Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour

+53
mona lisa
Masqueradelove
ianjonbourgandethanfreema
purplehaze93
Copycat
tiawhitecat
Becky
Paula74
HerMajesty
harryzing
ette
tromp-la-mort
Callie Daae
ravnquest1
Bric
EarlFan
Viscountess
meglett
justin1976
TheFinnishPhantom
charleygirl
ifonlyidont
StrangerThanUDreamt
AlwaysChristine
London-Phan
Madame Giry
Raphael
TheMaskedLion
Helen
MasqPhan
Phantom on a Budget
PhantomsGhost
Bunvendor
starryeyed
Aled_Boyo
PridePhan
ladygodiva
Miss von Krolock
BradPhan
MajesticPhantom
MaskedLion
IamErik771
Phantomlove
Devon
SenorSwanky
PMB1034
LadyCDaae
ML6
Scorp
operafantomet
Lycanthrope
justin-from-barbados
phantom10906
57 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary Restaged Tour

Post  justin-from-barbados Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:39 pm

I actually think it might be the same, I remember in one of the LND things somewhere they gushing over the Dr. Who connection.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary Restaged Tour

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 am

Speaking of Box 5, I booked a seat at the Met in....drumroll...Box 5; seat 1 for the ballet Le Corsaire; so yes my inner "Phan" is pumped!
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:again, any word on if they have a new deformity or if they are using the below LND deformity to go with the LND mask?

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Th_001
Hey there Justin,
Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a day or two. It is a new deformity and is definitely not the LND one. Its hard to desribe what it looks like. The usual head 'crater' is replaced with a bid indent, almost like he has been stamped on the head by a horse. This indent sort of 'jolts' that half of the skull outwards a bit. The cheek area I recall had lots of marks that I remember looked a bit like red ears, and they got smaller and smaller towards the nose. That is all I remember for now.
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:27 pm

The eye is also made to look like it is being pulled down a bit, but it is not that extreme. Pretty similar to the traditional eye. I definitely prefer the old deformity, but the new one is okay.
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:46 pm

You know, when you guys were talking about that 'Christine suicide attempt on the roof', I recall Scorp and I having a side conversation many moons ago. He actually informed me that in the book, Christine actually does contemplate a jump off the roof (or appears to?). There is a line about her standing on the edge, dangerously close and possibly ready to jump and Raoul calls out to her.

Just thought that's interesting that someone mentioned that.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:18 pm

ML6 wrote:You know, when you guys were talking about that 'Christine suicide attempt on the roof', I recall Scorp and I having a side conversation many moons ago. He actually informed me that in the book, Christine actually does contemplate a jump off the roof (or appears to?). There is a line about her standing on the edge, dangerously close and possibly ready to jump and Raoul calls out to her.

Just thought that's interesting that someone mentioned that.
She also threats to cut her wrists at one point, down in the lair... Or is my mind tricking me? In general Leroux Christine is much more dramatic than ALW Christine. The latter carries more sadness, or loneliness, though there of course are moments of drama in the ALW version as well.

But I wanna maintain that the "jumping from the roof" thing was done long before the new UK tour was even initiated, if only by a few actresses in the West End.

ETA. Rumours has it the Phantom's "Superman hairdo" is gone... Anyone who can confirm this?
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:48 pm

operafantomet wrote:She also threats to cut her wrists at one point, down in the lair... Or is my mind tricking me?
ETA. Rumours has it the Phantom's "Superman hairdo" is gone... Anyone who can confirm this?

Yup, in at least the Lowell Blair translation Christine specifically finds a pair of scissors in her room in Erik's home that she intends to use to cut her wrists - pretty sure she was about to do so right after the unmasking until she heard him playing Don Juan on the organ.

And if the silly new wig is gone from the Tour, that is a huge step in the right direction! Smile

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:51 am

Madame Giry wrote:
operafantomet wrote:She also threats to cut her wrists at one point, down in the lair... Or is my mind tricking me?

Yup, in at least the Lowell Blair translation Christine specifically finds a pair of scissors in her room in Erik's home that she intends to use to cut her wrists - pretty sure she was about to do so right after the unmasking until she heard him playing Don Juan on the organ.

And if the silly new wig is gone from the Tour, that is a huge step in the right direction! Smile

~Madame~

Yeah, you have to get a good unabridged translation for that part, but it's there--as I recall Christine planned to take her life if Erik ceased to be "honorable" towards her (ie. if he was going to rape her). And she does try to bludgeon herself to death on the walls after the second abduction as well. Girl has a huge melodramatic streak in her (probably understandable given her situation...).

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:14 am

Found two new pictures from the tour today, along with those we've already seen. They seem to be in the same style as the others, except not so photoshopped. This tells me they have had a proper photoshoot. The big question is: WHY do they not publish more pictures?? Either they're sorting out the costume issue, or they're trying to create an online buzz and make people go photo hunting. But it's still very odd. Anyway, the pics I found today are beautiful:

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Katiehalluktour
Katie Hall in "Think of Me". I miss the tiaras on the ballet girls, but it's a lovely costume and image overall. The skirt looks like a fairly new West End version, like the one Rachel Barrell, KKA and Celia Graham (second run) wore. Actually, I think it's the one either Graham or KKA wore. New scarf, I really don't have an opinion on it. Probably smart move to keep *something* for Christine to hold, though. Easier to act and sing.

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Katiehallsimonbaileyuktour
This is gorgeous. very eerie, and very recognizable Palais Garnier. I don't get the strong school production vibes from this as I did from the photoshopped ones.

From here: http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Bedfordshire/Bedford/MK40/News/Whats-On/219566-24-October-24-November:-Tickets-on-sale-from-4-April-for-The-Phantom-of-the-Opera
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:36 am

Yeah, I do like those shots more than any of the others we've seen.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  charleygirl Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Agreed. Much, much better.

You can just imagine the hand creeping out from behind the statue of Apollo... Smile
charleygirl
charleygirl

http://www.charleygirl.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Also, this one has been around the web for some time, apparently it's from a preliminary brochure they sold in Plymouth. It shows Katie Hall and John Owen Jones rehearse what is described as the Final lair (probably when Raoul first appears, as a parallel to Ramin Karimloo's choking stunt in the RAH concert):

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Lairrehearsal

(No, they have not replaced the front skirt and apron with the floral fabric seen... it's Katie Hall's private dress poking through....)
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:50 pm

So does Christine do Final Lair in the PONR dress, or is she just using the bodice for rehearsal? I'd assume we'd have heard by now if it's the former....

Those new production stills do look great--the rooftop scene is especially dark, eerie and romantic.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:37 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:So does Christine do Final Lair in the PONR dress, or is she just using the bodice for rehearsal? I'd assume we'd have heard by now if it's the former....
She appears in curtain call in her wedding dress, so I always assumed it was just for rehearsals. But they might have toyed around with ideas on when she was to change into her wedding dress. To some phans it's always been something of a plot hole that she has to change clothes when kidnapped by the Phantom. I've never been one considering that a plot hole, though!
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Eh, I always figured that at some point between scenes the Phantom threw the wedding dress at her and said something along the lines of "If you haven't changed clothes in ten minutes, I'm changing them for you." Anyway, I think it would just be awkward for Christine to be singing through that intense final scene while trying to wrestle that dress on....

"Farewell, my fallen idol and false friend! One by...um, is my skirt straight in the back?"

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  charleygirl Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:53 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:
"Farewell, my fallen idol and false friend! One by...um, is my skirt straight in the back?"

Laughing "Angel of Music... does my bum look big in this?"

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
charleygirl
charleygirl

http://www.charleygirl.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:59 pm

charleygirl wrote: Laughing "Angel of Music... does my bum look big in this?"

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
*insert Phantom singing "....I liiiiike big butts and I cannot lie...."*

Ahem. I'm sure the wedding dress was mentioned somewhere, but wasn't that in the context of "Music of the Night"? That instead of the mirror bride he threw the wedding dress at her, and THAt made her faint? Or did that happen in the Final Lair? I think it was cut anyhow.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:07 pm

That was in MotN, and I think (hope?) I read somewhere that it's since been changed.

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscountess Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:53 pm

operafantomet wrote:
charleygirl wrote: Laughing "Angel of Music... does my bum look big in this?"

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
*insert Phantom singing "....I liiiiike big butts and I cannot lie...."*

Ahem. I'm sure the wedding dress was mentioned somewhere, but wasn't that in the context of "Music of the Night"? That instead of the mirror bride he threw the wedding dress at her, and THAt made her faint? Or did that happen in the Final Lair? I think it was cut anyhow.
I hope he does something more along the lines of "dramatically presenting it to her" because throwing does take a bit of the romance out of it. Razz
Viscountess
Viscountess

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:57 pm

LadyCDaae wrote:Eh, I always figured that at some point between scenes the Phantom threw the wedding dress at her and said something along the lines of "If you haven't changed clothes in ten minutes, I'm changing them for you." Anyway, I think it would just be awkward for Christine to be singing through that intense final scene while trying to wrestle that dress on....
If I recall correctly, in the original 1990 screenplay the Phantom tears her Aminta dress off at the start of the scene and Christine actually spends most of Final Lair in just her undies and the veil until close to the end.

There's a fun fact you probably could have done without Smile

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madame Giry Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:04 am

Raphael wrote:
If I recall correctly, in the original 1990 screenplay the Phantom tears her Aminta dress off at the start of the scene and Christine actually spends most of Final Lair in just her undies and the veil until close to the end.

R.

Oh, you mean like this?

http://makeupgoddess.deviantart.com/art/Phantom-and-Christine-Pin-Up-5-261842148 (Probably NSFW)

There's an image you probably could have done without Smile

~Madame~
Madame Giry
Madame Giry

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am

Raphael wrote:
LadyCDaae wrote:Eh, I always figured that at some point between scenes the Phantom threw the wedding dress at her and said something along the lines of "If you haven't changed clothes in ten minutes, I'm changing them for you." Anyway, I think it would just be awkward for Christine to be singing through that intense final scene while trying to wrestle that dress on....

R.

Yup..

"INT. PHANTOM'S LAIR. NIGHT. (CONTINOUS)

CHRISTINE rounds fiercely on the PHANTOM. The PHANTOM
tears her dress off, the costume from "Don Juan".

CHRISTINE

HAVE YOU GORGED YOURSELF
AT LAST, IN YOUR
LUST FOR BLOOD?

(No reply)

AM I NOW TO BE
PREY TO YOUR
LUST FOR ALL FLESH?
etc."
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 am

Raphael wrote:

R.

I remember that. As if Schumacher didn't already have Christine traipsing around in her unmentionables way more than is appropriate for the character and setting...

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Just to help with a few questions...
The floppy wig was most definitely there when I saw the show on 7/4/12, but it may have changed by now. Although that annoying little curl was caught under his mask in the first lair scene (WIN!). Unfortunately, it was back in the next scene.
There is no more wedding dress chucking. The veil is there in the lair, but he doesn't throw it at her.
Quite interestingly, people have said that Carlotta wears a new red dress in notes. Its actually the dress from notes 2! Well, deep down. Its the normal dress, but with a 'layer' or too ripped off. The bodice is just plain red fabric, so no embelishments at all. Mad The regular black and white dress has actually been moved to notes 2 for some reason... but like the other one, it is rather bare. It also has these HORRIBLE bright purple trims and tassels around the edges. Evil or Very Mad I think both dresses have new hats too. This whole 'thinning down' idea has been used on most costumes, including Christine's. She does have a wedding dress, but the fabric is cheaper, there are less layers and there is just a plain white bodice with no embelishments.
There was a different photo of AIAOY outside the theatre I believe, but I didn't get a picture of it. There is snow, but only for a limited time. THere isn't any when the phantom comes on, and it may have ended even before Raoul and Christine left.
That flowery dress isn't part of the real aminta, as operafantomet said. But I remember that the gold/black front skirt was essentially gone, just with a bigger apron. If anyone has a question about the tour, I'll try to help, but I can't promise I will remember!
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Purple tassels on the Prima Donna dress? Oh dear no. One of my favorite things about that dress is how it conveys Carlotta's dramatic style without being ridiculously gaudy....

~LCD

LadyCDaae

Back to top Go down

Post  StrangerThanUDreamt Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

I dont feel so bad about contacting the Bjornson archive after all....
StrangerThanUDreamt
StrangerThanUDreamt

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorp Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 pm

thephanfullerton wrote:Just to help with a few questions...
The floppy wig was most definitely there when I saw the show on 7/4/12, but it may have changed by now. Although that annoying little curl was caught under his mask in the first lair scene (WIN!). Unfortunately, it was back in the next scene.
There is no more wedding dress chucking. The veil is there in the lair, but he doesn't throw it at her.
Quite interestingly, people have said that Carlotta wears a new red dress in notes. Its actually the dress from notes 2! Well, deep down. Its the normal dress, but with a 'layer' or too ripped off. The bodice is just plain red fabric, so no embelishments at all. Mad The regular black and white dress has actually been moved to notes 2 for some reason... but like the other one, it is rather bare. It also has these HORRIBLE bright purple trims and tassels around the edges. Evil or Very Mad I think both dresses have new hats too. This whole 'thinning down' idea has been used on most costumes, including Christine's. She does have a wedding dress, but the fabric is cheaper, there are less layers and there is just a plain white bodice with no embelishments.
There was a different photo of AIAOY outside the theatre I believe, but I didn't get a picture of it. There is snow, but only for a limited time. THere isn't any when the phantom comes on, and it may have ended even before Raoul and Christine left.
That flowery dress isn't part of the real aminta, as operafantomet said. But I remember that the gold/black front skirt was essentially gone, just with a bigger apron. If anyone has a question about the tour, I'll try to help, but I can't promise I will remember!
OG

What's the time gap between Act 1 and Act 2? Is it still 6 months? If so, that would place AIAOY in the middle of summer, since Act 2 begins with with the New Year's party......so should it really be snowing?
Scorp
Scorp

http://phantomslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

I still wanna maintain that these changes done to the costumes are note economically founded. It doesn't make them easier to tour. It doesn't keep sewing costs down.

Less curly ballerina wigs? No character wigs in Masquerade? Less specially made boots and hats? THAT I can see is an economical question. But spending hours on altering a stock of existing and perfectly usable costumes? Not so much. And they would have to do that with eventual replacement costumes as well, which means further expense.

Whatever they claim, the changes are artistically founded. But apparently without consulting with the costume's designer (or her estate/whatever). I'm not saying Maria Bjørnson's costumes are holy. If she were around to approve changes, or even DO the changes, cool. If her archive and/or was notified and approved of it, fine. But as it looks now - though I might be wrong - they went behind their back and hoped it was easier to get forgiveness than to get permission. It rubs me the wrong way. Especially when the changes does not improve the costumes.

When they first announced they were to make new sets but keep the original costumes, I remember saying they should design both anew. Simply because new sets means new ideas and new visuals. I felt a fresh start would be better. I think the heavy alternations in the costumes shows someone within the production would prefer new costumes too...
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Scorp wrote:What's the time gap between Act 1 and Act 2? Is it still 6 months? If so, that would place AIAOY in the middle of summer, since Act 2 begins with with the New Year's party......so should it really be snowing?
I believe there's a 12 month gap, like in the 2004 movie. Someone commented on it in a review, about it being more believable that Christine was so terrified in Masquerade, when the Phantom appears, because she felt safe when it seemed he had definitely disappeared. Hence, AIAOY takes place during winter, and the show is not as OOT as it seems.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:53 pm

operafantomet wrote:Found two new pictures from the tour today, along with those we've already seen. They seem to be in the same style as the others, except not so photoshopped. This tells me they have had a proper photoshoot. The big question is: WHY do they not publish more pictures?? Either they're sorting out the costume issue, or they're trying to create an online buzz and make people go photo hunting. But it's still very odd. Anyway, the pics I found today are beautiful:

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Katiehalluktour
Katie Hall in "Think of Me". I miss the tiaras on the ballet girls, but it's a lovely costume and image overall. The skirt looks like a fairly new West End version, like the one Rachel Barrell, KKA and Celia Graham (second run) wore. Actually, I think it's the one either Graham or KKA wore. New scarf, I really don't have an opinion on it. Probably smart move to keep *something* for Christine to hold, though. Easier to act and sing.

25th Anniversary Restaged Tour - Page 16 Katiehallsimonbaileyuktour
This is gorgeous. very eerie, and very recognizable Palais Garnier. I don't get the strong school production vibes from this as I did from the photoshopped ones.

From here: http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Bedfordshire/Bedford/MK40/News/Whats-On/219566-24-October-24-November:-Tickets-on-sale-from-4-April-for-The-Phantom-of-the-Opera
Sometimes I get a little grumpy on the online world. Like now. I found those two pictures overneath, no-one in the online Phantom world had seen them or commented on them before. I post them here. I site where I found them.

Then people grab them like crazy, and no-one cites back where they found them. Is it too much to ask that people either say "I found them over at Deserted Phantoms" or "They came from this article"? Source. A very good thing, folks.
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next