Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Peter Karrie

+12
ML6
AlwaysChristine
Raphael
Freyalise
Maya
Devin
SenorSwanky
PeterKarrie
ladygodiva
operafantomet
ravnquest1
MasqPhan
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ask Peter Karrie Empty Ask Peter Karrie

Post  MasqPhan Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 pm

He have another member of the Phantom family to welcome to Deserted Phans. Peter Karrie, former Phantom from the London, Toronto, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Singapore & UK Millennium Tour productions has agreed to take questions that members may have for him.

Along with Phantom he has also appeared in such roles as: Jean Valjean in Les Miserables, Judas in JCSS, "The American" in Chess, Ché in Evita, & Fagan in Oliver.

He is currently working on a new album and two self-penned projects. Starting in September are some concert & workshop dates in Canada and the US(other venues are in the works).
His schedule is on the busy side but he would love to take as many questions as he can. We'll get replies posted here as soon as we can. You just might have to be a little patient.

So if you have something you'd like to ask Peter, feel free to post them. in this thread. Question

The usual disclaimer applies:
For obvious reasons not all questions can be answered: secrets of POTO, personal life of co-players, ALW/RUG related stuff etc. Although you are free to ask, you might not get a reply. Just so that is stated in advance.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ask Peter Karrie Empty Re: Ask Peter Karrie

Post  ravnquest1 Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

I guess I'd like to know if Mr. Karrie would return to Phantom in the West End, and if he's been asked to do so at any point recently. I think a lot of fans would like to see him come back one more time.

ravnquest1

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Thank you for forcing him to interact with us getting him to do this! I'll have lots of questions later on, and I'm looking forward to hearing such a Phantom legend give us a glimpse of how he has experienced the (Phantom) journey. In the mean time... YAY!
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:25 pm

First of all thank you to Mr. Karrie for talking to us, and to the person who made this happen, well done,.

I don't have many questions yet, but one I noticed on Peter Karrie website that he had a talk show Peter Karrie Unmasked, who was his favorite guest, was there anyone that he wanted but could not get on the show.

I was wondering if Peter Karrie could clear up some of the which Christine is that in the pictures. he would know most of them,

thanks again, and also it was wonderful to see him in the duets with the fan, if was great.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Just two posts so far but I'll get them off to him. I'll also pass along your welcomes. I have setup an account on DP for him and will post his replies through there so they aren't jumbled in with anything I've written.

As to the part about the duet with a fan... Seriously it was a dream come true to sing with my fav Phantom. For any of you who do sing (you don't have to be a professional) it's possible to have a shot at being in his shows.

I'm in the works of making a list of soloists/choirs to have on hand ahead of time so when booking venues I might already have folks in mind for these shows. So if you would like to be on that list, send a message.

British Columbia(ie Kelowna/Kamloops/Penticton area) & Ontario(Toronto & Lindsay vicinity) are the next stops. Likely some US venues coming as well. Sorry can't give dates right now.

One of the goals of these concerts is to include amateur performers who are working towards having a professional career in music. The other idea is to have those who have no plans on being in "the business" but who indeed have hidden musical talents and that secret desire to live their dream on stage just that once. His words are: "We all have dreams but so often we do not get to fulfill them. So it's important not just for that person on stage but also all those watching in the the audience to see that dreams sometimes do come true."
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:23 pm

He is such a class act! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterKarrie Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Thank you for the welcome to this site! I am always happy to answer questions from Phantom fans. However the questions don't necessarily have to be about the show in particular.

First reply is to Ravnquest1:

Two questions in one.. So I'll answer them all together..
The first part of that question takes but a blink of an eye to answer.. Yes! I would ferociously leap at the opportunity to perform 'Erik' one more time!
There was a mention of a 3 month return a while back. That was when Lord Andrew was going take POTO and do a Euro tour with a revamped, refreshed production of it.
Then there was the fast approaching 25th year celebration at The Royal Albert Hall... They called and asked me would I be interested in being a part of the performance(guest). To which I immediately said 'Yes! Indeed I would'. I have recently been told that a final line up has not been completed for the concerts...

*Regrettably, I will not be one of the guests at the anniversary concert.

Last edited by PeterKarrie on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
PeterKarrie
PeterKarrie

http://www.peterkarrie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:27 pm

That's great to know. I'd love to see you in the role. If it were in Europe, I'd have to plan my first visit across the pond for that time.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:34 am

Is it really your b'day? Happy birthday! It's also my grandma's, but you're still 8 years her junior, so I hope you're feeling spry.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 am

Mr. Karrie, I just wanted to relay how much I enjoyed your performance as the Phantom. I had the pleasure of seeing you perform several times in Toronto and even made the trip to see the tour in Bradford because I enjoyed your performance so much. And I live in Las Vegas!
We would gladly welcome you to town to put your stamp on the production here!
Best regards to you and I hope to have the opportunity to see you perform again sometime.

Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:02 am

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, Mr. Karrie. That's extremely generous of you.

I just have one question for you: do you have one role that you haven't played to date, but would love to? Your dream role, so to speak Very Happy Thank you again for your time!
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Sorry Peter hasn't had the chance to get to any more questions in the last week. Things are pretty busy in the office.

He is going to be a guest on the radio show All Things Phantom on September 10th. So there is a venue for you if you'd like to hear him personally answer your questions on-air.
You can submit questions via their website or PM me and I'll send them.

All Things Phantom website
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freyalise Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:45 am

I've got a bit of a silly question--

Isn't Peter the Phantom that Ramin Karimloo shadowed for a day when he was about sixteen? I remember someone scanning in a newspaper article about it. If so, does Peter remember that? I just think it's neat that Ramin did that and is a Phantom in his own right now!

Freyalise

http://www.stars-fell.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterKarrie Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 am

Freyalise wrote:I've got a bit of a silly question--

Isn't Peter the Phantom that Ramin Karimloo shadowed for a day when he was about sixteen? I remember someone scanning in a newspaper article about it. If so, does Peter remember that? I just think it's neat that Ramin did that and is a Phantom in his own right now!

Apologies for the slow replies to these questions. I currently am in British Columbia getting ready for four shows, the first of which is tomorrow.

Indeed I do remember meeting Ramin on that day and I have visited him different times since he's been in London as that masked man. He is a very talented young man who will go far. It means a lot to me to have inspired someone to reach out and achieve their dream.

I am always for encouraging youths in the theatre. They are the stars of tomorrow but they need to be on stage today. In fact, in putting this current tour together my assistant was contacted by a fantastic teacher whose students will be presenting Phantom of the Opera next year and asked if I would might speak to her students which I readily agreed to but I also am including them in the concert. These kids are so dedicated to what they are doing that it's quite brilliant. Their ensemble will perform "Masquerade" with me joining in as Red Death. 'Christine' and I will do some duets from the show and she will solo on "Think of Me". Really great stuff.

At another venue we tried something fun and put a "Phantom looking for Christine" article in the local media. The result is a lovely story of a young lady, Kaitlin Lane, contacting us whose mum took her to see Phantom at age 7. She had never seen a musical before and was blown away by the spectacle on stage that is this great piece of theatre. This little girl decided then and there that she wanted to someday be on that stage. She followed through and has recently graduated from performing arts college where her teacher by chance was a former Christine I've worked with, Glenda Balkan. With that story of this young lady and hearing her voice samples, I had definitely found 'Christine'. So after seeing me as the Phantom all those many years ago in Vancouver(gosh that makes me feel...dare I say..old?) Kaitlin will join me on stage in concert as Christine.

You never know who could be in the audience of a show. Could be a future Phantom, Christine, Val Jean, Cosette....etc etc...

PeterKarrie
PeterKarrie

http://www.peterkarrie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 am

Thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions, Mr. Karrie!

Just a reminder to everyone that Mr. Karrie's interview on All Things Phantom will air tomorrow, 10 September at 12pm Pacific Standard Time. Participation in the ATP chat room requires free registration on the site, but is not required to call in and ask your question live on the air!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/all_things_phantom

R.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlwaysChristine Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:12 pm

I hear it at the moment, sounds interesting, he was once in Vienna. WOW!
AlwaysChristine
AlwaysChristine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:46 am

Hello, Mr Karrie!

I have a question about Nosferatu. I've got the cast album, and I've enjoyed listening to it over the years. When did the show initially run? Are there any pics from that show, or was it more of a concept album? Thank you for your time, sir! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:39 am

This is not so much asking Peter himself, but Rebecca and MasqPhan, how did the concert go tonight? I hope someone took video.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi Swanky,

Sorry I didn't see you post until now. Things were a bit on the busy side with the tour but I'm back now.

The show with Rebecca in it went well. They both sounded great and the audience was appreciative. Had some area youths join us as well and then did really well with their songs.

At the end of the show since it was a really nice intimate sized venue we tried something different for the fun of it. The end songs was One Day More(it was suppose to be Do You Hear the People sing but the tech got the tracks mixed up) and those in the audience who were familiar with the song were invited up to join the rest of us onstage. We had I think 10 decide to come up and sing with us and it was a lot of fun to see these folks get to enjoy their time onstage. Really nice way to end the show and say thanks to the audience for coming.

As for Rebecca & Peter - Here is a sample from Wandering Child
Click here

MOTN from a few nights later. It was a concert Peter did after teaching workshop for three days at a collegiate school.
click here
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Sounds awesome. Rebecca, you have a great voice.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm

MasqPhan wrote:As for Rebecca & Peter - Here is a sample from Wandering Child
Click here
Where in the WORLD have you been hiding??!? What a Face
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:42 pm

operafantomet wrote:
Click here

I know! You should have heard her Think of Me cadenza!
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:47 am

MasqPhan wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
Click here

Will someone show us her Think of Me cadenza? I must see this beautifulness.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 am

ML6 wrote:
MasqPhan wrote:
operafantomet wrote:
Click here
Will someone show us her Think of Me cadenza? I must see this beautifulness.
I second that request!
I think I got a little teary watching that video, it was fabulous!

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:27 am

Sorry guys I don't have any other video from that show. There is pro-shot footage but PK hasn't had a chance to review it yet. He's busy in the recording studio for the next while.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:42 pm

MasqPhan wrote:Sorry guys I don't have any other video from that show. There is pro-shot footage but PK hasn't had a chance to review it yet. He's busy in the recording studio for the next while.

PK should soon! I would love to see Rebecca and he sing the title song together!
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Hey folks!

Wow, I haven't been on here in a looooong time! It isn't anything personal, it's just that most of you guys are on my FB, so I just follow what you're up to there ;-) But, now that I've been catching up just a little bit, it makes me think I ought to pop in more often...

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the kind comments about the concert. It was a wonderful, *wonderful* experience! I had a fantastic time! :-) And I hope we'll be able to post the rest of the POTO segment sometime soon. It is posted to YouTube, but it's private at the moment. If you know Chris and Krista Andrese they would need to add you to the video, and then you could watch it...

Also,hello MasqPhan!!! ::waves::

:-)
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  tromp-la-mort Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:01 am

I hope it is still not too late to ask Smile

Mr Karrie, I have just heard your version of "Till I Hear You Sing" on your site and am now extremely impatient to hear the whole album.
Could you please share your opinions on "Love Never Dies" in general? Did you like it, do you find it a logical development of the story the way you yourself played it, have you seen the London and/or the Australian production, and would you like to play the Phantom in either of them, etc, etc, etc?
Thank you very much.
tromp-la-mort
tromp-la-mort

http://nadaalopov.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Even if Peter wanted to, he'd never be cast in LND because, as we know, the Phantom de-ages 10 to 20 years despite time moving forward apparently a decade. Wink
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  MasqPhan Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 pm

I'm not Peter but will be working with him throughout next week. He's just about to head to Canada for a concert so I don't think he'll be here posting shortly. However next week I will try to get an answer and have him post a reply. I think our only not busy day is next Friday so you may have to wait until then.

lol Swanky. He's going to totally laugh at that comment.
MasqPhan
MasqPhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next