Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal's "Dark Universe"

3 posters

Go down

Universal's "Dark Universe" Empty Universal's "Dark Universe"

Post  IamErik771 Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:39 am

Hey, all! The forum's been pretty dead, I notice; but there's been some Phantom movie news recently. Maybe.

So the new Mummy remake with Tom Cruise is apparently the start of an expanded universe, because everyone's doing them nowadays. In this case, Universal Studios is putting together a "Dark Universe" with new takes on their classic monsters. Why? Who knows? But according to this article, one of the "monsters" being added to their list of proposed movies is our dear Phantom.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm not all that enthused about this. But hey, the new Mummy is getting terrible reviews; so their Dark Universe may end before they get to the stage of trying to compete with the likes of Argento and Schumacher for the title of "director best able to ruin this story on film." tongue
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Universal's "Dark Universe" Empty Re: Universal's "Dark Universe"

Post  MarySkater Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:27 am

I'd be very suspicious of any movie that classes the Phantom as a "monster." The real point of the story is that he appears to be one, but in the last analysis he is not. This might make a good plot twist for the film... if there's anyone out there who doesn't already know it. confused

My idea of a basic monster movie is, "monster threatens the world/ the human race/ the heroine, monster is eventually defeated by the hero." Phantom doesn't fit that pattern, so if the pattern is what viewers want, they'll be disappointed. Since I'm not a monster fan, but am a Phantom fan, putting the tag "monster" on a Phantom movie would probably put me off watching it in the first place. So what audience are they aiming at?
MarySkater
MarySkater

Back to top Go down

Post  NightRachel Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:12 pm

MarySkater wrote:I'd be very suspicious of any movie that classes the Phantom as a "monster." The real point of the story is that he appears to be one, but in the last analysis he is not. This might make a good plot twist for the film... if there's anyone out there who doesn't already know it.  confused

My idea of a basic monster movie is, "monster threatens the world/ the human race/ the heroine, monster is eventually defeated by the hero." Phantom doesn't fit that pattern, so if the pattern is what viewers want, they'll be disappointed. Since I'm not a monster fan, but am a Phantom fan, putting the tag "monster" on a Phantom movie would probably put me off watching it in the first place.  So what audience are they aiming at?

^This. Smile
NightRachel
NightRachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down