Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading?

+15
Alyssa
RoseOfTransylvania
Paula74
Amyable_Nature
ChristineDaae1982
ML6
ladygodiva
EarlFan
Scorp
Becky
operafantomet
toasterphantom
LadyCDaae
phantomphan1992
PhantomAngel777
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are you reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you reading?

Post  RoseOfTransylvania Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:40 am

The nightingale and the rose from Wilde is GOR-GE-OUS , but so sad! Poor little bird! Crying or Very sad Stupid, tasteless young couple!
RoseOfTransylvania
RoseOfTransylvania

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:49 pm

In the past month (or less) I read all three books 'Millennium' series (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ; The Girl Who Played With Fire ; The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest). The first one had bad translation issues, but the other two seemed okay. Anyway:

FANTASTIC books. They're not everyone's cup of tea. But I liked it because there was a strong heart and a story to them. As I sat there reading them, I was like, "Wow, I can totally see these books as films!" And, so now, my job is to find the DVD's and watch them.

Elisabeth Salander is a bad ass chick. I'm bummed the world won't get to read more of her, but I don't know how anything can top book 3. It was a nice ending to a story that had so much more undiscovered potential. RIP, dude.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I certainly hope this counts. There's an AMAZING article about the Paris Catacombs at gizmodo.com

http://gizmodo.com/#!5794199

And yes, they do mention The phantom of the opera Smile
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom on a Budget Mon May 09, 2011 11:14 am

Born to Run. Awesome book.
Phantom on a Budget
Phantom on a Budget

http://www.phantomonabudget.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristineDaae1982 Tue May 10, 2011 2:03 am

Revisititing a novel called "Night Magic," by Charlotte Vale Allan.

Anyone heard of it?

It's a POTO based novel with a blend of Beauty and the Beast?
ChristineDaae1982
ChristineDaae1982

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Tue May 10, 2011 3:11 am

ChristineDaae1982 wrote:Revisititing a novel called "Night Magic," by Charlotte Vale Allan.

Anyone heard of it?

It's a POTO based novel with a blend of Beauty and the Beast?

Read it years ago; didn't really care for it, unfortunately. Neutral

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  phantomphan1992 Tue May 17, 2011 1:53 am

Just finished rereading Susan Kay's Phantom. Now I'm rereading a Twilight parody called Nighlight. I forgot how bizarre the ending of this book was, but it's still funny. Not exactly the best book to read in public, though. I got quite a few strange looks today.
phantomphan1992
phantomphan1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Josephine Thu May 26, 2011 8:16 pm

phantomphan1992 wrote:Now I'm rereading a Twilight parody called Nighlight.

I read half of that book last year in a bookshop, but I didn't quite like it enough to buy it. Can you recommend it?

Josephine

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:10 pm

ML6 wrote:In the past month (or less) I read all three books 'Millennium' series (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ; The Girl Who Played With Fire ; The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest). The first one had bad translation issues, but the other two seemed okay. Anyway:

FANTASTIC books. They're not everyone's cup of tea. But I liked it because there was a strong heart and a story to them. As I sat there reading them, I was like, "Wow, I can totally see these books as films!" And, so now, my job is to find the DVD's and watch them.

Elisabeth Salander is a bad ass chick. I'm bummed the world won't get to read more of her, but I don't know how anything can top book 3. It was a nice ending to a story that had so much more undiscovered potential. RIP, dude.

Just fininshed reading the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I agree the translation was bad, and apparently not a lot of proofreading as far as I am concerned, however it was a knock down great story, (I had already seen all three of the movies,) Lisbeth was a strong willed and cool, I would highly recommend it, very dark but a good story, I am looking forward to reading the Girl Who Played with Fire next.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 pm

ladygodiva wrote:
ML6 wrote:In the past month (or less) I read all three books 'Millennium' series (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ; The Girl Who Played With Fire ; The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest). The first one had bad translation issues, but the other two seemed okay. Anyway:

Just fininshed reading the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I agree the translation was bad, and apparently not a lot of proofreading as far as I am concerned, however it was a knock down great story, (I had already seen all three of the movies,) Lisbeth was a strong willed and cool, I would highly recommend it, very dark but a good story, I am looking forward to reading the Girl Who Played with Fire next.

The last two books are my favorite. The third is awesome. :') Overall, enjoyed the series so much. The movies, not really. But Noomi is perfection as Lisabeth. Hope you enjoy the last two!

Right now I'm reading Don Quixote and Monster Hunter Vendetta. Yes, I usually read two books at a time.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  ladygodiva Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Just finished off the Lovely Bones, I saw the movie last year and just got round to reading it, it was moving, funny in places, sad and nothing like I have ever read before.

it used to be I would read the books before the movies or mini-series on tv came out. now I am quite the opposite, but I would like to be getting back to reading more.

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

What are you reading? - Page 2 Empty Patti Lupone a memoir

Post  ladygodiva Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:23 pm

I did not read the book, but I got the audio recording at the library, read by the author herself Patti Lupone, it was very interesting, not as much mud as she could have slung at Andrew Lloyd Webber, it was funny,moving, interesting and she has most of all a passion for her craft.,

another good book was Sex Doctors in the Attic, a funny short book by Molly Jong-Fast, (Her mother, Erica Jong wrote some really smutty books.)

ladygodiva

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Reading Notre Dame de Paris/Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'm enjoying it so far.
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyCDaae Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 am

Ah, I'm re-reading Les Miserables myself. Such a great story, but Victor Hugo does love his tangents...

~LCD

LadyCDaae

http://musicalhell.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Phantom245w44st Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Lady C I want to read Les Mis too!

Currently I have a few I'm going through because I read one book on my kindle while traveling, one book I keep at work...or try to and one book at home.

Reading International Harvester by Matt Erickson (a new and local author for me) on my kindle, it's alright, the story is an interesting concept but the story gets boring and slightly cheesy sometimes.

Reading coffin dancer by Jeffrey Deaver at work but I'm taking it home because I'm going on a two week vacation after tomorrow.

Reading fifty shames of earl grey (a fifty shades of grey parody) at home.
Phantom245w44st
Phantom245w44st

http://phantomphandiary.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ML6 Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Currently reading three books:

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (since I don't remember anything from the first time I read it)
Red Seas Under Red Skies #2 of the Gentleman Bastard series
The Castle in Transylvania
ML6
ML6

Back to top Go down

Post  rookheeya Mon May 16, 2016 5:09 pm

The Century of the Surgeon by Jurgen Thorwald .
A book on the milestones of surgery. It has a chapter devoted to noseless people in India. It appears that cutting someone's nose off was a typical form of punishment in that country. That's why they had to develop procedures to provide people with false noses.
If I'm not much mistaken, Erik has been to India at some point ?

rookheeya

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Tue May 17, 2016 1:33 am

rookheeya wrote:The Century of the Surgeon by Jurgen Thorwald .
A book on the milestones of surgery. It has a chapter devoted to noseless people in India. It appears that cutting someone's nose off was a typical form of punishment in that country. That's why they had to develop procedures to provide people with false noses.
If I'm not much mistaken, Erik has been to India at some point ?
Maybe that's what got him started on the idea for the mask to make him look like everyone else!

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum