Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If we could pick a designer to design a wardrobe

3 posters

Go down

If we could pick a designer  to design a wardrobe  Empty If we could pick a designer to design a wardrobe

Post  ladygodiva Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:46 pm

If we could pick a designer

My fantasy wardrobe would be done by

1. Maria Bjournson

2. Bob Mackie

3. Adrian

4. Walter Plunkett

5. Cecil Beaton

6. John Napier

7. Nolan Miller

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

If we could pick a designer  to design a wardrobe  Empty Re: If we could pick a designer to design a wardrobe

Post  ChristineDaae1982 Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:00 pm

HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria Bjournson

I am a period piece person & forever will be!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I have either always invisioned myself having myself having that Renaissance wedding... or preferably a POTO based wedding!!!!!!!! (My knight in shining armor has to absolutely not be apposed to this... having a POTO wedding... still haven't found him as of yet -- I'm 28 I'll have you know, and still looking -- still single at 28, also... sad and sucks for me... I get out enough here in year-round, hardly ever rains, sunny So-Cal... so you'd think I would have found someone by now). Then get my wedding vows renewed in the Roamn Catholic Church. (Sorry for me saying this. However, for those whom are either athiest and/or agnostic on the boards... [or for those of you who are not] my faith means absolutely everything to me)!

This is where I stand & if Maria Bjournson was still alive today... she would MOST CERTAINLY BE desigining my wedding gown! Very Happy
ChristineDaae1982
ChristineDaae1982

Back to top Go down

If we could pick a designer  to design a wardrobe  Empty Re: If we could pick a designer to design a wardrobe

Post  ladygodiva Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:20 pm

ChristineDaae1982 wrote:HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria Bjournson

I am a period piece person & forever will be!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I have either always invisioned myself having myself having that Renaissance wedding... or preferably a POTO based wedding!!!!!!!! (My knight in shining armor has to absolutely not be apposed to this... having a POTO wedding... still haven't found him as of yet -- I'm 28 I'll have you know, and still looking -- still single at 28, also... sad and sucks for me... I get out enough here in year-round, hardly ever rains, sunny So-Cal... so you'd think I would have found someone by now). Then get my wedding vows renewed in the Roamn Catholic Church. (Sorry for me saying this. However, for those whom are either athiest and/or agnostic on the boards... [or for those of you who are not] my faith means absolutely everything to me)!

This is where I stand & if Maria Bjournson was still alive today... she would MOST CERTAINLY BE desigining my wedding gown! Very Happy

Good for you, my friend Trista had a Renaissance wedding about three years ago, she spared no expense on the wedding gown, she had a sketch of it and this was the dream wedding of her life, the groom was absolutely glad for it, in fact he was not ever going to be a tuxedo guy, the whole wedding was fantastic, and basically your groom will and should say that his job is to simply show up for the rehearsal and the wedding..and if you are lucky your future in-laws may pitch in, (I hope so)

and good for you and your faith, I am a Babtist, (Although many times I have considered conversion to the Catholic faith.) I think that is important to have faith in something, I am a firm believer that even those that say that they do not believe, do deep down in their heart believe. I think it is important,

Yes I would love to have Maria Bjournson design me a wedding gown ala Christine Daae, or anything for that fact, me I was engaged a long time ago my ex fiance Paul, I know he loved me but he really did not want to make a commitment,

so yes yes yes, I say plan and hopefully carry out your dream wedding.and send us pictures please, I would love to see it, If I could I would scann my friends wedding it was amazing.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  RoseOfTransylvania Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Eiko Ishioka, Alexandra Byrne, Maria Bjornson... people like that. Oh, I forgot Walter Plunkett!
About faith: Well, I´m atheist, I would LOOVE to meet my sweet late mother again, but I don´t believe it ever happens! Crying or Very sad
RoseOfTransylvania
RoseOfTransylvania

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:44 pm

RoseOfTransylvania wrote:Eiko Ishioka, Alexandra Byrne, Maria Bjornson... people like that. Oh, I forgot Walter Plunkett!
About faith: Well, I´m atheist, I would LOOVE to meet my sweet late mother again, but I don´t believe it ever happens! Crying or Very sad

Eiko Ishioka, oh my word I forgot about the famous lizard like bridal gown, and the fantastic wardrobe for the 1992 Dracula, with Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldman, fantastic costumes, sets, love it, I would have if I could a suit of armour like the one for Gary Oldman for my next boyfriend, amazing.

and I firmly believe that all will see their loved ones after they leave this plane of existance called life on the planted earth.

I lost my father when I was 5 years old and I do believe that I will see him again, and I sometimes feel his presence, but that is fine if someone believes or not believes, or isn't for sure, and everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs and faiths

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  RoseOfTransylvania Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:42 am

Thank you! Oh yes, I love 1992 Dracula´s sets, costumes, photography, fantastic! Very Happy
RoseOfTransylvania
RoseOfTransylvania

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Honorable mention, Bob Ringwood, for his Excalibur the 1982 movie, designs, with Guiniveres wonderful sparkle wedding gown, (the mantle was historical, but the glitz not, but still, a wonderful wedding gown, and beautiful costumes, and armour,

Honorable mention, John Truscott , designer for Camelot the 1967 Movie, wonderful costumes, more earthy, and more historically correct, Guiniveres wedding gown had shells and pumpkin seeds sown in it. loved his designs

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down