywhere.
She is my reason to see it again.
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 am

Can someone please tell me what time the evening performance is on a Thursday?

I'm asking because I just purchased tickets (online) for the evening performance on Thursday, April 11th...and when I selected the tickets I wanted, it listed the performance time as 7:30pm. But when I got the receipt for payment, the performance time was listed as 6:30pm.

I'm traveling from the U.S. to London, and it'll be my first time seeing Phantom at Her Majesty's Theatre. If someone here can please let me know which time is the correct one (6:30pm or 7:30pm) for a Thurs evening performance, I'd appreciate it. Smile
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:31 am

The evening show normally starts at 7.30pm. I think the doors open at 6.30pm.

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:55 pm

From whom did you purchase your tickets?
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 pm

MajesticPhantom wrote:From whom did you purchase your tickets?

I purchased them through a link right on the official POTO London webpage, which took me to the Broadway.com website and I purchased the tickets from there.
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:34 am

Give them call. But, most assuredly, the performance is at 7.30pm.

Funnily enough, whenever I buy my tickets for the London production via SeeTickets (the preferred official ticket agent for the show) online whilst home in America, the mail the ticket in 24 time, but also indicate it as PM (19:30PM). Methinks that is redundant!
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks, Helen and MajesticPhantom, for letting me know the correct time for the performance.
Yeah, I pretty much found out from official sources that the performance is indeed at 7:30pm. So I don't know why my ticket receipt said 6:30pm (I had a feeling that wasn't correct)...maybe it was a typo. Rolling Eyes
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  agonzalez160 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:04 am

The London production 2 Phanto14

For those young talents who dream to be one day Phantom or Christine this is a great opportunity , so excited !

agonzalez160

Back to top Go down

Post  nynaevealmeera Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:39 pm

A nice little Q&A with Marcus Lovett, current West End phantom:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-phantom-of-the-opera/thank-you-phantom-phans-marcus-lovett-answered-your-phabulous-questions/10151546933683188
nynaevealmeera
nynaevealmeera

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:46 am

nynaevealmeera wrote:A nice little Q&A with Marcus Lovett, current West End phantom:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-phantom-of-the-opera/thank-you-phantom-phans-marcus-lovett-answered-your-phabulous-questions/10151546933683188
My respect for him just increases. He's really dug down to the core of the character.

He's also playing an opposite version - he want to interview "phans", to hear why they connect with the show, when they first saw it etc etc. That will probably be the first time in history someone official does that.

Follow him on Facebook or Twitter, he interacts a lot with the "phans":
https://www.facebook.com/marcuslovettofficial
https://twitter.com/marcuslovett_
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:50 pm

operafantomet wrote:My respect for him just increases. He's really dug down to the core of the character.

Yes, my sentiments exactly!
I just returned from seeing Marcus's Phantom in London, and I thought the performance was really great! It was my first time seeing POTO in London, and it was just as wonderful as any NY performance. Her Majesty's Theatre is a very beautiful theater (even more so than the interior of the Majestic Theatre in NYC). Anyway, the London souvenir program/brochure is also very nice (some really great photos within, even better than many in the NY production's program). As for the performances of the 3 leads...Marcus Lovett is now one of my new fave Phantoms -- I really enjoyed his portrayal of Erik. I thought Sofia Escobar's Christine was okay -- I liked her singing better than her acting in the role. And Simon Thomas was an okay Raoul.

It's too bad I can't travel to London more often, because I would really like to see Marcus's Phantom again sometime. I even prefer his Phantom over Hugh Panaro's, and wish it was Marcus in the role in the Broadway production now. Smile
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  agonzalez160 Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:22 am

Seems the auditions for the major cast changes are going to start , Lisa-Anne Wood have an audition on Monday so its almost sure that Anna is leaving the cast probably for the love never dies tour or another big project who is already rehearsing, cant wait to hear whats is going to happen but i would have love Anna leading the brilliant original in London , but who knows maybe in the future

agonzalez160

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:44 pm

I will post more in depth thoughts over the next few days but I saw one of the best performances (in my opinion) I have ever seen today. Scott Davies, Anna O'Byrne and Richard Munday sure did make for a very interesting and different take on the show!

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi all,
Long time no post. Just to say that it's great to have a grown-up back playing the Phantom. Missed that after JOJ left most recently. What Lovett lacks in vocals he makes up for in acting. Definitely a more 'classic' Phantom. I understand that Anna O'Byrne is leaving us sooner than expected. Too bad. I guess we will have new Christines in the fall if Sofia Escobar moves on.

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 pm

*chants softly* Fresh blood, fresh blood...
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:48 am

starryeyed wrote:I will post more in depth thoughts over the next few days but I saw one of the best performances (in my opinion) I have ever seen today. Scott Davies, Anna O'Byrne and Richard Munday sure did make for a very interesting and different take on the show!

Sounds really interesting, can´t wait to hear more...
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

The London production 2 Empty Cast Change?

Post  mona lisa Sun May 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi! Does any of you know when will be the next cast change in Her Majesty´s, please? Many thanks in advance Smile

mona lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun May 19, 2013 8:07 pm

mona lisa wrote:Hi! Does any of you know when will be the next cast change in Her Majesty´s, please? Many thanks in advance Smile

I think it's begining of September as the last change was in September and the cast are on 12 month contracts, not sure of the exact date though. Although Anna is leaving next month so there should be a new alternate coming in but i've not heard yet who it is?
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 am

Marcus has stated he is leaving on August 31. One can assume this is the final performance of the cast. This next cast might be on a 53-week contract to get the cast change in September for 2014. Has that ever happened before? I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm intrigued about who the new alternate will be. I'd not be surprised if, whoever she is, she stays on through the cast change, especially if she is new to the role. Can't imagine them rehearsing and building wigs for a 2-month engagement.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun May 26, 2013 8:46 am

Any news yet on Anna's replacement? I can't seem to find anything out but the role must has been cast by now I would have thought, I think it's only just over 3 weeks until Anna leaves.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

The London production 2 Empty No information so far

Post  agonzalez160 Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 am

Even Anna doesnt know whos going to replace her , I believe it wont we a new christine until the major cast changes , It will probably
the understudy Ashleigh Flemming (shes good and its being performing alot more recently , Sofia was on vacation and Anna its really busy with Barnum and a little Night of Music or It would be an ex Christine like Katy Trahene or someone similar its too soon to bring a new one , we will see , must known soon

agonzalez160

Back to top Go down

Post  ianjonbourgandethanfreema Sun May 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I've heard the rumor the new Phantom will be someone who was involved with the West End production early in the show's history,
Crossing my fingers for Michael Ball, Dave Willetts or Peter Karrie....

ianjonbourgandethanfreema

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sun May 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Much as I love Ball's voice, I don't think he's...how shall I put this?...physically appropriate for the role at this time.

I'd still like to see John Barrowman have a crack at the part, but he's probably too high-profile for that right now...

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun May 26, 2013 3:08 pm

I'd save up for my first trip to London if Karrie or Ball is cast.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  London-Phan Sun May 26, 2013 4:52 pm

ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:I've heard the rumor the new Phantom will be someone who was involved with the West End production early in the show's history,

Any of those would be awesome, I know Karrie has said he would happily do it again but I personally think he may be a little too old for it now. I remember asking Dave Willetts if he would ever play the Phantom again and he said "no, I've been there done that". But that was back when he was in Cats around 12 years ago so he may have changed his mind. I think Michael Ball is possible and I'm surprised that he hasn't played the part befor now, and as for his "physical appearance" he looked like he had lost weight when I saw him in Sweeny Todd and after seeing him in that I can definitely see him making a good Phantom.
London-Phan
London-Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun May 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Simon Bowman and Peter Polycarpou are other possibilities.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun May 26, 2013 5:14 pm

ianjonbourgandethanfreema wrote:I've heard the rumor the new Phantom will be someone who was involved with the West End production early in the show's history,
There's been rumours about Simon Bowman for a long time now, I would not be surprised if it's him.

I really wish for Jonathan Roxmouth (South Africa, World Tour) to get a run either in the West End or at Broadway. Despite his very young age he has both the talent and the experience. I know he's in Sunset Boulevard next, but after that? Please, please, please...
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next