Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't quit your Day Job

+9
Viscountess
IamErik771
Becky
ladygodiva
Josephine
PhantomAngel777
LadyCDaae
SenorSwanky
Alyssa
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don't quit your Day Job - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't quit your Day Job

Post  ladygodiva Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 pm

I think that one of them wanted me to know what was said, but

I am not sure, I think the one who sent it to me really dislikes me and "accidently" sent it, I really wanted to confront them, but, what good would it do.?

I know that most jobs have a lot of "office Politics" and pettyness in it, but this job has been one of the top two jobs that I have worked at that seem to have the pettyness and catty plain awful people in it. My boss, Nick is great but most of the staff seem to be in a different level.

I am never sure how to respond to incidents like this.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 pm

That's pretty awful. You'd think people would leave the 6th grade behind by the time, well, by the time they got to seventh grade :s

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:21 am

I know, It is just sad, but, I was down about it now, I have raised myself up, I feel that I do not need to put others down to raise myself up.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyable_Nature Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:17 pm

I was working for a non-profit for two years in which I directed a program that provides free theater classes (acting, dance and music) to (I hate using the term but it is what it is) inner city students ages 5 through 18. I taught the drama class for the high school students as well. It was a wonderful experience and I was very happy doing it, but the person in charge of the whole shabang was completely inept and eventually pushed everyone away from her. My closest friend and mentor on the team quit, shortly after I quit and I hear that there are less than half of the original staff still standing. It's about to collapse entirely any day now. It's such a shame, especially because it shows the kids that they can't rely on anyone. It sucks.

I'm in the running (and a favorite) for a new position at a new Boys And Girls Club next month in the same city where I have been working and it's looking pretty hopeful. So we shall see Smile
Amyable_Nature
Amyable_Nature

http://www.instagram.com/amyable_nature

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:30 am

Amyable_Nature wrote:I was working for a non-profit for two years in which I directed a program that provides free theater classes (acting, dance and music) to (I hate using the term but it is what it is) inner city students ages 5 through 18. I taught the drama class for the high school students as well. It was a wonderful experience and I was very happy doing it, but the person in charge of the whole shabang was completely inept and eventually pushed everyone away from her. My closest friend and mentor on the team quit, shortly after I quit and I hear that there are less than half of the original staff still standing. It's about to collapse entirely any day now. It's such a shame, especially because it shows the kids that they can't rely on anyone. It sucks.

I'm in the running (and a favorite) for a new position at a new Boys And Girls Club next month in the same city where I have been working and it's looking pretty hopeful. So we shall see Smile

I hope that you get your new position., it sad the the person in charge of the free theatre classes was inept.

One good thing about the term inner city, it is far better than using the term, ghetto.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 am

Official Apple Employee in the HAUSE!
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Congratulations

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  InkedAlchemist Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Tattoo artist and piercer. The economy has not been kind on my industry. I've been laid off the past two winters. Started at a new shop about a month ago. She says she won't let me go in the winters like my old boss did... I'd sit there and starve with her. Neutral Laughing
InkedAlchemist
InkedAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:04 pm

InkedAlchemist wrote:Tattoo artist and piercer. The economy has not been kind on my industry. I've been laid off the past two winters. Started at a new shop about a month ago. She says she won't let me go in the winters like my old boss did... I'd sit there and starve with her. Neutral Laughing

Wow, your job sounds cool and fun.. you know, that I do not have pierced ears yet, I am terrified about having them done, in fact some people have given me presents of pierced earings and I can not wear them,

have you ever dealt with scardy cats like me

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  InkedAlchemist Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:19 pm

ladygodiva wrote:
InkedAlchemist wrote:Tattoo artist and piercer. The economy has not been kind on my industry. I've been laid off the past two winters. Started at a new shop about a month ago. She says she won't let me go in the winters like my old boss did... I'd sit there and starve with her. Neutral Laughing

Wow, your job sounds cool and fun.. you know, that I do not have pierced ears yet, I am terrified about having them done, in fact some people have given me presents of pierced earings and I can not wear them,

It has it's perks and it's draw backs.. with any job. Smile And is actually quite demanding physically and mentally. (The tattooing part anyway. Piercing's a bit easier)

Scaredy cats?All the time. The fear's all in your head. If you ever do decide to get them pierced.. you're better off avoiding places that pierce with a gun. (ie, taking a sharpened post and jamming it through your ear) While this gets the job done, it does with a fair amount of pain and trauma to the skin. When they're pierced with a needle, piercing needles are so sharp that the pain is actually quite minimal. What most people claim hurts the most is actually the clamping of whatever body part is about to be pierced with a pair of surgical clamps. (Which aren't generally used with lobe piercing)
InkedAlchemist
InkedAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:45 pm

InkedAlchemist wrote:
ladygodiva wrote:

It has it's perks and it's draw backs.. with any job. Smile And is actually quite demanding physically and mentally. (The tattooing part anyway. Piercing's a bit easier)

Scaredy cats?All the time. The fear's all in your head. If you ever do decide to get them pierced.. you're better off avoiding places that pierce with a gun. (ie, taking a sharpened post and jamming it through your ear) While this gets the job done, it does with a fair amount of pain and trauma to the skin. When they're pierced with a needle, piercing needles are so sharp that the pain is actually quite minimal. What most people claim hurts the most is actually the clamping of whatever body part is about to be pierced with a pair of surgical clamps. (Which aren't generally used with lobe piercing)

Thanks Inked, one of these days I may get my ears pierced, if I don't wimp out.,, it sounds less scary now.

I would have imagined that the tattooing is demanding, I am not an artsy, person, in fact I could not draw a straight line, and to be quite honest, in my final year of high school I was kicked out of art class, nicely though my art teacher thought I would do much better in home ec, so I transferred, so I have a great deal of respect for those of you who can draw and paint and sculpt.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  InkedAlchemist Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:21 pm

ladygodiva wrote:

Thanks Inked, one of these days I may get my ears pierced, if I don't wimp out.,, it sounds less scary now.

I would have imagined that the tattooing is demanding, I am not an artsy, person, in fact I could not draw a straight line, and to be quite honest, in my final year of high school I was kicked out of art class, nicely though my art teacher thought I would do much better in home ec, so I transferred, so I have a great deal of respect for those of you who can draw and paint and sculpt.

No problem. Just keep remembering it's all in your head.

Thanks. Very Happy
InkedAlchemist
InkedAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:32 pm

with the economy so bad,to supliment my income, I have been trying for work through temp agencies, one of which I have worked with before, well normally I would do Office work, Data Entry, customer service,

the temp agency called me and wanted to know if I could work for a few weeks at a retirement home, with one wing under construction, she said my job would be to answer phones and keep the older people from going into the construction zone, and I would do light cleaning after the construction guys left,

she lied...

my first day I arrived and let them know that I was with the temp agency, the foreman asked me to start peeling off wallpaper, I explained that I had not been aware that I would be doing that. I called the temp agency and left a message and was a trooper and started pulling wallpaper, till she would call and straighten this out., after I pulled off the wall paper, they had me help take off the tile off of the walls and floors,

Now, mind you, I am not adverse to manual labor, I cleaned and did laundry to put myself through college, and a did my share of heavy lifting, helping people move heavy furniture, etc. I was not perpared for this rough heavy lifting at the construction site, not to mention the worse thing was the dust and the dirt kicked up by the construction work.

after the first day of this,I felt like I was beat up and I felt like I helped lift and carry till I could no more, I called the temp agency and let her know that I would work out till the end of the week, but after that they would need to get another person in there. the next day was not as bad, still hard work but,

Well, my lesson was learned, if the temp person called, I would make sure exactly what I would be required to do.

Like I said normally this agency would come thru for me, but, this is the first time I was led astray. I can laugh about this now. the first two days were hard.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Don't quit your Day Job - Page 2 Empty I actually got a raise in pay

Post  ladygodiva Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I got a raise in pay, 40 cents an hour, not much mind you, but the sheer fact that I had not had a raise in over 3 and a half years. (Trust me the people that I work for think that I am way over paid!!!

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum