Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fondest Greetings - Introduce Yourself Here!

+32
AlexielTheMaskedLion
keepcalmandbrewtea
tangofiction
FdelOpera
angelofmusic4evr
Leffie
StrangerThanUDreamt
PhantomOfTheSalle
Sapphire
NightRachel
LadyCDaae
AmelieMontmartre
tromp-la-mort
Madame Giry
exopotamie
Jonathan Harker
Cape Twirl of Doom
PhantomsGhost
Blaidd_Drwg
ChristineDaae1982
PhantomAngel777
Phanty
Brible
operafantomet
kat097
phantomphan1992
Becky
Paula74
phantom10906
aussiephan
SenorSwanky
IamErik771
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fondest Greetings - Introduce Yourself Here! Empty Fondest Greetings - Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  Raphael Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:30 am

Seeing as how we have a lot of newcomers to this forum, I figured a "welcome/introduce yourself" thread might be in order. So have at it, people!

R.

Last edited by Raphael on Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Fondest Greetings - Introduce Yourself Here! Empty Re: Fondest Greetings - Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  IamErik771 Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 am

Um, hi! Smile I have a feeling that many of you somehow know me, but for those who don't, I'm James... I live in Hawaii, and I've been a Phan since spring of '04. jocolor
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Fondest Greetings - Introduce Yourself Here! Empty Re: Fondest Greetings - Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:41 am

I think everyone knows me too. I've been around PFN/POL since early fall '04, with the same username (not so briefly changed by a mod at one point to SenorsWanky, however, for my former reputation as PFN/POL's Chief Female Flatterer Wink ), but I was on the old TMCPMC board and have been a phan since the ripe old age of 5 (1990).
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiephan Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:40 am

OK.....been around for 11 years but have fallen off the radar several times with board crashes (not being able to register on new boards when I find them:( ),an obsession with local Phantom production for last two years and life in general with being more a lurker then poster. Have always been called Aussiephan or Bonnie, was around in the begining with TMCPMC and PFN. Suppose I would be most known as the phan that successfully bidded on the autographed movie script for charity that was put up for auction before the movie came out and starting some vigourous debates about that on PFN (swan bed and lace curtain anyone?) and more recently as the phan that travelled the furthest for Phantom fans week. Have proudly been a phan for 22 years, and was obsessed with the cast recording and book for 3 years before I first saw the show when it came to Oz in 1990.

Bonnie
aussiephan
aussiephan

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom10906 Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:03 am

Hi my names Andy, most of you know who I am. I even had the great pleasure of spending fans week with a few of you. I used to be apart of the last several boards we have had. Been as fan since '91 at the age of four. Very Happy
phantom10906
phantom10906

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=608426503#/profile.php?id

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula74 Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Great idea for this thread - I was thinking we needed some place for the new people to introduce themselves - or people with new usernames to reintroduce themselves.

Anyhow, I'm a regular since joining the old PFN in late 2004 and a "phan" since I first heard the OLCR in 1988.
Paula74
Paula74

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:23 pm

I've also been around for a while (2005, I think?), mostly at POL. I've been a fan since age 4-ish when my babysitter saw the Toronto production and brought home a copy of the OLC. Me and the other kids became fascinated with the story and with Michael Crawford's voice, and finally for my tenth birthday I was able to see the national tour with Rick Hilsabeck and Sandra Joseph.

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi, I'm Molly, and I'm not an alcoholic (good thing, too, since I'm underage). I've been around since, well, I don't remember exactly, but it was after I met David Gaschen and he told me about POL ( Laughing ). I've been a fan since I was in the seventh grade (so I guess 2005)- not nearly as long as most of you, but I didn't grow up with parents who were "phans"- when my best friend introduced me to the movie (I forgive her, though Razz ), and I saw the stage show in 2006.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  kat097 Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 am

*waves* Hi, I'm Katie. I think I know a lot of the people here from POL - which I sort of stopped visiting for a couple of months then i went back and it was gone! So I'm very glad to find some survivors.

I haven't stopped going 'awwww' at poor little Erik on his desert island up there. TOO adorable.
kat097
kat097

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kat097

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Good initiative there, Raphael!

I'm me. Mwhahaha. Ahem... I'm operafantomet slash Anéa, and I've been around for a couple of years too. Mostly as "operafantomet". I am crazy about the design for "Phantom of the Opera", and I see the show whenever I can. If it plays in Copenhagen, it means a zillion times in a few months... Normally, though, we're talking once or twice a year. And I always long for more...

Any other Phantoholics here? Wink
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Brible Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:36 am

Hey everyone! I'm Bri and I've been a phan since 2005 when I bought the OLC and heard All I Ask of You for the first time (Steve Barton's voice was like candy for my ears). I had an account way back when on PFN and then one which I hardly used on POL. Over the past week I've had the urge to join the Phantom community once again so here I am Very Happy
Brible
Brible

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:37 am

Welcome back. Very Happy
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Phanty Thu May 13, 2010 2:49 am

Hey everybody!

Finding this board is a great surprise for me! I'm Phanty and have been around since 2004 and usually lurked around the PFN and POL boards. Then, POL disappeared altogether and I have been trying to find what happened to it. I'm very glad to have finally found out!
Phanty
Phanty

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 am

Phanty wrote:Hey everybody!

Finding this board is a great surprise for me! I'm Phanty and have been around since 2004 and usually lurked around the PFN and POL boards. Then, POL disappeared altogether and I have been trying to find what happened to it. I'm very glad to have finally found out!
Glad you were able to dig us up! Very Happy
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomAngel777 Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I couldn't believe it when I accidently fell upon this site. Especially that no one ever mentioned it to me. heh

I started out on PhantomFans.net in '04. Spurred by the film, but eventually I fell out of love with it and now my Phantom love and "Erik" consists of large bits of Leroux, some ALW musical, and a dash of Englund.

It's nice to see some familiar names. Smile
PhantomAngel777
PhantomAngel777

https://www.facebook.com/GinaDeGalla

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:03 am

Welcome! Glad you found us, despite no-one telling you about the site. The banner alone is worth the visit, eh? Wink
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomAngel777 Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:54 pm

operafantomet wrote:Welcome! Glad you found us, despite no-one telling you about the site. The banner alone is worth the visit, eh? Wink

Yes, I lol'd when I saw the banner and thought, "Where the hell have I been that I missed this."

BTW, what's the story behind your signature? Did she actually say that to him during the show?
PhantomAngel777
PhantomAngel777

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:06 pm

PhantomAngel777 wrote:BTW, what's the story behind your signature? Did she actually say that to him during the show?
Haha, no, although that would be priceless! Laughing It's from an interview Josefine and I did with Preben Kristensen, one of the Danish Phantoms. You can see the interview in part two of the mockumentary we made, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnHM-8I-gUE
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomAngel777 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 pm

operafantomet wrote:
PhantomAngel777 wrote:BTW, what's the story behind your signature? Did she actually say that to him during the show?
Haha, no, although that would be priceless! Laughing It's from an interview Josefine and I did with Preben Kristensen, one of the Danish Phantoms. You can see the interview in part two of the mockumentary we made, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnHM-8I-gUE

Oh... I knew it was too good to be true. lol

Yes, the would definitely be priceless.
PhantomAngel777
PhantomAngel777

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 pm

PhantomAngel777 wrote:Oh... I knew it was too good to be true. lol

Yes, the would definitely be priceless.
Someone had the cast change their lines on stage for Josefine, though. She saw her 100th POTO performance in Copenhagen, and each time after that they included the number of performances in their lines. For example "103 sold out performances" in "Il Muto". It was fantastic! Laughing
operafantomet
operafantomet

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristineDaae1982 Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 am

Good day to you all --

My real name is Kat Taylor, I am 28 years of age & I have been a "Phan" ever since Crawford/ Brightman days back when I was intorduced to the digital tape version ((GOD! Am I EVER dating myself when I say that!)) through my mother's close friend of POTO. & although I have been posted here and there as "ChristineDaae1982," I an still quite new to your form boards!

Well, 2 decades later & POTO still is my "saving grace/ salvation of a musical" when it comes to me falling upon "rather hard times." ((Don't ask... let me just say that I have a developmental disability of High-Funcioning Autism Spectrum Disorder... so please, I absolutely implore you all to not pass judgement on me)).

I personally feel that POTO has gottem me through some of those "fairly rough patches" within my life, withstanding, due to the fact that I needed/ felt that Erik ((as that sort of "muse" to Christine within a sense)) was also there for me, in Crawford-form easing those agonizing pains for me, when I was going through high school/ adolescent years, primarily. ((Rather long & lenthy story as to what I've been through within my adolescents, generally speaking)).

I was introduced to this site via another "Phantom Phan" ((insert your name here, if you so read this... you know who you are!)) that I met at intermission whilst I saw it touring in LA, receintly. I am happy to be apart of a site that is ((hopefully)) non-judgemental & understands that even within the autistic population ((especially the high-functioning crowd)) "Phantom" is rather big within the autisitc community, due to the fact that "Phantom" deals with that person ((or muse... you take your pick)) wtih a difference both internally ((mentally speaking)) and externally ((physically speaking)).

That's my introduction, my 2 cents worth & I hope that you all understand where I am coming from when I say this and the following: never underestimate the fact that we are ALL different/ have that difference within 1 form or another... there is absolutely no such thing as "normal..." in fact, in all honesty speaking... the phrase "normal" truly should be excomminicated out of the dictionary! Just look at what POTO has taught us about both physical and mental differences!
ChristineDaae1982
ChristineDaae1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:34 am

Welcome to DPN, Kat. I hope you enjoy it here - it's a good group of folks.

Anéa - can we make this a sticky post so we don't miss new members as they join?

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Oh boy! I didn't realize there was a place to introduce yourself on this forum. I've been posting away like there's no tomorrow. Okay, let me try this again. Smile

My name's Brianna (much prefer Bri though) and I've been a "phan" for oh, upwards of about seven years now. I was on Phantomfans.net and Phansonline, but I went through a phase where I no longer wanted to do the whole forum thing...so I didn't. I now realize how much I missed such an atmosphere and here I am once more! Smile

Let's see...I just turned twenty-one in August and I'm an English major, but by the time I get my bachelor's degree I'll probably be pushing thirty-five (or so I feel). I'm doing a backpacking through Europe adventure with my boyfriend from March-May of 2012 which I'm BEYOND excited about. It's something I've wanted to do for years now. I probably should continue with my education, but I know that this is going to make me beyond happy. I've kind of adopted this new philosophy of doing things that will increase my happiness. What a crazy thing, huh?

I've seen Phantom a mere twelve times and only on Broadway (can't wait to see it in London though, and kind of upset that JOJ will be leaving soon before I arrive there). I remember being fifteen and thinking that when I grew up, I'd be able to see it whenever I wanted and wouldn't have to depend on anyone. Obviously that's wrong because getting into the City and seeing a show costs money which is something I lack. Le sigh.

And that's about it... My username is Welsh for Bad Wolf. If any of you watch Doctor Who, it's a blatant reference to the first season of the new series (I'm also a huge "Whovian"). I look forward to reacquainting myself with the ins and outs of what is a Phantom community. Very Happy

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomsGhost Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:27 pm

Hey Welcome!

Backpacking through Europe! Awesome. What an adventure. Best to do this when you're young. You'll always be able to go back to school later on. This though, a once-in-a-lifetime adventure Smile

Doctor Who is great. Not too thrilled about this past season, but Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were awesome. Really awesome. Beyond awesome. I could go onandonandon.... Also Billie Piper. She had such chemistry with both Doctors. I introduced my husband to Dr. Who through Tennant's Doctor and he loved it, especially the relationship his Doctor had with Rose.

He's not in to Matt Smith's Doctor at all (Me neither, actually). He doesn't like what he's seen story-wise. This Doctor doesn't connect really well to the audience, and it feels very childish. I find I'm just not as excited about seeing new episodes as I once was.
PhantomsGhost
PhantomsGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:03 am

PhantomsGhost wrote:Hey Welcome!

Backpacking through Europe! Awesome. What an adventure. Best to do this when you're young. You'll always be able to go back to school later on. This though, a once-in-a-lifetime adventure Smile

Doctor Who is great. Not too thrilled about this past season, but Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were awesome. Really awesome. Beyond awesome. I could go onandonandon.... Also Billie Piper. She had such chemistry with both Doctors. I introduced my husband to Dr. Who through Tennant's Doctor and he loved it, especially the relationship his Doctor had with Rose.

He's not in to Matt Smith's Doctor at all (Me neither, actually). He doesn't like what he's seen story-wise. This Doctor doesn't connect really well to the audience, and it feels very childish. I find I'm just not as excited about seeing new episodes as I once was.

Yeah, the past season left something to be desired, but on a whole I really do like Matt Smith as the Doctor. I think he makes a pretty good Doctor. He has moments where you can still see the 900 year old him popping out. Different Doctor, different personality kind of a thing.

Doctor Who and Phantom. It doesn't get any better than those two for me. Smile

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:47 am

Welcome, Blaidd_Drwg, glad you found us here. I'm hoping lots of former POL members make their way here eventually Smile

We have another Bri here (Brianne Kelly Morgan, "Meg Giry" of the Phantom Las Vegas production), so I hope you don't mind if some of us call you by your username to avoid confusion!

TAFKaR
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:55 am

Raphael wrote:Welcome, Blaidd_Drwg, glad you found us here. I'm hoping lots of former POL members make their way here eventually Smile

We have another Bri here (Brianne Kelly Morgan, "Meg Giry" of the Phantom Las Vegas production), so I hope you don't mind if some of us call you by your username to avoid confusion!

TAFKaR

Why thank you! I also remember you and your lovely artwork! Smile Yes, it feels really nice to be back in a community like this. I can't believe I waited so long to return!

Yep, I picked up on that and that's totally fine by me! Or you guys could just call me Brianna which is my full name, although I don't know if that's just as confusing. It's up to you guys. Smile

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:11 am

Whoa. That's so weird! I used to use the screenname "Blaidd Drwg" at another Phantom forum! (www.phantomoftheopera.com) I saw your name in the Who's Online list and was like, "What's going on! Where am I?! Did I change my name here too!? Shocked "

Laughing

(As you can see from my sig, I'm a big Who fan as well.)
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:53 am

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:Whoa. That's so weird! I used to use the screenname "Blaidd Drwg" at another Phantom forum! I saw your name in the Who's Online list and was like, "What's going on! Where am I?! Did I change my name here too!? Shocked "

Laughing

(As you can see from my sig, I'm a big Who fan as well.)

Bahahaha! Too funny. Clearly we both have excellent taste. I'm sure it would be so much easier on other people here to use "Bad Wolf" instead, but let's face it, "Blaidd Drwg" is so much cooler! Very Happy

Indeed! You're an Eleven fan? I think he's absolutely brilliant. I'm partial to Tennant myself, but they all have a special place in my heart. Smile

(Had to remove the link in your quote. Apparently new members are not allowed to link things in their posts.)

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:31 am

Blaidd_Drwg wrote:
Bahahaha! Too funny. Clearly we both have excellent taste. I'm sure it would be so much easier on other people here to use "Bad Wolf" instead, but let's face it, "Blaidd Drwg" is so much cooler! Very Happy

Indeed! You're an Eleven fan? I think he's absolutely brilliant. I'm partial to Tennant myself, but they all have a special place in my heart. Smile

The Welsh language is so cool. I took a week long tour around Wales last year so I learned a few phrases and how to pronounce the language. (And visited the Doctor Who Exhibition in Cardiff while I was there!)

I like Eleven, but Tennant is my Doctor. I think he was just perfect in the role. And I loved how he was such a super fan of the show as well, he always seemed so giddy just talking about it on the chat shows. I just saw that quote somewhere and thought it was funny, it's a play on the Spinal Tap line.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum