Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert & Sullivan

Go down

Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert & Sullivan Empty Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert & Sullivan

Post  ladygodiva Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:26 pm

One of my favorite musicals, I really enjoyed this show, I saw the Kevin Kline, Linda Rondstadt movie on VHS and the Live performance on DVD, and I saw a national tour of it, the Pirates were played by hunky Chippendale type dancers.

Kevin Kline as the Pirate King, he was a wonderful Ham, very athletic, oozing sex appeal and charm

Linda Rondstandt, as Mabel, she was very sweet, very innocent and I thought that she was a hell of a singer, Linda was like an earlier version of Sarah Brightman, most of the critics hated her (Unjustly) and others in the cast would be catty and say that she could not hit the notes without all the mics.

Rex Smith was sexy as Frederick, the young ex-pirate torn between love and duty

George Rose, a heck of a performer as the Major general Stanley, funny and talented

some great songs, some sweet ballads and an overall good score. Gilbert and Sullivans scores are over 100 years old, and I know that Andrew Lloyd Webbers will shine as much 100 years from now

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum