Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Sandra Joseph

+27
Freyalise
Christine's Shadow
Loettchen
Cape Twirl of Doom
PhantomofPhoenix
meglett
Callie Daae
Rebecca
auctioneer
LisaL
littlelotty004
MajesticPhantom
Phantom on a Budget
Mme Reyer
IamErik771
sk8phan
Phantomlove
starryeyed
Raphael
Paula74
vmkwinner
LadyCDaae
ladygodiva
SenorSwanky
ML6
SandraJoseph
operafantomet
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ask Sandra Joseph - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask Sandra Joseph

Post  Phantom on a Budget Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:06 am

You're welcome! A friend and I were so happy to have the opportunity to meet you after such a wonderful performance. You stuck around to chat for a few moments and it really helped make our evening. So a big thank you again for being so good to your fans. Smile
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 am

Can I say, Sandra, though I have never seen your Christine (a fellow MI person, lol), for you to take your time and come in a talk with us and have us ask you questions... and you being all nice and answering them, LOVE IT. You are so awesome lady!

ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticPhantom Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:34 am

Sandra, this might be a rather odd question...

When PHANTOM's 2nd National Tour came to Providence, RI, in 1998, I was 8-years-old. I had already seen the 3NT during its stop in Providence at the ripe young age of 5. But this particular engagement is really what inspired me to become an actor, and now I am 20, and studying with a BFA program... To be frank, your husband, Ron's, performance was the most visceral thing I had ever seen up to that point (besides the amazingly physical production itself), and I really do believe it was his performance that day that got the ball rolling for me.

But to my question... I attended the Thursday, March 12, 1998, matinee (I still have the ticket stub!), where Ron received the key to the city during the curtain call from Buddy Cianci. There was an understudy slip saying that Susan Owen was on for Christine that day, then over the years other lovely Phantom actors have told me it was Marie Danvers that day, others have told me it was you... Is there any way that you could clear this up for me? Many thanks! I'd just like to know, for sure, which wonderful actress appeared that afternoon! And, while in general my memory of events is very strong, the uncertainty that has occurred these past years has made my specific image of the Christine rather foggy.

And thank you so much for your generous spirit, Sandra. Truly inspiring to me as an acting student to see someone being generous not only through their stage talent, but through their interaction with the audience-at-large, and communicating that our practice of presence and listening is a spiritual one.
MajesticPhantom
MajesticPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:49 am

SandraJoseph wrote:I didn't get to all of them but here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwLcN94UUq4

I'll answer the others asap, I promise!
That was awesome. Please do more videos if you have the time. Such an entertaining education into the show, the culture of touring vs. Broadway, and your thought process behind playing Christine.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  littlelotty004 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:58 am

hi Sandra!
*jumps up and down happily cheers *

my question is about wigs.
what was your preferred method of hair wrapping?
and how long did your wigs last?
littlelotty004
littlelotty004

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaL Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:14 pm

SandraJoseph wrote:I didn't get to all of them but here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwLcN94UUq4

I'll answer the others asap, I promise!

I have no questions at the moment for you Sandra but just want to say a HUGE big thank you from all the way over here in Dublin Ireland.

Last edited by LisaL on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
LisaL
LisaL

Back to top Go down

Post  starryeyed Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Sandra, thank you so much for answering my question and taking the time to post here and answer everyone elses questions too, we really do appreciate it Smile

starryeyed

Back to top Go down

Post  auctioneer Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Sandra, it is so kind of you to take the time to answer these questions. It has also been great to see what you're doing these days via your website. Count me among those who have seen you perform as Christine and who enjoyed the performance immensely. Congratulations again on a wonderful career so far.

I'm also curious about stage actors' routines. I'm particularly curious about your average day. For instance, was physical exercise important for you to maintain stamina? Did you have to pay particular attention to what you ate and drank, and when yu did so? Did you have other routines that helped keep you motivated during a long run, etc?

auctioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi Sandra!

I just watched the YouTube clip you posted and wanted to say how nice I thought it was that you took the time to respond to everyone's questions!

Aside from that, I wanted to offer a warm welcome! I'm from Michigan (Ann Arbor) as well, and completely relate to your story of heading up to Toronto to see theatre when you were growing up. I did the same, and actually met my husband at the Pantages seeing Phantom!

I'm also a fellow MSU alum, and I attended the theatre program there from 97-01. I remember seeing your headshot on the wall in Dr. Durr's office and hearing about your success at orientation. I'd seen you on tour with Phantom when I was in high school several times, and later on Broadway. I was really inspired by you - so thank you so much for that! I had some wonderful experiences working in theatre (alone and with my husband!) and though I've 'settled' into a more ordinary, corporate life in the past couple of years I know those experiences really shaped my life. I'm certain I never would've settled in Toronto if it hadn't been for those theatre trips!

I didn't really have any questions (as I think everyone else has posted plenty!) but I do look forward to hearing your responses Smile

Lovely to have you with us!

~Rebecca
Rebecca
Rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Sandra, thank you thank you thank you for answering our ?'s, I used to think that you were lucky to be married to Ron, now I think that Ron is LUCKY to be married to you how cool.

One more question, in Don Juan Past the Point of NO return, when do you think that Christine realizes that it is the Phantom that she is singing with, and why in your opionion, why she doe'snt run?/ Also what was your favorite song in the other Phantom show that you did?

( I feel like a Trekkie at a Star Trek convention, and that you are Captain Janeway.

Also do you have a book Phantom Girl, is it still out or available???

YOU ARE SO COOL

Last edited by ladygodiva on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more ??)

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 am

I feel like Columbo, Just One More Thing

on your you tube blog is that a framed Phantom Article behind you and a pic of you as Christine,?

I watched your you tube espcially on Oprah, you made me cry. and I loved your other Beauty blogs,

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Callie Daae Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:52 am

Sandra, did you ever have any funny mishaps on stage in Phantom? If so, what was the most embarrassing?

Last edited by Callie Daae on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Callie Daae
Callie Daae

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 am

Wow, that video response was amazing! Thank you so much for doing that for us! I really identified with your answers to my questions, especially what you said about being "in the moment," both in terms of performance and our regular lives.

I live in Hawaii and have never seen you perform, but I almost got the chance -- in March of '04, my school band went to see the Broadway production (I sadly couldn't afford to go along), and as I found out after my fellow "bandies" got back, you were the Christine they saw. I did eventually get to see the Tour in San Francisco, but I'd love the chance to see the show in New York someday as well. Kind of a bummer the show hasn't been in my neck of the woods for so long, but hey.

Anyway, I have no other questions at the moment, but if I think of some, I'll be sure to post 'em. Many, many thanks to you again for doing this! You're awesome. Very Happy

Aloha and Mahalo,
James
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  meglett Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 am

Hey, Sandra!

Just wanted to welcome you to the board and repeat the praise for that you tube video. I might have to copy you on that one. Wink You were my second Christine and I have to say that I sobbed on that performance. Welcome and I hope you enjoy the conversation on this board. They're wonderful. Smile

Brianne
meglett
meglett

Back to top Go down

Ask Sandra Joseph - Page 2 Empty Check it out!

Post  SandraJoseph Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:02 am

I still owe you answers--and they're coming, I promise--but in the meantime, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IRZidn5rUg

You guys are the very first to know about this. I want to thank you because it is ALL OF YOU awesome "Deserted Phan" peeps who inspired the idea.

Thanks for your kind words, beautiful Brianne! (You should totally do a video! They're fast and fun.)

Another video with answers to the questions on the previous couple of pages is coming soon!

xo,
Sandra Wink
SandraJoseph
SandraJoseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:12 am

AWESOME!!!! You rock, Sandra!

And you know what's sad? The only thing I can think of to ask Hugh is, "How is your Phantom troll holding up? Does he need any repairs?" LOL! *sigh* Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  SandraJoseph Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 am

LOL! You don't have to have a question to enter. If I choose your name, you can just pass. But by signing up, you'll be notified first when the interview is up. I'll also add you to my mailing list so I can let you in on where and when I'm performing. (You can unsubscribe at any time, of course.) It'd be awesome to meet some of you "pholks" in person!
SandraJoseph
SandraJoseph

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:57 am

SandraJoseph wrote:I still owe you answers--and they're coming, I promise--but in the meantime, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IRZidn5rUg

You guys are the very first to know about this. I want to thank you because it is ALL OF YOU awesome "Deserted Phan" peeps who inspired the idea.

Thanks for your kind words, beautiful Brianne! (You should totally do a video! They're fast and fun.)

Another video with answers to the questions on the previous couple of pages is coming soon!

xo,
Sandra Wink
I was actually thinking of suggesting you have guest stars on your videos. Good idea.
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomofPhoenix Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:04 am

Hi Sandra!
I just wanted to say that this is pretty awesome to get chance to talk to you! You were the first Christine I saw on Broadway. I saw you the night the show played performance 7486! What was it like taking part in such a monumental event like that?
I saw an interview you did the next day about what visitor should do when they visit New York. And without knowing it I totally took your advice. I saw that Statue of Liberty and Phantom in the same day, and then went home.
So my other question whould be, what would you tell someone who is trying to get into the world or theatre and not having much luck??
Thank you

PhantomofPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:57 am

I join in the praise of those videos. It's so 2010! pirat Looking forward to updates.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:43 pm

Sandra thank you once again,

Did your husband get to keep anything like a mask.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 pm

If you could ask Hugh, what was his favorite song in the phantom of the opera, what is is favorite song period,

who was his make-up artist.

what did he sing for his audition,

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Cape Twirl of Doom Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:04 am

ladygodiva wrote:

who was his make-up artist.

I can answer this one: Thelma Pollard does the make-up for all the Broadway Phantoms.

Sandra, thank you for sharing your time in doing this for us. Your videos are wonderful and informative. What a great idea to interview other performers, and I love that you decided to start with Hugh!

-Bonnie
Cape Twirl of Doom
Cape Twirl of Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Just one more thing, which singer or actor inspired you the most,...

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Loettchen Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi Sandra,

I'm sure I don't have to tell you how much your taking the time to talk with us and answer our questions is appreciated, since many people have already done so, but I wanted to anyway! Thanks so much. The video was fantastic, and it's a lot of fun and very interesting to read/hear your replies. Thanks again!
Loettchen
Loettchen

Back to top Go down

Ask Sandra Joseph - Page 2 Empty Coming soon!

Post  SandraJoseph Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 am

I haven't forgotten about you! I'm going to make a new video just for you very soon! Thanks for your patience.

And congrats to your own Lady Godiva--the first runner-up in the Hugh Panaro contest!
SandraJoseph
SandraJoseph

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Wow, I feel so lucky,

Yay

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Ask Sandra Joseph - Page 2 Empty Ladygodiva

Post  SandraJoseph Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Mary, if you have a question for Hugh, email me before 5pm today: sandrajoseph27@verizon.net. I'll try to get it answered!
SandraJoseph
SandraJoseph

Back to top Go down

Ask Sandra Joseph - Page 2 Empty Oh wait!

Post  SandraJoseph Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Just saw your questions above, Lady G! Fave song from show, etc. Got it!
SandraJoseph
SandraJoseph

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:16 pm

SandraJoseph wrote:Just saw your questions above, Lady G! Fave song from show, etc. Got it!
You know we love for doing this, right? sunny
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next