Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you change?

+13
justin-from-barbados
Bunvendor
mauerite#5
LisaL
MajesticPhantom
Paula74
London-Phan
Phantomlove
SenorSwanky
LadyCDaae
ML6
operafantomet
Scorp
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What would you change? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you change?

Post  mauerite#5 Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 pm

London-Phan wrote:I definitely think the Wandering Child trio should be in all productions and also the Phantom should have to sing the harmony during the trio part although i don't think its happend for a while but i've seen/heard a couple of Phantoms that just sang the melody like MC did on the OLC recording. Also the MOTN catch should have to be done in all productions.

I TOTALLY agree about the trio. The trio is BEAUTIFUL. I don't like Raoul's part just after Wandering Child now...it seems so random. But the Phantom should sing the melody, he's the central character. Usually the central character sings the melody.
mauerite#5
mauerite#5

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Deleted

Last edited by thephanfullerton on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Rolling Eyes
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

https://www.facebook.com/dustiningalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:12 pm

SenorSwanky wrote: Rolling Eyes
what?
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:27 pm

You're being facetious and making fun of movie and LND fans, right?
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  justin-from-barbados Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm in the group that things cutting the DJT rehearsal would be nice.

I've always liked the idea of a carriage ride to the cemetery, even before the movie came out, but that would just look stupid onstage.

I'm on the fence about TOM not having a backdrop, early on I thought the scene was lacking, but I;ve come to appreciate the simplicity of it focusing attention on Christine.

I'd love the inclusion of the Il Muto drape in Vegas and the Manager's door in Vegas as well as the somewhat expanded cemetery with 3 gates instead of one.

Also it would be nice if they could somehow have more of the boat.

and lastly some organ pipes somewhere, maybe off to the side, sometimes it does not read that the thing onstage is an organ.
justin-from-barbados
justin-from-barbados

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunvendor Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:50 pm

SenorSwanky wrote:You're being facetious and making fun of movie and LND fans, right?
hey Senorswanky,
First off no, I am not making fun of the movie, I actually rather liked it. Second off, I actually saw LND and enjoyed it a lot, and I had no affiliation with LSD. Did you attack the members of LSD by any chance? I don't know how you made your theory. I actually think that you are just being a bit unpleasent. I think I might just delete my ideas, if it somehow enrages certain people. yay. Honestly, I thought this was a group dedicated to their mutual love for phantom, not for ramdomly attacking people.
OG
Bunvendor
Bunvendor

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFinnishPhantom Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:37 pm

justin-from-barbados wrote:
and lastly some organ pipes somewhere, maybe off to the side, sometimes it does not read that the thing onstage is an organ.

The location of the bellows and the lack of pipes suggest that it's a some type of orgue expressif, more commonly known as harmonium. (Sweet polly plunkett, laid in the grass..) These types of organs have reeds instead of pipes.

Here's some videos of these types of instruments:

Regal organ

Reed organ

Harmonium
TheFinnishPhantom
TheFinnishPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:37 pm

I'd like to remind everyone that all opinions are welcome here. Disagreements are inevitable, but let's keep it civil and keep it on topic. Thank you.

TAFKaR
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

http://www.phantoonsoftheopera.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinnish Phan Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:36 pm

I would re-design the throne in final lair. In stage magic, the effect is called de Kolta chair (so named after magician Bautier de Kolta) and its a very different from POTO. Just so that Phantom would be seen a tad better under that cloth and re-choreograph the cloth removal somewhat. Yes, I am a magician.... Smile
Phinnish Phan
Phinnish Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  SenorSwanky Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:29 am

Can someone explain how exactly that chair works? I've never been clear on that. Raphael, if you know, can you draw a diagram Laughing ?
SenorSwanky
SenorSwanky

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinnish Phan Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 am

The throne is hollow. So Phantom sits inside it. If Meg would sit on the throne, she'd be on Phantom's lap. The cloth stays up on a head-shaped wire form. If it were a magic show that form would move in and out, but in this case it stays there the whole time. You cant see it as its black like the back of the throne.
Phinnish Phan
Phinnish Phan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lalilaloli Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

I would tone down the whole "Charlotta is an talentless has-been diva" who are there just for laughs. I found it more interesting in the novel where Charlotta is a very beautiful and talanted artist and Christine best her anyway. Isn't more of a achievement, after all, to excel over someone who is in their prime which is what Leroux's Christine actually does? Instead you get the feeling that anybody with a bit of talent who is at the right place in the right time can take Charlotta's place and make a success.
Lalilaloli
Lalilaloli

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Lalilaloli wrote:I would tone down the whole "Charlotta is an talentless has-been diva" who are there just for laughs. I found it more interesting in the novel where Charlotta is a very beautiful and talanted artist and Christine best her anyway. Isn't more of a achievement, after all, to excel over someone who is in their prime which is what Leroux's Christine actually does? Instead you get the feeling that anybody with a bit of talent who is at the right place in the right time can take Charlotta's place and make a success.
What Lalilaloli said!! Though I've seen brilliant stage Carlottas conveying this well, having gorgeous voices, nice looks and tons of charm. Eva Malmgren and Priti Coles comes to mind. I too think the story is more dynamic when Carlotta is good, but Christine is better.
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:54 pm

On that same note when it comes to Carlotta, what if Carlotta was actually somewhat lovely looking and not ... plump? I'd love to see a Carlotta look like that and (as others said) tone down the humor. I'd like to see some actual competition when it comes to the role, in terms of ego and voice and not just corny dialogue and etc.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  operafantomet Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm

ML6 wrote:On that same note when it comes to Carlotta, what if Carlotta was actually somewhat lovely looking and not ... plump? I'd love to see a Carlotta look like that and (as others said) tone down the humor. I'd like to see some actual competition when it comes to the role, in terms of ego and voice and not just corny dialogue and etc.
Or a plump Christine. Cool
operafantomet
operafantomet

http://www.anea.no

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 am

operafantomet wrote:
ML6 wrote:On that same note when it comes to Carlotta, what if Carlotta was actually somewhat lovely looking and not ... plump? I'd love to see a Carlotta look like that and (as others said) tone down the humor. I'd like to see some actual competition when it comes to the role, in terms of ego and voice and not just corny dialogue and etc.
Or a plump Christine. Cool

THAT TOO. Omg, wow. That would be interesting and a casting that I'd LOVE to see
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Lalilaloli Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Exactly! I completely agree.
Lalilaloli
Lalilaloli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2