Deserted Phans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who

+11
PhantomsGhost
IamErik771
MasqPhan
meglett
tiawhitecat
Freyalise
blueroses
KarriesAngel
EarlFan
Cape Twirl of Doom
Raphael
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 2 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:08 am

Cape Twirl of Doom wrote:
Blaidd_Drwg wrote:
LadyCDaae wrote:
Blaidd_Drwg wrote:
You should definitely watch from the first season! Christopher Eccleston is a seriously underrated Doctor, in my opinion. The quality of the first season compared to even the second season isn't that great, but the acting is top notch.

I will second the Eccleston love--he's what got me hooked onto the new series. It's a pity he only stayed on for one season, but he made it count where it matters most. "Dalek" and the two-part season finale are particularly fine examples of his talent.

~LCD

Completely agree. I have friends who started watching the show and completely bypassed the first season because they wanted to get to David Tennant. As much as I love Ten, there's no reason why Nine should be overlooked. The two-part season finale was amazing, especially the last half hour of the last episode. As much as I love Steven Moffatt and his timey wimey stuff, I really miss simple story arcs like the whole Bad Wolf bit. Ah well.

Don't forget "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances," a brilliant two-parter written by Steven Moffat!

I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed in the most recent season. I got a bit tired of Moffat's season-wide story arcs and so much emphasis on the timey-wimey aspects. It's funny, all of Moffat's earlier episodes from seasons 1-4 are my absolute favorites, yet now that he's been in charge of the whole things I haven't liked it as much.

Oh, and just because:

Doctor Who - Page 2 Ui2ik90133fcd12viewattth13329dad7d2

Doctor Who - Page 2 Ui2ik90133fcd12viewattth13329dd3e91

Very Happy

Shocked ::picks up jaw from ground:: The amount I envy you right now is beyond okay. I especially love that David Tennant action figure right next to that mini TARDIS. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

And yes! I love "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances"! I think those are the ones that sold me on the show. Perfect examples of Eccleston's acting skills. "Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once! Everybody lives!"

I agree. As much as I love Matt Smith as the Doctor, this season was completely overdone. He's definitely getting too carried away with story arcs concerning wibbly wobbly timey wimey things and this season's finale was done in almost the same format as the ending of season five, but it wasn't nearly as good. It ended and I felt hugely unsatisfied. I felt like I had just finished watching Lost or something. I had all of these questions that I wanted answered and if they were answered, the answers were really mediocre.

I did think this season had some good standalone episodes though. "The Doctor's Wife", "The Girl Who Waited", "Let's Kill Hitler", and "The God Complex" were all pretty entertaining in my opinion. And I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm really excited that Amy and Rory left. It's not that I didn't like them, but I feel like they were around for a good two seasons and now it's time for someone new. Hopefully that will send the show in a good direction once more.

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaidd_Drwg Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:12 am

Just thought I'd share this. I think it's absolutely brilliant. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaMRyn47Xg

Blaidd_Drwg

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 am

Netflix just updated to include last season! I can finally be caught up with everyone else, YES.
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Sometimes I forget how wonderful the episode "Let's Kill Hitler" is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQrbahzbno&feature=related
Very Happy

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Finally got caught up with Series 6 -- I don't get BBC America, so I have to wait for the Netflix rentals. I adored it, especially "Let's Kill Hitler," "The Doctor's Wife," and "Closing Time." I do wish they could have done more with the Silence... but perhaps next season (which will be premiering next year, 50 years after the show's debut)! Very Happy
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Who else thinks Stormageddon should be the Doctor's next companion?

Becky

Back to top Go down

Post  IamErik771 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:43 pm

That would be awesome! Or Craig and Stormy. Very Happy
IamErik771
IamErik771

http://iamerik771.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:38 am

Becky wrote:Who else thinks Stormageddon should be the Doctor's next companion?

Spoilers!

No seriously, I'm still catching up.

Also, how weirdly hot is Alex Kinston?
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2