Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Achieving my Dream-Meeting Michael Crawford

Go down

Achieving my Dream-Meeting Michael Crawford Empty Achieving my Dream-Meeting Michael Crawford

Post  TMGPhan Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Achieving my dream about meeting Michael was a dream I thought about all the time. I had missed out on everything Michael had done in the past with the MCIFA. The minute I found out he was going to have a Members Only Event in Long Beach, California, I wanted to go; it was my dream to tell him I got my GED. He helped me through a very hard time in my life. The letter he wrote me in February 2006 encouraged me to go and obtain my GED. He told me everything I needed to hear to receive my GED. He told me not to be scared of the tests, and I would do brilliantly on the test. He was right! I received my GED in November 2007. After I received my GED, I thought the most perfect gift would be to meet Michael and tell him my good news.

I had almost given up hope that I would be attending the events in Long Beach, California. I wanted to go so much, but I was told it was impossible to meet Michael at events like these. I had prayed so much that Michael would do a meet and greet with fans at the event. I believe I suggested that Michael have a signing with MCIFA members awhile back in an email to the CoCos. My prayer was answered shortly after I had given up hope that I would attend the events. I received a very special hotline from the MCIFA that would change my life. I thought at first it was just a regular hotline about activities that would be happening that weekend. I was so surprised when I saw the subject title. I started to cry when I saw the subject line, “June Event to include Signing”. I knew from that moment, it was meant for me to attend the MCIFA “Sailing into Summer” weekend in Long Beach.

On June 12th, 2009, I boarded a plane from Tallassahee, Florida. I was a little nervous at first when the plane took off. I thought about my trip to meet all of my MCIFA sisters and Michael to help me get over the fear of flying. I arrived in Orange County, California around 5 PM. My friend Gale Lew from California was there to meet me at the airport. We listened to Michael in the car and talked about how excited we were about meeting him on Sunday. Later on in the day, we met up with a couple of the MCIFA sisters at the Irish pub. I think almost all of us were nervous about meeting Michael. It helped being around my sisters I have known for several years.

The whole weekend was wonderful, but Sunday was the best! I was so nervous that morning. I felt so sick that morning. Just ask my friends Linda Taylor, Gale Lew, Laura-Lee Mahon and Terri Hofmann. They knew how nervous I was about meeting Michael; they were great. They helped me through it. It’s wonderful to have a circle of friends like these ladies. All of my MCIFA sisters were very sweet and supported me in my dream. I felt like I have known them forever.

I thought I was about to faint when I got closer to the time to meet Michael at the signing table. I thought at first I wouldn’t be able to say anything. I’m a very shy person; it’s hard for me to say things right away. I know I was very emotional when I saw him. I ran up to him and gave him a huge “thank you” hug for what he did for me. It meant a lot to me to be able to give him a hug. I think it helped me to overcome my shyness. I had him sign my diploma. I could tell he was happy when he saw my diploma. He told me he was very proud of me. He also said some things about how I never gave up on obtaining my GED. I told him I was in college and doing well. He thought that was great news. I was so happy; I started to cry happy tears of joy when I left. I heard him say, “Bless her heart.” when I left the room. I was so happy that my friend Andrea Taylor was there to give me a hug when I walked back into the lobby. I think everyone knew I was so happy. I had achieved my dream.

I wasn’t expecting too much from the Q&A part of the event. He answered my question about what do you do with letters/cards/gifts he receives from fans. He congratulated me for receiving my GED during this part of the Q&A. I wasn’t expecting him to do this at all. It was a great surprise. I thought he probably wouldn’t remember me, but he did. That meant the world to me.

June 14th, 2009, was one of the best days in my life so far. It was more than I thought it would be. If it weren’t for the MCIFA, my dream wouldn’t have come true. I owe MCIFA; the CoCos made this come true for me. I thank them so very much for supporting and praying for me. It means so much to me. I can’t express how much it means to me. Most of all, I want to thank a very special person that changed my life, Michael. Thank you so much for helping me and making my dream even better than I ever thought it would be. Thank you so much!! MCIFA makes dreams come true. Thank you, my MCIFA Sisters and Michael!
TMGPhan
TMGPhan

http://mc-phans.proboards.com

Back to top Go down